Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman I have another question for you. In your situation, how did those blue skies start to open? What did you notice happening? Did your symptoms gradually lighten over time? I know you said you had the anhedonia for quite some time so how did you get to the place of, your excitement to spend time with your loved ones and your hobbies??? Was this a gradual return to where you said you, "pick up where you lift off in your life???" Thanks, Jamie.

It was very gradual. I started getting comments from my loved ones that I was cracking up jokes more. They relied I was smiling more often. As for me, the #1 clue that I had that was in recovery mode was that I was spending more time reading forums on cars and model airplanes than spending hours on the SSRI forums! It just became automatic. I also was noticing and "experiencing" nice aromas, colors were more vibrant. I felt I was wearing a new set of glasses looking through clearer lens, and not existing in a glass sphere.

Happiness for me was coming in in tiny moments of joy...coffee smelled good, wife was looking very beautiful in this new color, a program on TV was very interesting, you name it. I than began reaching out to my old friends and made new ones, telling them I was on a mental vacation and I'm done. I said my number was called while I was in the waiting room. It felt great. I felt alive. Sleep was back to normal. Bedroom activities with my wife went from 0 to Bam!

I'm a new person.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

I have been reading this thread everyday since you are back Aeroman giving hopes to all of us! Thank you!!

One more question. Except for Cipro which is a huge NO, we're you able to take other meds after your full recovery such as pain killer, cold meds etc. if you ever had a need?

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• Moderator Emeritus

I have been reading this thread everyday since you are back Aeroman giving hopes to all of us! Thank you!!

One more question. Except for Cipro which is a huge NO, we're you able to take other meds after your full recovery such as pain killer, cold meds etc. if you ever had a need?

Lex

you're welcome! I haven't had to take pain Meds or Meds all together for awhile so I can't say. After Cipro, I'm very OCD on reading the side effects. If I read anything psychiatric, I stay away! I've taken Adil, Aleve, and Tylenol and its been OK. I haven't taken Norco since Dec 2014, days before I experienced a very bad panic attack which I attributed to Cipro. Could it have been Norco? Who knows...I just experienced a horrible weird panic attack where I couldn't get my own thoughts in due to the racing thoughts.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Aeroman, thank you so much for your answer. It is helpful, very helpful!!! " it just became automatic." That is refreshing to know because when we aren't feeling all of our old self, I know I just think, " Am I ever going to get myself, my joy back?" Cannot be forced at all!!! Thank you so much!!!

Thanks again so very much for your kindest help sharing your experience!

I'm happy to hear that you were able to take the common meds for pain, cold etc, without problems. This gives me hope that the ssri damaged CNS can eventually stabilize at a reasonable level. We definitely need to be extremely cautious about any meds that may interfare with CNS for rest of our lives.

Have a great evening!

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

hi aero,

i read you experiencend AKATHISIAand inner restelness; i experienced the same during my zyprexa Ct it slowly subsided along with agoraphobia and panick attacks but now 2 months off all medications i feel much better although i still experience residual inner restlesness and agitation. I dont know if i should attribute this to the zyprexa still or to the SSRIs i used throughout last year.. Anyway i wanted to ask you aero, how far in withdrawal did you start feeling better with INNER RESTLESNESS? also ANHEDONIA which i experience as well to some extent; how long did it take for you to finally kick it?

Thank you

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax

Med free since Feb 28th 2017

Mostly experiencing PSSD

Hi Aeroman-- I noticed a change under your avatar.  Congratulations on becoming a moderator.  It will be an excellent fit. Welcome to the team.

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks again so very much for your kindest help sharing your experience!

I'm happy to hear that you were able to take the common meds for pain, cold etc, without problems. This gives me hope that the ssri damaged CNS can eventually stabilize at a reasonable level. We definitely need to be extremely cautious about any meds that may interfare with CNS for rest of our lives.

Have a great evening!

Lex

Thanks, you too :)

• Moderator Emeritus

hi aero, i read you experiencend AKATHISIAand inner restelness; i experienced the same during my zyprexa Ct it slowly subsided along with agoraphobia and panick attacks but now 2 months off all medications i feel much better although i still experience residual inner restlesness and agitation. I dont know if i should attribute this to the zyprexa still or to the SSRIs i used throughout last year.. Anyway i wanted to ask you aero, how far in withdrawal did you start feeling better with INNER RESTLESNESS? also ANHEDONIA which i experience as well to some extent; how long did it take for you to finally kick it? Thank you

Hi Bobo, I stopped trying to figure out the root cause of my issues because it led me no where.  The restlessness got better after 12 months and the anhedonia was around 3-4 year mark.  It's a rough guess but it was the last symptom to go away.  Hang in there.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aeroman-- I noticed a change under your avatar.  Congratulations on becoming a moderator.  It will be an excellent fit. Welcome to the team.

Brass

Thanks a bunch!  

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman, thank you so much for your answer. It is helpful, very helpful!!! " it just became automatic." That is refreshing to know because when we aren't feeling all of our old self, I know I just think, " Am I ever going to get myself, my joy back?" Cannot be forced at all!!! Thank you so much!!!

you're welcome.  I try to describe the best I can.

hi aero, i read you experiencend AKATHISIAand inner restelness; i experienced the same during my zyprexa Ct it slowly subsided along with agoraphobia and panick attacks but now 2 months off all medications i feel much better although i still experience residual inner restlesness and agitation. I dont know if i should attribute this to the zyprexa still or to the SSRIs i used throughout last year.. Anyway i wanted to ask you aero, how far in withdrawal did you start feeling better with INNER RESTLESNESS? also ANHEDONIA which i experience as well to some extent; how long did it take for you to finally kick it? Thank you

Hi Bobo, I stopped trying to figure out the root cause of my issues because it led me no where. The restlessness got better after 12 months and the anhedonia was around 3-4 year mark. It's a rough guess but it was the last symptom to go away. Hang in there.
Thanks!

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax

Med free since Feb 28th 2017

Mostly experiencing PSSD

I was on Lexapro 2.5 mg then 5 mg for 6 years. It took me 2 years to wean off. I also had a horrible experience with Cipro! Please, can anyone tell me what experiences they had with Cipro? I was given it for any upper respiratory infection I had very freely, even for a dental cleaning. One day I went into anaphylaxis and nearly died. This was back in 2003. My doctor said that Cipro can make your joints explode. I have trouble with all of my joints now. I had no idea there were psychological effects from taking Cipro.

Your help will be appreciated! Please move this post to the right place if needed.

Kestrel

Yes, Cipro crosses the blood brain barrier and causes all sorts of neurological issues. Mine was auditory hallucinations, Insomnia, anxiety, depression, and fear. All went away.

Thank you for this. I was "floxied" on 3/15/2016 after taking just 2 doses. I will never forget that day. My life has been a roller coaster of anxiety and depression ever since. I had been on lexapro for ten years previous to that, but had successfully tapered, I thought, over the course of a couple years. I think Cipro may have induced W/D from my previous taper. I felt fine, completely normal for 6 to 9 months. Anyway, I think it caused major anxiety and w/d combined. Without understanding I kept trying to beat the anxiety with ever increasing doses of Lexapro. I was up to 40mg, plus 20mg of buspar. I won't bore you anymore with that it's in my signature. But you've given me hope. My wife and 2 young daughters thank you as well.

rspwed

2006 10mg Lexapro for 5 years2011

5mg Lexapro for 3 years2013

2.5mg Lexapro for 2 years

6/2015 med free

3/2016 adverse reaction to Ciprofloxacin

Between 3/2016 and 11/2016 steady ramp up to 40mg Lexapro and 20mg Buspar

1/2017 Switch from 40mg Lexapro to 15mg Remeron with 20mg Buspar

2/7/2017 Dropped to 7.5mg remeron increased buspar to 45mg

3/14/2017 Dropped to 3.75mg remeron

3/28/2017 increased to 7.5mg Remeron and 45mg Buspar, 500mg Magnesium, 720mg Omega3 Fish Oil

• Moderator Emeritus

I was on Lexapro 2.5 mg then 5 mg for 6 years. It took me 2 years to wean off. I also had a horrible experience with Cipro! Please, can anyone tell me what experiences they had with Cipro? I was given it for any upper respiratory infection I had very freely, even for a dental cleaning. One day I went into anaphylaxis and nearly died. This was back in 2003. My doctor said that Cipro can make your joints explode. I have trouble with all of my joints now. I had no idea there were psychological effects from taking Cipro.

Your help will be appreciated! Please move this post to the right place if needed.

Kestrel

Yes, Cipro crosses the blood brain barrier and causes all sorts of neurological issues. Mine was auditory hallucinations, Insomnia, anxiety, depression, and fear. All went away.

Thank you for this. I was "floxied" on 3/15/2016 after taking just 2 doses. I will never forget that day. My life has been a roller coaster of anxiety and depression ever since. I had been on lexapro for ten years previous to that, but had successfully tapered, I thought, over the course of a couple years. I think Cipro may have induced W/D from my previous taper. I felt fine, completely normal for 6 to 9 months. Anyway, I think it caused major anxiety and w/d combined. Without understanding I kept trying to beat the anxiety with ever increasing doses of Lexapro. I was up to 40mg, plus 20mg of buspar. I won't bore you anymore with that it's in my signature. But you've given me hope. My wife and 2 young daughters thank you as well.
so you were Floxed too huh?! And you experienced the weird anxiety and depression months after? Wow, sounds like me at the time. I knew it was Cipro because I was completely fine before taking it. I took Cipro for an infection. After Cipro, I immediately knew something wasn't right. The anxiety and depression weren't the "normal" ones I had experienced after recovery. My sleep was bad and I was disconnected again from loved ones. I told myself, "oh crap, not this again!!?" I reported it to the FDA and I believe they have updated the labeling for FQs to indicate psychiatric issues. But yeah, the racing thoughts, mind, and not being able to get any thoughts in made me think I had lost my mind and was going crazy. I thought I was hearing or seeing things. Wasn't fair!

All good now.

Yep. Within hours. It was a very strange feeling. I don't think I would have taken the second dose, except I took the first dose just before I went to bed. I felt weird when I woke up, but hey WTH? I gotta get to work. Took the second dose and by the time I got to work, I had to turn around and go home. All for a UTI that it turns out, I didn't even have. Damn.

Anxiety, depression, insomnia and now I get to do a years long taper.

They have updated all the side effect warnings to include psychiatric issues.

Damn right, not fair.

Thanks again.

rspwed

6/2015 med free

3/28/2017 increased to 7.5mg Remeron and 45mg Buspar, 500mg Magnesium, 720mg Omega3 Fish Oil

• Moderator Emeritus

Yep. Within hours. It was a very strange feeling. I don't think I would have taken the second dose, except I took the first dose just before I went to bed. I felt weird when I woke up, but hey WTH? I gotta get to work. Took the second dose and by the time I got to work, I had to turn around and go home. All for a UTI that it turns out, I didn't even have. Damn.

Anxiety, depression, insomnia and now I get to do a years long taper.

They have updated all the side effect warnings to include psychiatric issues.

Damn right, not fair.

Thanks again.

holy moly, me too! UTI I did not have! You'll get better

So I just spent the last 2 hours going through your story. Holy moly is right! I had no idea there were so many floxed people here. I feel so bad for luv2knit and her daughter. The others as well, but especially them. I call people like that "perspective people". As soon as I think I have it bad, they give me perspective. Your post gave me more hope since I'm 13 months out since I was floxed, so I hope I'm beyond the half way point. I feel so many similarities to your story. I'm also a big fan of Dr. Weekes. I listen to her hope and help audio book almost every morning. "Loosen and Accept", so comforting when you're in the soup.

Can you tell me what the Facebook page is for the Ciprofloxacin group?

Thank you for posting it all. I'm happy for you that you are feeling so much better.

rspwed

6/2015 med free

• 2 weeks later...

That's it. Burn time, seriously. I tried all sorts of herbs, supplements, etc to help me sleep, lift mood but nothing worked for me. It may for you but it didn't with me.

NO ONE will fully understand all this. It's impossible - they are not you and do not live in your brain/state of mind.

I remember that mornings were particularly tough. By the evening, I was improved and even laughing. I didn't want the night to end. I dreamed going to bed bc I knew I wasn't going to sleep and that the morning was a reset of my mind. It all recovered. In fact, I am writing this in my garage as I work on my antique car!

Hi Aeroman,

How many months did it take before you could get at least 6 hours of sleep every night?

Luvox - 2011 - Feb 2016

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aeroman,

How many months did it take before you could get at least 6 hours of sleep every night?

