SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ pax80a: Hello and 5 year off update...

pax80a

LINK:  pax80a's Success Story

Hi guys! Well done alto for creating your own forum! I've been to the other recently and it's totally different, for the worst, unfortunately.

Quick presentation and update.

Started on diazepam 10mg for a cervical pain and a month later i couldn't stop it, felt dizzy and very nervous (never knew about anxiety/panic/depression before this) [i was completely healthy back then].

I kept taking it for a year and decided to go to a doctor to help me stop this and he prescribed seroxat 20mg. The first pill almost killed me, went back to the doc and he suggested that I had to cut it by half and increase gradually.

It was doing it's job at 10mg, but then increased to 20mg and was feeling awesome, saw things clearer and was much less nervous. In a few months I started to feel the electric-shock sensation and was bleeding everywhere, in my gut, in my nose.

This was when I found PP and got a lot of support then and was able to go through double withdrawal. Accupuncture helped a lot during the process.

When i reached 10mg seroxat stopped working and hell broke loose. decided to go up to 20mg, stabilise and taper more slowly.

At October 2006 i was drug free and felt great for 4 months. Wd symtpoms came full force at this time and endured a long hard road.

Had some great windows but also dark windows. My biggest problem was agoraphobia and increased anxiety, was bed ridden for a year, couldnt go out, couldnt even go to the bathroom. the time went by and felt a lot better at the 2,5 year mark...

I was very angry at my doc and paxil and gsk etc... I kept focusing on this and couldnt live my life. That was when i found reiki, I had a few reiki sessions and the anxiety lessened, i started to forget seroxat, docs and all the anger i had, it simply was gone. I was so great that i was able to work as a teacher in 2009.

In stressful days i carried a benzo with me to cut the edge off anxiety, i only needed 1/4 of it every month or so. This year, the stupid little benzo was making me sick, but only now i realised it stopped working... It stopped working on april this year and had been feeling sick ever since. My anxiety is increasing, I'm becoming afraid of going out again, and i'm so afraid to go through this entire process again...

What can i do now? I've been through this and don't want to do this again. I'm able to take vitamins and stuff. Any suggestions?

PS: Seroxat withdrawal and diazepam is over for me.

PS2: I'm going through a lot of stress, I'm having a thesis presentation next month.

PS3: I did a stress test + echo recently which showed a mild mitral valve prolapse.

Great to see you here again!

Edited by ChessieCat
added link to success topic

Hi Pax! Welcome to the forum. This is a much better atmosphere and help than that other forum. I was there for a couple months before they barred me for stupid things.

I've had great success with Reiki too. My mom is a Reiki Master and has been a true Godsend.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this again. Can you get more Reiki?

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Hello shanti! I read some of your posts on the other site and I totally relate to your beliefs. (didnt know you have been banned though).

I have reiki 2 level, I can feel it working on others but it's not working so well on me, maybe i need to practise harder.

I know some people who got rid of their medication through faith, reiki and other energy healing therapies.

My reiki master is envolved in prana, om healing, etc...

She says (and is not the only person to say it) I'm a sensitive, kind of lightworker, (don't know the correct term in english) and I will get better when i start helping people.

I'm a level 2 practitioner too. I'm not near as good as my mom, who is Reiki Master. She is offering free Reiki to anyone on here that wants it. I'll give her your name and info and when she does her Reiki in the evening, she can add you to the list :)

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I can send distance healing too but i don't know if it works :blink:

I'm sure it will only help :) and I'd be grateful!

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Are you still at that other forum? If so, can you do me a huge favor? Can you pm KittyQ and tell her I was banned and that I'm thinking of her and keeping her in my prayers? And send her my email address? I'll send it to you in pm. I tried to regester there incognito to do it but they were on to me. :angry:

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

Welcome, pax.

On one hand, I'm glad to see you again. On the other hand, so sorry your anxiety has been renewed by, apparently, a paradoxical reaction to the benzo.

Your anxiety over the thesis probably contributes to this. Can you postpone the thesis?

Shanti, please send a thank you to your mother for her kind offer to people suffering on this site.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi alto!

If I postpone the presentation I will have the same anxiety, what i hope is that the anxiety decreases after this event, if it doesnt I don't know what else to do. this benzo (victan) is now making me sick.

Hey Paulo,

WELCOME my friend, great to have you here, and many thanxs to you for telling your story, so sorry your having probs and in wd from your benzo tho buddy,

but great your here just the same.

REIKI, consider it done my friend, anything you need in that department--------- just name it anytime, only too willing to help out.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

• Administrator

So you're not taking the benzo any more? When did you stop?

PS Mild mitral valve prolapse is very common, so common, it might not even exist. Don't worry about it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I was glad to hear from Kitty. Glad to hear she's doing okay and now she has my email and can keep in contact. Thank you Pax :) and thank you for the Reiki. I'll send you some along with my mom too.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

I'm still taking it I take half every 3/4 days now.

How is it making you sick?

I was glad to hear from Kitty. Glad to hear she's doing okay and now she has my email and can keep in contact. Thank you Pax :) and thank you for the Reiki. I'll send you some along with my mom too.

Thanks Shanti!

Alto, it gives me a strange sensation in the stomach, very hard to describe, i feel it's inflamed and makes me feel very weak.

• Administrator

Does it do you any good? Perhaps you should stop taking it, or reduce dosage?

• Administrator

Take smaller doses to taper off.

• Administrator

If you're taking it occasionally and not addicted to it, there's no need to switch to another benzo.

Victan has a very long half-life http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethyl_loflazepate similar to diazepam (Valium) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valium

I'm thinking you are having rebound anxiety every few days as the benzo wears off.

• Administrator

Try reducing the dosage slightly next time you take it, then another slight reduction the next time, until you're off.

Decreased dosage should decrease the rebound, I'm guessing.

• 3 years later...
  • Administrator

pax80's recovery success story is here pax80a: paroxetine and diazepam survivor

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management