SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Deise: Fluvoxamine caused my depression? Fear I can't recover

Deise

2 hours ago, Blondiee1915 said:

I am also tapering Luvox .  I switched to extended release last year and I count the heads now which is annoying but doable . 

Hi blondie, thank you for your response! I don't think we have extended release capsules in my country. I'll have to ask at the pharmacy, but I've never heard of it :unsure:

2 hours ago, AliG said:

Are you feeling comfortable with the liquid?  Are you going to change over gradually? Or do you feel more confident in getting the more exact dose with liquid?

I didn't try the compound liquid because they wouldn't disclose the ingredients as I asked. They said just some stuff to make it taste better and more soluble, but I would like to know what I'm ingesting.

I think my best option is the DIY liquid. Maybe I'll do it like Chessie suggested, half dose liquid and half dose pill for a week or two and then switch to liquid and get an exact dose finally!

I'm just afraid I'll do the liquid wrong :rolleyes:

I've read it many times, the instructions for making a liquid. But from what I read, the solution will have particles floating, right? Won't that change the dose if you catch more or less number of particles in the syringe?

And do I crush the pill or do I let it dissolve? Crushing might cause some powder to be lost :unsure:

2001 - 2004 (9yrs to 12 yrs old): Clomipramine (don't remember dosage).

2013: Sertraline on September but stopped after two weeks. Xanax for 3 months (late september to december). Two days of terrible withdrawal insomnia and panic but stopped.

2014 - 2015: Luvox 50mg (february 2014 to june 2015).

2015 - 2016: Luvox 25mg (june 2015 to april 2016). Started to taper in April, taking one every other day for a week, one every two days. Severe dp/dr, anxiety and panic attacks.

2016 - 2017: Reinstated Luvox 50mg in June. Started to feel very depressed and anhedonia. Thoughts of suicide that scared me.

January 2017: stared tapering Luvox.

(Gradually reducing 1/8 of the pill, 6.25mg each time (every 4 to 6 weeks) - 12% of original dose, because my taper was going well and couldn't cut pill into smaller bits)

July 2017: 25mg

(Reduced 1/8 of the pill, equivalent to 6.25mg - 12% of original dose)

August 2017: 18.75mg

October 2017: 18.75mg

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deise

• ChessieCat

• manymoretodays

• BAT

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the video?  It's post 1, I think.

It will be close enough if you shake the container and have them swirling evenly.

You can crush or dissolve ~ I would go with dissolve.

If you can get the compound liquid ~ that would be preferable but making your own is fine , too.  I understand that you're wary and want to know what's in it but short of that - at least you know the dose you're getting and can then begin to stabilize. I think that's more important, right now.

Let's know how you go and what you decide.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi Deise-- Well done on standing up to the new Pdoc, you're the one in control of your body and you want to keep it that way.

Taking a consistent and accurate dose is very important when tapering.  As you're finding out using a pill cutter is not all that accurate. I like your idea of aiming for 22.5mgai when you start on the liquid.  Making your own liquid is a bit confusing the first time out but it is really pretty easy once you get the hang of it.  There is a little trick to use when making a liquid from Luvox.  From my research I have learned that Luvox does not dissolve all that well in plain water, but it does dissolve quite well in isotonic saline, which is basically salt water.

To make it you would use 9 grams of table salt mixed into 100 grams of water. Add to this one crushed tablet and let it sit over night. If you crush the tablet carefully you won't lose enough powder to cause any problems.  Almost all of the active ingredient will be dissolved into the water and all of the fillers will settle to the bottom where you don't have to worry about them. If you keep it refrigerated the liquid should be good for a week or so. I need to know the strength of one of you tablets to figure the strength of the liquid and the dose size.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

7 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

If you crush the tablet carefully you won't lose enough powder to cause any problems.  Almost all of the active ingredient will be dissolved into the water and all of the fillers will settle to the bottom where you don't have to worry about them.

Hi brassmonkey, thank you so much for this detailed response!

My pill cutter has a compartment to crush pills, like a little mortar and pestle. Should I use it then? And then transfer everything to a little container (Should it be transparent or tinted)?

So I don't mix/shake the solution when taking it? I thought I needed to mix it so everything was even.

12 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

I need to know the strength of one of you tablets to figure the strength of the liquid and the dose size.

My tablets are 50mg. They don't make less than that with Luvox, at least in my country. The best I can cut it is in half, because it has a dent in the middle so its easy to break. More that that is not very accurate because of the previously mentioned problem :wacko:

14 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Hi Deise-- Well done on standing up to the new Pdoc, you're the one in control of your body and you want to keep it that way.

I can deal with the doctors, although it really frustrates me that they don't even care to listen.

Whats more difficult is that I don't find any help in my family. Everyone keeps pushing the meds on me and keep saying that I don't want to be treated.

I would love to be treated. I just don't want to be treated with poison, that actually doesn't treat anything at all :(

It really scares me that one day may come (hopefully not!!) where I might not be able to decide for myself and no one in my family will help me and will just give me meds. But I am tired of explaining and read evidence and get back a "you're not a doctor".

2013: Sertraline on September but stopped after two weeks. Xanax for 3 months (late september to december). Two days of terrible withdrawal insomnia and panic but stopped.

2015 - 2016: Luvox 25mg (june 2015 to april 2016). Started to taper in April, taking one every other day for a week, one every two days. Severe dp/dr, anxiety and panic attacks.

2016 - 2017: Reinstated Luvox 50mg in June. Started to feel very depressed and anhedonia. Thoughts of suicide that scared me.

(Gradually reducing 1/8 of the pill, 6.25mg each time (every 4 to 6 weeks) - 12% of original dose, because my taper was going well and couldn't cut pill into smaller bits)

I have one more question. I made some calculations and I'll take around 2 years to reach 1mg.

When I reach 1mg what should I do? Do you keep reducing every month like 0.9mg > 0.8mg > ... > 0.1mg and then stop?

Hi Desie-- I haven't run the numbers but  2 years sounds about right for getting down to 1mg.  Below that you still want to use the same process of decreasing by a percentage of your previous dose, so it is not going to be even steps of .90, .80, .70 etc. but rather .90, .82, .74 and the like. Doing even cuts will accelerate things and can cause problems while doing a percentage taper decelerates things and makes it a gentler experience.  Many people aim for a final jumping off point at around .016mgai.

I prefer to use the two spoons method to crush tablets. Put the tablet between the bowls of two spoons and grind it into a powder.  Work over a piece of waxed paper and you won't lose anything.  Only crush one tablet at a time and put it directly into the water you're mixing up for that batch.  So you will mix 50ml of water (1ml of water weighs 1 gram) with 4.5 grams of table salt and 1 crushed 50mgai tablet.  Shaking it up will help things to dissolve and then let it sit overnight.  This will give you a solution with a concentration of 1mgai per 1ml of liquid. Your target dose is 22.5mgai so you would measure out 22.5ml of your solution and take that. You don't have to shake it up because the active ingredient is all dissolved in the water and the stuff on the bottom is basically just mud. (For other people reading this who are using different medications this does not apply to you, this is for Luvox users only, other medications need to be shaken before use.)  This formula will give you enough for two days with just a touch left over, which for right now you should just throw away.  By the time you would save up enough to make an extra dose it would be starting to spoil.

Brassmonkey

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thank you so much for all of this brassmonkey!! ^_^

I think I'll start tomorrow with the liquid.

18 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

You don't have to shake it up because the active ingredient is all dissolved in the water and the stuff on the bottom is basically just mud. (For other people reading this who are using different medications this does not apply to you, this is for Luvox users only, other medications need to be shaken before use.)

How did you find out all this about Luvox? :o

Were you taking it too? (I'm ok my phone, can't see your signature)

It's great that you can give us all this information, thank you so much!!

Just two more question, it has to be distilled water right?

And should I do it in a tinted or transparent container?

Thanks so much again!

Hi Deise-- No, I took paxil for 25 years. Distilled water would work fine, but any bottled water would be fine.  You could use tap water depending on it's quality where you live.  Bottled is probably the best. A tinted container is usually best for storing medications.

The internet is an amazing place.  You find a bit of information here and a bit there and when you put everything together you can get a pretty good picture of what you're looking for.  I've been a research engineer and technical writer for many years so I've learned how to dig out the little bits of correct information and combine them together and add in some general chemistry and so on and it all becomes a useful process to make your own liquid Luvox.

The process from switching from inaccurately cut tablets to a very accurate dose of liquid is probably going to have some affects on you.  Be prepared for an upswing in symptoms for the next few weeks.  It's not anything going wrong it's just your body adjusting to the new form of the drug and a more consistent dose.  If there is an increase in symptoms it should start to stabilize and calm down in a few weeks.  Also the liquid might taste pretty terrible, you could try mixing it with some fruit juice or flavoring of some sort (don't use Grapefruit juice).

Keep us informed on how things are going.

Brassmonkey

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Deise,

Awesome on the pdoc appointment.  Thanks for letting us know.  And I hope things improve with the pressure from your Mom.........that sounds tough indeed.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2018 at 6:07 AM, brassmonkey said:

So you will mix 50ml of water (1ml of water weighs 1 gram) with 4.5 grams of table salt

Hi brassmonkey! To make my liquid, does it absolutely have to be table salt, or can I use sea salt?

Yea, sea salt would work fine.

22 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Yea, sea salt would work fine.

Thank you :)

Do you have any tips for stopping the syringe from making air bubbles? I can't seem to avoid it :(

Draw in a bit extra, point the syringe up and tap it to get all the bubbles at the tip.  then squirt out just a bit to get to the right dosage.

On 02/02/2018 at 3:11 AM, brassmonkey said:

Draw in a bit extra, point the syringe up and tap it to get all the bubbles at the tip.  then squirt out just a bit to get to the right dosage.

Thanks again. Been doing the liquid for 3 days and I notice I am more anxious. But I guess it's normal, as you warned?

Many people have a bit of a reaction when changing from tablets to liquid.  It has to be treated in the same manner you would treat doing a reduction.  Give it a few weeks and thing should settle out.

5 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Give it a few weeks and thing should settle out.

Yeah, I'll be patient. It's still bearable.

Btw, does anyone knows if this meds can cause Eustachian tube inflammation? My ears have been making crackling noises when I swallow for about two months and ENT doctor told me it was an inflammation on my eustachian tubes but he didn't know where the inflammation came from.

2 minutes ago, Deise said:

Yeah, I'll be patient. It's still bearable.

Btw, does anyone knows if this meds can cause Eustachian tube inflammation? My ears have been making crackling noises when I swallow for about two months and ENT doctor told me it was an inflammation on my eustachian tubes but he didn't know where the inflammation came from.

Did he say what to do about it?

I have been having a lot of issues with my ears.

Does your feel clogged or pressure also?

Mine crackle and pop too. 

In June 2014 I was taking Celexa for 2 days, 25 mg zoloft 8 weeks, 10 mg Paxil 3 months and 10 mg Lexapro 1 month tapered off in 2 wks.. Was on a total of 6 months had side effects to them all. Went off and had my first panic attack a month later in January 2015. In March 2015 was having stomach issues and was put on Xanax for a week Dr. Said it was anxiety. End of that week woke up heart racing so was put back on Lexapro 5 MG and the next night is when my sleep got messed up. Literally not sleeping

Was it the Xanax or lexapro?? Went off sleep on and off and taking Xanax on and off. The end of April 2015 tried Buspar for 2 days and had side effects and could not sleep at all. Middle of May 2015 went on Ambien and lexapro again. Inner vibration started. Switched to paxil. Went off Ambien in June 2015 and off Paxil July 2015. October 2015 got worse went of zoloft 12.5 mg through December 2015. I was tolerating what I was going through January and February 2016. Then March got worse with horrible panic. Tried hypnotherapy in May 2016 a couple times couldn't Relax when she started counting backwards it freaked me out. Started not sleeping again in May. Went back on Xanax for 2 months May-July 2016. Tried liquid Prozac 5 mg then 10 mg side effects July - August then switched Zoloft 12.5 mg August - September 2016. Been off antidepressants since September 5, 2016. Been off Xanax since July 28, 2016, but I have taken it 8 other times since then through May 2017. Have symptoms going on with agoraphobia. Is this withdrawal??

May 2017 feeling horrible and more intense symptoms.

2 minutes ago, BAT said:

Did he say what to do about it?

I have been having a lot of issues with my ears.

Does your feel clogged or pressure also?

Mine crackle and pop too. 

Yes mine feel clogged and I have tinnitus when laying down at night.

He prescribed a bunch of meds I'm not very keen on taking. Nimesulide (an NSAID), an antihistamine and a nasal decongestant spray composed by anticholinergic drugs :unsure:

Has your ears also been clogged for 2 months?

Are you going to take any of those medicines?

What did he do to see the tubes were swollen? Did he do anything else besides look into your ears?

