SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

On 5/16/2017 at 10:04 AM, Aeroman said:

If you get her book, she explains it in there.

I am assuming you mean Claire Weeke's book Hope and Help For Your Nerves? Or another one?

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, ShakeyJerr said:

I am assuming you mean Claire Weeke's book Hope and Help For Your Nerves? Or another one?

SJ

Yes, Dr. Weekes' book

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

On 29/06/2017 at 8:47 PM, Aeroman said:

4 months, in my opinion, is still pretty early in the WD. I don't think anything you take is ever permanent. 

Hi Aero,

Thanks for sticking around for all of us. I just have one question.. Dis you have brain fog and cognitive issues while in withdrawal? how do you feel today memory and cognition wise?

Do those heal as well?

thank you

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax

Med free since Feb 28th 2017

Mostly experiencing PSSD

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 7/13/2017 at 3:10 AM, Bobo32 said:

Hi Aero,

Thanks for sticking around for all of us. I just have one question.. Dis you have brain fog and cognitive issues while in withdrawal? how do you feel today memory and cognition wise?

Do those heal as well?

thank you

yes to both, brain fog and cognitive issues during wd.  Memory is pretty good but it isn't as great as before.  Yes, I would say they are pretty much healed.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

4 hours ago, Aeroman said:

yes to both, brain fog and cognitive issues during wd.  Memory is pretty good but it isn't as great as before.  Yes, I would say they are pretty much healed.

So if memory is not as good as before that means you are not 100 percent healed? What do you call healed exactly ?

thank you in advance 

2004-2007 paxil

Mostly experiencing PSSD

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Bobo32 said:

So if memory is not as good as before that means you are not 100 percent healed? What do you call healed exactly ?

thank you in advance 

I am 100% healed.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:51 AM, ShakeyJerr said:

SJ

Yes, Dr. Weekes' book

• 1 month later...

Did you have DR/DP?

In Jan 2011 started Lexapro 10 mg after 10 minutes consultation with doctor telling him I felt anxious in confined spaces and had an anxiety attack on plane and underground. Remained on that dosage until Sept 2014. Tapered following a doctor's schedule on 2.5 mg drops every three weeks. Once stopped I developed severe withdrawals. Three weeks of Prozac beginning of Oct 2014 but had adverse reaction and stopped CT. Protracted withdrawals since. Supp now - magnesium, fish oil, turmeric, vit D, melatonin (but recently it's made me depressed), castus vitex capsule with ginger, Withania, Vit E, zinc, Lutein for PMS.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 minutes ago, DaisyBell said:

Did you have DR/DP?

Oh yes! 

I took Lexapro 10 mg for 4 years (similar to you). 9 week taper with last day in Sept 2014.  So three years out for me... yet still I have not conquered DP/DR. Was it one of the last symptoms to go for you?  I also have light sensitivity - did you have and get over that too?

In Jan 2011 started Lexapro 10 mg after 10 minutes consultation with doctor telling him I felt anxious in confined spaces and had an anxiety attack on plane and underground. Remained on that dosage until Sept 2014. Tapered following a doctor's schedule on 2.5 mg drops every three weeks. Once stopped I developed severe withdrawals. Three weeks of Prozac beginning of Oct 2014 but had adverse reaction and stopped CT. Protracted withdrawals since. Supp now - magnesium, fish oil, turmeric, vit D, melatonin (but recently it's made me depressed), castus vitex capsule with ginger, Withania, Vit E, zinc, Lutein for PMS.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, DaisyBell said:

I took Lexapro 10 mg for 4 years (similar to you). 9 week taper with last day in Sept 2014.  So three years out for me... yet still I have not conquered DP/DR. Was it one of the last symptoms to go for you?  I also have light sensitivity - did you have and get over that too?

Hi Daisy, yes, it was one of my last few symptoms as well as Anhedonia. Yep, sound and light sensativity as well. It resolved. 

