Jump to content
Aeroman

Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

Recommended Posts

LexAnger

Hi aeroman. 

 

Hope you are doing great! 

 

Have you had sensitivity to food, in particular to artificial sweeteners and msg? I am hit by both like 100 times worse than lex since 6 months off lex. Seriously these poisons are taking my life now. 

 

If so, did it improve over time? 

 

Hugs,

Lex

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ather
On 7/8/2018 at 1:39 PM, Tootsieroll said:

Thank you Liamb.  To me it seems imperceptible from my point of view because I am still being hammered with the symptoms daily.  Oh yes I forgot to answer that.  Did I mention I also still have memory issues lol.  I was on meds for almost 10 years and then took 2 years to taper off.  But it was the 2 months use of benzos at the end of my taper that really broke the camels back.  If I could go back in time and redo anything, it would be to never have put a stinkin benzo in my mouth.  Maybe my healing would have been easier.

 

It is your imagination and nothing else, its your fear, Benzos are Nothing in front of Antidepressants, you have overcome the 10 years on ADs, Benzos for 2 months is actually nothing, take that negative thinking out of your mind, stop thinking about it and make yourself busy, you get busy you forget all those repeating thoughts, In reality you are fine now ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tootsieroll
1 hour ago, Ather said:

 

It is your imagination and nothing else, its your fear, Benzos are Nothing in front of Antidepressants, you have overcome the 10 years on ADs, Benzos for 2 months is actually nothing, take that negative thinking out of your mind, stop thinking about it and make yourself busy, you get busy you forget all those repeating thoughts, In reality you are fine now ! 

I hope I'm not misreading things and hopefully this message was sent with an encouraging tone.  I didn't find myself in a drooling stupor till I took those benzos and came off them.  Through genetics testing I found out that I have a very rare genetic mutation that puts me in 1% of the population and my capability to detox toxins is turned off.  Therefore, the  benzos were very toxic to me and my body retained it's toxic affects, hence the injury to certain parts of my brain(tested) after that withdrawal.  It is very well known that benzos can have a dependency after even a weeks use.  Big part of why doctor offices here in Canada will not prescribe them or refill scripts, due to its addictive nature.  I think a huge part of it depends on the individuals body chemistry and makeup and I unfortunately were not one of the lucky ones that could take it for short term and not be damaged by it.  Even birth control would be deadly to me.  I'm a very perceptive person and know when my bodies axis has been seriously shifted.  I understand that you are just cheering me to look forward and not dwell but at the same time I don't want other sufferers to think that short term benzo use can't cause damage.  The scale can tip either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ather
2 hours ago, Tootsieroll said:

I hope I'm not misreading things and hopefully this message was sent with an encouraging tone.  I didn't find myself in a drooling stupor till I took those benzos and came off them.  Through genetics testing I found out that I have a very rare genetic mutation that puts me in 1% of the population and my capability to detox toxins is turned off.  Therefore, the  benzos were very toxic to me and my body retained it's toxic affects, hence the injury to certain parts of my brain(tested) after that withdrawal.  It is very well known that benzos can have a dependency after even a weeks use.  Big part of why doctor offices here in Canada will not prescribe them or refill scripts, due to its addictive nature.  I think a huge part of it depends on the individuals body chemistry and makeup and I unfortunately were not one of the lucky ones that could take it for short term and not be damaged by it.  Even birth control would be deadly to me.  I'm a very perceptive person and know when my bodies axis has been seriously shifted.  I understand that you are just cheering me to look forward and not dwell but at the same time I don't want other sufferers to think that short term benzo use can't cause damage.  The scale can tip either way.

 

Yes this message was sent in an encouraging tone :) You don't have to go into genetics testing please, You don't know how much testing I went through, Kidneys, Liver, Brain, Thyroid, Parathyroid, cortisol, serotonin, heart,  I made a thick file of my tests, whenever a test result came out a little outside the normal range I would think I was doomed, I was not listening to anyone, not even the most senior doctor could satisfy me, that was the worst period of my life, you will have to get out of this, If you are able you should start walking from today, my prayers are with you, always, English is not my first language I may sound rude but believe me I cry reading posts where beautiful people like you are suffering, I'm very weak cannot see suffering, May God help you come out of this, Aameen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeipii
9 hours ago, Tootsieroll said:

I hope I'm not misreading things and hopefully this message was sent with an encouraging tone.  I didn't find myself in a drooling stupor till I took those benzos and came off them.  Through genetics testing I found out that I have a very rare genetic mutation that puts me in 1% of the population and my capability to detox toxins is turned off.  Therefore, the  benzos were very toxic to me and my body retained it's toxic affects, hence the injury to certain parts of my brain(tested) after that withdrawal.  It is very well known that benzos can have a dependency after even a weeks use.  Big part of why doctor offices here in Canada will not prescribe them or refill scripts, due to its addictive nature.  I think a huge part of it depends on the individuals body chemistry and makeup and I unfortunately were not one of the lucky ones that could take it for short term and not be damaged by it.  Even birth control would be deadly to me.  I'm a very perceptive person and know when my bodies axis has been seriously shifted.  I understand that you are just cheering me to look forward and not dwell but at the same time I don't want other sufferers to think that short term benzo use can't cause damage.  The scale can tip either way.

I would be very interested about this gene mutation and how is it defined, tested etc. I am afraid I have something equivalent. Seems all these drugs even after short use have left permanent damage, and this all has basically killed me as a human. I would be very happy, if you can send a private message to me. Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
musk

 

No, no and no.

 

The genes are NOT determinants, they do not condemn us to an immovable result. The activation / deactivation of genes depends on many factors, including one's thoughts and beliefs.

 

Bruce Lipton demonstrated this scientifically (see "The Biology of Belief"). The enormous work of Joe Dispenza goes in the same direction.

 

But even if Lipton had not proven it scientifically, I would try not to self-condemn myself in that way, please!

 

Only I enter this site to see success stories and positivity, and I find this **** (apologies for the anger).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tootsieroll

Ather- you are not weak.  You are here because you are strong.  Not many people can endure what you have.  Thank you for being encouraging.

 

zeipii-  I will PM you.

 

Musk- I’m not sure where the anger is being directed but it was just an account of my personal story and my journey.  It may not apply to anyone else.  I was a very sickly child/young adult and the genetics testing may not be the be all and end all but provides a glimpse of other possibilities.  I wouldn’t condemn myself to immovable results but on the same token wouldn’t condemn myself to the thoughts of naysayers either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
On 8/20/2018 at 6:55 PM, LexAnger said:

Hi aeroman. 

 

Hope you are doing great! 

 

Have you had sensitivity to food, in particular to artificial sweeteners and msg? I am hit by both like 100 times worse than lex since 6 months off lex. Seriously these poisons are taking my life now. 

 

If so, did it improve over time? 

 

Hugs,

Lex

 

 

Hello Lex!  No, I had no sensitivity to food....just caffeine actually.  And I am good now.  Yeah, I was not able to handle caffeine but I am 150% good now.  It took me about 3 years maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman

Folks.  Give it TIME.  No matter what herb I tried or supplement I tried out, it didnt help.  i am not saying it wont help you. I am just giving you my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ather

Tootsieroll, Thanks for your kind words, my prayers are with you, tell me do you do any physical activity like walk or exercise, whats your age please ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
18 hours ago, Aeroman said:

Folks.  Give it TIME.  No matter what herb I tried or supplement I tried out, it didnt help.  i am not saying it wont help you. I am just giving you my experience.

Did you still get bad waves out at 13 months think I'm in a bad wave now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
18 hours ago, Aeroman said:

Folks.  Give it TIME.  No matter what herb I tried or supplement I tried out, it didnt help.  i am not saying it wont help you. I am just giving you my experience.

Depression deep dark kind is back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
2 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

Did you still get bad waves out at 13 months think I'm in a bad wave now 

absolutely.  Oh yes.  I lived on the SSRI forums and I tried to learn as much as I can.  I validated that I indeed had SSRI w/d and had to accept that I needed to go through this phase in my life.  I wanted it to end.  Yes, that included the thoughts of ending my life.  I was bad.  Very bad.  I went to so many doctors to figure out all of my weird symptoms in 2008.  2008 was year 1 for me.  Loved ones tried to help me.  They all meant well...."get back on the drug" they said.  "How long are you going to put up with this?"  Trust me, I know what you all are going through.  Fear.  Despair.  Lack of patience.  Thoughts that this was forever now.  Am I crazy??

 

NOPE!!!

 

That's your mind trying to play tricks.  Don't be bluffed by thoughts.  They are just thoughts!  It is normal under the circumstances.  You will know when you are recovered and not even realize it.

 

The best way to describe recovery for me is this:  having a bad headache throughout the day....then taking a Tylenol for it....and then hours later, it is gone and you forgot you even had a headache.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
2 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

Depression deep dark kind is back 

Yes.  I know the one.  We were best friends for almost 4 years during w/d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tootsieroll
13 hours ago, Ather said:

Tootsieroll, Thanks for your kind words, my prayers are with you, tell me do you do any physical activity like walk or exercise, whats your age please ?

And my prayers with you.  Prayers and this forum really got me through the worst moments.  I am 35 and I did do light weights because I experienced muscle atrophy and walked daily at a nearby pond.  However whatever muscle I gained from weights would quickly disappear because my cortisol was still elevated.  So if I went a week without working out muscle wasting would happen.  Also, working out would trigger waves over and over due to the cortisol, so for now I just walk as that is all I can handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wantrelief
8 hours ago, Aeroman said:

I wanted it to end.  Yes, that included the thoughts of ending my life.  I was bad.  Very bad.  I went to so many doctors to figure out all of my weird symptoms in 2008.  2008 was year 1 for me.  Loved ones tried to help me.  They all meant well...."get back on the drug" they said.  "How long are you going to put up with this?"  Trust me, I know what you all are going through.  Fear.  Despair.  Lack of patience.  Thoughts that this was forever now.  Am I crazy??

Ugh, you describe withdrawal so well....that is exactly what it is like.  Thank you so much for continuing to come back here to provide support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ather
5 hours ago, Tootsieroll said:

And my prayers with you.  Prayers and this forum really got me through the worst moments.  I am 35 and I did do light weights because I experienced muscle atrophy and walked daily at a nearby pond.  However whatever muscle I gained from weights would quickly disappear because my cortisol was still elevated.  So if I went a week without working out muscle wasting would happen.  Also, working out would trigger waves over and over due to the cortisol, so for now I just walk as that is all I can handle.

 

You go for a walk and that's very nice to hear, walk around 30 to 40 minutes every day regularly, this helps I can guarantee you that, some time ago I was looking at my body seeing how God has made it, I realized legs were the largest part of our body Alhamdulillah (all praise belongs to Almighty) the next day I started to walk Masha-Allah !

And the other thing is keep yourself positive, whenever a negative thought comes make yourself busy in something do something positive, a very small example is to keep a bowl or two outside for the birds to drink from it and throw something so they can eat too like millet grain or whatever the birds over there like to eat, you can also throw your left over food / bread too, when they eat that food and drink that water you'll feel very satisfied :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
On 9/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Aeroman said:

Yes.  I know the one.  We were best friends for almost 4 years during w/d

 

On 9/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Aeroman said:

Yes.  I know the one.  We were best friends for almost 4 years during w/d

Wow 4 years I'll have this for this is crazy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
On 9/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, Liamb123456 said:

 

Wow 4 years I'll have this for this is crazy 

No, not all 4 years were hell.  The first year was the toughest and then it got easier to cope.  Finally, withdrawal became a memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecowisback
On 9/26/2018 at 10:31 PM, Liamb123456 said:

 

Wow 4 years I'll have this for this is crazy 

hi liamb - this isn't really to do with your posts. i'm just a little concerned that you have your full postal address in your profile. i know i'm kinda paranoid since quitting the meds but i wouldn't want anyone taking advantage of the fact that they know where you live 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bhasski
On 9/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, Aeroman said:

The first year was the toughest and then it got easier to cope.  Finally, withdrawal became a memory.

 

Hi, I m off 3 years but still cannot feel good emotions and rested head.

 

I am still waiting to see any window. Started gymming to beat the fatigue... But its been only a week. 

 

Please tell me what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeroman
2 hours ago, bhasski said:

 

Hi, I m off 3 years but still cannot feel good emotions and rested head.

 

I am still waiting to see any window. Started gymming to beat the fatigue... But its been only a week. 

 

Please tell me what to do.

Hello. At 3 years, I was not feeling much emotions. I cannot tell you what to do. What I can tell you is what I did. And what I did was kill time. Watching movies, living on the internet, puzzles...pretty much anything that can keep my flat mind busy. It eventually goes away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ather
11 hours ago, bhasski said:

 

Hi, I m off 3 years but still cannot feel good emotions and rested head.

 

I am still waiting to see any window. Started gymming to beat the fatigue... But its been only a week. 

 

Please tell me what to do.

 

Give exercise a good two months, do it regularly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
On 9/30/2018 at 12:20 PM, thecowisback said:

hi liamb - this isn't really to do with your posts. i'm just a little concerned that you have your full postal address in your profile. i know i'm kinda paranoid since quitting the meds but i wouldn't want anyone taking advantage of the fact that they know where you live 😕

How do I change that my address

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bhasski
22 hours ago, Aeroman said:

Hello. At 3 years, I was not feeling much emotions. I cannot tell you what to do. What I can tell you is what I did. And what I did was kill time. Watching movies, living on the internet, puzzles...pretty much anything that can keep my flat mind busy. It eventually goes away. 

 

Thanks. 

I am doing same what you mentioned. I watch TV and supervise the work of  masonry at home.  I lie down, watch news.. My social circle is completely broken... Trying  homeopathy with hope to end in waste again and again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecowisback
5 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

How do I change that my address

i'm not sure - if you message one of the staff they can tell you 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecowisback
19 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

How do I change that my address

click on your account in the top right of the screen then go into your profile. top right should be edit profile 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
36 minutes ago, thecowisback said:

click on your account in the top right of the screen then go into your profile. top right should be edit profile 😀

Did it thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
On 6/14/2018 at 7:43 PM, LexAnger said:

Thank you aeroman for taking time responding!

 

Unfortunately, I'm in the deepest water ever, I believe it's from the multiple setbacks one after another in the past 3 months, back injury, mri reaction, and several very severe reactions to msg and aspartame. 10 times worse than my worst months since off lex.

 

Barely can make through each day in the past 3 weeks and now.

 

Hope you are doing great! 

 

Lex

 

 

 

Hey how are you feeling today since your setbacks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo1983

Hi Aero.

 

I'm a Lexapro victim. 

 

Some great advice. Thanks.

 

Did you work during withdrawal? 

 

Thanks

 

Lee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.