Jump to content
Aeroman

Aeroman Haven't Logged in for awhile - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

Recommended Posts

Aeroman
On 7/4/2018 at 9:33 PM, Wassimlapino said:

How long it took for u aeroman to feel whole again? 3-4 years?

yes, between year 3 and 4.  Which was 2012 for me.  I quit Lexapro in Feb 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
On 7/5/2018 at 6:31 AM, Bobo32 said:

Aero HAve you stopped caffeine completely or are you taking it again after recovery?

 

I feel caffeine affects me alot and I also have exteme sweating without apparent reason Did you have that as well?

 

Thank you

I had quit any type of caffeine during w/d.  I started drinking it again about a year after recovery and I am all good now.  Everything normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fightinglikehell42478
Posted (edited)

MOD NOTE:  FLH has now created an Intro topic.

 

Hi Aeroman!

I was inspired to join from reading  your posts about your recovery journey, and am looking for hope in these desperate times of esciltopram withdrawals.  I was on this med for 7 mths...most of which was a nightmare, before deciding that it was imperative to taper myself off.  I ended up in a rehab facility for the past two months to try and recover in a safe environment.  I am a wife amd mom to two beautiful boys, and desperately want to get home to them, but my recovery is not going so well.  At the end of my time on the lex., I developed terrible dizzyness that has persisted since March, through my entire taper, and still has not subsided.  I am suffering from a whole host of other side effects and need some encouragement that I can push through and heal.  How do I manage to go home and fight through all of my own pain and still be a good wife and mother?  Did holistic approches help you at all?  Feeling hopeless and desperate.:/

 

Thank you.

 

Edited by ChessieCat
mod note

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wassimlapino
19 hours ago, Aeroman said:

yes, between year 3 and 4.  Which was 2012 for me.  I quit Lexapro in Feb 2008.

Cant wait till it ends! Im 2 years off now, aeroman plz can u  describe how it feels when recovered?! Are the same person as before? One thing i need to know had u a red color inside ur eyes when in withdrawl ? And are ur emotions fully recovered? Are u able to laugh ? Cry? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Aeroman I think I read in one of your post that you had a bad wave around a year? I am 13 months out and a BIG wave has hit me. I have symptoms back that have been gone for several months. I am trying to maintain my normal, daily routine, but having to ease up quite a bit on my workouts while still getting them in. This wave is really a tough one. I am keeping in mind that it is part of the healing process and, it is what it is. I cant change it. I have to accept it and wait it out. It is re-assuring, though to hear from others who have recovered. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated. God Bless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tootsieroll

Aeroman, I’ve been in this state of fear for so long (almost 4.5 yrs) that I don’t know how to get out of it.  If something changes in my life it is as if I automatically become fearful.  If I feel uncomfortable just sitting here, it’s the emotion fear I resort to.  Any suggestions how to get over this?  Does time heal this too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
3 hours ago, Tootsieroll said:

Aeroman, I’ve been in this state of fear for so long (almost 4.5 yrs) that I don’t know how to get out of it.  If something changes in my life it is as if I automatically become fearful.  If I feel uncomfortable just sitting here, it’s the emotion fear I resort to.  Any suggestions how to get over this?  Does time heal this too?

What's symptoms are you still experiencing how long were you on meds for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tootsieroll
1 hour ago, Liamb123456 said:

What's symptoms are you still experiencing how long were you on meds for 

I still experience anxiety and dp/dr under stressful situations.  Ones I cannot bear are agoraphobia and monophobia.  All the other symptoms are little tolerable ones I deal with daily like floaters, frequent urination, insomnia, intrusive thoughts, ocd, neurosis, slow critical thinking, yeast/gut issues, cortisol wasting muscles, hormone issues..the list goes on.  All still there but to a lesser degree.  The monophobia would have to be the worst.  I don’t feel comfortable alone or without my safe person.  I use to be so carefree and independent.  Now i’m not sure what independence feels like.  I dont know what to do with myself.  Not like I can do much anyways when my chest is tight and the world starts to look like a fishbowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
57 minutes ago, Tootsieroll said:

I still experience anxiety and dp/dr under stressful situations.  Ones I cannot bear are agoraphobia and monophobia.  All the other symptoms are little tolerable ones I deal with daily like floaters, frequent urination, insomnia, intrusive thoughts, ocd, neurosis, slow critical thinking, yeast/gut issues, cortisol wasting muscles, hormone issues..the list goes on.  All still there but to a lesser degree.  The monophobia would have to be the worst.  I don’t feel comfortable alone or without my safe person.  I use to be so carefree and independent.  Now i’m not sure what independence feels like.  I dont know what to do with myself.  Not like I can do much anyways when my chest is tight and the world starts to look like a fishbowl.

Wow so many symptoms even after 4.5 years I'm sure you will heal give more time my friend as you said things have got better slightly how long were you on meds for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tootsieroll

Thank you Liamb.  To me it seems imperceptible from my point of view because I am still being hammered with the symptoms daily.  Oh yes I forgot to answer that.  Did I mention I also still have memory issues lol.  I was on meds for almost 10 years and then took 2 years to taper off.  But it was the 2 months use of benzos at the end of my taper that really broke the camels back.  If I could go back in time and redo anything, it would be to never have put a stinkin benzo in my mouth.  Maybe my healing would have been easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
18 hours ago, mirage said:

@Aeroman I think I read in one of your post that you had a bad wave around a year? I am 13 months out and a BIG wave has hit me. I have symptoms back that have been gone for several months. I am trying to maintain my normal, daily routine, but having to ease up quite a bit on my workouts while still getting them in. This wave is really a tough one. I am keeping in mind that it is part of the healing process and, it is what it is. I cant change it. I have to accept it and wait it out. It is re-assuring, though to hear from others who have recovered. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated. God Bless.

Mirage I'm 11 months off just im still getting bouts off not sleeping well  like insomnia did you sleep bad at out that time that time do you still get were you can't sleep 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Liamb123456 I had a small couple of weeks of better sleep, around the 10 month mark. However, after that, it got bad again. I have nights that I can fall asleep but then get waken around 4am by the cortisol spike.

 

June was 1 year for me and I started getting about 4 to 5 hours a night, still waking really early. The past 3 nights, I have gotten about 7 or 8 hours and I have been able to fall asleep pretty quickly. I am at 13 months in this journey. I do take 1, 500mcg of melatonin at night. It is a very, very small amount and I found that if I take any more than that, it has the opposite effect. Also, I have to take it about an hour before I go to bed. I am a slow metabolizer and it takes a while for my body to absorb it. I get it at Trader Joes. Do you have one there? I do take it every night. From what I have learned on this sight, its non addictive. You may want to give it a try. 

 

My worse symptom is dizziness and I can't seem to shake that one. I have a feeling the worse symptoms are the last to go. But i'm pushing through. 

 

Stay strong and my prayers are with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
On 7/7/2018 at 9:46 AM, Wassimlapino said:

Cant wait till it ends! Im 2 years off now, aeroman plz can u  describe how it feels when recovered?! Are the same person as before? One thing i need to know had u a red color inside ur eyes when in withdrawl ? And are ur emotions fully recovered? Are u able to laugh ? Cry? 

How does it feel?  it feels AMAZING!!!!  W/D becomes nothing but a memory.  You move on and being talking to your friends and family more.  I become funnier - telling more jokes.  I had floaters emerge while in w/d and I still have them but they dont bother me anymore.  I just got used to them.  Yes, emotions are normal.  Yes, I am able to laugh and a lot.  I cry normally as any normal/regular person does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
On 7/6/2018 at 3:26 PM, Fightinglikehell42478 said:

MOD NOTE:  FLH has now created an Intro topic.

 

Hi Aeroman!

I was inspired to join from reading  your posts about your recovery journey, and am looking for hope in these desperate times of esciltopram withdrawals.  I was on this med for 7 mths...most of which was a nightmare, before deciding that it was imperative to taper myself off.  I ended up in a rehab facility for the past two months to try and recover in a safe environment.  I am a wife amd mom to two beautiful boys, and desperately want to get home to them, but my recovery is not going so well.  At the end of my time on the lex., I developed terrible dizzyness that has persisted since March, through my entire taper, and still has not subsided.  I am suffering from a whole host of other side effects and need some encouragement that I can push through and heal.  How do I manage to go home and fight through all of my own pain and still be a good wife and mother?  Did holistic approches help you at all?  Feeling hopeless and desperate.:/

 

Thank you.

 

Hello.  I tried holistic and it didn't help me.  I tried it all.  But I am not saying none of this may not help you.  It just didnt help me.  I felt hopeless and desperate too.  I lived on the SSRI w/d forums and that helped pass time.  Some of the stories scared but but many of them encouraged me...and even more so, many threads validated that I wasn't alone.  What I did was rent a lot of movies and just kept my mind busy/occupied.  I did whatever it took to keep my mind busy to pass time.  TIME was my answer and yours as well, I am sure of it.  In the meantime, feel free to reach out to me.  Hang in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
On 7/7/2018 at 4:51 PM, Tootsieroll said:

Aeroman, I’ve been in this state of fear for so long (almost 4.5 yrs) that I don’t know how to get out of it.  If something changes in my life it is as if I automatically become fearful.  If I feel uncomfortable just sitting here, it’s the emotion fear I resort to.  Any suggestions how to get over this?  Does time heal this too?

I HIGHLY suggest reading the books from Dr Claire Weekes.  The one titled Hope and Help with your Nerves is my favorite and it spells out how to deal with things you are describing.  Fear included.  Yes, time definitely helps but so does the Claire Weekes method

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman

I averaged about 30 min of sleep for 5 to 6 months.  I learned that lack of sleep wasn't going to kill me despite the unpleasantness of it.

 

TIME was my cure (along with my belief in God).  There was nothing I could do to shorten the length of time for w/d.  I had to accept and let time pass.

 

I too got very dizzy and it was related to SSRI w/d.  That went away as well and it will for you too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LexAnger

Just want to say thanks to you and sending hugs! 

 

You are God sent to all of us, aeroman! 

 

Best wishes,

Lex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elyssa143

@Aeroman im so glad to see your doing well. I went through benzo withdrawl 9 years ago, I actually chalked it up to post partum this whole time until now as Im going through antidepressant withdrawl from zoloft right now. After my benzos 9 years ago i went on zoloft for 8 months and got off fine. 3 years later I had a panic attack and went back on low dose 25mg for 14 months and had so many adverse reactions, I had no idea antidepressants could cause withdrawl :(. In march of this year I tapered according to my pysch over 2 weeks I actually added a week. Immediately I got suicidal ideations and got scared, found the zoloft group on fb and reinstated at 12.5mg for 3 weeks that made me worse, I ended up having to go in patient they upped my zoloft to 50 and added buspar, that made me 100x worse I had internal Akathisia and homicidal thoughts and went back 6 days later, the ct me and put me on zyprexa for sleep. I was on 5mg for 10 days and my pysch switched me to lamictal for 2 weeks and I got the life threatening rash and had to go back on the zyprexa for 10 days and I tapered over 5 weeks. Im now 3.5months free of zolofr and 3 weeks free of zyprexa. Its been absolute hell. The worst now is the intrusive horrible thoughts the suicidal ideations and the soul crushing depression. Its so hard to make it through the day. I try to distract and thats hard too, but i do have some days where things arent as crushing. Did you have these symptoms too? It does get better yes? Ive done a bunch of testing too im on natural thyroid now as well and eating really well. No more meds either. I will heal right? Your such an inspiration. This depression is just very scary. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
On 7/13/2018 at 11:48 PM, Aeroman said:

I averaged about 30 min of sleep for 5 to 6 months.  I learned that lack of sleep wasn't going to kill me despite the unpleasantness of it.

 

TIME was my cure (along with my belief in God).  There was nothing I could do to shorten the length of time for w/d.  I had to accept and let time pass.

 

I too got very dizzy and it was related to SSRI w/d.  That went away as well and it will for you too

Defo man did you go through insomnia I'm 11 months out cold turkey I'm still getting it did you get it that far out.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RusTW

Aeroman -need to chat with ya.I'm in the same mess you were in.Cipro -bad reaction-Ativan Ct- zoloft 125 mg fast taper to 50mg -CTSeroquel 2-300mg Reinstated 100mg after 3 weeks of CT-now at 50mg two months out from the CT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
8 hours ago, RusTW said:

Aeroman -need to chat with ya.I'm in the same mess you were in.Cipro -bad reaction-Ativan Ct- zoloft 125 mg fast taper to 50mg -CTSeroquel 2-300mg Reinstated 100mg after 3 weeks of CT-now at 50mg two months out from the CT

What symptoms are you getting? Cipro was horrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
On 7/21/2018 at 9:57 PM, Liamb123456 said:

Defo man did you go through insomnia I'm 11 months out cold turkey I'm still getting it did you get it that far out.. 

Yes, I had insomnia from Month 4 to Month 13th if I recall. It went away on its own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RusTW
17 hours ago, Aeroman said:

What symptoms are you getting? Cipro was horrid

Hi Aeroman ☺️First of all good job on your recovery and thanks for returning-Last year I took Cipro 1000 mg a day for a month for a suspected urinary infection.It broke my body down for months.crazy thinking anxiety candida infection .I am in w/d now for about 2 months  nausea anxiety fog dizzy it changes.I was on seroquel300mg -zoloft125mg and cold turkey and fast tapered .Still tapering 50mg of each.im getting windows though.im curious about the cipro s role in my w/d.how did cipro affect you and yor w/d.                                                             Appreciate ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wassimlapino

Hey arroman 🤙

Just wanna ask u few things! Have u experienced the waves/windows pattern? I feel like every 10 days im being hit by a severe worsening of symptoms where my brain feels numb , insecure and weird..lately the waves are being harder and scary..one thing i want to make sure of, had u noise sensitivity? And have it got improved by time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluepm

what chapters  did like the most  out of DR. Weeks  book and what help you most  after reading here book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
On 8/10/2018 at 4:00 PM, Wassimlapino said:

Hey arroman 🤙

Just wanna ask u few things! Have u experienced the waves/windows pattern? I feel like every 10 days im being hit by a severe worsening of symptoms where my brain feels numb , insecure and weird..lately the waves are being harder and scary..one thing i want to make sure of, had u noise sensitivity? And have it got improved by time?

Did you cold turkey off meds and if you did  how long you off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wassimlapino
On 8/11/2018 at 6:43 PM, Liamb123456 said:

Did you cold turkey off meds and if you did  how long you off

Yeah i did mainly antipsychotics ct, been 2 years out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
On 8/14/2018 at 4:49 AM, Wassimlapino said:

Yeah i did mainly antipsychotics ct, been 2 years out

Is it getting better at 2 years out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.