SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Sertralinsomnia: Crash from Zoloft after 7 months

Sertralinsomnia

Thank you Derek for your feedback.

I will do an update soon here of how i am doing. But not yet. When the time comes...

Started zoloft 25 mg on October 2009. Started tapering May 2016 to june 2016, last week at 12,5 mg and quitCrashed 23 january 2017, severe headache and panic (never had this panic all my life) next morning.Tried to reinstate with prozac 5 mg a day on 25 January 2016, bad choice, got arrhytmias and stopped. Started propranolol 40 mg as needed on january23 - 28 Feb 2017 Tried zoloft reinstatement at 1mg didnt work, more akathisia and head pressure.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sertralinsomnia

• scallywag

• ChessieCat

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question if any moderator or admin can answer me.

Is there anyone here on the forum, when trying to fall asleep, and when indeed almost falls asleep, is awaken with fast heart rate?

This happens to me every time when i almost fall asleep.

Thank you.

Started zoloft 25 mg on October 2009. Started tapering May 2016 to june 2016, last week at 12,5 mg and quitCrashed 23 january 2017, severe headache and panic (never had this panic all my life) next morning.Tried to reinstate with prozac 5 mg a day on 25 January 2016, bad choice, got arrhytmias and stopped. Started propranolol 40 mg as needed on january23 - 28 Feb 2017 Tried zoloft reinstatement at 1mg didnt work, more akathisia and head pressure.

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Hi, Sertral. What drugs are you taking, at what time of day? Please update your signature.

Are you taking magnesium and taurine at night? These might help, they're calming to the heart.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello Alto,

Thank you for answering.

I had to start taking pregabalin 2x25 one week passed now and many symptoms started to be bearable, fortunately. I also started to take a low dose seroquel 12.5 mg to help induce sleep. i was 4 days on 25, then i lowered to 12.5, been this dose for 2 days. So 6 days total. Is it safe to taper this to 6.5 and then 3.25 in a couple of days?

I hope the sleep also starts to improve. Did yours improve with time? I know everyones different. But i hope mine gets better soon.

I will update the signature soon.

• Moderator Emeritus

Sertral, we'll look forward to your updated signature with the

• dates you started taking pregabalin and seroquel,
  • doses you started taking, and
  • dates and doses when you made changes.

Question: If you're getting symptom relief from only a few days of these medications, why do you want to stop them right away?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey Sertralinsomnia - 

What happened?  

How did you go from a 1 mg reinstatement to Lyrica and Seroquel, too?  Albeit at low doses - what did your doctor tell you when he gave you these scripts?

Did they help?

Have you tapered off of the Seroquel like you planned to?

Please update your signature to include these changes, and where you are now.

I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!