10-12 months

Aeroman-Thank you so much for sharing your story.   I am one month off my first medication and it has been a rocky ride.   My mental state is okay but the physical symptoms have been intense, nausea, physical tension, headache, sweating during the night, and wanting to cry.  I've had all these reactions during my 2.3 years of wd and yet it's scarier this time because I'm not giving my body any more of the medication.   

It is so good to read that you have yourself back and that it can be done.  I guess there is no easy way to go around withdrawal and it's good to know that you have.

Hibari

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

• Moderator Emeritus

10-12 months

Thanks so much

You're welcome.  Hang in there, it will improve!  if I did it, so can you

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman-Thank you so much for sharing your story.   I am one month off my first medication and it has been a rocky ride.   My mental state is okay but the physical symptoms have been intense, nausea, physical tension, headache, sweating during the night, and wanting to cry.  I've had all these reactions during my 2.3 years of wd and yet it's scarier this time because I'm not giving my body any more of the medication.   

It is so good to read that you have yourself back and that it can be done.  I guess there is no easy way to go around withdrawal and it's good to know that you have.

Hibari

You are going through, what I nicknamed, Phase I.  Phase I was mainly the acute physical symptoms.  Phase II came about 3-5 months post SSRI and that was more on the mental stuff.  No, no easier way in my experience...you got to see it through.  You'll get better

• Moderator Emeritus

So I just spent the last 2 hours going through your story. Holy moly is right! I had no idea there were so many floxed people here. I feel so bad for luv2knit and her daughter. The others as well, but especially them. I call people like that "perspective people". As soon as I think I have it bad, they give me perspective. Your post gave me more hope since I'm 13 months out since I was floxed, so I hope I'm beyond the half way point. I feel so many similarities to your story. I'm also a big fan of Dr. Weekes. I listen to her hope and help audio book almost every morning. "Loosen and Accept", so comforting when you're in the soup.

Can you tell me what the Facebook page is for the Ciprofloxacin group?

Thank you for posting it all. I'm happy for you that you are feeling so much better.

Thanks.  I have since left the group on Facebook but there are only two.  

fluoroquinolone toxicity group

and

fluoroquinolone twilight zone

Hi Aeroman,

Reading your success story has given me hope, and also a bit of despair. It's the part about it taking years that scares me. I was never very good with pain, p hysucal or emotional, and w/d is the worst of both. And I have a wife who is suffering because she has had to bear so much of the burden now of carrying us financially (and sadly, her job is hanging on by a thread). And we have a ten year old daughter who is having to watch her father suffer.

I know it will take time and God, as you said. I pray without ceasing, but I myst admit to my faith and trust being shaken. I fear that

I will not see healing this sideof Heaven.

I ruined my family's lives while I was on the meds (they helped give reign to the worst parts of me, like anger and a nasty tongue). While I was on the meds, I prayed for my marriage to get better, and my wife says being off of the meds has saved our marriage. But now I am in the throes if w/d, and it is ruining my family in a different way. It's as if the answer to the first prayer has caused a new priblem! My theology is rocked. But I cling to God, and pray for guidance and relief.

Anyway, thank you again for sharing your story, and for being here to help.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Aeroman,

Reading your success story has given me hope, and also a bit of despair. It's the part about it taking years that scares me. I was never very good with pain, p hysucal or emotional, and w/d is the worst of both. And I have a wife who is suffering because she has had to bear so much of the burden now of carrying us financially (and sadly, her job is hanging on by a thread). And we have a ten year old daughter who is having to watch her father suffer.

I know it will take time and God, as you said. I pray without ceasing, but I myst admit to my faith and trust being shaken. I fear that

I will not see healing this sideof Heaven.

I ruined my family's lives while I was on the meds (they helped give reign to the worst parts of me, like anger and a nasty tongue). While I was on the meds, I prayed for my marriage to get better, and my wife says being off of the meds has saved our marriage. But now I am in the throes if w/d, and it is ruining my family in a different way. It's as if the answer to the first prayer has caused a new priblem! My theology is rocked. But I cling to God, and pray for guidance and relief.

Anyway, thank you again for sharing your story, and for being here to help.

