powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

20 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi powerback 

'brilliant you had a window. Here's to many more. 

hi scorpio its very kind of you to  acknowledge this when your going through such a difficult period ,shows the strength of your character .

I was starting to think windows were becoming extinct ;):D.

I'm wishing you all the best and relief ASAP .

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi powerback 

thank you for you support too we are all in it together warts and all. It makes me happy to read you had some good moments. Here's to another one for us both. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

13 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi powerback 

thank you for you support too we are all in it together warts and all. It makes me happy to read you had some good moments. Here's to another one for us both. 

ye exactly ,ive seen that the weather is nice tomorrow so I will seek out peace and quiet and soak up the sun .

Take great care

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi powerback 

well I hope your weather was better than ours as we have rotten rain and heavy clouds which just about sums up my state of mind. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Hi powerback 

well I hope your weather was better than ours as we have rotten rain and heavy clouds which just about sums up my state of mind. 

Eeek scorpio,just back from walk ,I was doing some black berry picking and chatting to some tourists ,im lucky I have  buetiful coastal walks with in an hour travel and closer .terrible headaches but siting around is worse .

Im planning for winter ,im going to get a mood lamp to make sure vitiman d stays topped up.

Have youheard of them.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi powerback. Yes heard of mood lamps. Hope it works for you. I take calcium and vitamin d supplement.  Well done walking,  chatting you are definitely on the up. I'm in hell, terrible back pain which of course has knocked me back. Nausea horrible, fatigue and anxiety back to square one. 

4 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi powerback. Yes heard of mood lamps. Hope it works for you. I take calcium and vitamin d supplement.  Well done walking,  chatting you are definitely on the up. I'm in hell, terrible back pain which of course has knocked me back. Nausea horrible, fatigue and anxiety back to square one. 

Sorry for your troubles ,I was fairly fit before withdrawal so I can call on that .I did deep Breathing thismorning the usual waking nightmare for an hour .I dont even look out the window until it passes .

Im strugling deeply not working but I have to have some acceptance of how my brain is for now.

Ive had a terrible month but being part of this community is so helpful .

Do you journal and get all your pain out ,but I know that wont help your back though .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I am sure you struggle with not working but that time will return it is important for you to focus on you at the moment. I worked from home for the two years I was on cipralex as i struggled badly through that whole time but have now given up as it is all too much. Yes SA is a lifeline and about the only thing that helps me at the moment knowing others are sharing the same nightmares. 

14 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

I am sure you struggle with not working but that time will return it is important for you to focus on you at the moment. I worked from home for the two years I was on cipralex as i struggled badly through that whole time but have now given up as it is all too much. Yes SA is a lifeline and about the only thing that helps me at the moment knowing others are sharing the same nightmares. 

Be careful and know when to back off and rest for you .I stayed off site for a week I was so tired and worn out .

Hopeing your back heals quick .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I agree pb and have to be careful of triggers as so sensitive to anything so only read what I think I can manage. Mindfulness is beyond me at the moment, keep trying, but brain won't let me. 

3 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I agree pb and have to be careful of triggers as so sensitive to anything so only read what I think I can manage. Mindfulness is beyond me at the moment, keep trying, but brain won't let me. 

its wise to realise when the tools don't work and focus on healthy  distraction ,our brains are using so much energy normally let alone under chronic stress .

take care

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Extreme mental anguish going on today ,very hard to bring it under control .it started after a phonecall from an old freind that has been on meds and off them no problem  in a year .

Brings me to the point of wondering what im left to deal with ,6 years of my life dealing with all this    (2 years withdrawl) and im geting worse cognitively and emotionally.I cant sit in a room with family the tv noise is exctruciating for my ears ,so my world is geting even smaller .dam this is geting impossible.sorry for triggers folks .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

44 minutes ago, powerback said:

Extreme mental anguish going on today ,very hard to bring it under control .it started after a phonecall from an old freind that has been on meds and off them no problem  in a year .

Brings me to the point of wondering what im left to deal with ,6 years of my life dealing with all this    (2 years withdrawl) and im geting worse cognitively and emotionally.I cant sit in a room with family the tv noise is exctruciating for my ears ,so my world is geting even smaller .dam this is geting impossible.sorry for triggers folks .

PB

Hi pb

you had better days last week and will continue to do so.  Today is a bad day aggravated by because of a phone call.  It is so hard when we are going through bad times and you hear from others they have no problem but your problems will lessen with time. I'm repeating what you said to me at the weekend when my back went another trigger. Keep going. 

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Hi pb

you had better days last week and will continue to do so.  Today is a bad day aggravated by because of a phone call.  It is so hard when we are going through bad times and you hear from others they have no problem but your problems will lessen with time. I'm repeating what you said to me at the weekend when my back went another trigger. Keep going. 

thanks scorpio for your response your very kind .some serious home truths were said that I'm in anguish over it

.he said I've never given myself a break to relax and he's correct .I'm not sure how much of this is withdrawal to be honest ,I'm obsessed and stuck on past grievances and non achievements .almost feel like my emotional age never got passed a certain age .

its a mess ,he said ive got to forget the past ,,so true but I'm stuck and obsessed about it and I worry now I've ripped my brain apart ,today is the 3rd serious state I've been in in a short time ,I'm getting worse .

so its time to stop blaming withdrawl maybe and face some excruciating reality's that life just hasn't worked out and I try to find a way to move on .

ive done a lot of introspection over the last few years and it was maybe a mistake ,especially the last 2 years .ive dug myself  a hole now that I hope to get out of ,you see ive been honest to the wrong people I think ,a lot of them are apart of my work circle and discrimination is wild and mud sticks ,I'm angry because ive been there for the same people that have turned on me ,lesson learned I suppose .but I will say my character changed last year a bit so maybe they just haven't the tools to cope .

Thanks for your shoulder :)

sorry your back is still playing up.

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 years ive just read my sig ;).

maybe I was thinking the year I spent up and down to doctors to find the solution for my constant urination ,that resulted in me being put on meds arrr:(

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

27 minutes ago, powerback said:

thanks scorpio for your response your very kind .some serious home truths were said that I'm in anguish over it

.he said I've never given myself a break to relax and he's correct .I'm not sure how much of this is withdrawal to be honest ,I'm obsessed and stuck on past grievances and non achievements .almost feel like my emotional age never got passed a certain age .

its a mess ,he said ive got to forget the past ,,so true but I'm stuck and obsessed about it and I worry now I've ripped my brain apart ,today is the 3rd serious state I've been in in a short time ,I'm getting worse .

so its time to stop blaming withdrawl maybe and face some excruciating reality's that life just hasn't worked out and I try to find a way to move on .

ive done a lot of introspection over the last few years and it was maybe a mistake ,especially the last 2 years .ive dug myself  a hole now that I hope to get out of ,you see ive been honest to the wrong people I think ,a lot of them are apart of my work circle and discrimination is wild and mud sticks ,I'm angry because ive been there for the same people that have turned on me ,lesson learned I suppose .but I will say my character changed last year a bit so maybe they just haven't the tools to cope .

Thanks for your shoulder :)

sorry your back is still playing up.

PB

Hi pb

we are in the same boat the hard bits just get us at different times that is why this site is so invaluable so we can support each other when we reach out. Yes it probably is true we shouldn't live in the past and if very bad try and move on to looking forward. Your beautiful niece, and anything else that is a blessing in your life. Your work mates are just that, good and bad people, you can't choose them just have to work with them. I'm sure your friend that rang you was saying these things with the best of intentions but not having been through w/d he has no idea what triggers statements like that cause. Try very hard to see it for what it probably was someone trying to help you. Don't blame yourself for how you feel just remember our emotions are all over the place but last week you were feeling so much better and it will come back just stay away from comments that don't help at this time. 

Yes I am still imitating Quasimodo. Agony. 

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi pb

we are in the same boat the hard bits just get us at different times that is why this site is so invaluable so we can support each other when we reach out. Yes it probably is true we shouldn't live in the past and if very bad try and move on to looking forward. Your beautiful niece, and anything else that is a blessing in your life. Your work mates are just that, good and bad people, you can't choose them just have to work with them. I'm sure your friend that rang you was saying these things with the best of intentions but not having been through w/d he has no idea what triggers statements like that cause. Try very hard to see it for what it probably was someone trying to help you. Don't blame yourself for how you feel just remember our emotions are all over the place but last week you were feeling so much better and it will come back just stay away from comments that don't help at this time. 

Yes I am still imitating Quasimodo. Agony. 

Ah ye your correct .he's had depression so I respect he's advice and he meant no malice I believe that .the reality of my situation is overwhelming and I want to sleep for a month and without nightmares :(:).ye my niece ah .I've got to get well and help protect her from the world and never pass my cynicism on to her ;).

Hope you get to hold your grandkids soon .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi everyone.anyone that's read my thread or I have posted to will see I live for my walks during this hard time of withdrawl.

there's still  plenty of symptoms I wont bore now .

yesterday I was out and I was off the beaten track and I got talking to 2 retired lads[brother in-laws from Maine and Dublin ] and they asked me for directions and instead of just showing them I said ide go with them and it was a nice interaction for me because in withdrawl we can become so dam cynical [rightly so maybe ] and think the world is what ever misery sky news is constantly streaming .

we chatted about the normal things in life and it was a simple nice human interaction ,they were so grateful for the help but they also helped my heart and pull me out of the cynical prison that needs to be  broken out of .

I later found a nice tree and had a rest under it and when the intrusive critic started to give its 2 cents your grand you"should" be in work,  I replaced that thought with today is a nice day and enjoyed the peace .

I actively have to  practice being kind to myself for the rest of the year and give myself a chance .

An old friend gave me a good telling off [he got through depression] ,he said I'm not giving myself a chance ,take it day by day .so so true ,especially with depression .

I know withdrawl takes time but I think theres an awful lot of other things keeping us back ,that's why I'm treating the depression as a separate symptom during withdrawl  even though its all connected .

last night was the first time in maybe 2 years I had a really nice dream I cant stop thinking about this morning .[this one is only for me :)]

The problem I believe with cutting ourselves away from the world and society is we think we are the only people with issues and being out in the world you see that people are getting on in life and it keeps me anyway on a path of recovery [but dam the things emotionally and psychologically  throws up Is tough ]

I struggle these days when to claim a window or when its  just not a big or small  wave .but I'm claiming a window since yesterday :D.

please get out in the sun and find a peaceful walk ,I'm a divel for listening to the radio while walking but I put it away and keep it for later to  drown out the traffic noises when I'm back to reality .

Today is just today and I will have to do this for the rest of my withdrawal because thinking of the future is tearing my brain and heart apart .

Keep fighting and thanks to anyone that has been kind to me with there time to encourage me through the nightmare only we can relate too .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

great update PB!, you sound in a much more positive frame of mind than your previous recent updates, if you try and stay in this frame of mind then im sure you will be fine, also fantastic that you can interact with the public, thats something ive not been able to do properly for many years now,

hope this window lasts for you

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

PB,

current book I am reading - "The Body Keeps the Score" by Bessell van der Kolk - reminds us, that in the author's view, we humans are wired for being social animals.

I respect his opinion based on his experiences.  Myself, as an only child, I always thought I do not need anyone else - or, at least no more than a couple of people.

His writing and your encounter with the two guys yesterday should remind us that we need to be open to the view that we must be social animals to feel balanced?.

Since starting the book I have tried to integrate more with others, and keep finding that it does help me spiritually.

