Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro

Hi aeroman. 

Hope you are doing great! 

Have you had sensitivity to food, in particular to artificial sweeteners and msg? I am hit by both like 100 times worse than lex since 6 months off lex. Seriously these poisons are taking my life now. 

If so, did it improve over time? 

Hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2018 at 1:39 PM, Tootsieroll said:

Thank you Liamb.  To me it seems imperceptible from my point of view because I am still being hammered with the symptoms daily.  Oh yes I forgot to answer that.  Did I mention I also still have memory issues lol.  I was on meds for almost 10 years and then took 2 years to taper off.  But it was the 2 months use of benzos at the end of my taper that really broke the camels back.  If I could go back in time and redo anything, it would be to never have put a stinkin benzo in my mouth.  Maybe my healing would have been easier.

It is your imagination and nothing else, its your fear, Benzos are Nothing in front of Antidepressants, you have overcome the 10 years on ADs, Benzos for 2 months is actually nothing, take that negative thinking out of your mind, stop thinking about it and make yourself busy, you get busy you forget all those repeating thoughts, In reality you are fine now ! 

1995 to 1997: different antidepressants at maintenance dosages along with benzos 3 times a day.  

1998 to 2000: Citalopram 20mg + Benzo twice daily.

2001 to 2015: Sertraline 50 mg + Alprazolam (half of 0.25 mg once daily which is next to nothing)

2016 to 2017: Sertraline 50 mg + Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 25 mg (NO BENZO)

2017 to 2018: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 50 mg  (NO BENZO)

2018 (Earlier): Olanzapine (Zyprexa) 5 mg + Clonazepam 0.25 mg x 2 daily (7 weeks on Olanzapine was a disaster, antipsychotics are not for panic disorder)

2018 August : Sertraline 50 mg for 20 days (couldn't take it any longer) + Clonazepam.

2018 Sept. 1st week: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 25 mg + Clonazepam 0.25 mg -- 2018 Sept. 2nd week: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 12.5mg +Clonazepam 0.25 mg 

2018 November: Clonazepam 0.50 mg at night (for sleep disturbed by tinnitus)

2019 January to now: Clonazepam 0.25 mg at night and 0.25 mg in the morning.

Remember: Going out for a Walk or for a Change does help, it may take a few days or weeks or months for some, but it definitely helps.

Here is Knowledge for you: The more you Know about your sickness the more bad it is for you, so forget about it !

1 hour ago, Ather said:

It is your imagination and nothing else, its your fear, Benzos are Nothing in front of Antidepressants, you have overcome the 10 years on ADs, Benzos for 2 months is actually nothing, take that negative thinking out of your mind, stop thinking about it and make yourself busy, you get busy you forget all those repeating thoughts, In reality you are fine now ! 

I hope I'm not misreading things and hopefully this message was sent with an encouraging tone.  I didn't find myself in a drooling stupor till I took those benzos and came off them.  Through genetics testing I found out that I have a very rare genetic mutation that puts me in 1% of the population and my capability to detox toxins is turned off.  Therefore, the  benzos were very toxic to me and my body retained it's toxic affects, hence the injury to certain parts of my brain(tested) after that withdrawal.  It is very well known that benzos can have a dependency after even a weeks use.  Big part of why doctor offices here in Canada will not prescribe them or refill scripts, due to its addictive nature.  I think a huge part of it depends on the individuals body chemistry and makeup and I unfortunately were not one of the lucky ones that could take it for short term and not be damaged by it.  Even birth control would be deadly to me.  I'm a very perceptive person and know when my bodies axis has been seriously shifted.  I understand that you are just cheering me to look forward and not dwell but at the same time I don't want other sufferers to think that short term benzo use can't cause damage.  The scale can tip either way.

<p>10 years of ssri and finally tapered off in 2 years. Off Celexa by jan/28/2014 and off benzos by March/6th/2014 after only two months use and still experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

2 hours ago, Tootsieroll said:

I hope I'm not misreading things and hopefully this message was sent with an encouraging tone.  I didn't find myself in a drooling stupor till I took those benzos and came off them.  Through genetics testing I found out that I have a very rare genetic mutation that puts me in 1% of the population and my capability to detox toxins is turned off.  Therefore, the  benzos were very toxic to me and my body retained it's toxic affects, hence the injury to certain parts of my brain(tested) after that withdrawal.  It is very well known that benzos can have a dependency after even a weeks use.  Big part of why doctor offices here in Canada will not prescribe them or refill scripts, due to its addictive nature.  I think a huge part of it depends on the individuals body chemistry and makeup and I unfortunately were not one of the lucky ones that could take it for short term and not be damaged by it.  Even birth control would be deadly to me.  I'm a very perceptive person and know when my bodies axis has been seriously shifted.  I understand that you are just cheering me to look forward and not dwell but at the same time I don't want other sufferers to think that short term benzo use can't cause damage.  The scale can tip either way.

Yes this message was sent in an encouraging tone :) You don't have to go into genetics testing please, You don't know how much testing I went through, Kidneys, Liver, Brain, Thyroid, Parathyroid, cortisol, serotonin, heart,  I made a thick file of my tests, whenever a test result came out a little outside the normal range I would think I was doomed, I was not listening to anyone, not even the most senior doctor could satisfy me, that was the worst period of my life, you will have to get out of this, If you are able you should start walking from today, my prayers are with you, always, English is not my first language I may sound rude but believe me I cry reading posts where beautiful people like you are suffering, I'm very weak cannot see suffering, May God help you come out of this, Aameen.

1995 to 1997: different antidepressants at maintenance dosages along with benzos 3 times a day.  

2001 to 2015: Sertraline 50 mg + Alprazolam (half of 0.25 mg once daily which is next to nothing)

2018 (Earlier): Olanzapine (Zyprexa) 5 mg + Clonazepam 0.25 mg x 2 daily (7 weeks on Olanzapine was a disaster, antipsychotics are not for panic disorder)

2018 August : Sertraline 50 mg for 20 days (couldn't take it any longer) + Clonazepam.

2018 Sept. 1st week: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 25 mg + Clonazepam 0.25 mg -- 2018 Sept. 2nd week: Dosulepin (Prothiaden) 12.5mg +Clonazepam 0.25 mg 

Remember: Going out for a Walk or for a Change does help, it may take a few days or weeks or months for some, but it definitely helps.

Here is Knowledge for you: The more you Know about your sickness the more bad it is for you, so forget about it !

9 hours ago, Tootsieroll said:

I would be very interested about this gene mutation and how is it defined, tested etc. I am afraid I have something equivalent. Seems all these drugs even after short use have left permanent damage, and this all has basically killed me as a human. I would be very happy, if you can send a private message to me. Thank you! 

No, no and no.

The genes are NOT determinants, they do not condemn us to an immovable result. The activation / deactivation of genes depends on many factors, including one's thoughts and beliefs.

Bruce Lipton demonstrated this scientifically (see "The Biology of Belief"). The enormous work of Joe Dispenza goes in the same direction.

But even if Lipton had not proven it scientifically, I would try not to self-condemn myself in that way, please!

Only I enter this site to see success stories and positivity, and I find this **** (apologies for the anger).

Since JUN 2016: Sertraline. Took for 1 year, reduced & removed from 100 mg in 2 months. OFF Sertraline since 11 AUG 2017

-OCT and NOV 2017: Hipericum-St.Johns Worth

-25 DEC 2017: took sertraline 1 pill 50 mg

-Since end DEC 2017: Diazepam 5 mg. Reduced gradually. OFF Diazepam since 30 MAR 2018. 

-Since end DEC 2017: magnesium, omega3. 

Ather- you are not weak.  You are here because you are strong.  Not many people can endure what you have.  Thank you for being encouraging.

zeipii-  I will PM you.

Musk- I’m not sure where the anger is being directed but it was just an account of my personal story and my journey.  It may not apply to anyone else.  I was a very sickly child/young adult and the genetics testing may not be the be all and end all but provides a glimpse of other possibilities.  I wouldn’t condemn myself to immovable results but on the same token wouldn’t condemn myself to the thoughts of naysayers either.

<p>10 years of ssri and finally tapered off in 2 years. Off Celexa by jan/28/2014 and off benzos by March/6th/2014 after only two months use and still experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/20/2018 at 6:55 PM, LexAnger said:

Hi aeroman. 

Have you had sensitivity to food, in particular to artificial sweeteners and msg? I am hit by both like 100 times worse than lex since 6 months off lex. Seriously these poisons are taking my life now. 

If so, did it improve over time? 

Hugs,

Lex

Hello Lex!  No, I had no sensitivity to food....just caffeine actually.  And I am good now.  Yeah, I was not able to handle caffeine but I am 150% good now.  It took me about 3 years maybe?

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

• Moderator Emeritus

Folks.  Give it TIME.  No matter what herb I tried or supplement I tried out, it didnt help.  i am not saying it wont help you. I am just giving you my experience.

Lexparo 10mg user for 2.5 years. Last dose was 2/27/2008 after a fast 1 month taper. Recovered around 2011. Had issues with depression, anxiety, akathasia, inner restlessness, vertigo, insomnia, loss of appetite, eye floaters just to name a few. Basically rode it out, employing the Dr. Claire Weekes method.

Took Cipro in July of 2014 and have been having set backs with nausea, vertigo, anxiety (racing thoughts), and depression the last half of 2014.

Tootsieroll, Thanks for your kind words, my prayers are with you, tell me do you do any physical activity like walk or exercise, whats your age please ?

18 hours ago, Aeroman said:

Folks.  Give it TIME.  No matter what herb I tried or supplement I tried out, it didnt help.  i am not saying it wont help you. I am just giving you my experience.

Did you still get bad waves out at 13 months think I'm in a bad wave now 

18 hours ago, Aeroman said:

Depression deep dark kind is back 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

Did you still get bad waves out at 13 months think I'm in a bad wave now 

absolutely.  Oh yes.  I lived on the SSRI forums and I tried to learn as much as I can.  I validated that I indeed had SSRI w/d and had to accept that I needed to go through this phase in my life.  I wanted it to end.  Yes, that included the thoughts of ending my life.  I was bad.  Very bad.  I went to so many doctors to figure out all of my weird symptoms in 2008.  2008 was year 1 for me.  Loved ones tried to help me.  They all meant well...."get back on the drug" they said.  "How long are you going to put up with this?"  Trust me, I know what you all are going through.  Fear.  Despair.  Lack of patience.  Thoughts that this was forever now.  Am I crazy??

NOPE!!!

That's your mind trying to play tricks.  Don't be bluffed by thoughts.  They are just thoughts!  It is normal under the circumstances.  You will know when you are recovered and not even realize it.

The best way to describe recovery for me is this:  having a bad headache throughout the day....then taking a Tylenol for it....and then hours later, it is gone and you forgot you even had a headache.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

Depression deep dark kind is back 

Yes.  I know the one.  We were best friends for almost 4 years during w/d

13 hours ago, Ather said:

Tootsieroll, Thanks for your kind words, my prayers are with you, tell me do you do any physical activity like walk or exercise, whats your age please ?

And my prayers with you.  Prayers and this forum really got me through the worst moments.  I am 35 and I did do light weights because I experienced muscle atrophy and walked daily at a nearby pond.  However whatever muscle I gained from weights would quickly disappear because my cortisol was still elevated.  So if I went a week without working out muscle wasting would happen.  Also, working out would trigger waves over and over due to the cortisol, so for now I just walk as that is all I can handle.

8 hours ago, Aeroman said:

I wanted it to end.  Yes, that included the thoughts of ending my life.  I was bad.  Very bad.  I went to so many doctors to figure out all of my weird symptoms in 2008.  2008 was year 1 for me.  Loved ones tried to help me.  They all meant well...."get back on the drug" they said.  "How long are you going to put up with this?"  Trust me, I know what you all are going through.  Fear.  Despair.  Lack of patience.  Thoughts that this was forever now.  Am I crazy??

Ugh, you describe withdrawal so well....that is exactly what it is like.  Thank you so much for continuing to come back here to provide support.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg

5 hours ago, Tootsieroll said:

And my prayers with you.  Prayers and this forum really got me through the worst moments.  I am 35 and I did do light weights because I experienced muscle atrophy and walked daily at a nearby pond.  However whatever muscle I gained from weights would quickly disappear because my cortisol was still elevated.  So if I went a week without working out muscle wasting would happen.  Also, working out would trigger waves over and over due to the cortisol, so for now I just walk as that is all I can handle.

You go for a walk and that's very nice to hear, walk around 30 to 40 minutes every day regularly, this helps I can guarantee you that, some time ago I was looking at my body seeing how God has made it, I realized legs were the largest part of our body Alhamdulillah (all praise belongs to Almighty) the next day I started to walk Masha-Allah !

And the other thing is keep yourself positive, whenever a negative thought comes make yourself busy in something do something positive, a very small example is to keep a bowl or two outside for the birds to drink from it and throw something so they can eat too like millet grain or whatever the birds over there like to eat, you can also throw your left over food / bread too, when they eat that food and drink that water you'll feel very satisfied :)

On 9/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Aeroman said:

On 9/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Aeroman said:

Wow 4 years I'll have this for this is crazy 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, Liamb123456 said:

No, not all 4 years were hell.  The first year was the toughest and then it got easier to cope.  Finally, withdrawal became a memory.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:31 PM, Liamb123456 said:

hi liamb - this isn't really to do with your posts. i'm just a little concerned that you have your full postal address in your profile. i know i'm kinda paranoid since quitting the meds but i wouldn't want anyone taking advantage of the fact that they know where you live 😕

Took prozac 40 mg for 20 years.

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Discontinued magnesium citrate 200mg Apr 3rd 2019

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

On 9/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, Aeroman said:

The first year was the toughest and then it got easier to cope.  Finally, withdrawal became a memory.

Hi, I m off 3 years but still cannot feel good emotions and rested head.

I am still waiting to see any window. Started gymming to beat the fatigue... But its been only a week. 

Please tell me what to do.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, bhasski said:

I am still waiting to see any window. Started gymming to beat the fatigue... But its been only a week. 

Hello. At 3 years, I was not feeling much emotions. I cannot tell you what to do. What I can tell you is what I did. And what I did was kill time. Watching movies, living on the internet, puzzles...pretty much anything that can keep my flat mind busy. It eventually goes away. 

11 hours ago, bhasski said:

Give exercise a good two months, do it regularly.

On 9/30/2018 at 12:20 PM, thecowisback said:

hi liamb - this isn't really to do with your posts. i'm just a little concerned that you have your full postal address in your profile. i know i'm kinda paranoid since quitting the meds but i wouldn't want anyone taking advantage of the fact that they know where you live 😕

How do I change that my address

22 hours ago, Aeroman said:

Hello. At 3 years, I was not feeling much emotions. I cannot tell you what to do. What I can tell you is what I did. And what I did was kill time. Watching movies, living on the internet, puzzles...pretty much anything that can keep my flat mind busy. It eventually goes away. 

Thanks. 

I am doing same what you mentioned. I watch TV and supervise the work of  masonry at home.  I lie down, watch news.. My social circle is completely broken... Trying  homeopathy with hope to end in waste again and again

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

5 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

i'm not sure - if you message one of the staff they can tell you 😃

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

19 hours ago, Liamb123456 said:

click on your account in the top right of the screen then go into your profile. top right should be edit profile 😀

36 minutes ago, thecowisback said:

click on your account in the top right of the screen then go into your profile. top right should be edit profile 😀

Did it thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 7:43 PM, LexAnger said:

Thank you aeroman for taking time responding!

Unfortunately, I'm in the deepest water ever, I believe it's from the multiple setbacks one after another in the past 3 months, back injury, mri reaction, and several very severe reactions to msg and aspartame. 10 times worse than my worst months since off lex.

Barely can make through each day in the past 3 weeks and now.

Lex

Hey how are you feeling today since your setbacks 

Hi Aero.

I'm a Lexapro victim. 

Some great advice. Thanks.

Did you work during withdrawal? 

Thanks

Lee.

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Aeroman - I have recovered from Lexapro and Cipro
  • 4 months later...

Aeroman, Aeroman, I'm sure you're living the dream and enjoying life but just about to hit 18 mths here my man and needing some wise words from you to keep my eye on the prize Still home bound and sick as a dog,, I know it's a TIME thing but sheesh, only so much a human can take!

Zoloft: Sometime early in 2014 Three days only. Torture!

Lexapro: Early 2015- Mid 2015 10mg

Lexapro: Mid 2015-March 2017 20mg

Tapered too fast, Withdrawal started through April-June 2017. Told by Doctor that it was rebound anxiety and have now developed MDD

Pristiq: July 2017-October 2017 50mg (total 56 days)

Lexapro: October 2017-October 2017 10mg (6 days)

Lexapro: October 2017-October 2017 20mg (5 days)

COLD TURKEY>>>>>>>>>>>>October 11,2017

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, PSVT said:

Aeroman, Aeroman, I'm sure you're living the dream and enjoying life but just about to hit 18 mths here my man and needing some wise words from you to keep my eye on the prize Still home bound and sick as a dog,, I know it's a TIME thing but sheesh, only so much a human can take!

Hello! Yes, 18 months....I recall reading that SSRI withdrawal recovery was around 18 months. It didn't happen to me but 18 months out was better than Month 4 by far. Any improvements last few months? 

Wow, thanks Aeroman, really wasn't expecting anything so quickly. You're a good man. Thank you.

Well, there is not a lot that is noteworthy regarding improvements. Yes, better than the 6ish mth period but only marginally, and there are fleeting moments of "maybe,just maybe I'll get through this" but they fleeting. Admittedly, Baylissa does say that what I am going through at this time out is normal but given the debilitation still that is a hard pill to swallow (pardon the pun), and to keep holding on as many many people heal in the first 24mths or at the least start getting confirmation and evidence of it.

im just exhausted and over tired waiting for that elusive corner to turn!

Zoloft: Sometime early in 2014 Three days only. Torture!

Lexapro: Early 2015- Mid 2015 10mg

Lexapro: Mid 2015-March 2017 20mg

Tapered too fast, Withdrawal started through April-June 2017. Told by Doctor that it was rebound anxiety and have now developed MDD

Pristiq: July 2017-October 2017 50mg (total 56 days)

Lexapro: October 2017-October 2017 10mg (6 days)

Lexapro: October 2017-October 2017 20mg (5 days)

COLD TURKEY>>>>>>>>>>>>October 11,2017

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/31/2019 at 1:22 AM, PSVT said:

Wow, thanks Aeroman, really wasn't expecting anything so quickly. You're a good man. Thank you.

Well, there is not a lot that is noteworthy regarding improvements. Yes, better than the 6ish mth period but only marginally, and there are fleeting moments of "maybe,just maybe I'll get through this" but they fleeting. Admittedly, Baylissa does say that what I am going through at this time out is normal but given the debilitation still that is a hard pill to swallow (pardon the pun), and to keep holding on as many many people heal in the first 24mths or at the least start getting confirmation and evidence of it.

im just exhausted and over tired waiting for that elusive corner to turn!

Yep, it's been very exhausting I bet. TIME. That's what helped me. I couldn't speed it up with any supplement 

Thank you for taking the time to come back and provide a ton of feedback about your experience Aeroman. I wrote my intro story a while back https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/19501-iowan-introduction-topic/?tab=comments#comment-396200 Much of what you have discussed in your recovery success story resonates with me. How can so many of us suffer from the same withdrawal symptoms and yet these poisons are still pedaled as freely as they are? My withdrawal symptoms are 1,000 times worse than any natural ailment I was ever put on them for in the first place. I've also attempted to get off them more than once too, and have been hospitalized once for it because I didn't know what the Hell was going on. It was just SSRI withdrawal symptoms...

So I'm 9 months into a direct taper from 10mg to 5mg of Lexapro, and man have I paid for making a 50% taper. Following my most recent wave, I ground up my pills and tapered to an actual weight of 5mg on 3/18/19. (5mg pills actually weigh 6 to 6.5mg.) My plan is to taper 1mg every month until I reach 0 in mid August. Well, that's the plan anyway... Heavy withdrawal symptoms set in at 2:30 AM, 4/3/19 and I've been a wreck ever since. Old symptoms that I haven't experienced in my more recent waves, have come back, so I'm sure it's due to my recent taper, and not just another wave. I pray this wave only lasts a few days and lets up, but man it's so hard to convince myself of that when I'm in the actual wave. The past 9 months have been Hell and I'm ready to be 100% off of this poison and get started on actual healing. This is so crippling and I am such a self motivated project oriented person when I'm not enduring a wave of SSRI withdrawal.

I've gone the Naturopathic Dr & remedy route, still take gobs of supplements and vitamins, and have spent a ton of additional $$$ on therapy. I believe the supplements, better diet and exercise, etc. help make my mind and body healthier in general, but I agree with you, TIME is the biggest factor. There's no magic pill or silver bullet that will speed up this process. That's a rough realization for me to accept because I'm such a fixer and problem solver. Ungh!

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to share with us all and I pray you continue moving forward and never experience any of this ever again. I'm in a really bad place right now and it's encouraging to read about how I WILL recover.

1999: Paxil ?? mgai (Paroxetine Hydrochloride) - stopped cold turkey
2001-03: Celexa ?? mgai (Citalopram Hydrobromide) - switched to Lexapro
2003-August 2015: Lexapro 20 mgai (Escitalopram Oxalate) - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 0 mgai
December 2015 - January 2016: Short hospital stay for unknown acute AD WD due to rapid taper
January 2016-February 21, 2016: Prozac ?? mgai (Fluoxetine Hcl) and Wellbutrin ?? mgai (Bupropion Hcl) - switched to Lexapro
February 21, 2016-July 22, 2018: Lexapro 10 mgai  - rapid 5 mgai increment taper down to 5 mgai
July 22, 2018-March 17, 2019: Lexapro 5 mgai - endured horrible waves due to rapid taper
March 17, 2019-April 7, 2019: Lexapro 3.226 mgai - endured horrible wave due to rapid taper
April 7, 2019-April 28, 2019: Lexapro 3.548 mgai - updosed to level out
April 28, 2019: Implemented Brass Monkey Slide taper method (2.5% weekly reduction) - IT’S WORKING!!!
September 2, 2020: Lexapro 0.000 mgai / 0 mgpw / 100% Taper COMPLETE!

• 6 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

checking in...I'm still doing great.  Living and loving life.  You will too.  Hang in there, the best is yet to come for you.