spokety: needing support

spokety

Does anyone know what happened to lapd, amro1991 and other people like him it's like at a certain point people just stop posting and we are left to wonder if they got better or whatever? I'd really like to know...

Can someone get me in contact with LucaDiProspero?

Edited by ChessieCat
Added request for contact from topic heading
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi spokety and welcome to SA,

Surviving Antidepressants is a peer support site for people tapering psychiatric drugs.  If you can tell us more about your own situation I am sure you can get the support you need from this site.

Firstly, please put your drug history in your signature:  Create Your Signature.  Please include details for the last 12-18 months of  all drugs, dates, doses and discontinuations & reinstatements.  If you can't remember dates, please write it as "early March" or "mid-August".  Please provide a summary of any drugs prior to that which can just be listed with start and stop years. Please include all prescription, non-prescription drugs and supplements you are currently taking. If you are using a phone please see:  Phone Instructions

To contact the members you are asking about you could try posting in their topic or sending them a PM (private message).  They may still be getting notification by email.

You can ask questions here in your Intro/Update topic and journal your progress.  Click "Follow" top right and you will be notified when someone responds.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Hello, spokety. You can find your friends via the Members tab at the top of the page.

When people are feeling better, often they stop posting here. But they may answer a personal message from you. If you hear from them, please let them know we'd like to know how they're doing, too.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Also people stop posting because there comes a time when you learn all you need to know (thanks to this wonderful support group) and then it becomes a waiting game. All you can do is wait it out!

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 32 years, given AD for this condition alone in 2000

Zoloft 100mg for 15 years, last five of these complained about adverse effects,

unable to tolerate other meds even supplements

Slowly felt sicker, advised by different Dr maybe on ads for too long

Cut back 100 - 50 over 6 months, still getting worse, so stopped over about 6 weeks starting Dec 2014

First month, slow, emotional, useless then POW! Horrendous withdrawal symptoms, completely non-functional

for about five months, slowly started to come back to life and continue with waves and windows, still more bad than good, but bads are less bad, and goods slightly better each time

• 10 months later...

Hello spokety here.  I'm a sufferer of neuroleptic (anti-psychotic) induced "anhedonia."  I don't enjoy anything anymore, I don't feel pleasure.  I don't feel happiness, sadness, excitement, anger, or any other emotions.  I've lost my libido (sex drive) completely.  I'm not able to understand movies I watch, or read books anymore.  I have horrible memory.  Food doesn't taste nearly as good anymore.  I have no energy or desire to do anything, I have lost all my physical strength and stamina, I can't laugh, can't cry, can't sing or dance anymore, and I can't enjoy music.  I'm sick of living but I'm too afraid to commit suicide.  I'm not depressed, it's not the illness and if you're thinking about commenting that please don't waste your time.  And yes I've tried more then one anti-psychotic, and it has nothing to do with that.  I'm looking for other people who have been damaged by the medication and are in a desperate state for recovery, if you have please respond.

Hi spokety,

Most of us know what damage is caused. I  also feel the same and it has taken a toll on my life.

I dont know my life anymore. 

They say it as anhedonia but never mention that the drug itself is the cause.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
27 minutes ago, bhasski said:

Hi spokety,

Most of us know what damage is caused. I  also feel the same and it has taken a toll on my life.

I dont know my life anymore. 

They say it as anhedonia but never mention that the drug itself is the cause.

What can we do to put an end to this.  I've tried everything.  Nothing has worked for me.  Every time I get medication I end up doing something crazy to get hospitalized and put on medication all over again.  It's a never ending cycle.

Hi spokety. 

I could not have described what the neuroleptics do more succinctly.  Many of us have been where you are now. Myself included. I am not at my computer so I don't know if you have listed your drug history in a signature yet. This will give the moderators anidea of how to help you out. Many including myself have recovered most if not all of these functions. Yes, you read it right. You can recover from neuroleptic induced anhedonia. 

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

10 minutes ago, Marsha said:

Hi spokety. 