Best wishes for now bhoy!

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, peng said:

PB,

current book I am reading - "The Body Keeps the Score" by Bessell van der Kolk - reminds us, that in the author's view, we humans are wired for being social animals.

I respect his opinion based on his experiences.  Myself, as an only child, I always thought I do not need anyone else - or, at least no more than a couple of people.

His writing and your encounter with the two guys yesterday should remind us that we need to be open to the view that we must be social animals to feel balanced?.

Since starting the book I have tried to integrate more with others, and keep finding that it does help me spiritually.

Best wishes for now bhoy!

Hi peng ,thanks for your reply ,I listened to the first hour last night of the audio book I found it on YouTube ,ile get out today for a long walk and listen to more of it .

All the research says we are social beings alright .ive just thought of it now about traveling to Manchester for a wedding a couple of years ago and I was sober also ,I had a great night without drink with people I had just met at the table .since then withdrawal hit and all the horrible self consciousness and anxiety has hit me .ile use it as a goal to get back to that .

take care 

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, dj2010 said:

great update PB!, you sound in a much more positive frame of mind than your previous recent updates, if you try and stay in this frame of mind then im sure you will be fine, also fantastic that you can interact with the public, thats something ive not been able to do properly for many years now,

hope this window lasts for you

take care

Thanks DJ ,ye I'm going to keep on the path of day by day for the next few months .I think interacting with strangers is a bit easier on us in withdrawl ,because I think I bring a certain atmosphere into an interaction with people that know my situation ,because there wondering what way ile be ,so that all ruminates around my head.

because I'm not great at judging my gut feeling I cant make decisions on certain interactions ,its already damaged two friendships [there ignorance and discrimination there  I believe ].so with strangers there's no worries with how I will take something up personally because they don't know me .

But last Friday I was feeling good and normal so I made an effort to be around my parents and we had a nice normal chat and shooting the breeze and I wanted to ease there worries a bit and show I'm still in here under this thick glass of withdrawl .

take care my friend 

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

11 minutes ago, powerback said:

Thanks DJ ,ye I'm going to keep on the path of day by day for the next few months .I think interacting with strangers is a bit easier on us in withdrawl ,because I think I bring a certain atmosphere into an interaction with people that know my situation ,because there wondering what way ile be ,so that all ruminates around my head.

because I'm not great at judging my gut feeling I cant make decisions on certain interactions ,its already damaged two friendships [there ignorance and discrimination there  I believe ].so with strangers there's no worries with how I will take something up personally because they don't know me .

But last Friday I was feeling good and normal so I made an effort to be around my parents and we had a nice normal chat and shooting the breeze and I wanted to ease there worries a bit and show I'm still in here under this thick glass of withdrawl .

take care my friend 

PB

Hi pb

how lovely to read you are feeling brighter and better so good after your last few posts where life has been difficult for you. The joys of w/d. I’m sure your parents were thrilled to see you and to note you were feeling brighter long may it last. 

1 minute ago, Scorpio said:

Hi pb

how lovely to read you are feeling brighter and better so good after your last few posts where life has been difficult for you. The joys of w/d. I’m sure your parents were thrilled to see you and to note you were feeling brighter long may it last. 

Thanks scorpio for popping by  ,ye my mam as never left my side during withdrawl ,she's a star ,but my dad wouldn't have a clue how serious its been but he's aware somethings up because I haven't worked a whole lot in a good while ,I did say I was getting off ADs a while ago to him  and he's face was a picture , I worked yesterday so ile go up and chat to him about that .the funny thing is I look better than I did in my drinking days so in he's mind ,he wouldn't know what to make of depression and withdrawl.

sorry ,I haven't visited your thread I hope your back is getting better and you can lift your grand kids ,if not, Christmas is a good target for you  .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi pb

just keep doing what you are doing and your parents love you warts and all so they must be thrilled to see you looking better in yourself and added bonus chatting. Back still painful had couple of days off from baby so helped and been out for last two days. Happy times fir both of us but trying to ignore the horrible w/d symptoms. Out is out right!  

• 2 weeks later...

Update :yesterday was a rough day ,I really felt the drop of the bead 7 ,just shows ye how sensitive my system is .

Symptoms :dizzy/buzzing in the brain ,nausea ,fatigue,extreme noise sensitivity .

I also have a bug witch has me on the toilet constantly and I have indigestion [I haven't had this for a long time ].note to self :keep hydrated 

I managed it by not fighting it and just distracting myself and pulling on the experience that it will pass .

I forced myself out for a little walk but had no energy and just sat on a bench for an hour listening to George Orwell .

its funny in that even though I had all this yesterday I could still laugh and have some nice humour texting with a good old friend and watching old clips of spitting image ,anyone from the UK and Ireland over a certain will know what this is .

we got to keep fighting folks 

Take care 

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi pb

hope you are feeling better and getting over that nasty bug. You are in such a stronger place to get out and laugh. A few weeks ago was a different story. I used to love spitting image - memories. 

Update.

Strong nausa  ,stomach like washing machine .(cant work out if its the withdrawal or a normal bug,yet ive never had this before)

Indigestion and heartburn that I cant remmember having since my drinking days .

Attacks of rage that have me looking for the nearest pillow .

Barely energy to walk and I cant rest because my noise sensitivity and iritation  so extreme everything thicks me off (dont have control over who comes and goes were I live )

Even in windows this doesn't go away .

So to qoute terry 4949 ,you got to wonder about permanent damage .

A spoon hiting off a cup is like a rock concert in my brain.

I totally respect and adhere to being positive but this extreme .

How can a micro taper be so horrendous .

Ive got a weird feeling lately of the healthy and symptom free me stuck in a glass box and being teased that ile just never quiet get there .

Had that feeling today of dread when I knew I couldn't walk ,geting out for a walk and away from triggers is my solace .

Ile have to think outside the box for the rest of this taper .

I must of been one of the few that couldn't care about the storm yesterday because the storm of withdrawl we all have to put up with  is so horrendous and never ending do we ever be the same again.

My dreams and nighmares are intense and my day dreaming is becoming intense also .

Thanks for the rant we all desreve so much peace .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

PB, it will go away! Take care.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Hi pb

you have gone through a lot and seen it get better, be strong it will pass. It is only a few days since you dropped a bead just try and give it time to stabilise. Thirteen weeks for me waiting and there are improvements. Glad you received no damage from the hurricane. We just got the yellow sky and the afternoon like being late at night - weird. 

Hi powerback (I like your name!)

I am so sorry you are having such strong symptoms.  Always ok to rant....if we can't rant here, where can we?  

I was reading your thread and was trying to understand your history.  Did you start tapering Effexor because you were in tolerance/poopout?  I may have to start tapering whilst in poopout and am not sure how that is done given one is already having such horrible symptoms (if in poopout).  So was curious if this was your situation as well?  Have you been able to stabilize at all?

I am really hoping you get a reprieve from your symptoms soon, pb.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi pb

you have gone through a lot and seen it get better, be strong it will pass. It is only a few days since you dropped a bead just try and give it time to stabilise. Thirteen weeks for me waiting and there are improvements. Glad you received no damage from the hurricane. We just got the yellow sky and the afternoon like being late at night - weird. 

hi scorpio thanks for your kind reply, you  messaged me recently sorry  I never acknowledged it  .you've got a kind heart .

its beyond frightening ,my family will start to get sick with worry ,its  very plain to see how bad its got ,my poor mother ,I'm enraged this has darkened her door .

I'm getting a tiny little bit of fog lifting but all its done is let me remember that long before withdrawl I had nasty symptoms that altered my personality .

more than 4 years ago I can remember two different occasions that I was nearly in serious trouble while crossing the road and getting into arguments over there driving ,one occasion I was totally in the wrong and shouldn't of been on the road .its very scary and horrible .truly tragic .