Just now, Aeroman said:

Hi Daisy, yes, it was one of my last few symptoms as well as Anhedonia. Yep, sound and light sensativity as well. It resolved. 

This gives me hope. Can't wait to be able to do things again.... work,  play sports in a fluorescent sports hall or be in crowded busy areas without losing it!

Was it around the four year mark? Also when things resolve do you think it is wise to not over do things. Like only do part time work, non -stressful... in other words is there a residual stress sensitivity (or a reduced resilience) following such a long term withdrawal even when the worst (obvious) symptoms resolve?

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, DaisyBell said:

This gives me hope. Can't wait to be able to do things again.... work,  play sports in a fluorescent sports hall or be in crowded busy areas without losing it!

Was it around the four year mark? Also when things resolve do you think it is wise to not over do things. Like only do part time work, non -stressful... in other words is there a residual stress sensitivity (or a reduced resilience) following such a long term withdrawal even when the worst (obvious) symptoms resolve?

Trust me when I say this...you will get better.  I know, easier said than done but keep hanging in there.  I tell folks that I felt like I was in a "waiting room" waiting for my number to be called.

yes, it was between 3 to 4 year mark.  It didn't matter if I over did things or not, recovery happens.  It was a slow gradual recovery state.  The brain knows and will stabilize when the time comes.  Do you feel better now than say, 2 years ago?

4 minutes ago, Aeroman said:

Trust me when I say this...you will get better.  I know, easier said than done but keep hanging in there.  I tell folks that I felt like I was in a "waiting room" waiting for my number to be called.

yes, it was between 3 to 4 year mark.  It didn't matter if I over did things or not, recovery happens.  It was a slow gradual recovery state.  The brain knows and will stabilize when the time comes.  Do you feel better now than say, 2 years ago?

Yes I do feel better and my close family believe I am a million times better.  It's just three year in 'the waiting room' really teaches patience and test your belief. I guess I'm trying to put a plan in place too. I've always been a very determined and ambitious individual, but I want to be kind  to myself this time. Thanks for your words of wisdom Aeroman

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, DaisyBell said:

Yes I do feel better and my close family believe I am a million times better.  It's just three year in 'the waiting room' really teaches patience and test your belief. I guess I'm trying to put a plan in place too. I've always been a very determined and ambitious individual, but I want to be kind  to myself this time. Thanks for your words of wisdom Aeroman

Great to hear you are feeling better. I had a feeling you were. Oh yes...this whole ordeal taught me patience!  Feel free to keep asking away...I had a lot of reassurance from friends who had recovered before me and it helped me. 

Aeroman thank you for hanging around and helping all of us. I come back to re-read your success story and it has been a huge help to me on my journey!

I just have a question... Did you ever feel 'pointless' or think 'what is the point of life'? Did you ever question if you had always felt this way but just didn't know it? I have this underlying fear now that I never had before that makes me question every aspect of myself, especially my mental health.

It makes me wonder if I was always like this or if things about my personality were really bad and I just never knew it. But at the same time I just 'know' in my gut this is wrong and I would not be questioning or second guessing myself if I was not in withdrawal recovery, it gets to be so confusing. So I am just wondering if you experienced anything like that throughout your recovery and if so, did it resolve for you?

January 2014: 25mg Sertraline. 

April 2016: 75mg of Sertraline.

June 2016: 0mg Sertraline.

September 20, 2016: WD

September 22nd: Lexapro 10mg for 3 weeks. Doctor CT’ed me. 

October 2016: Trazodone. (Forgot dose)

October 2016: CT trazodone 

October 2016: Buspirone 30mg 

October 26 2016 - Sertraline was reinstated. Titrated from 12.5mg - 57mg.

March 2018 - stabilized on 57mg. 
March 2023 - No medications.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/3/2017 at 8:37 AM, dini84 said:

Aeroman thank you for hanging around and helping all of us. I come back to re-read your success story and it has been a huge help to me on my journey!

