Alice1

Alice1: Lexapro withdrawal

Alice1

@Rhiannon

Thank You Rhi , and thank you Bheb , Guiietta

Leo1983

Hi Guys.

I ALWAYS get very confused by all this stuff.

I was simply told from day 1 on here that basically the drugs cause the way you feel in Withdrawal??

Also the symptoms are all crazy and due to the Iatrogenic damage?????

That NOTHING you do will STOP the symptoms until you heal??

However you can help yourself by been positive, accepting and hopeful...

I get confused as alot i also read here talks about healing by neuroplasticity, nuerons, books etc etc.....

It confuses me. I was never this unwell/mad before medication..... SO do i wait this out accepting or is there more to it 

Cheers 

Alice1
6 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi Guys.

I ALWAYS get very confused by all this stuff.

I was simply told from day 1 on here that basically the drugs cause the way you feel in Withdrawal??

Also the symptoms are all crazy and due to the Iatrogenic damage?????

That NOTHING you do will STOP the symptoms until you heal??

However you can help yourself by been positive, accepting and hopeful...

I get confused as alot i also read here talks about healing by neuroplasticity, nuerons, books etc etc.....

It confuses me. I was never this unwell/mad before medication..... SO do i wait this out accepting or is there more to it 

Cheers 

Hey Leo ,

Its both ..  Wait it out and passively accept .. Reduce stress is all we can do . Its going to take as long as it takes . I've practiced living the best I can while being sick for over 3 years now . I've accepted that fact that this may take possibly a decade or more . I certainly hope not , but the more I distress about how long its taking the worse I feel , and I'm already pretty bad . I CT'd a powerful AD at a high dose though .. 

Altostrata says to control your negative anxious thinking, and calm your nervous system as much as possible ,and be patient . Also, expect recovery .. 

Giak says " It's a 100 little things" that help you heal . 

I certainly believe these two Gals know more about withdrawal than any Doctor selling books .. 

Even though I CT'd I'm still on board with what they say..  What other option do I have ? 

Leo1983

Hi.

Yeh me too i was on the old Lexapro too for 5 month then CT. Im 16 month out and have improved but still have anxiety i never had and that awful thick heavy brain, like my brains a brick. 

Apart from that not too much more. Oh wait i forgot with the thick brain comes Anhedonia feeling, so i have that too. 

Yeh Alto CT too! Paroxetine which is a bad drug. Gia was on lots of meds.....

My mindset is this like a virus or flu. You feel bad and no matter how much paracetamol or cold remedies you take it wont budge until the body fights it and we return to health. 

I have no big mental history however, after i stopped these meds i have the had the biggest in my life. 

I agree with accepting, grounding, CBT ect ect however if all is true and you wait it out, then in my eyes i will return to who i was naturally as a person. ( Which was not who i am now). 

I would have been 1st to the party!!! Now im last or dont even turn up... Thats not me 😔

Leo1983

You say even tho you CT? what options?

Alot of people CT and healed 

Alice1

What I mean is since I CT'd I really don't have any other option other than wait it out while practicing good recovery behaviors .. Which is hard because at some point everyday I get hit HARD with symptoms and its very difficult to keep calm , but they almost always subside later in the day . They do not go away , but they lessen .. I'm not about to reinstate and I'm not going to give up so my only option is wait it out with good practice ..

Alice1

Before withdrawal I was a carpenter . I used to build houses, and remodel old ones . Obviously I couldn't do that anymore, but i have a friend who told me "You have to do something" . Fortunately he owned a pawn shop , and since I was very knowledgeable about jewelry and coins etc I started working there part time . I remember sitting there staring out the window in a completely disconnected state with akathisia counting the seconds til I could go home .I remember thinking how my life was ruined ..

We do jewelry repair at the shop , but we have to send it out to another jeweler . This is a real pain . We actually have a bench with all the tools a jeweler would need . So, I started dabbling with it . Watching videos on YouTube on jewelry repair , sizing rings , etc . Well today ( about 2 years later ) I am totally immersed in it. I have actually repaired several items , and I am now sizing rings ( Sterling . Gold is my next goal ) . My friend who owns the shop is extremely pleased, and has granted me the money to get whatever I need to excel in the industry . I've even increased my hours .

I mentioned to somebody today that " Neurons that fire together wire together" , and when I'm at my bench working on a particular piece I can actually feel this happening . Yes I am still quivering with agitation and akathisia but my mind is totally focused on the work I'm doing .. Plus , whenever my mind says "oh no, you're in acute wd" its very easy to acknowledge it and then continue to focus on what I'm doing .. I also come home with something else on my mind other than wd . Like , what I will work on tomorrow , or what can I do to better myself , or what can I learn tomorrow .. 

Don't get me wrong . It's still a constant struggle , and a tug-o war , but its a start .

I've also started walking a little again . However my timing sucks because its getting cold. I have a new friend on here who is a veteran in the community , and he's taught me a bit about expressive writing or journaling ..It really does help .. I write down my thoughts and feelings , and I seem to forget them for a little while .. 

So that's my plan ..

Gridley
15 minutes ago, Alice1 said:

I am totally immersed in it.

That is great news, Alice1!