In June 2014 I was taking Celexa for 2 days, 25 mg zoloft 8 weeks, 10 mg Paxil 3 months and 10 mg Lexapro 1 month tapered off in 2 wks.. Was on a total of 6 months had side effects to them all. Went off and had my first panic attack a month later in January 2015. In March 2015 was having stomach issues and was put on Xanax for a week Dr. Said it was anxiety. End of that week woke up heart racing so was put back on Lexapro 5 MG and the next night is when my sleep got messed up. Literally not sleeping

Was it the Xanax or lexapro?? Went off sleep on and off and taking Xanax on and off. The end of April 2015 tried Buspar for 2 days and had side effects and could not sleep at all. Middle of May 2015 went on Ambien and lexapro again. Inner vibration started. Switched to paxil. Went off Ambien in June 2015 and off Paxil July 2015. October 2015 got worse went of zoloft 12.5 mg through December 2015. I was tolerating what I was going through January and February 2016. Then March got worse with horrible panic. Tried hypnotherapy in May 2016 a couple times couldn't Relax when she started counting backwards it freaked me out. Started not sleeping again in May. Went back on Xanax for 2 months May-July 2016. Tried liquid Prozac 5 mg then 10 mg side effects July - August then switched Zoloft 12.5 mg August - September 2016. Been off antidepressants since September 5, 2016. Been off Xanax since July 28, 2016, but I have taken it 8 other times since then through May 2017. Have symptoms going on with agoraphobia. Is this withdrawal??

They clog and unclog but the pressure never leaves 100%.

I'm really conflicted. I'm going for a second opinion and then decide.

Be just looked into my ears, nose and throat, nothing more!

Let me know what you decide about the medicines And  and if you go for a second opinion what they say.

I have been having issues for a long time with my ears now.  A doctor has looked into them and didnt say anything. 

Yes don't worry, I'll let you know.

A friend of mine has a similar problem and it's resolving with only a antihistamine I believe. She doesn't take antidepressants though.

9 minutes ago, Deise said:

I'm really conflicted. I'm going for a second opinion and then decide.

I've had two sets of ear tubes in the last eight years! I couldn't hear anything at work and after 2 months my doctor sent me to an ENT. He tested my hearing and put tubes in that day! Such relief! I had it done again 2 years ago. Plugged ears now makes me panic. It was such a horrible experience!

I hope you get relief!

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

5 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

've had two sets of ear tubes in the last eight years! I couldn't hear anything at work and after 2 months my doctor sent me to an ENT. He tested my hearing and put tubes in that day! Such relief! I had it done again 2 years ago. Plugged ears now makes me panic. It was such a horrible experience!

I hope you get relief!

Did this happened because of taking antidepressants?

7 minutes ago, BAT said:

Did this happened because of taking antidepressants?

I'm now beginning to wonder because the first set would have been soon after I started on Zoloft. The second set was a year before I tapered off. I was going to be flying so he put them in during my appointment again. Well worth a little discomfort during the procedure!

I still have tinnitus but haven't had bad problems with clogging. Mine, they said, was a Eustachian tube problem.

I got the flu in January and they felt like they might clog up again. I tried some essential oils and the fluid cleared up. I was ready to run to my ENT again if it went on more than a week! It definitely causes me to panic!

Dalalea's Introduction

Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove

11 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

I still have tinnitus but haven't had bad problems with clogging. Mine, they said, was a Eustachian tube problem.

Isn't the tinnitus related to it? Mine started at the same time :/

I've seen that often on this site. It's very disheartening because I don't know if it will ever go away! My tinnitus used to come and go but now it's with me all the time!

Dalalea's Introduction

Hi Deise 

I will keep this brief

see my drug details

Thanks for giving it your consideration

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

On 04/02/2018 at 1:06 AM, nz11 said:

Hi Deise 

I will keep this brief

see my drug details

Thanks for giving it your consideration

nz11

Hi nz11. I'm not able to see your drug details as of now because I don't have my computer until tomorrow or Tuesday, and I can't see it on my phone :unsure:

I will definitely check it out as soon as I can!

But is it related to tinnitus and ear problems also?

• Moderator Emeritus
38 minutes ago, Deise said:

But is it related to tinnitus and ear problems also?

It about whatever you are experiencing as a result of being on, or coming off psychiatric drugs.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you ChessieCat. I will definitely check it out as soon as I can!

Also, just to let everyone know, today I felt better than yesterday anxiety wise. I hope the accurate dose with the liquid will help me get back on track now!

I bought some magnesium glycinate to start taking (is it good?) and some Epsom salt to try in baths. I'm also starting to exercise slowly this month. I'll begin with some Pilates classes!

Can you see this:

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

5 minutes ago, nz11 said:

Can you see this:

Yes I can nz11! Can we make a submission if we don't live in Scotland?

Deise it really would be awesome if you could submit something. No pressure though.

Recovering paxil addict

yes of course.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. 

Recovering paxil addict