Bluebird2009

Bluebird2009

On 11/7/2019 at 5:50 PM, Longroadhome said:

Hi daisy 

just read this thread and I have exactly the same symptoms as you 

hives skin rash stomach problems lung pain and extreme itching

how is yours now what did you take for it and did you have the symptoms every day ?

thank you 

Hi Daisy I have the same symptoms made worse by stress and I’m off nearly 4 years, Prozac seems to leave terrible sensitivity 

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bluebird2009

• mammaP

• ChessieCat

• nz11

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluebird 

how are you doing 

notice you tapered due to tolerance same as me 

what symptoms have you had and how difficult has your journey been 

I’m never symptom free 

and lately I seem

worse than ever  with new symptoms coming at me all the time 

no changes to

my meds for 7 months so I’m wondering if it’s something to do with tolerance ? 
LRH 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

4 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

Bluebird 

how are you doing 

notice you tapered due to tolerance same as me 

what symptoms have you had and how difficult has your journey been 

I’m never symptom free 

and lately I seem

worse than ever  with new symptoms coming at me all the time 

no changes to

my meds for 7 months so I’m wondering if it’s something to do with tolerance ? 
LRH 

Hi, I had been having strange symptoms for 3 years before I realised what the problem was which probably made things worse as I was still taking the drug. But it all went wrong when I took an infection and couldn’t tolerate the antibiotics and started having bad neurological symptoms and then my Gp decided I should double the dose as that was the finish my system went into total chaos and I haven’t tolerated much orally since. I was starting to be able to take some things like probiotics etc and then they though I had leaky gut so tried an antibiotic and now I’m as bad as ever and my brain is in total overdrive and I can’t tolerate any stress. I hope with time it eases. I believe I have a degree of neurotoxicity and I hope I’m time I do recover as I can’t accept that I can’t tolerate and I have had an awful time with doctors and probably traumatised now. Very stressed brain and can’t be around people for long which is new. Multiple symptoms, hives, yellow stools, achy all over, blocked sinuses, taste loss, heightened smell, headaches, shakes and severe hormonal imbalance, sore chest, lungs, swallowing problems, major gut issues. Lots of different things and just not coping at present. Please take care

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

15 hours ago, Bluebird2009 said:

Hi, I had been having strange symptoms for 3 years before I realised what the problem was which probably made things worse as I was still taking the drug. But it all went wrong when I took an infection and couldn’t tolerate the antibiotics and started having bad neurological symptoms and then my Gp decided I should double the dose as that was the finish my system went into total chaos and I haven’t tolerated much orally since. I was starting to be able to take some things like probiotics etc and then they though I had leaky gut so tried an antibiotic and now I’m as bad as ever and my brain is in total overdrive and I can’t tolerate any stress. I hope with time it eases. I believe I have a degree of neurotoxicity and I hope I’m time I do recover as I can’t accept that I can’t tolerate and I have had an awful time with doctors and probably traumatised now. Very stressed brain and can’t be around people for long which is new. Multiple symptoms, hives, yellow stools, achy all over, blocked sinuses, taste loss, heightened smell, headaches, shakes and severe hormonal imbalance, sore chest, lungs, swallowing problems, major gut issues. Lots of different things and just not coping at present. Please take care

Hi Bluebird 

thank you for reply 

do you think you have hit a wave 

I hear people on this site talking about 3 year wave and maybe you have to ride it out and you will see more healing ? 
I have a feeling this may be what you are experiencing ? 

what are your thoughts ? 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

11 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

Hi Bluebird 

thank you for reply 

do you think you have hit a wave 

I hear people on this site talking about 3 year wave and maybe you have to ride it out and you will see more healing ? 
I have a feeling this may be what you are experiencing ? 

what are your thoughts ? 

Hi , I’m not sure what has happened as I have never felt as bad I don’t think. They are querying my adrenal function and also I am officially in menopause so it’s hard to know but the fatigue and pain is debilitating and hard to cope with. I hope it eases soon. Take care of yourself 😊

• 6 months later...

Can I ask is withdrawal the same as adrenal fatigue?

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved all your posts and the relevant responses to your Introduction topic so that your history is in one place.

withdrawal-syndrome-vs-adrenal-fatigue

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management