Sheera

☼ Sheera: Lamictal and Brintellix

Elyssa143

@Sheera

Hey my sweet friend❤ so glad to have read this. It really seems like you are doing so well. I do know it may not always feel like it. But how huge is it to see you say coming out of this is huge! I do understand 100%. So it seems maybe I have turned a corner? Not a huge one but something has shifted. Im having alot more ptsd and flashbacks about it. But I definitely still have symptoms and daily but not as horrific like each month symptoms seem to have decreased a tiny bit in intensity. But of course im still scared and concerned. Scared of the feeling of life not being worth it. Scared of the si, and feeling of not wanting to live, the dread, aka and depression.  But it is alot better. I just pray it continues. I keep wondering if we actually get to a point where things are less and never go back to as awful as it once was? Love and light to you. Look forward to hearing back. 

• Like 1

Sheera

@Elyssa143 yes, you will be back there!  All of this will be a past memory. Each day your brain is healing and you will come out of this more resilient, capable, and much more sure of who you are!  Keep at it every day and try to trust that you will eventually be 100%. I’m so glad you can see the healing now. ❤️❤️

hugs—Sheera

Amira123

@Sheera Hey Sheera

Does the anhedonia go away completely during the windows?

Thanks

Amira

Sheera

@Amira123 great question!  My anhedonia has just recently started to disappear for longer moments. And I would say based on my past healing that it probably feels like it’s gone completely and there’s probably more healing to be done—yay I will probably feel even better!!

Anhedonia is so hard!  Do you have any strategies that you’re using to try to cope with it?  Especially if you’re a person who typically feels joy (or tries to) in minute things. I’ve been feeling the anhedonia lately—I can’t find a tv show to watch, I have a million books I ordered and want to read but I can’t get myself to do it. It’s just blah. It has improved SO MUCH though!  Hang in there!!

Sheera

Amira123

These are great news and it gives me hope, I wish you complete recovery, Sheera

i am 20 months off CT and i am still struggling with emotions numbness, anhedonia and DP. I am trying to do most things i used to do in the past but i can't get any pleasure out of them. 

So did it take 3.5 years for the anhedonia to disappear completely for you?

Amira

Sheera

@Amira123 I am currently at 3.5 years and I would say it is probably the symptom that I still notice the most besides my sleep

issues. So it’s not completely gone yet but it is way more manageable than it used to be.  I remember when I used to think about doing the dishes and it caused me so much stress. That level of it is gone. And I have lots of time where I don’t notice it all. It will get better and I promise it’s so worth it!  ❤️

Elyssa143

@Sheera its always so reassuring to read your responses. Im coming up om 27 months. Still struggling. Definitely less in tense. But the dread, hopelessness and feeling of not wanting to do this anymore is hard. The fear of never healing or being years out still struggling is so hard. Life has never felt not worth it for me :( and thats distressing in itself. On top of the awful Akathisia inner and the intrusive si. But even the intrusive thoughts seem to be more fleeting lately? Ive been pretty discouraged lately i see alot of suffering. I even had a lady tell me last night that this is life. The struggling is normal and this is how my life would be and i would just have to work at the thoughts and feelings and of course severly triggered me as ive pushed through so much during this and done everything I can yet i cant make the akasthsia go i cant make the dread or feeling of wanting to die go no matter how much. I try. I do what i used to love i push everyday. I was really hoping by this time id be alot better and every day wouldnt still be some level of struggle but it is better. But still not a way to live. I also get disocuraged becUae i feel pretty alone with my symptoms this far out. Most everyone i talk to has had these severe things drop off for them :(. Looking forward to hearing back. Hugs

Sheera

@Elyssa143So this lady who said this is life and said it’s a struggle really has no idea. There is life and then there’s trying to do life in withdrawal. There is no comparison. It’s like a hill compared to Mt Everest. When this is over, the real life struggles will be hard but you won’t have withdrawal symptoms on top of them nagging at your every turn. Please don’t put any stock into what people who haven’t gone through withdrawal say about it. This is all of life’s problems on crack. 😆  

As far as people having symptoms this far out, I do and there are a lot of people in the success stories who have struggled this long. There will be a window here sometime soon—you’ll see what it’s like to have some really good days strung together and it will all be worthwhile. You can and you will do this!  

Hugs—Sheera 

• Like 1