I just have a question... Did you ever feel 'pointless' or think 'what is the point of life'? Did you ever question if you had always felt this way but just didn't know it? I have this underlying fear now that I never had before that makes me question every aspect of myself, especially my mental health.

It makes me wonder if I was always like this or if things about my personality were really bad and I just never knew it. But at the same time I just 'know' in my gut this is wrong and I would not be questioning or second guessing myself if I was not in withdrawal recovery, it gets to be so confusing. So I am just wondering if you experienced anything like that throughout your recovery and if so, did it resolve for you?

Did you ever feel 'pointless' or think 'what is the point of life'? Did you ever question if you had always felt this way but just didn't know it?  = YEP!!!!   And once I get that thought, it just plays, rewinds, plays rewinds, and doesn't want to stop.  It was exhausting!  But like everything else, it stopped and I felt better.

No, I doubt you were ever like this.  The fact that you even think that proves to me that you have always been ok, "normal", whatever your normal is.  And yes, I experienced those thoughts as well, big time.  And yes, they resolved as well. I just accept the thought and move on.

Anything that plays and rewinds in my head all went away....and the same will happen for you.  Be well and hang in there.

Thanks Aeroman! I do notice as time goes on that those thoughts are almost non existent, or at least very light. I've never had this before withdrawal, I do know that much, but the thoughts haunt me during the waves and it's so hard to escape it, because it feels so real.

I've been using Claire Weekes' techniques and "floating" to get through the worst of all of this. I do believe it's helping a lot, so thank you so much for the book recommendation as well!!!  

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, dini84 said:

Thanks Aeroman! I do notice as time goes on that those thoughts are almost non existent, or at least very light. I've never had this before withdrawal, I do know that much, but the thoughts haunt me during the waves and it's so hard to escape it, because it feels so real.

I've been using Claire Weekes' techniques and "floating" to get through the worst of all of this. I do believe it's helping a lot, so thank you so much for the book recommendation as well!!!  

Yep, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Time is a great healer. And yes, it does feel so real. Isn't Dr Claire Weekes' book awesome?! And it really works! Just takes practice and patience. Feel free to message me if it gets too tough, I've been there! 

Aeroman, I'm 7 months off and feel like I'm losing it.  I honestly feel like a hopeless case.  I read over your success story and you seemed to take everything in stride and I can barely take a shower.  Please humor me as I'm desperately trying to use my rational brain to separate who I truly am from WD.  Did you ever experience the following:

-mood swings: rage, crying, irritability, depression, anxiety, apathy

-severe social anxiety (I can barely look people in the eye when interacting with them

-insomnia

-severe cognitive impairment (difficulty w/simple tasks) and problems with executive functioning

-an underlying panic that is 24/7

I used to have windows, but that has stopped since the beginning of August.  

At what point did the symptoms lessen for you or become at least 'bearable'?  

Thanks so much for your insight.

Mid 2014 - June 2016 (~ 2.5 yrs): sertraline 75mg. Under advice of my Pysch NP, weaned off in 1 month

Sept 2017 - Feb 2017 (6 months): Latuda (dose 20mg up to 80mg). Under advice of Psych NP, weaned off in 6 weeks (Jan - mid Feb). Tirtated down 20mg every 2 weeks.

Nov 2017 - Feb 2017 (3 months): lamictal 100mg. Abruptly taken off. This was the "wean": 100mg, 50mg, then off

Feb 2017: sertraline 150mg for 1 week to bring me out of a severe suicidal depression. Abruptly stopped due to serotonin syndrome. Tried to reinstate 50mg a week later, but the serotonin syndrome symptoms came back. Not possible to reinstate sertraline.

March 2017: remeron 7.5mg. Took one dose that knocked me out for two days. Refused to take it again

February 2017 - March 2017: Ativan 1mg. Took 5 pills total spread out over the course of 3 weeks. No longer taking it.

6/16/18 - 6/26: celexa 1.25mg

6/27/18 - 6/29: celexa 2.5mg, 6/29 had burning and agitation within 30min of dose

6/30/18 - present: celexa 1.25mg

On 04/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, Aeroman said:

Did you ever feel 'pointless' or think 'what is the point of life'? Did you ever question if you had always felt this way but just didn't know it?  = YEP!!!!   And once I get that thought, it just plays, rewinds, plays rewinds, and doesn't want to stop.  It was exhausting!  But like everything else, it stopped and I felt better.

No, I doubt you were ever like this.  The fact that you even think that proves to me that you have always been ok, "normal", whatever your normal is.  And yes, I experienced those thoughts as well, big time.  And yes, they resolved as well. I just accept the thought and move on.

Anything that plays and rewinds in my head all went away....and the same will happen for you.  Be well and hang in there.

To jump on the wagon here, 

Did you ever get these thoughts along with existential questions like why do I love, why am I kind, do I love my family, etc.? 

This whole ordeal has made my OCD 100x worse and the intrusive thoughts are hard. 

Great to see you're recovered. God bless. 

Jan. 21, 2017: 50 mg Zoloft for moderate-severe social anxiety

end of Feb. 2017: 100 mg one time, contracted flu, missed 2 doses (50 mg); subsequent panic attacks

Mar. 22: 50 mg every other day

Mar. 31: 25 mg every other day

April 16: 0 mg

April - September: 2-3 Ativan a month. 

October - 1 Ativan

November - 1 Ativan

Completely off Ativan as of December 2017.

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, jkun41 said:

To jump on the wagon here, 

Did you ever get these thoughts along with existential questions like why do I love, why am I kind, do I love my family, etc.? 

This whole ordeal has made my OCD 100x worse and the intrusive thoughts are hard. 

Great to see you're recovered. God bless. 

Yes, I remember having those. I remember questioning my feelings towards stuff and people. The intrusive thoughts just kept playing and rewinding in my head. Hope you feel better soon

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, TryingToHoldOn said:

Aeroman, I'm 7 months off and feel like I'm losing it.  I honestly feel like a hopeless case.  I read over your success story and you seemed to take everything in stride and I can barely take a shower.  Please humor me as I'm desperately trying to use my rational brain to separate who I truly am from WD.  Did you ever experience the following:

-mood swings: rage, crying, irritability, depression, anxiety, apathy

-severe social anxiety (I can barely look people in the eye when interacting with them

-insomnia

-severe cognitive impairment (difficulty w/simple tasks) and problems with executive functioning

-an underlying panic that is 24/7

I used to have windows, but that has stopped since the beginning of August.  

At what point did the symptoms lessen for you or become at least 'bearable'?  

Thanks so much for your insight.

At 7 months, I was still in the midst of withdrawal. Everything you listed I went through and some stuck around longer than others. But at the end of it all, I pretty much recovered from everything. I just became more aware of my thoughts and feelings after withdrawal. Hang in there

On 05/10/2017 at 5:18 AM, Aeroman said:

This post and reply really resonated wi th me and where i am currently at.

Im 5 and a bit months fully off lexapro.

Had the kdd window here and there, but plagued with cicious depressive and stress inducing thoughts that just strike so deep into my core its unreal.

I know i was never that way before.

But it tries to trick you.

You post was helpful aeroman.

2008 (approx) Lexapro 10mg.  2009 attempted cold turkey 5mg for 2 weeks - crash and burn.  2009 back on 10mg.

2012 - pooped out - but didn't know.   2014 - poop-out got worse.  2014 sept 20mg, 2014 oct 15mg, 2014 nov 10mg

2014 dec 7.5mg,  2014 dec 23rd crashed.  Dec 24th 10mg - trying to stabilize

2015 Jan Stabilized as much as thought I would, 2015 Jan 9mg, 2015 Late Feb, 8mg, 2015 late Mar 7mg.  22nd May 6.3mg

2015 small "slide" down to 6mg.  19th June 5mg. 15th Aug 4.5mg - slid down to 4mg.  Sept 20th 3.8mg.

2015 gradual decrease between Oct and Nov 10th to 3mg:  Dec between 3-2mg.  2016 Jan15th 2mg  Feb: 1.8mg, somewhere got to 1.6mg.

2016 Feb 25th crashed!  Not sure if sick or WD, back to 2mg.

2016 During March - gradual decrease to 1.8mg, then 1.5mg.  April 19th 1mg

2016 June 8th 0.8mg   July 1st 0.6mg:  Sept 0.4mg (long hold)

2017 Jan 0.2mg

2017 May 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY

Just wanted to chime in and say that for me, the crippling depression and intrusive thoughts started around month 3 or 4 for me (after last dose) and lasted almost 6 months... I didn't realize what was happening to me at the time. Take comfort in knowing that it's just the withdrawal, and that it will pass. You may be a shell of a person for those months, but eventually you'll hit a window.

Sep 2011 - Diagnosed with GAD. Started Lexapro 10 mg. Helped with physical anxiety symptoms.

Nov 2013 - Mother passed away after 6 years of fighting rare neurological disorder.

Mar 2016 - Started tapering. Felt that the Lexapro was causing fatigue and weight gain.

For whatever reason, I alternated b/w days, e.g. 10mg, 5mg, 10mg...

Near end I was taking one 1.25mg dose every 2 weeks (not sure why I did it this way)

Dec 2016 - Finished tapering, Phase I acute symptoms weren't really significant

Apr 2017 - Phase II begins: depression, anxiety, fatigue, depersonalization, cynicism, brain fog, memory issues

Jul 2017 - First real "window" (lasted a few hours only)

Aug 2017 - Found this site

----

Shortening waves and broadening windows since. Lost 30 lbs. Outlook positive thanks to this site.

3 hours ago, eric said:

Just wanted to chime in and say that for me, the crippling depression and intrusive thoughts started around month 3 or 4 for me (after last dose) and lasted almost 6 months... I didn't realize what was happening to me at the time. Take comfort in knowing that it's just the withdrawal, and that it will pass. You may be a shell of a person for those months, but eventually you'll hit a window.

Thanks for that eric.

Even though we read the success stores we need constant reassurance that we will get there.

You feel so browkn during this time. The thoughts and angipuish is relentless.

That stable and solid feeling i had many years ago seems so far away.

2008 (approx) Lexapro 10mg.  2009 attempted cold turkey 5mg for 2 weeks - crash and burn.  2009 back on 10mg.

2012 - pooped out - but didn't know.   2014 - poop-out got worse.  2014 sept 20mg, 2014 oct 15mg, 2014 nov 10mg

2014 dec 7.5mg,  2014 dec 23rd crashed.  Dec 24th 10mg - trying to stabilize

2015 Jan Stabilized as much as thought I would, 2015 Jan 9mg, 2015 Late Feb, 8mg, 2015 late Mar 7mg.  22nd May 6.3mg

2015 small "slide" down to 6mg.  19th June 5mg. 15th Aug 4.5mg - slid down to 4mg.  Sept 20th 3.8mg.

2015 gradual decrease between Oct and Nov 10th to 3mg:  Dec between 3-2mg.  2016 Jan15th 2mg  Feb: 1.8mg, somewhere got to 1.6mg.

2016 Feb 25th crashed!  Not sure if sick or WD, back to 2mg.

2016 During March - gradual decrease to 1.8mg, then 1.5mg.  April 19th 1mg

2016 June 8th 0.8mg   July 1st 0.6mg:  Sept 0.4mg (long hold)

2017 Jan 0.2mg

2017 May 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY

Did you suffer from confusion and disorientation?

Lexapro 1/17 - 3/17 10 mg.  Switched to Elavil 3/27/17 10 mg

Upped to 20 mg June 5, 2017 3 days, back down to 10mg June 8

Up again to 20 mg June 12, 2017 4 days, back down to 10 June 16

9/17 dropped to 9.5 mg

11/17 dropped to 9.3mg

2/18/17 dropped to 8.8 mg

February 14/2018 Adverse reaction to zofran pill at clinic

10/7/19 8.48 mg

12/22/19 7.3 mg, 2/7/20 6.5 mg, 5/23/20 5.84 mg,  5/7/23 .70 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, Meeto said:

Did you suffer from confusion and disorientation?

Yes, it went away. 

• 2 weeks later...

Aeroman, you are my hero.  I'm going through major WD after 20 yrs. of SSRIs, most recently 13 yrs. of Lexapro.  I pray that someday I can write a success story like yours. 

21 years of daily SSRI use in total...

Paxil                                                                                                                                                 1995-1998

Zoloft (50 mg)                                                                                                                                 1998-2002

Lexapro (10 mg)                                                                                                                              2002-2015    (**August 2015, Lexapro “stopped working" after near death of my 1.5 yr. old son**)

Lexapro (15/20 mg) - increasing dose only made SEs worse                                                     Nov 2015 - Mar 2016

Zoloft (25/50 mg) - made derealization worse                                                                            Mar 2016 - Jul 2016

Celexa (20 mg) - made symptoms worse                                                                                    Oct 2016 - Jan 2017

Remeron (7.5 mg) - helped me eat and sleep for 4 nights, then went bad                               Jan 2018 (stopped after 2 weeks)

Lamictal (5.0 mg) - horrific withdrawal                                                                                        Jan 2018 - Oct 2020

TODAY - 100% DRUG FREE 

(Trialed Prozac, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta - severe reaction, couldn't tolerate longer than a few days)

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, robcbar1 said:

Aeroman, you are my hero.  I'm going through major WD after 20 yrs. of SSRIs, most recently 13 yrs. of Lexapro.  I pray that someday I can write a success story like yours. 

Hi Rob!

Yes, you will get there.  It takes time, that't the tough part.

hi Aero,

It's been 8 months now that I quit lexapro I still have no libido no interest in sex. I dont get morning erection evryday and when I have them they are not what they used to be and with soft glans.

I'm really sad I dont know what will help.

2004-2007 paxil

Mostly experiencing PSSD

Dear Aeroman ,have you ever experienced dreams?while attempting to sleep(hypnagogic hallosinations)or before waking up(hypnopompic hallosinations).How are you coping up with the heavy headed ness while occurring these dreams.Any remedy you found?

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:37 AM, rupa said:

Dear Aeroman ,have you ever experienced dreams?while attempting to sleep(hypnagogic hallosinations)or before waking up(hypnopompic hallosinations).How are you coping up with the heavy headed ness while occurring these dreams.Any remedy you found?

In the most severe midst of my own withdrawal recovery from Sertraline (aka Zoloft) I had exactly what you described for a number of months (on the nights where I did sleep a bit). It was very frightening and I questioned my sanity immensely. At the time I was experiencing these things I was not aware that it was from the drug. Try to float with it and remind yourself it is temporary! Listen to Claire Weekes' podcasts online, those helped me to relax enough to accept what was happening at the time. Try to talk kindly to yourself and remember it is temporary! My personal mantras for the worst days are these: "My current situation is not my permanent situation. This too shall pass." And "When thoughts are coming at me thick and fast, they are surely to be withdrawal, unrealistic but temporary, they are NOT the truth." I've prayed a lot as well. I'm not 100% yet but I'm roughly 70% and no longer experience the sleep issues with hypnagia and also somnanbulism etc. I had numerous lucid nightmares to boot. It all went away the more I've stabilised. Best wishes and Aeroman is correct, TIME is really the only remedy for this. I know that's very hard, but it is true. I doubted it but the longer I've been recovering the closer to the real "me" I feel and realize the survivors are right. Trust in time!  I've been into this nearly 18 months now. The first year was awful. These past months have been challenging but I've turned corners just as these survivors have said. Something that helped me to plow forward in this was the fact that I came to realize that in withdrawal we can only think in the present tense. So we see the future in the present tense. But the truth is that the 12th month will not be as bad as the 1st month, the 18th month will not be as bad as the 8th month etc. It keeps getting better. It doesn't feel that way now, but it will, in fact I can't tell you how many times I felt like I was walking up the same flight of stairs only to reach the same level again and again, up and down. It was not until very recently I've felt myself rising up. Does that make sense? The present tense is what scared me the most and it was very difficult to trust in the healing process and leave the problems to time to heal. 

Oh, Bobo, the libido issues!!! As healing has gone on, it's gotten much better! In the beginning, I'd be drained of all sexual stimulation or arousal. I'd feel like I did not want to be touched. Then, around month 14 or so, I was a roaring aggressive cougar with claws and an inability to feel satisfied, it was like being a teen again, where you can go all night or at least you have the desire to. Then I'd revert back to the zero libido and that too would go up and down like the rest of the symptoms but has recently become much steadier. Bobo, my husband went through withdrawal 3 times... He struggled with impotence as well. He healed 150% every time! I understand it is frustrating, but it heals! It will heal! You just need more time. So burn time, this withdrawal has lead me to explore and discover new talents and hobbies as I've been forced to learn and accept patience (not my strong suit by the way), and I've taken up poetry and painting. My interests are not back just yet, at least not noticeably, but I decided hell I'm going to do them anyway! But the more time you burn, you will see as you look back later how fast it went by. In the extreme months of my withdrawal, every second felt like a minute, every minute an hour, every hour a day, every day a month, every month an eternity! But now, looking back, I have 15 going on 16 months under my belt, and I'm much better than at even month 12. So keep going, take it one day, one step, one moment at a time! We are healing!

i remember you from PP. You helped me get through some relationship stuff while in severe WD. Wow time flies. I am now 6 years off. Hope you are well

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

Thank you dear dini84.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

On 25/10/2017 at 7:51 PM, dini84 said:

Oh, Bobo, the libido issues!!! As healing has gone on, it's gotten much better! In the beginning, I'd be drained of all sexual stimulation or arousal. I'd feel like I did not want to be touched. Then, around month 14 or so, I was a roaring aggressive cougar with claws and an inability to feel satisfied, it was like being a teen again, where you can go all night or at least you have the desire to. Then I'd revert back to the zero libido and that too would go up and down like the rest of the symptoms but has recently become much steadier. Bobo, my husband went through withdrawal 3 times... He struggled with impotence as well. He healed 150% every time! I understand it is frustrating, but it heals! It will heal! You just need more time. So burn time, this withdrawal has lead me to explore and discover new talents and hobbies as I've been forced to learn and accept patience (not my strong suit by the way), and I've taken up poetry and painting. My interests are not back just yet, at least not noticeably, but I decided hell I'm going to do them anyway! But the more time you burn, you will see as you look back later how fast it went by. In the extreme months of my withdrawal, every second felt like a minute, every minute an hour, every hour a day, every day a month, every month an eternity! But now, looking back, I have 15 going on 16 months under my belt, and I'm much better than at even month 12. So keep going, take it one day, one step, one moment at a time! We are healing!

Hey Dini, how long did it take your husband to heal sexually? and did he ever have soft glans? 

thank you

2004-2007 paxil

Mostly experiencing PSSD

6 hours ago, rupa said:

Thank you dear dini84.

Any time Rupa! Our recovery is coming. Hold on and take this all moment by moment and give yourself reminders of this fact: We all heal in time and the process is slow but temporary!