I could not have described what the neuroleptics do more succinctly.  Many of us have been where you are now. Myself included. I am not at my computer so I don't know if you have listed your drug history in a signature yet. This will give the moderators anidea of how to help you out. Many including myself have recovered most if not all of these functions. Yes, you read it right. You can recover from neuroleptic induced anhedonia. 

The problem is I keep getting hospitalized because I get paranoid and then I get forced medication and I'm damaged all over again.  I don't know how to stop this reoccurring cycle.

Many of us have been hospitalized.  Myself over 5 times over the years . It's all fixable. An important factor is to stabilize your nervous system by being consistent with your doses and not switching from drug to drug. And I found that after the last hospitalization I vowed never to get myself into that position again. I found this forum and learned the above and how to carefully taper off the cocktail I was on. I wasn't easy but I did it with the help here that was and still is so generously offered. But I had to do my fair share and learn to think again, do basic math, start exercising my mind to be able to take charge of my health and welfare. In time, I was able to do more and the anhedonia, began to lift,  a snippet here and there of emotions,  music cane back,  dance, my ability to have command of my thoughts, language skills. Yes a plethora of improvements, yes even libido returned. With that said, you have taken the first step by reaching out to others who share similar histories. Start with your signature. This is a good first step. Try not to go down the rabbit hole of emotional spirals. I know this seems like a tall order,  but it can be accomplished.  Your life can be good again spokety. 

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

15 minutes ago, Marsha said:

Many of us have been hospitalized.  Myself over 5 times over the years . It's all fixable. An important factor is to stabilize your nervous system by being consistent with your doses and not switching from drug to drug. And I found that after the last hospitalization I vowed never to get myself into that position again. I found this forum and learned the above and how to carefully taper off the cocktail I was on. I wasn't easy but I did it with the help here that was and still is so generously offered. But I had to do my fair share and learn to think again, do basic math, start exercising my mind to be able to take charge of my health and welfare. In time, I was able to do more and the anhedonia, began to lift,  a snippet here and there of emotions,  music cane back,  dance, my ability to have command of my thoughts, language skills. Yes a plethora of improvements, yes even libido returned. With that said, you have taken the first step by reaching out to others who share similar histories. Start with your signature. This is a good first step. Try not to go down the rabbit hole of emotional spirals. I know this seems like a tall order,  but it can be accomplished.  Your life can be good again spokety. 

But I just finished explaining to you how anti-psychotics have damaged me and how I never want to be on them again and now your telling me I need be "consistent with my doses," that's a clear indication that your not in my position because anyone in my position would not want to ever be put on any anti-psychotic again.

Finally i have some friend in the same boat..

July 2017 - 3 shots = one of them haloperidol and only olanzapine 20mg  for 2 weeks , weight gained 

August 2017- waiting recovery from haloperidol , drug tapper 10mg ,weight gained , weak muscle

September 2017- drugs tapper 5mg weight gained , weak muscle

October 2017 - drugs free , no improvment from haldol   , weight gained , weak muscle

November 2017 - waiting haldol recovery since , weight gained , weak muscle

Spokety what do you think about doing a drug sig.

Sorry you keep getting hospitalised.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Finally i have some friend in the same boat.. i had same problem with u .. same misereable.. moreover my weight gained fast in a month and cannot drop it off

July 2017 - 3 shots = one of them haloperidol and only olanzapine 20mg  for 2 weeks , weight gained 

August 2017- waiting recovery from haloperidol , drug tapper 10mg ,weight gained , weak muscle

October 2017 - drugs free , no improvment from haldol   , weight gained , weak muscle

I also cant understand movie , shows and anything from tv and conversation anymore...even books also cant understand 

Always need to walk and need to watch phone and play laptop to sit down or lay on bed

1 hour ago, Zharul said:

Always need to walk and need to watch phone and play laptop to sit down or lay on bed

Ya man, I don't know what we can do to change this other then come together and protest the forced medication treatment of patients against their will.  I've tried everything but I keep getting paranoid and end up being hospitalized where I'm forced to take even more meds.

