SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

I'd speak to the head of the department. There is no reason for your father to be put on 4 powerful drugs at once. That is not good medical practice.

Thanks @Altostrata

im left with the burden of knowledge ,hopefully I'm wrong.ile try something .

Take care.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, apace41 said:

I agree that it is reprehensible, Alto, but PB may not have the status in the situation to change things.  If the patient's spouse is supportive of the treatment, a child trying to change that from a distance is going to be challenged.  And, while we can theorize this could be done as a "friendly conversation", the odds of the attending physician not taking umbrage at a "layperson" challenging the management of the case are pretty close to slim and none.

PB, it might be worth one final "Hail Mary" phone call, but you need to also protect your own health given where you have been.  Being embroiled in a situation where nobody (including your family) sides with you can be rather taxing to the CNS.

Best,

Andy

Hi Andy thanks for your thoughts and wise  advice.

Its hard not to think the worst but with luck im wrong .ive only irritated and added trouble  but I couldn't stand by and say nothing .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Yikes PB. Wishing you and your family all the best. 

Current Dose

0.5mcg Clonidine and 1.25 Diazepam PRN for treatment of iatrogenic hypertension. 

2010 .Prescribed Pristiq 100 mg in July by GP

2010 .Reduced to 50mg by splitting and weighing. Held at 50mg

2014. Reduced from 50-35 .Held at 35mg. 

2017. Taper from 35mg commenced using compounded Desvenlafaxine

2018. 23/06 13.5mg. 21/07  12.5mg. 25/08 11.5mg. 09/2018 10mg. 14/11 11mg (updose) 21/11 -12mg (updose)

2019. Still holding at 12mg and stuck. 

2020. January 2019 Prozac Bridge-- Prozac 2.5 to 10mg and

Pristiq 23rd Jan 6mg/ 27th Jan 5mg/ 28th Jan 3mg/ 30 Jan 0

Prozac 6th Feb 9.5mg. Vitamin D3 5000iu with K2

Magnesium Glycinate with Glycine and Passionflower  600mg 

1 hour ago, Andie said:

Yikes PB. Wishing you and your family all the best. 

Hi Andie ,thanks your very kind .

as I said previously this is a progression over time ,when I researched my own issues I noticed that he had undiagnosed anxiety hes whole life  but the last few months it spiralled badly ,,I know I shouldn't but Im finding it hard not to criticise myself ,,I haven't been around because im quite ill the last year .to be honest he was a trigger for me ,,he has a brutal negative biased in general.

Im becoming alienated  in regards my family because the way I am about meds and mental health in general ,Ive told my siblings before this happened to research mental health because of my past ,I see the signs in them ,,im not coming off well at all .if he gets well in a few months and im still housebound ,,im looking like quite the joke if this happens .

My mam is hes next of kin so ile just have too respect that .

I cant even visit him because ive had one foot in the place myself .he mite not respond well to me anyway .

Im probably divulging to much on my thread  but I had to ask about the meds .hopefully this can help others rather than only trigger them .

Thanks for your message .

I wish you good health .

Peace . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

17 minutes ago, powerback said:

Hi Andie ,thanks your very kind .

as I said previously this is a progression over time ,when I researched my own issues I noticed that he had undiagnosed anxiety hes whole life  but the last few months it spiralled badly ,,I know I shouldn't but Im finding it hard not to criticise myself ,,I haven't been around because im quite ill the last year .to be honest he was a trigger for me ,,he has a brutal negative biased in general.

Im becoming alienated  in regards my family because the way I am about meds and mental health in general ,Ive told my siblings before this happened to research mental health because of my past ,I see the signs in them ,,im not coming off well at all .if he gets well in a few months and im still housebound ,,im looking like quite the joke if this happens .

My mam is hes next of kin so ile just have too respect that .

Thanks for your message .

I wish you good health .

Peace . 

This is not unusual to hear. My views about mental health and medication has done a 180 since going through WD hell and left me with very different opinions from my family. I had a very near miss with my own father. He went to see a Psychiatrist after a major car accident left him (understandably) with PTSD and anxiety. He came home with 200mg of Pristiq, a sleeping pill and a Benzo. He didn’t tell me what he had been prescribed. I took one look At his ridiculous regime and warned him to stay well away from that sh$&t and thank god he listened. 

It goes without saying but you really need to look after yourself right now. 

I bit the Bullet and bridged to Prozac in the end too. 

Current Dose

0.5mcg Clonidine and 1.25 Diazepam PRN for treatment of iatrogenic hypertension. 

