gloworm: Tapered 10 mg Prozac over 6 months, Dr wants me to reinstate

gloworm

As for reinstating, I'm not sure what is best. I think the mods have said that there is a risk with reinstatement, but if you wish to try, try at a very very low dose and see how you react.

Aug-Dec 2015 Prozac 20mg / Dec 2015-Feb 2016 Prozac 15mg / Feb 2016-May2016 Prozac 20mg

May 2016-June 2016 15mg

June 2016-August 2016 10mg

October 2016-January 2017 15mg, alternating agitation/akathisia sets in --> cold turkey

January 2017 Clonazepam .5mg 

February 2017 Clonazepam 1mg (for a week) then .5mg morning and .25mg evening for about a month. Came down to .25mg morning and evening. 

May 1, 2017 Clonazepam .25mg morning and .125mg evening. // May 20, 2017 Clonazepam .25mg morning and .0625 evening (.3125 total).

early June .28125 // early mid june .25mg // mid june .21875 // late june .1875 // early july .15625 // early mid july .125 

mid july .09375mg // late july .0625 //early August 2017 down to .03125mg once a day, hopped off in mid August

reinstated at .0625mg late August // Oct 16 - updose to .07mg and switch to oral Rosemont solution

Nov 17 2017 reinstate Prozac .5mg // Nov 21 2017 prozac 1.6mg // Dec 18 2017  3mg prozac / fast taper off the reinstatement -- probably completely off early Oct 2018

June 2019 begin tapering off .07mg Clonazepam, Finish taper December 2019

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloworm

• baroquep

• Shep

• joy2730

Top Posters In This Topic

I think about the risk with re-instatement but the intense stress my body is under it too great.  My heart rate is at 130's when I stand. my sleep is toxic, foods bother me, please wish me good thoughts .....thank you to all.

3 1/2 years on 10 Mg. Prozac since 1/2013 - did a 5 - 6 month taper - off as of October 2016 -

28 years of Klonopin - 2  year Taper ....off as of November 21, 2015

You must keep your appointment tomorrow and follow the advice.  You are clearly not at all well and need to take advice from doctors who can see and talk to you in the flesh, who can observe and assess you.  Then you have to follow their advice carefully if you feel you can.

You must be feeling very anxious and alone right now.  Let us all know how it goes tomorrow.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

I don't have a appointment ....just a phone call for him to call me .......

3 1/2 years on 10 Mg. Prozac since 1/2013 - did a 5 - 6 month taper - off as of October 2016 -

Gloworm. Are you still considering reinstating a small amount of Prozac?  I know it's so hard to be calm when you're feeling really overwhelmed but if you can just stop and take a breath, then I think we can probably help you through this. I know how this can sometimes feel too much. The problem seems to be that we have offered various options but with your anxiety at a high level, the questions remain unanswered as to what you would really prefer to do at this time.

Ultimately, it's your choice and we can help guide you in whatever that decision is. 

Have you been practicing your non - drug coping skills? They are good to acquire throughout this process:  I consider them to be insurance for a drug - free future. They are certainly what I lacked when I first started down the psych drug trail ...  It helps to feel self reliant and if you can very gradually grow those skills, they will be with you for life and there will eventually be less need for doctors and drugs. At least, that's the way I like to look at it, now. :)

Anyway, please let us know about the possible reinstatement.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Alig, I don't know yet .....I want this suffering to end ....I honestly do not know what is wrong with me. 2012 I was on my low dose Klonopin and tamoxifen for breast cancer and I was NOT on Prozac.....I was getting weird paranoid depression.  Take me off Tamoxifen and ups my Klonopin (tripled my dose) ....body on fire and a internal rage (akathisia?).....found a shrink who starts me on low dose of Prozac (2 mg) and it takes all that away.  Taper off Klonopin , then the Prozac....I'm in hell.

I want to know what is wrong with me ?  Do I have permanent damage from 30 years of Klonopin ? Every other day get this terrible agitation / rage .....why does happen more every other day ?  I try visualization every single day for 9 - 10 month .....it does not work....my brain feels fried, I cant concentrate on the most basic of things.  I'm on fire right now.  What is this?  Is this too late for re-instatemnt ? IDK anything any longer.

Gloworm. I'm so very sorry that you're going through this. It's not you and it's not your fault. There is nothing at all wrong with you - it's just that , like all of us, you got caught up in the medical system. It's not one of prevention : it's one of merely suppressing symptoms with drugs.

No , I don't believe you have permanent damage : none of us believe that. I was on antidepressants for 20 years and I believe we heal. I've seen it happen and I've also experienced some form of it.

It's so very easy for our emotions to spiral out of control during W/D and some of us struggle with this more than others.

You could try a small reinstatement of 0.5 mg to start with : if it is unsuccessful and/ or you feel worse , you can always stop. About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Let us know what you think, however if you decide not to reinstate then it would be good to work on getting these non- drug coping skills active and effective , as they are the ultimate long- term answer, whilst going through it and also later, down the track.

Edited by AliG
spelling

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

BUT what if this is Klonopin and not the Prozac ?

I really can't answer that. Looking at your history, with a 2 year Klonopin taper and a more recent 5 - 6 month Prozac taper,  you might try a very small Prozac reinstatement first.

I'm so messed up ....how can my cns calm down after all this stress with my adrenals and such ? I can feel the heat in my body ....literal heat...I was googling stencils and makes me sick ....I have this really sick feeling that never leaves .....its so dark and evil

You guys have to help me decide.....my nervous system is raw .....I want this over .....how will I  ever heal being so distraught over this....left my home, cant  be alone, worrying about re-instatement ,  obsessing, all these benzo groups suggesting supplements ....food bothers me .....I'm so agitated , burning, sizzling , ask too many opinions , major depression and paranoia  I feel so forsaken by GOD.

I have both these 2 issues ....why would admins suggest re-instatement ?  I'm SUFFERING with panic terribly, this killed any self esteem I had ....I am worthless

Your present condition. If you have symptoms of hyper-reactivity, alerting (anxiety, panic, sleeplessness), you may be too sensitive for reinstatement. If you want to try it anyway, you might wish to try reinstating at a very low dosage, such as 1mg if you had been taking 20mg Celexa, for example, or other SSRIs with a standard dosage of 20mg.

• How long you've been off the drug. If you've been off the drug for many months, reinstatement is less likely to work. If you want to try it anyway, you might wish to try reinstating at a very low dosage, such as 1mg if you had been taking 20mg Celexa, for example, or other SSRIs with a standard dosage of 20mg.

You are the only one who can make this decision. We can only guide you and make suggestions. It is totally up to you. We are not pushing you to do anything. You have the option of seeing how you go and staying exactly where you are.

This is what has been previously discussed : we suggested a very low reinstatement as there is less risk of sensitivity, however no one knows for sure as everyone is individual and can react differently. It was suggested because you were struggling badly and there was not many options.

On 7/14/2017 at 9:49 PM, Shep said:

Gloworm, I would go ahead and do a 1/2 mg Prozac reinstatement. If non-drug coping skills aren't working and you feel like you are spiraling out of control, then it would be worth seeing if a tiny reinstatement helps.

If it ramps up symptoms after 4 - 7 days, you simply stop taking it.

If it helps, then you hold and stabilize and get some much needed rest. 

Let us know what you think. It's painful to read what you are writing, especially when there may be aid in a reinstatement. 

On 7/11/2017 at 11:18 AM, Altostrata said:

You might try taking 0.5mg Prozac and see what that does. Be very cautious because your body might not react to the Prozac in a way you're used to. A little can go a long way.

You'd stabilize on this small amount of Prozac for some months, then taper off by very, very tiny amounts.

Please let us know how you're doing.

On 9/4/2017 at 6:27 AM, baroquep said:

There is no reason to put yourself through unnecessary suffering and I would recommend that you consider reinstating.  Let me know if you have any questions once you've had a chance to take a look at the links below.

On 10/10/2017 at 9:01 AM, baroquep said:
On 9/6/2017 at 7:47 PM, ChessieCat said:

I agree with baroquep.  As long as you try a very tiny dose.

Quote: Baroquep

Glowworm, I am so sorry that you are having difficulty deciding whether to reinstate a very small dose to see if it might help alleviate your withdrawal symptoms.  It has been suggested that you attempt to do a reinstatement on numerous occasions since July.  There is not much else we can suggest other than to attempt a reinstatement or try and ride out the symptoms until they start to settle.  Rather than make things worse for yourself by reading about what could potentially go wrong, maybe you should focus instead on what may go right.  Reinstatement is the only known method at this time to help alleviate withdrawal syndrome.  If you visit your doctor at this stage, he is likely to put you on another antidepressant at a high dose or a benzodiazepine which is only going to make things worse.  

At this time, these are the only suggestions we have to offer and you need to decide whether you are going to attempt a reinstatement or whether you want to continue to try and ride out the symptoms.  In either case, I would encourage you to find non-drug techniques to help you manage the symptoms rather than start any new drugs

Quote: Alto

Because you have had adverse drugs reactions, we have discussed 1) reinstating a benzo at a very low dose; or 2) reinstating Prozac at a very low dose. We have explained that the reason you might try a very low dose is because if you have a bad reaction, it will be a smaller bad reaction. It is possible your system is so sensitive, a very low dose will be sufficient to take the edge off your symptoms

Best wishes,

Ali

I just need to express myself ....so thanks for listening.

As you guys know I was on low dose Klonopin for 30 years.....barely ever took my 0.5 mg more than once a day, don't drink or any other meds.  Prozac was ONLY given tome for a paradoxical reaction to the K . Ever since being of the Prozac it continues to get worse.  It seems like every OTHER day I get hit with depression that is so deep with the agitation that I cant even describe.   I don't get it....I'm not healing at all.  Could this be permanent brain damage from 30 years of use.....it could of altered brain chemistry because they say benzos increase chance of Alzheimer's to 52% if taken long term. Why wouldn't this be something from long term use.  Once the Prozac was gone I'm I hell.....literal hell.  This agitated terror / rage....Why would this be bad with rage every other day ?  Is there any logic to this ?  When I woke this morning it felt like 1,000 pounds of weight crushing me and it doesn't leave.  I'm tired of thinking about this all the time, I'm over it all.

THanks to all that read this....its like I don't even want to read any of these boards any longer ....it just feels dangerous to me...it seems I should of listened to the doctors....I am so very lost...did I ruin my adrenals now ?  

How much Prozac were u on , for how long and how did u come off of it?  I don't have answers but maybe this info will guide some of the more experienced moderators to help u. Hang on. 

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

10 Mg (liquid)  for approx. 3 1/2 years - 4 years at most ....no alcohol ever.  Came off 6 months after 1 2 year taper from Klonopin . 6 months taper ....moderators have responded before ...It feels like chemical rape ....I'm not being dramatic either...I barely can stand....

On 11/13/2017 at 7:25 PM, gloworm said:

Why would this be bad with rage every other day ?  Is there any logic to this ?

I'm not sure, and unfortunately sometimes we just can't find a logic to our suffering. I know that confusion makes things even scarier.

Gloworm, I have very similar symptoms to you. They are awful. I really relate to your wording so much sometimes. Have you thought more about reinstatement? It's a bit risky for us being off a long time and having the "hyperactivity" side of symptoms. But reinstating at a very low dose is still an option as mods have pointed out.

Aug-Dec 2015 Prozac 20mg / Dec 2015-Feb 2016 Prozac 15mg / Feb 2016-May2016 Prozac 20mg

May 2016-June 2016 15mg

October 2016-January 2017 15mg, alternating agitation/akathisia sets in --> cold turkey

February 2017 Clonazepam 1mg (for a week) then .5mg morning and .25mg evening for about a month. Came down to .25mg morning and evening. 

May 1, 2017 Clonazepam .25mg morning and .125mg evening. // May 20, 2017 Clonazepam .25mg morning and .0625 evening (.3125 total).

early June .28125 // early mid june .25mg // mid june .21875 // late june .1875 // early july .15625 // early mid july .125 

mid july .09375mg // late july .0625 //early August 2017 down to .03125mg once a day, hopped off in mid August

reinstated at .0625mg late August // Oct 16 - updose to .07mg and switch to oral Rosemont solution

Nov 17 2017 reinstate Prozac .5mg // Nov 21 2017 prozac 1.6mg // Dec 18 2017  3mg prozac / fast taper off the reinstatement -- probably completely off early Oct 2018

I seriously am considering it bheb ...... this is torment....every day I ask how did this happen to me, this doesn't happen to someone like me (I know that sounds so wrong but those are my thoughts)....and to be honest if I reinstate I will never do this again.  The agitated restlessness feels like akathisia.  I am so agitated all the time I dont recognize the person I became.  I have a hard time accepting this is WD. And then I read about past trauma and think OMG.  I have no idea what this all is.  I saw my GP 2 days ago and she almost begged me to re-instate.  I can not imagine this worse.  I am so traumatized by anything now.....no way can I ride this out for years.....this has killed any self worth I had......all I think is negative, scary thoughts. How could the same dose of Klonopin all this time I never was like this.....was I just medicated all those years living some lie?

How long can I take it and CT......what I I start and it gets worse 6 months from now...I'm beyond sad.  I asked my GP, what if it makes me worse ?....She sais we will cross that bridge when we come to it....really ?......that is such a huge risk.  I do not think this is normal anxiety, it feels like akathisia but who knows.....I want to explode with agitation / fear.  I cant take another benzo ever......Klonopin went paradoxical on me in a huge way.....

Thank you for your words ((( )))

And I think what if a have permanent damage from almost 30 years on Klonopin ? 

9 minutes ago, gloworm said:

I have a hard time accepting this is WD.

What do you mean? That you attribute it to your personality/past mental health issues?

10 minutes ago, gloworm said:

How could the same dose of Klonopin all this time I never was like this.....was I just medicated all those years living some lie?

I wonder the same thing with Prozac. I had around 13 months or so of relative normalcy if anything. And then all of the sudden the drug turns on me either due to an updose or delayed wd. It's mind boggling that such little drug changes can cause these terrible symptoms. 

11 minutes ago, gloworm said:

How long can I take it and CT......what I I start and it gets worse 6 months from now...I'm beyond sad.

I'm not sure myself. If I start on a small dose and don't feel anything, how high up do I go? What if I have delayed reactions, so I don't notice it's hurting me until later on? That's a genuine concern of mine, but it may be a risk I'm willing to take personally. In the end, it's up to you. 

I'm so sorry. I ask myself how this happened every day too. I try not to throw a pity party but sometimes all I can do is sob. Hang tight. I'm here too. Let us know if you decide to reinstate. 

May 2016-June 2016 15mg

I think its me not WD ......if I had widows I would say no but for me when I got low on Prozac and came off I would get little waves of this, now it consumes me 24 / 7.  And I don't know if this is Klonopin WD that was covered up by the Prozac or Prozac WD or worse BOTH.

When did the drug turn on you ?  Had you discontinued or updosed ?

Sorry to say I feel sorry for myself all the time......I never was like this before ....I was always a voice of reason ....

The benzo group terrified me with re-instatement ....I'm stuck, so stuck and the longer I wait the worse this gets.  I just do not believe this is all WD ...its stress which created a massive major depression I think.

Hey gloworm if your having a hard time, take actions to improve your situation. No one should live suffering 24/7 from withdrawal or whatever you think it might be. Just stressing over it won't help you. Reinstatment or whatever it is, you need to assess the situation, and act based on the facts not the emotions. Ask someone who knows you for their opinion if your not sure, but you don't sound like your having a good time. So take some steps to improve your situation not just endure it.

Stimulaton 50mg 28.11.2008 - 01.11.2011

PAXIL (Xetanor) 40mg;  30.11.2011 - 19.09.2017

Tapered : 19.09.2017 - 29.09.2017 20mg

Tapered : 30.09.2017 - 10.10.2017 5mg 

Reinstated : 03.11.2017;  5mg

14.11.2017 - 10 mg

13.12.2017 - 20mg

Krasiyan, its not that simple .....take action ? I don't want to get worse ....Ive asked too many opinions so I'm stuck.  Doctors tell me I have a anxiety and major depression problem.  I don't know who to believe and this and others are anti drug sites.  I can never go back on a benzo as they went paradoxical on me.  I am basing everything on emotion as this is the nature of the illness or whatever this is. 

How are you doing today gloworm?

I know how hard it is to decide who to believe. There are so many overwhelming voices on the internet, and sometimes really hasty and dangerous anti-drug generalizations. But hopefully you've received more temperate and logical advice here. 

It may help if you veer away from the idea that you have to commit to one "side." It doesn't have to be outside research/peer support vs. your doctor, necessarily. For example, your doctor could be right that you struggled with anxiety before drugs, but information on this site may lead you to believe that you also have drug-induced anxiety/other issues. It may be a combination. I can't say what the case is for you...but for me, I certainly had anxiety beforehand. Bad. But I can recognize my current condition as distinct from pre-drug times. Feels very different for me.

Anyway, I hope you're able to relax somewhat this thanksgiving. 

May 2016-June 2016 15mg

Thank You beheb ....I have no idea what to do still....my nervous system is raw....I kept busy all day yesterday trying to help my sister, didn't help...the rage is off the charts....I'm trapped in my body.  I think this is what is meant by Akathesia ...idk.... I just keep getting worse..... No one can live like this ...no one ....humanly impossible ....I hope you all a tolerable day.

• 6 months later...

hi...haven't posted in a while ...not doing so well...have POTS type issues along with PVC type issues as well (have a heart monitor on as we i speak for 1 month) ...i dont want to do this anymore.  I have had panic disorder w/agoraphobia for 30+ years, was told it was from the Klonopin, well ive been off 29 months of Klonopin and off Prozac 10 mg 19 months.  The 3 1/2 years i was on Prozac was the best i ever felt.  Can I go back on ?  This isn't living .....i barley exist and wont be alone cause of these heart issues.  I got the heart issues when I came off the Prozac and never had issues before that.  My B12 is still low at 318 with homocysteine levels rising .....i was going to maybe try the injection but have read it can make some anxious.  Very bad living with my sister, been just wearing the same 4 t-shirts and 2 leggings ....cant do this.  No home to live in because I cant afford much and cant be alone.  Scared of the Akathesia which is total torment.  Toxic sleep still a major issue, fatigue that has no words but really wired at the same time.  Any thoughts here ? 

can I re-instate ?  Im suffering too bad, POTS, PVC's , RAGE....PLEASE answer me ...I was in Klonopin 30 years ..im getting worse 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gloworm,

What are you taking now? 

Did you do any of the reinstatements suggested above by Alto or Shep?

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• 2 weeks later...

Do anti depressants Kindle ?  Wondering about going back on 

Skyblue , Im SORRY I thought I answered you ….NO not on anything as I was too frightened to go back on but I have a feeling that most of this Is from the Klonopin WD ...Prozac covered it all up because people suffer horribly coming off and I didnt, my taper went pretty well until off Prozac.

I'M thinking I have extreme anxiety from the 30 years on benzos at a pretty low dose, this anxiety will not let up and my heart races and skips.  I gotta do something , when I say I have ZERO quality of life, I mean zero …….that woozy floaty feeling in my head that I had before Prozac …...Its like the feeling you would have if someone told you the worst news in your life …..feels like I will faint from this panic type feeling ….is there any HOPE to go back on the Prozac ?  When I was put on it, it worked at 2 mg …...but my nerves are shot and Im in a really bad living arrangement because I cant be alone from the panic.

Why doesn't anyone answer on here ?

• Administrator

You have 214 responses in this topic.

What is your daily symptom pattern? Are you taking any other drugs? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

Have you tried fish oil and magnesium? See
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator
On 6/7/2018 at 2:22 PM, gloworm said:

can I re-instate ?  Im suffering too bad, POTS, PVC's , RAGE....PLEASE answer me ...I was in Klonopin 30 years ..im getting worse 

From last year:

On 7/13/2017 at 12:14 PM, Shep said:

You may find some things to help with non-drug techniques:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

I would encourage you to check out the links for mindfulness and acceptance. What you're feeling is extremely uncomfortable, but it's not something that can hurt you. Knowing this is powerful.

Yes, what powerback wrote is a VERY effective technique - witness your thoughts. This is a great mindfulness technique I learned from Mooji, who is a mindfulness teacher. He says, "Your thoughts are like visitors, but you are NOT a hotel. Don't let them in." In other words, don't engage in your thoughts, but simply let them pass. When you engage in them and dwell on them, you give them power. By stepping back and letting them pass - perhaps with a bit of detached curiosity - you don't take on their drama. 

This is a "chemical" depression and a "chemical" anxiety coming from withdrawal. In time, it will fade out. For now, it's best to find ways of distracting - going for a walk, watching a favorite tv show (even if it's hard to concentrate), working a jigsaw puzzle, playing some soft music, etc. 

What do you think about a small 1/2 mg Prozac reinstatement?

On 10/30/2017 at 2:03 PM, Altostrata said:

gloworm, if you read through your Intro topic, you will see the staff has repeatedly and consistently told you that you probably have a combination of benzodiazepine and Prozac withdrawal syndrome. We have many people here with similar symptoms. They are all in great distress.

We have also told you many times to stay calm as you can, because your own worry and anxiety will add to your symptoms and make them worse.

Because you have had adverse drugs reactions, we have discussed 1) reinstating a benzo at a very low dose; or 2) reinstating Prozac at a very low dose. We have explained that the reason you might try a very low dose is because if you have a bad reaction, it will be a smaller bad reaction. It is possible your system is so sensitive, a very low dose will be sufficient to take the edge off your symptoms.

You have rejected all of these suggestions, yet you still are asking for solutions. We can't tell you what will fix you right away. We don't know. Nobody knows.

As an online peer support group, there's only so much we can do. We've done the best we can. Please review this topic again, keep as calm as possible, and make your own decisions.

You are in such a state, I strongly advise you to find someone near you to talk to frequently about your fears. Perhaps a mental health professional can coach you in stress-reduction techniques.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I was really hoping that the symptoms would go away but they never did and I'm a emotional mess, I cant leave my home , agitated restless anxiety (Aka), reason why I never reinstated is because I waited too long and I am told the further out the less likely to work.  I had to leave my home and the stress of all this is getting the best if me.  I dont know what is from what ?  Functional Doctor wants to get my cortisol / saliva test done and couldn't understand why the GP wouldn't put me on Clonodine for all this adrenaline .  My eye balls literally feel numb from stress for 20 straight months of this.  I just dont know if this is me without medication ….hard to redo 30+ years of my life ….I lost almost everything . I cant be alone ….how does anyone heal from this when life itself is stressful.  This just not seem normal …...I have a sick 86 year old father that I cant attend to because I cant even care for myself .