If my one purpose in life will be to warn people of these drugs so be it and I might have to accept I wont ever have a normal life ever again .I don't mean any of this as self pitiful even though that's how it looks as I write it .

something is off with my system this is far from ok on a micro taper ,probably haven't got the enzyme to break down the drug .I wonder how much that genome  test would cost .so it begs the questions do go faster with taper ,I cant do this for a year .

don't mean to direct all this at you scorpio ,I just kept going as it came into my head :D.

I hope your well you have a kind soul.

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi powerback - geez I'm sorry for your withdrawal experience - sounds really overwhelming right now! I'm with you on the weather - I love it when the outside weather conditions reflect the way I feel inside (well, at least I used to, prior to stupid ct anxiety, which makes every rain storm feel like the end is nigh!) 

You're not ranting pb, you're living through really tough stuff. Ranting is when I get upset about the lack of staff rostered at our local supermarket, which makes the queues annoyingly long and the staff stressed, so the overseas owners can increase profit... hahahaha actually, that sounds perfectly reasonable to get upset about too lol (just kidding, I'm trying for zen calm) 

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Hi pb

at the moment you have to concentrate on yourself. I am not at all experienced in the way drug reduction works but at the end of September you were feeling a whole lot better. Do you think you are tapering your beads a little too quickly. Three drops from 19 sept to  12 October is quick and maybe you are not giving time for each drop to stabilise. I know we all want to get off this poison but it takes time. We all learnt that the hard way which is why we are here. I’ve had those horrible thoughts while going through waiting for stability and it’s awful but it’s a symptom and not you. 

Keep fighting. 

1 hour ago, wantrelief said:

Hi powerback (I like your name!)

I am so sorry you are having such strong symptoms.  Always ok to rant....if we can't rant here, where can we?  

I was reading your thread and was trying to understand your history.  Did you start tapering Effexor because you were in tolerance/poopout?  I may have to start tapering whilst in poopout and am not sure how that is done given one is already having such horrible symptoms (if in poopout).  So was curious if this was your situation as well?  Have you been able to stabilize at all?

I am really hoping you get a reprieve from your symptoms soon, pb.

HI wantrelief thanks for stopping by .I finally started to take the power away from doctors when I realised they  were going to kill me ,even if it was going to be inadvertently .that's were the name came from .its very hard for my mother to watch though because she grew up in a generation that doctors are messiahs .in the age of the internet and information we all know differently .

Ive got extreme brain fog for a long time so trying to work out my past few years is hard ,but I definitely had poop out and symptom's taking the drug .my main problems started a good few months after my doctor said there be no problem going from 75mg to 37.5 [sig].you see my damage was done while I still listened to doctors .

my cognitive issues became apparent to me summer 2016 and it became worse so the mix of that and long working hours ,I snapped and my brain has been in a bad state since November really .I'm living in extreme states that I believe people should be sedated for ,its causing untold damage to my brain .

there's no real research for tapering let alone prolonged protracted withdrawal .[this site is great ] and its becoming better .

All bets are off in my case and others like it.im basically in damage control for a long time . 

if your in poop out as you think you'll either have to up dose or run the gauntlet of withdrawl .please consult the moderators about anything with meds as you know yourself .please don't let my thread let you determine your own path ,there are many variables to each persons case .I have certain life situations that mite not hamper you and vice versa .

when you start your taper ,leave no stone unturned ,prepare your life and environment as best you can ,the stupidest things can trigger me in this withdrawal .if your getting by ok stick to that and prepare your taper like a military operation and treat it like that ,sadly I was kidding myself the whole way along .

Take great care and your  screen name is a very apt one for a lot of people on this site .

respect .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

6 hours ago, Martina23 said:

PB, it will go away! Take care.

HI martina23 thanks here's hoping hey ,same to you .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.