• Moderator Emeritus

Spokety,  I moved this thread from the Intro section to the Finding Meaning section.

Without knowing your history, we really can't offer you much guidance here. For information relating to your own drugs and recovery, please keep your Intro updated:

Spokety - needing support

It will really help mods and members to help you if you set up a signature:

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

A slow taper, learning new skills (including learning how not to "get caught" back up into the system), and how to navigate the difficult path of paranoid thinking are what it's going to take to end your cycle of going in and out of hospitals and on and off these drugs. I was drugged for 30 years, Spokety, including 30 years of antipsychotics, but am now drug free and healing nicely. 

You may find this thread helpful:

Alternatives for psychotic outbreaks

Keep in mind, it's not the psychotic outbreak that's the problem - it's how you react to it. Learning to "under-react" is key to keeping you from getting caught back in the system.

Again, please update your signature and post your information in your Intro thread about where you are on your journey to be drug free. 

8 hours ago, Shep said:

Spokety,  I moved this thread from the Intro section to the Finding Meaning section.

Without knowing your history, we really can't offer you much guidance here. For information relating to your own drugs and recovery, please keep your Intro updated:

Spokety - needing support

It will really help mods and members to help you if you set up a signature:

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

A slow taper, learning new skills (including learning how not to "get caught" back up into the system), and how to navigate the difficult path of paranoid thinking are what it's going to take to end your cycle of going in and out of hospitals and on and off these drugs. I was drugged for 30 years, Spokety, including 30 years of antipsychotics, but am now drug free and healing nicely. 

You may find this thread helpful:

Alternatives for psychotic outbreaks

Keep in mind, it's not the psychotic outbreak that's the problem - it's how you react to it. Learning to "under-react" is key to keeping you from getting caught back in the system.

Again, please update your signature and post your information in your Intro thread about where you are on your journey to be drug free. 

Why can't it stay in the intro and updates section?

• Administrator

The Intro section is for intros and updates only, not for topics of general discussion.

The purpose of psychiatric drugs is to dull feeling. From the point of view of your doctors, the drug is doing what it's supposed to do -- keeping you from behaving disruptively. For them, the side effects are worth it. For you, not so much.

Reducing your dosage to the lowest effective dose might help; you might also benefit from psychotherapy or other coaching to manage your behavior and keep you out of the hospital.

To help you minimize your dosage, we need to know what you're taking, how much, and when. Several people have asked about this, but you have not divulged this information. We understand you're despairing, but to help we need some facts.

Discussion of how to minimize your drug dosage will take place in your Introductions topic. Please follow Shep's instructions and type in a drug signature.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Administrator

Spokety, in order to help you minimize drugs and, hopefully, reduce side effects, we need to know what drugs you're taking.

Please compose a drug signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

hey spotkey, do u have any meds that works for repair understanding problems?

dude , what antipsychotic did you take?

On 12/31/2017 at 5:24 PM, Altostrata said:

The Intro section is for intros and updates only, not for topics of general discussion.

The purpose of psychiatric drugs is to dull feeling. From the point of view of your doctors, the drug is doing what it's supposed to do -- keeping you from behaving disruptively. For them, the side effects are worth it. For you, not so much.

Reducing your dosage to the lowest effective dose might help; you might also benefit from psychotherapy or other coaching to manage your behavior and keep you out of the hospital.

To help you minimize your dosage, we need to know what you're taking, how much, and when. Several people have asked about this, but you have not divulged this information. We understand you're despairing, but to help we need some facts.

Discussion of how to minimize your drug dosage will take place in your Introductions topic. Please follow Shep's instructions and type in a drug signature.

Isn't this technically and update of how I'm feeling though?

1 hour ago, Zharul said:

dude , what antipsychotic did you take?

I took Saphris, that's what did it.  But I've taken seroquel, zyprexa, abilify, risperdal, and one more which name I forgot.

18 hours ago, Zharul said:

hey spotkey, do u have any meds that works for repair understanding problems?

Nope, nothing has worked, in fact the meds make it worse for me.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/31/2017 at 5:24 PM, Altostrata said:

2 hours ago, spokety said:

Spokety, I moved these lasts few posts into your pre-existing Intro section. Please note there's only one Intro per person. The reason your thread was moved was because you had set up more than one Intro and we thought your latest posts were for a general discussion. But since you wish to use your latest posts as an update, I moved them to your current Intro thread. Please use this one thread to document your taper and recovery. 

Again, please set up a signature so that we know if you're still taking psychiatric drugs or how long you've been off them. This will help moderators give you the appropriate tapering information and it will help members give you general support. 

Edited by Shep
fixed typo

5 hours ago, spokety said:

So what you are saying is you refuse to do a drug sig then.

no moderator can help you until you do so in the meantime why not ask your doctor for help. I’m sure he will have some good ideas.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Administrator

spokety, this is a site for going off drugs, not a general mental health site.

While how you're feeling is important, we can't do much for you unless we know what drugs you're taking. Then we might be able to make suggestions about how to minimize them.

If you're not looking for ways to taper your drugs, this may not be the right site for you.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:08 AM, Altostrata said:

spokety, this is a site for going off drugs, not a general mental health site.

While how you're feeling is important, we can't do much for you unless we know what drugs you're taking. Then we might be able to make suggestions about how to minimize them.

If you're not looking for ways to taper your drugs, this may not be the right site for you.

I'm already off drugs, I stopped them a long time ago. 

On 1/2/2018 at 7:00 AM, Shep said:

Spokety, I moved these lasts few posts into your pre-existing Intro section. Please note there's only one Intro per person. The reason your thread was moved was because you had set up more than one Intro and we thought your latest posts were for a general discussion. But since you wish to use your latest posts as an update, I moved them to your current Intro thread. Please use this one thread to document your taper and recovery. 

Again, please set up a signature so that we know if you're still taking psychiatric drugs or how long you've been off them. This will help moderators give you the appropriate tapering information and it will help members give you general support. 

It could be used as an update or a general discussion post but I just didn't think it fit under the "finding meaning" section.  I've been off anti-psychotics for a couple of months.

• Administrator

The purpose of antipsychotics is to dull feeling. This can persist when you're off the drugs. Like other withdrawal symptoms, it will very gradually fade over months and possibly years.

Do you have any other post-discontinuation symptoms?

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2018 at 1:50 PM, Altostrata said:

The purpose of antipsychotics is to dull feeling. This can persist when you're off the drugs. Like other withdrawal symptoms, it will very gradually fade over months and possibly years.

Do you have any other post-discontinuation symptoms?

Yes I have many but the list is to long to explain.  Every pleasure or feeling or enjoyment is removed from my life.  It's pure torture.  Every time I get off meds I get paranoid and end up back in the hospital that's the problem.

• Administrator

That makes sense -- you're going off the drugs too fast. To minimize your drugs, you have to go slowly and carefully.

The last time you posted here was early January. What kind of information are you looking for here?

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

That makes sense -- you're going off the drugs too fast. To minimize your drugs, you have to go slowly and carefully.

The last time you posted here was early January. What kind of information are you looking for here?

I stopped the meds cold turkey two years ago and I had no paranoid thoughts for 6 months.  Even now I stopped cold turkey and it's been 3 months and I haven't been hospitalized so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

20 hours ago, spokety said:

Every pleasure or feeling or enjoyment is removed from my life.  It's pure torture. 

All can relate. I am too cold turkey ..found out this site almost 8 months off, adamant not to go back and was in  sheer shock of wdl  -- so didnt reinstate.

First why did you stop cold turkey again when you know it can cause havoc?

I am bearing the price of doctors fault andy wdl decision making. 

Everyone has 2 options here .. ct torture or taper slow process .

Sry... coulnt write coherent.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda