Hazel

Hazel: struggling with Paxil to Prozac bridge

Hazel
On 9/14/2018 at 8:39 PM, Rosetta said:

I'm really glad you are feeling better!

Thanks Rosetta.

I’ve actually been having more anxiety over the past week or so.  Don’t know why?  Could be Paxil withdrawal kicking in-who knows?  

It just sucks.

Carmie

Hi Hazel, 

Just checking in to see how you’re doing with the anxiety. 

Sending hugs🤗

Hazel
22 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Hi Hazel, 

Just checking in to see how you’re doing with the anxiety. 

Sending hugs🤗

Thanks Carmie.

I’m doing a little better.  Still not where I’d like to be, but hanging in there and seeing some improvement with the anxiety.  Yesterday was a prett Good day, but today the anxiety has been up and down.  It sure is a tiring and frustrating process to go through!

Carmie
16 minutes ago, Hazel said:

Thanks Carmie.

I’m doing a little better.  Still not where I’d like to be, but hanging in there and seeing some improvement with the anxiety.  Yesterday was a prett Good day, but today the anxiety has been up and down.  It sure is a tiring and frustrating process to go through!

Hi again Hazel, 

Glad to hear you’re a little better. Yes, this journey is up, down, up, down! It’s good to hear though that you’re having some breaks inbetween now. It shows that your brain is trying very hard to heal. It is healing, it’s just a slow process. We will all get there in the end. 

Sending sunshine your way☀️☀️☀️

Carmie

Hi Hazel, 

How have you been doing? Are you still a little better? How is your anxiety going?

Sending hugs🤗

Hazel
2 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi Hazel, 

How have you been doing? Are you still a little better? How is your anxiety going?

Sending hugs🤗

Hi Carmie,

I am still feeling better overall.  I get up and down days where the anxiety hits, but I do feel I am making some steps in the right direction.

Thanks for checking in with me.  I hope you are doing well🤗

Carmie
19 hours ago, Hazel said:

Hi Carmie,

I am still feeling better overall.  I get up and down days where the anxiety hits, but I do feel I am making some steps in the right direction.

Thanks for checking in with me.  I hope you are doing well🤗

Hi Hazel, 

So glad to hear you’re still feeling better overall. Here’s to more moving in the right direction.

Sending hugs🤗

Carmie

Hi Hazel, Just wanted to say I hope you’re continuing to do well.

Sending hugs🤗

DaveB

Any update? How are you Hazel?

Hazel
15 hours ago, DaveB said:

Any update? How are you Hazel?

Hi Dave,

I am happy to report that I have been doing much better the past few days.  I am hoping this means I am finally stabilizing on the citalopram.

How have you been!

DaveB
2 hours ago, Hazel said:

Hi Dave,

I am happy to report that I have been doing much better the past few days.  I am hoping this means I am finally stabilizing on the citalopram.

How have you been!

That is so great, what dose are you on? I am still doing about the same unfortunately, not sure what stability would even feel like at this point.

Hazel
9 hours ago, DaveB said:

That is so great, what dose are you on? I am still doing about the same unfortunately, not sure what stability would even feel like at this point.

I am working on getting to 15mg. right now I am at 14.  I plan to hold and stay at 15 for a good long while.  

I would love to be stable and stay like that for at least a year before attempting to taper agin.  I am in need of a long break from anxiety after the hell I went through over the summer.  

I get how it feels like there is no relief in sight.  I didn’t feel like I would ever stabilize on paroxetine, so made a big gamble by switching to citalopram.  Thankfully, I am doing better on it than the paroxetine.  

I’m no expert, and have no idea if a switch would be an option for you, but maybe it’s something to think about at this point.  I’ve also used lorazepam on occasion to get me through the really tough days.  After suffering as bad as I did this summer, I realized I needed to do what I needed to do to get better even if it means going on a different medication and taking an occasional benzo to get through the day.

I am now back at my old job and able to live my life and actually enjoy it as well.

I believe you will get there too.

Never give up hope.  I know how bad the anxiety sucks, but believe it will eventually end even if you just hold and wait for things to settle down.  It won’t be like this forever.  Hang in there and know you are supported by so many people here who care about you😊

Hazel

wantrelief

I am so glad you are feeling better, Hazel!  :)

Hazel
7 hours ago, wantrelief said:

I am so glad you are feeling better, Hazel!  :)

Thank you!