SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Supermario: Withdrawing from Cymbalta.

Supermario

Hi, I'm Mario from Italy, I'm 38 years old. I stopped taking cymbalta from 15 days. I made a dosage reduction, but I think I went too fast and I'm having a lot of problems. Anxiety, crying, nervousness.
This afternoon I'll go to the doctor and I think I'll take the drug again and then try again in a bit 'of time. I think I will need your help ...
Exscuse me for my english...

Edited by scallywag
tags

September 2013 - decembre 2013 : sulamid 50mg  for 10gg, sulamid 25mg for 10gg + citalopram 15 drops with bad result

December 2013 - july 2014: sulamid 25mg + cymbalta 60mg

july 2014 - may 2015: cymbalta 60mg

june 2015 attempt to reduce the dose of cymbalta to 30mg. failed

june 2015 - january 2017: cymbalta 60mg

January 2017: Failed attempt to tapering cymbalta with terrible withdrawal symptoms.

Now I still taking 60mg of cymbalta.

In these years I have made occasional use of xanax (15/20 drops)

• Moderator Emeritus

Supermario -- Benvenuto! Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants (SA)

I'm sorry that you are experiencing anxiety, crying, and nervousness. Those are most probably symptoms of withdrawal. You can read more about symptoms in these topics:
What is withdrawal syndrome.
Glenmullen’s withdrawal symptom list.

You've probably made the correct conclusion about reducing dose too fast. Getting yourself back on a steady daily dose is a good idea. The best indicator of when you'll be ready to reduce dosage is your symptoms. Wait until they disappear or stabilize to a level you can tolerate and then wait at least 2 weeks. It may take as little as 2 weeks for your symptoms to settle down, or longer than 8 weeks. Nobody can predict how long it will take for you.

Your last dose was on Jan. 15 or 16. What was the dosage in mg?

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs.
  • You can find instructions in this topic: Please put your withdrawal history in signature
  • If you are using a phone or mobile device, you need to switch to the "full" or desktop version of the site. Instructions are in Post 9 and Post 10

When you're ready Here are some informational topics that are relevant to your situation:
Before you begin tapering -- what you need to know.
Why taper by 10% of my dosage?.
Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)
Counting beads in a capsule versus weighing.

I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Hi Mario, I'm tapering down on Cymbalta too! How are you doing today?

I've been on 60mg Cymbalta for 10 years. I attempted a slow taper 5 years ago and did not make it. This time I know more!  :wub:

Hi, 

Hello, the doctor, I decided to start again with cymbalta. I was very bad. Now the mood has improved but I have left many physical problems ... nausea, shortness of breath and disturbed sleep.

And how are you?

Sorry if I answer late but in my life I have very little free time

September 2013 - decembre 2013 : sulamid 50mg  for 10gg, sulamid 25mg for 10gg + citalopram 15 drops with bad result

January 2017: Failed attempt to tapering cymbalta with terrible withdrawal symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

Supermario, would you create a signature with your medication history that shows that you've reinstated Cymbalta?

A request: Please summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.

• Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than a paragraph.

Instructions for creating a signature in this topic: Please put your withdrawal history in signature

If you are using a phone or mobile device, you need to switch to the "full" or desktop version of the site.

Instructions for phones are in Post 9 and Post 10.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

And how are you?

I'm doing okay. My Cymbalta 60mg has 12 mini-pills. I started tapering in early December, I stayed on 11 of the 12 pills for 2 months. February 1, I started on 10/12. Feeling good.

How many mg did the doctor put you back on?

I've been on 60mg Cymbalta for 10 years. I attempted a slow taper 5 years ago and did not make it. This time I know more!  :wub:

And how are you?

I'm doing okay. My Cymbalta 60mg has 12 mini-pills. I started tapering in early December, I stayed on 11 of the 12 pills for 2 months. February 1, I started on 10/12. Feeling good.

How many mg did the doctor put you back on?

I back on with 60mg of cymbalta

• Moderator Emeritus

Your signature looks good, Supermario! Thanks for doing that.

Let us know how you are doing on the full reinstatement to 60 mg. It may take a few weeks for your symptoms to diminish. Please be patient.

scallywag's Introduction