SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Strange stomach rumbling sensations?

Jayjohnny

I'm not talking about when you're digesting food after a big meal but it sounds close to this effect. Yet, over the last 2 years I have experienced these strange sensations almost everyday. Anyone else with this??

2005: Began switching from one ssri to the next. Very little tapering time was instructed by my psychiatrist. Tried just about every drug on the market. Some two or three times. Nothing reallly helped my moderate depression and anxiety. They only made things worse most of the time!!

2014: Began experiencing severe symptoms while still taking Zoloft, oddly enough. Was forced to quit drugs altogether.

2017: A new year begins having experienced substantial improvement. Still not sure if my symptoms were severe protracted withdrawal or a severe reaction to a med, or possibly a combination of each.

• 6 years later...

Hi @Jayjohnny

A shame no one ever replied to your message, or perhaps they didn’t have this symptom! If you get this message, I do hope you are doing well. 

I was looking for this symptom in an SA search and just to confirm that recently I’ve started to experience persistent stomach rumbling/bubbling sensations unrelated to food digestion. I hope it might be perhaps a positive sign! Who knows…

best 

Kieran

Jan 2007 - Started 20 mg Prozac 
Early 2008 - 20mg paroxetine. 
2009-11 - 20 mg citalopram

2011-2015 - Prozac 20mg again.

2015 -19 -prescribed 50mg of Sertraline. 

2019 - I switched to Prozac (taken intermittently)

Aug 2022 - Stopped medication

June 2023 - reinstated sertraline.  25mg every day.
From late Aug 2023 trying to stabilise on 12.5mg daily

From Sep 30 2023 - tapered to 11mg of sertraline

From Oct 30th 2023 - tapered to 10.1mg sertraline 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy