summerbee! anyone here from paxilprogress?

summerbee

Hi everyone! So, I'm a few years late in realizing that PP closed down. I found this forum tonight after I'd googled the name of a new supplement I want to try, then saw it might be beneficial for SSRI withdrawal, and got super curious about how PP was doing.

And I found it was dead...but, in a way, seemingly resurrected. Hi altostrata! I remember you! :)

Anyway, I withdrew from 10 mg of Paxil back in 2008-2009 and was in one of the documentaries about it. Since then, I've (unfortunately) managed to find myself on citalopram, then prozac (for, like, a minute), then zoloft. I had a baby last year and took Zoloft throughout the whole pregnancy -- 200 mg to boot. I'm not thrilled about it.

I'm not ready to withdraw at this point, but I'd love to reduce my dosage if there's new research/thinking on what might make withdrawal symptoms less severe. Now that DNA testing is a thing, I'm all into that and have done the Nutrahacker thing to see my variants and (try to) understand what they mean. I had a great p-doc who unfortunately moved out of the area...she's the one who really got me interested into analyzing my genetic data for clues to my anxiety and panic disorder. I'm sort of fascinated with the whole methylation cycle thing and am playing around with supplements to see where I land.

So! Here I am. Hi!

Edited by scallywag
tags
  • Administrator

Welcome, summerbee!

Didn't you go off Paxil with the nail file method and dipping a toothpick, at the very end?

We have many people from Paxilprogress here.

Here are Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

You're taking fish oil and magnesium? Mag can be very calming.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Summerbee and welcome to SA, (Alto has just posted as I've been typing but I'll continue anyway!)

There is lots of excellent information and support here.  And yes, there are other PPers here too.

I'll give you the links to the topics which we give new comers.  Of course some of this information you may already know.  You can can ask questions here in your Intro/Update topic and journal your progress.  Click "Follow" top right and you will be notified when someone responds.

It will be helpful if you would Create Your Signature.  Please include details for the last 12-18 months of  all drugs, dates, doses and discontinuations & reinstatements.  If you can't remember dates, please write it as "early March" or "mid-August".  Please provide a summary of any drugs prior to that which can just be listed with start and stop years. Please include all prescription, non-prescription drugs and supplements you are currently taking.  Phone Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Before you begin tapering what you need to know

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

And here is SA's topic the-importance-of-mthfr-methylation-and-b-vitamins

There are many topics on supplements here.  To search the site I use google and type in survivingantidepressants.org + topic. In this instance I typed in survivingantidepressants.org methylation

These helped me to understand SA's recommended taper of no more than 10% of the previous dose followed by about a 4 week hold to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug:

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management