2010 .Prescribed Pristiq 100 mg in July by GP

2010 .Reduced to 50mg by splitting and weighing. Held at 50mg

2014. Reduced from 50-35 .Held at 35mg. 

2017. Taper from 35mg commenced using compounded Desvenlafaxine

2018. 23/06 13.5mg. 21/07  12.5mg. 25/08 11.5mg. 09/2018 10mg. 14/11 11mg (updose) 21/11 -12mg (updose)

2019. Still holding at 12mg and stuck. 

2020. January 2019 Prozac Bridge-- Prozac 2.5 to 10mg and

Pristiq 23rd Jan 6mg/ 27th Jan 5mg/ 28th Jan 3mg/ 30 Jan 0

Prozac 6th Feb 9.5mg. Vitamin D3 5000iu with K2

Magnesium Glycinate with Glycine and Passionflower  600mg 

1 hour ago, Andie said:

This is not unusual to hear. My views about mental health and medication has done a 180 since going through WD hell and left me with very different opinions from my family. I had a very near miss with my own father. He went to see a Psychiatrist after a major car accident left him (understandably) with PTSD and anxiety. He came home with 200mg of Pristiq, a sleeping pill and a Benzo. He didn’t tell me what he had been prescribed. I took one look At his ridiculous regime and warned him to stay well away from that sh$&t and thank god he listened. 

It goes without saying but you really need to look after yourself right now. 

I bit the Bullet and bridged to Prozac in the end too. 

cool ,that's great your dad listened to you and he improved otherwise ?

I wasn't even saying no meds ,I just wanted him to try 2 ,,he was very far gone ,,sadly hes baseline anxiety wasn't great .

Hes a very difficult character, ide even say he developed a learned helplessness over time  ,,out of sheer fear .a month ago he wouldn't even take magnesium, zinc and a VB complex to help with stress from me .I begged him to trust me .if I wasn't as sick ,I mite of been more forceful,weeks ago I pushed him and he asked me to leave him alone ,he was fairly frail .

from extensive research into myself I realised I have people pleasing tendencies,,thus I put pressure on myself ,,im working on alleviating this,,

Last summer someone in my immediate family took serious offense to my help with there alcohol [5 years sober myself],,there partner came to me for help.the person got extremely defensive and went after me .its then I started to wake up ,,its a work in progress for me .

I wont come off well at all ,if he gets well it shows me up and if he never comes out then ive scared them with meds knowledge ,,its all pressure I seem to be putting on myself ..its time for a log cabin in the Alaskan wilderness I think lol.

I must be totally transparent in saying that they are dealing with him in a severe anxious state ,even phobic .he wouldn't even let me fix a dishwasher over hes fear over a leak in the kitchen ,,too witch I took up the floor and solved the issue ,,he was still phobic ,,no amount of reassurance would calm him. 

At the end of the day my mam cant put up with the stress ,so its best for all round by looks of it ,,but its state care ,,not insurance ,so no way will they leave him there ,,theres huge pressure on the system .theres never a truer saying " health is your wealth "

Hope the bridge is working for you .

thanks for your story andie ,it helps .if your dad is mostly functional this is a big win for your confidence in general ,in regards him recovering in the absence  of meds. 

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 2 months later...

Hi Pb,

same with me, I put pressure to myself, 

having  people around me pleasing tendencies,  that's not good for my health, my family wont listen to me and get anxious.

dealing with emotional spiral sometime and cant get it out, and I push my bro and a close friend, I know that's not good for the long run but I have no other solution.

not good atm.

great that you sorted out the issue with the dishwasher

im  feeling awfull atm

take care 

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

• 3 weeks later...

HI everyone ,Im the last person that wants to be writing this but I may aswell  be honest .

I have been diagnosed with major despressive and anxiety  disorder[I agree with this diagnosis] and 20mg Prozac has been recommended [im on 4.5 mg as is]

Before lockdown and most of winter  something was off ,,6 weeks ago I developed serious tinnitus ,clutched at straws and got my ears cleaned .I personally think  I had a nervous breakdown of sorts  ,how im not in the hospital god knows .

Ile try my best to start low and work up .

DONT compare your case with mine if your tempted,as we all know ,theres many variables to a case . 

cheers .  

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
59 minutes ago, powerback said:

I have been diagnosed with major despressive and anxiety  disorder[I agree with this diagnosis]

Powerback, you posted in the prior page of this thread that you had "ADHD." Please note that these types of posts are against forum rules:

See What will get you warned or banned, specifically: 

On 6/15/2011 at 2:45 PM, Altostrata said:

The "chemical imbalance" theory or its variants does not bear discussing any more than does a theory that says the sun revolves around the earth. It is a waste of time. This site will not add to the dissemination of this misinformation. Expect credulous discussion of such to be discouraged on this site.

See Again, chemical imbalance is a myth. Stop the lies, please. and Ronald Pies says doctors tell patients the "chemical imbalance" lie as a favor

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Ile try my best to start low and work up .

Please join another site. We aren't able to help you with going on a psych drug. There are sites specific for this that you may find useful, such as depressionforums.org  or patientslikeme.com. You likely will have local support groups in your area for people who believe in these types of "diagnoses."  Due to COVID-19 restrictions, many of these groups are online now, so you'll have easier access to them. There are by far more support groups for people who wish to take these drugs than for people who wish to discontinue. 

6 hours ago, Shep said:

Powerback, you posted in the prior page of this thread that you had "ADHD." Please note that these types of posts are against forum rules:

See What will get you warned or banned, specifically: 

Please join another site. We aren't able to help you with going on a psych drug. There are sites specific for this that you may find useful, such as depressionforums.org  or patientslikeme.com. You likely will have local support groups in your area for people who believe in these types of "diagnoses."  Due to COVID-19 restrictions, many of these groups are online now, so you'll have easier access to them. There are by far more support groups for people who wish to take these drugs than for people who wish to discontinue. 

I understand.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

You've been taking 0.5mg diazepam for a year? A possible adverse effect is "depression".

pb, you've always been looking for a psychiatric diagnosis. The upshot is, all of them are arbitrary, you may find any drug or drug combination to "work" or to cause more adverse effects.

Good luck on your quest to find a diagnosis and drug treatment.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You've been taking 0.5mg diazepam for a year? A possible adverse effect is "depression".

pb, you've always been looking for a psychiatric diagnosis. The upshot is, all of them are arbitrary, you may find any drug or drug combination to "work" or to cause more adverse effects.

Good luck on your quest to find a diagnosis and drug treatment.

HI Alto ,,I wont deny my quest to understand myself has been an obsession.

in hindsight I shouldn't of put that post up ,I should of sat with it myself and worked it out .

My drug sig is slightly out of date ,im months on 1mg diazepam,Is making a liquid solution the best for tapering it ?.

The fact I even thought of more drugs shows  a desperation for the last couple of months of pure hell .

This has no bearing on all the help and support I have gotten from yourself ,the moderators and members that have supported me over time .

Total respect . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

Please update your signature with date you started diazepam and Prozac. Exactly what are you taking now, at what times of day and dosages?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

44 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please update your signature with date you started diazepam and Prozac. Exactly what are you taking now, at what times of day and dosages?

Hi Alto .

started Prozac 4.5mg 1700 taken each day, December 2019 

I would be on 1mg diazepam since at least October 2019 nightly at 11pm.I have been thinking of tapering diazepam for a while ,im that tired I didn't have the energy to do it .in the process of getting the equipment for a liquid solution titration .

im finding the easiest way for myself to do .1mg diazepam  diluted in 200mililtre of water and go slow/0.5mililtre or 1militre a day reduction    .does this make sense to you ?

Thanks .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

Are you feeling better on 4.5mg Prozac? Why are you tapering diazepam?

What information are you looking for here?

20 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Are you feeling better on 4.5mg Prozac

No.

Why are you tapering diazepam?

I fail to see any positive benefits .never felt worse than  the last few months .severe mental and physical  fatigue, severe back and neck stiffness and pain .never had such severe depression ,shallow breathing/air hunger ,severe tinnitus . 

What information are you looking for here?

nothing .

As I said ,I regret posting that original  post .

for the sake of it ,ile retract it.

Peace.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

Please start a topic for yourself in the Benzo section about tapering diazepam.

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please start a topic for yourself in the Benzo section about tapering diazepam.

OK.

Thanks alto.

Peace .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry to hear you been having a hard time Pb. I haven't been on this site for a while now, and i just wanted to check up on some of you. You are and has always been such an helpful and kind spirit! As evidenced by so many people telling you how much of a difference you made for them, including me! Time has come for you to make a difference for yourself now, and i wish you the best of luck in doing that and beating this withdrawal beast. I always been a people pleaser too, so to prioritize myself so much through this journey, and being trapped inside my own mind so much, instead of being occupied/distracted by others, has been strange and tough. You will beat this, i am sure of it. Life is full of up's and downs, but no flowers without rain, or as Pinkfairy put it - After the storm comes the rainbow. You can beat this my friend! Also i just wanted to mention, that my sister got on adhd meds a couple of years ago, and it made her way worse and agressive (I also made a post about this) as it turned out it was the medication she was on (antidepressants) that caused some of the "adhd" symptoms in her (especially the restless one's). I admire all of you so much in here, more than you will ever know. Keep strong Pb, and hang on tight💕 😊

2010 - 2015: 50mg Sertraline, 30mg Mirtazapine.

2015 - 2016: Last dose Mirtazapine 28.11.2015 and Sertraline 04.01.2016. (6 months taper)

2016/June: 6 months off. Feeling better but a lot of symptoms, name one and i have it.

2016/Dec: 12 months off. Hit a very bad wave, can't function at this moment, isolate and many intense symptoms. Very intense heart palpitations and very intense anxiety.

2017/June: 18 months off. Things are better, experiencing a lot of flashbacks, walking everyday.

2017/Nov: Things have finally started to improve and i'm now much better than a year ago, starting to feel a lot of improvements, but still symptoms that come in waves and windows.  

2018/June: Feeling better. Starting to do some normal things again, but still some improvements needed. All symptoms still there, just less intense.

2018/Oct: Almost 3 years off. Symptoms are milder and more manageable, but lots of anger issues at the moment. Still some depersonalization etc. Heart palpitations almost gone. There's hope.

2021/april: 5 years and 3 months off. Symptoms less intense, but still struggling, still not able to socialize much, very tired, i just want to feel normal again. In a tough and awful wave.