Paxil during pregnancy and heart problems

patrickhahn

If you or a loved one gave birth to a child with a heart defect after taking Paxil (paroxetine, Seroxat) while pregnant, email me and we''ll talk. I am a free-lance writer specializing in medical harm. My email address is patrickhahn (at) hotmail.com. 

I have never taken psychiatric medicines. I am a freelance writer specializing in medical harm.

http://patrickhahn5.wixsite.com/meliponula 

• Moderator Emeritus

Patrick, this is a very important topic; thank you for addressing it. 

Please let us know if you need any information on other aspects of Paxil iatrogenic harm. I would be happy to help out. 

Current: 2019: 0.04 mg Paxil!! This is real. Soon, after taking Paxil my entire adult life, I will be free.

Long story short: After 18 years on Paxil, "tapered" almost completely off over a month, at doctor's advice in July 2015.

Self-care includes magnesium, reasonable exercise, mindfulness, this forum and nutrition/eating enough food.

Also on 100 mg Zoloft unfortunately!! (which I now will have the knowledge to taper properly)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longer version: On Paxil since 1996--anxiety & depression caused by (undiagnosed) under-eating / eating disorder.

Doctor kept increasing dose, up to 60 mg; it never really helped but said it really was the best "med" for me.

Rapid doctor-led "taper" July 2015, down to 5 mg, with Zoloft as a "cross-taper" = Essentially a cold turkey. 

Severe withdrawal but didn't know it; believed it was my "underlying condition," and kept tapering, 5mg to 4 to 3  to 2 to 1.  

Feb 2016: Found SA! As of June 2016, tapering from 1mg at rate of 5-10% per month, Brassmonkey Slide! 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy