SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Please sign for an independent inquiry into benzodiazepines.

Vanora

When I was on here last I was struggling to come off diazepam after a brutal and protracted withdrawal from Effexor, that was back in 2013. As of November 5th of that same year I have been psych drug free after over 30 years of taking antidepressants. I strongly suspect that my healing has been undermined not only by my length of time on antidepressants but also by additional psychiatric drugs and benzodiazepines in particular. People such as myself are calling on the UK government via petition to launch an independent inquiry into benzodiazepine use, we have known of the problems around dependence and withdrawal at least since the 1960s and yet people are still having their health damaged by this class of drugs. Anyone from anywhere in the world is welcome to sign, we already have the signature of Prof Malcolm Lader, a renowned expert on benzodiazepines and the BMA is taking a close interest in the progress of this petition. Please sign if you have been harmed by benzodiazepines or if you know of anyone who has. Every signature will count. Thank you.

https://www.change.org/p/health-select-committee-an-independent-inquiry-into-benzodiazepines

1979 put on Clomipramine.
Failed attempt to withdraw from Clomipramine started on Seroxat 1992.
1997 Effexor replaces Seroxat after failed withdrawal.
2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.
Anxiety at times very severe. 19th May take my first half of a 5mg Lamictal.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.

• 3 weeks later...

The petition has now reached over 1,000 and counting. Thank you so much if you have already added your signature.  What happens in the UK could influence government actions elsewhere in the world. If you haven't added your name yet please sign and friends and family are welcome too. The more the better. Remember, you don't have to be from the UK. Thank you once again.     

1979 put on Clomipramine.
Failed attempt to withdraw from Clomipramine started on Seroxat 1992.
1997 Effexor replaces Seroxat after failed withdrawal.
2011 fail to withdraw from Effexor despite combined use of Prozac and Seroquel. Started on Cymbalta.
Anxiety not resolved by Cymbalta so taper off by 28th March 2012. Left on 10mg Buspirone and 1 quarter of 5mg Diazepam.
Anxiety at times very severe. 19th May take my first half of a 5mg Lamictal.

As of 5/11/2013, off all psychiatric drugs. Doing better but hope for more healing yet.