Make a phone call to save Allison Hymes

compsports

Call Dr. Barber at 540-332-8000 and demand Allison's brain aneurysm be treated as a medical condition instead of a psychiatric disorder. -- Altostrata

Hi,

I posted previously about this situation. Sorry, I am in a rush so I can't give the previous link. Anyway, she now has a brain aneurysm and is still in a psych hospital. She had a kidney transplant and is given drugs that are contraindicated.

Please contact the people listed in this link to protest.

Thanks!

http://ifyouregoingthoughhellkeepgoing.blogspot.com/

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Administrator

The other topic is here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1020-a-very-disturbing-annoucement/page__p__8874__hl__hymes__fromsearch__1#entry8874

This is a horrible development, and shows how psychiatric misdiagnosis can kill.

Gianna Kali posted about it on her blog http://bipolarblast.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/hymesurgent/ (reposted with permission):

Alison Hymes, “Psychiatric Patient” is Discovered to have a Brain Aneurysm, Psychiatrists say She Won’t be Treated for it

November 2, 2011 By kimbriel

A while back, I posted about Alison Hymes’ situation here. Unfortunately, she has fallen back into the hands of psychiatrists, specifically Western State Hospital, in Staunton, Virginia, where she has been held since August.

Alison has now been diagnosed with a brain aneurysm. All of the “psychiatric symptoms” she has been suffering are actually symptoms of this aneurysm. If an aneurysm bursts, it will cause a stroke. And all of the psychiatric drugs being given to Alison at Western State increase the risk of stroke.

To make matters worse, Alison does not have control over her medical decisions, so doctors will not discuss medical issues with her. She has, however, been told that her aneurysm will not be treated. That is fairly typical – generally, the medical needs of people with psychiatric disabilities are not addressed in psychiatric hospitals.

This matter is urgent, and this is how the psychiatrized are killed, and die 25 years earlier on average than their peers without mental illness labels as they are routinely discriminated against.

We need everyone to

• Call the Western State Hospital Administrator, Dr. Jack Barber, at 540-332-8000. That is the switchboard for Western State.
  • Ask for Jack Barber’s office. Leave a message with his secretary if he is not available.
  • Demand to know why Alison’s very real medical brain disease (the aneurysm) is not being dealt with. Tell him we are watching, and we won’t stand for this.

This action takes literally 3 minutes, and it could save a life. This could happen to you. EVERYONE is at risk.

Please circulate this freely.

I'm moving this to Taking Action, everyone please phone Dr. Barber at 540-332-8000. You might suggest legal action may occur.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Can we email? I know phone would be more effective. But I totally have a phone phobia. It's part of my agoraphobia I guess. I'll call if there's no other way though.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Can we email? I know phone would be more effective. But I totally have a phone phobia. It's part of my agoraphobia I guess. I'll call if there's no other way though.

Hi Shanti,

I just found this email address on this site, http://www.mhacv.org/Resources/Psychiatric%20Hospitals.htm

jbeghtol@wsh.state.va.us

I assume it is for the assistant since it isn't matching Dr. Barber's name.

I definitely understand the phone phobia but if all possible, please call. However, if you can't, then emailing is better than doing nothing.

As an FYI, there is an update on the situation which I will address in my response to Alto.

CS

Alto,

Thank you so much.

There is an update on the situation as apparently, the aneurysm is too small to operate. But the calls are still important because obviously, with psych meds greatly increasing the stroke risk, the drugs could cause the aneurysm to burst.

And because the treating psychiatrist feels that Allison has dementia which we all know is BS and looks that way thanks to the psych meds, she is being given aricept. Yeah, just what she needs.

CS

The other topic is here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1020-a-very-disturbing-annoucement/page__p__8874__hl__hymes__fromsearch__1#entry8874

This is a horrible development, and shows how psychiatric misdiagnosis can kill.

Gianna Kali posted about it on her blog http://bipolarblast.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/hymesurgent/ (reposted with permission):

Alison Hymes, “Psychiatric Patient” is Discovered to have a Brain Aneurysm, Psychiatrists say She Won’t be Treated for it

November 2, 2011 By kimbriel

A while back, I posted about Alison Hymes’ situation here. Unfortunately, she has fallen back into the hands of psychiatrists, specifically Western State Hospital, in Staunton, Virginia, where she has been held since August.

Alison has now been diagnosed with a brain aneurysm. All of the “psychiatric symptoms” she has been suffering are actually symptoms of this aneurysm. If an aneurysm bursts, it will cause a stroke. And all of the psychiatric drugs being given to Alison at Western State increase the risk of stroke.

To make matters worse, Alison does not have control over her medical decisions, so doctors will not discuss medical issues with her. She has, however, been told that her aneurysm will not be treated. That is fairly typical – generally, the medical needs of people with psychiatric disabilities are not addressed in psychiatric hospitals.

This matter is urgent, and this is how the psychiatrized are killed, and die 25 years earlier on average than their peers without mental illness labels as they are routinely discriminated against.

We need everyone to

• Call the Western State Hospital Administrator, Dr. Jack Barber, at 540-332-8000. That is the switchboard for Western State.
  • Ask for Jack Barber’s office. Leave a message with his secretary if he is not available.
  • Demand to know why Alison’s very real medical brain disease (the aneurysm) is not being dealt with. Tell him we are watching, and we won’t stand for this.

This action takes literally 3 minutes, and it could save a life. This could happen to you. EVERYONE is at risk.

Please circulate this freely.

I'm moving this to Taking Action, everyone please phone Dr. Barber at 540-332-8000. You might suggest legal action may occur.

Yeah, it's bad, I know. When my boyfriend calls, he knows I won't pick up the phone so he hangs up and waits about 20 minutes for me to get over the panic attack of the phone ringing to call him back. I got issues to work on! I'll try to work up the nerve to call. This is important.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I'm so proud of myself. I called and left him a very demanding message with my phone number and real name. The answering service said he's not in til Monday but I asked her to put me through anyway so I could leave a message. I told him that we're watching what's going on, it's appalling and it's spreading across the internet.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I posted this at Topix. If you go there, you can hit the Facebook button and share this information easily with your friends to help get it viral.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I posted this at Topix. If you go there, you can hit the Facebook button and share this information easily with your friends to help get it viral.

Thank you so much.

CS