SJ

hi Shakey, don't despair about the timeline. When I say years, 80% of my WD time was do able. Meaning, I didn't need to go to get back on Meds, etc. The first year was the real kicker. It was a shock to my brain. It affected my marriage and luckily we pulled through. Let the mind tell you that you won't recover or that it will get worse. The mind is a beautiful thing. It will work for you or against you. I made a choice. I chose to have it work for me. It through me the weirdest **** and I transformed that to a learning experience and over time made me grow. Made me stronger. I was on the floor with anxiety. I cried. I wanted out. I wanted to take myself out. It was that thought of suicide that was a blessing in disguise! Why, you may ask? Because it was PROOF that the situation I was in wasn't ME! I had a root cause: Lexapro Withdrawal. I was scared I was going crazy. But I learned that the people that are really crazy don't know they are! It's their norm. Whether it be God or whatever, you will recover. You will improve. And that, my friend, will happen whether you believe it or not.

hi Shakey, don't despair about the timeline. When I say years, 80% of my WD time was do able. Meaning, I didn't need to go to get back on Meds, etc. The first year was the real kicker. It was a shock to my brain. It affected my marriage and luckily we pulled through. Let the mind tell you that you won't recover or that it will get worse. The mind is a beautiful thing. It will work for you or against you. I made a choice. I chose to have it work for me. It through me the weirdest **** and I transformed that to a learning experience and over time made me grow. Made me stronger. I was on the floor with anxiety. I cried. I wanted out. I wanted to take myself out. It was that thought of suicide that was a blessing in disguise! Why, you may ask? Because it was PROOF that the situation I was in wasn't ME! I had a root cause: Lexapro Withdrawal. I was scared I was going crazy. But I learned that the people that are really crazy don't know they are! It's their norm. Whether it be God or whatever, you will recover. You will improve. And that, my friend, will happen whether you believe it or not.

You are really good at this encouragement thing! When I was on the drugs, suicidal thoughts were a frequent companion. I wanted to die. That was the meds talking. Now when I have the thought that I should end this, that my family will be better off, it is fleeting, a reaction to the pain and yes, proof that my emotions are not wholly my own yet.

I need to grown some strength - to let God grow my strength, to be my strength. I was never good with any pain - physical or emotional - at even the smallest level. Now I'm experiencing it on levels I wouldn't wish on anyone! And even then, I know there are people out there dealing with much worse pain and circumstances than I am. That motivates me to be compassionate - and to hold on through this wild ride! Though in the morning, when the cortisol-terror starts, I might feel differently. I used to love mornings! Now I dread them. But I have hope that the next morning will be the one where I feel less anxiety, less pain.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

• Moderator Emeritus

You are really good at this encouragement thing! When I was on the drugs, suicidal thoughts were a frequent companion. I wanted to die. That was the meds talking. Now when I have the thought that I should end this, that my family will be better off, it is fleeting, a reaction to the pain and yes, proof that my emotions are not wholly my own yet.

I need to grown some strength - to let God grow my strength, to be my strength. I was never good with any pain - physical or emotional - at even the smallest level. Now I'm experiencing it on levels I wouldn't wish on anyone! And even then, I know there are people out there dealing with much worse pain and circumstances than I am. That motivates me to be compassionate - and to hold on through this wild ride! Though in the morning, when the cortisol-terror starts, I might feel differently. I used to love mornings! Now I dread them. But I have hope that the next morning will be the one where I feel less anxiety, less pain.

SJ

The increase in strength will come during your journey!

The mornings....the mornings....awwww, man, wish I could write a book on those dreaded mornings.  They were the worst!  The evenings would be great only to have the mind "reset" in the mornings.  Now, I cherish them and spring out of bed looking forward on working on x, y, and z.

I used to love mornings! I look forward to the day that I love them more than ever!

SJ

Aeroman-

I know your probably ready to move on but I'm very thankful for you coming here & giving hope to people like me. This is the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. I'll be honest I'm scared very scared about how in the world am I supposed to endure this debilitating anxiety and depression for years and not giving up. I'm only 5 months in & still have 1 more med to go. I don't know if once I get stable that I have enough left in me to taper the Wellbutrin. I don't think I'll try cold turkey again though.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words of hope and wisdom. God Bless!

Trazodone 100mg stopped November 2016

Lamictal 200mg stopped November 2016

Celexa 40mg stopped 12-01-16

Abilify 10mg stopped 12-01-16

Wellbutrin XL stopped 6-14-18

I have been on some type of meds for @ least 15 years.

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

Aeroman-

I know your probably ready to move on but I'm very thankful for you coming here & giving hope to people like me. This is the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. I'll be honest I'm scared very scared about how in the world am I supposed to endure this debilitating anxiety and depression for years and not giving up. I'm only 5 months in & still have 1 more med to go. I don't know if once I get stable that I have enough left in me to taper the Wellbutrin. I don't think I'll try cold turkey again though.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your words of hope and wisdom. God Bless!

Hi Jennifer. First of all (and this goes to all of you reading this): do not set yourself a time line. We're all different. I know the patterns and trends are the same but what I went through may very well be short lived or non existent to you. How did I get through it? I just did. There is a lot of good in us to overcome the negative and twisted things your mind can bring. It's temporary and knowing that, is a huge help. Also, keep your mind busy with meaningful activities while you "burn up" time. I'm sure you have all sorts of questions so feel free to ask away.

I understand your fear. It's real. It's very profound and it probably consumes your thinking the majority of your time. But over time, it becomes less...and less...and less. You'll started reading more non-wd sites/posts and more of your hobby/interests. You'll see :)

Thank you Aeroman. Every Time you tell us the fear, anxiety, and depression will heal, that alone lifts my heart. It seems like those exaggerated emotions are so slow to heal. Aeroman, did those raw emotions just get more less intense and lighter as time pushed forward? I mean, for me anyway, they sure aren't going away overnight. It seems like they are just getting gradually lighter but not gone, not back to me. As a matter of fact, I can relate to what Jennifer just said, the whole ordeal is taxing and hard!!! Today, I just had to cry and cry good, I so long to feel the joy and not fear and anxiety. Just so long to have me back!!! Me before the drug that is! For Jennifer, Wellbutrin is the drug I am tapering.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Aeroman. Every Time you tell us the fear, anxiety, and depression will heal, that alone lifts my heart. It seems like those exaggerated emotions are so slow to heal. Aeroman, did those raw emotions just get more less intense and lighter as time pushed forward? I mean, for me anyway, they sure aren't going away overnight. It seems like they are just getting gradually lighter but not gone, not back to me. As a matter of fact, I can relate to what Jennifer just said, the whole ordeal is taxing and hard!!! Today, I just had to cry and cry good, I so long to feel the joy and not fear and anxiety. Just so long to have me back!!! Me before the drug that is! For Jennifer, Wellbutrin is the drug I am tapering.

hello. Yes, they gradually lifted. And it wasn't a linear thing...good and bad but the trend was going up, SLOWLY

Thank you Aeroman for taking the time to share your experiences and encourage us along the way. Thank you for coming back????

Hello All, it's been a long time since I have logged in here and posted.  My story is located here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7761-%E2%98%BC-aeroman-hello-from-aeroman/?st=0

I have been good, fully recovered from Lexapro and Cipro use.  I don't think about withdrawal anymore.  The answer was TIME and GOD in both cases.  For those that are new to withdrawal, don't fret, you will be OK.  I know the beginning months are scary but it won't last forever.  Feel free to ask me questions as I am sure you will have many..especially doubts within yourself.

Aeroman

hi dear

1.did you had lack of sleep during wd?

i men hole nights without a sleep?

if yes,did you found for it sםlution?

2.what you men by say"No other experience has strengthened my mind like being in SSRI w/d"?

3.for what you took drugs?

thank you

2007-2015- zoloft 100 mg
5-8/2015 taper zoloft 12.5 mg every 2 weeks
3/2016 -11/16 lexapro 20 mg

taper lexapro every month by 30%

11/4/17-lexapro 3.5 mg

Hello All, it's been a long time since I have logged in here and posted.  My story is located here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7761-%E2%98%BC-aeroman-hello-from-aeroman/?st=0

I have been good, fully recovered from Lexapro and Cipro use.  I don't think about withdrawal anymore.  The answer was TIME and GOD in both cases.  For those that are new to withdrawal, don't fret, you will be OK.  I know the beginning months are scary but it won't last forever.  Feel free to ask me questions as I am sure you will have many..especially doubts within yourself.

Aeroman

how did you use "weeks" method?by kearning book?or by Be patient ?

2007-2015- zoloft 100 mg
5-8/2015 taper zoloft 12.5 mg every 2 weeks
3/2016 -11/16 lexapro 20 mg

taper lexapro every month by 30%

11/4/17-lexapro 3.5 mg