realizer: Tapered too aggressively off Zyprexa / olanzapine

realizer

On 18/10/2017 at 4:08 AM, realizer said:

I have been dissolving 5mg Olanzapine tablets with room temperature water in what resembles small coffee creamers. Using pestle I crush them and facilitate dissolution by slightly shaking and turning the object around.

I can't say whether Olanzapine helps me feel better or worse because there are other factors involved like my life is not where I would want it to be and once in a while problems emerge that make me feel from bad to awful like almost complete bottom (anxiety, panic, depression, suicidal thoughts). If my life was the way I want it then it would be easier to track how medication affects me. I know however that it causes me to gain weight so that's the first reason I decided to taper.

I am currently at 1.9 mg from 2.5mg and I take medication in the evening at 7PM. I wonder if this is optimal time to take it and at what time others in this forum take that medication? Is there doctor recommended time or you take it at a time you set?

Thanks.

I used to take my medication at bedtime - 9pm. Within a half hour I would be asleep. Most ppl take it at bedtime b/c of the sedative effects. 

I bought a scale and was weighing the pills and cutting them with a blade. That was much easier than trying to suspend it in water. Other ppl use a solution to dissolve it into. You need to research it on this site. 

Just look up tapering olanzapine. 

Dec 2016 Risperidone 1 mg, Seroquel 25mg, Latuda 40mg 

Jan - Mar 2017 Paliperidone (invega) 6 -9mg, Zoloft, Mirtazapine, Proprananol, Ativan

Mar - Apr 2017 Aripiprazole (abilify) 10 mg

Apr 2017 - July 2017 Olanzapine (zyprexa) 5 mg tapered to 0mg

Oct 2017 - Present Effexor 37.5mg and Prozac 10mg 

• 1 month later...

For 2 weeks I have been off Olanzapine 1.7mg because doc prescribed Abilify 2.5mg

I noticed it makes me feel better overall however a few side-effects that affect my quality of life:

1. I don't sleep well. It's hard for me to fall asleep. There was one day in that time frame where I managed to sleep 6 hours or so and felt good. Sometimes I would sleep 3 hours, wake up and sleep again for 2 hours minutes later. But majority of time 3-4 hours, is what I get and I feel kind of tired. I developed slightly dark circles around my eyes because of lack of enough sleep I guess. When I took Olanzapine I would be falling asleep so easy, I would be able to take nap too and none of that I can do now. I would also sleep more than usual too but it's slight side-effect.

2. I think I have muscle twitches which are mentioned in medication's leaflet. But I am not sure whether these should happen when one is aware and not asleep. I have these when I just about to fall asleep and this wakes me up too. I could have these twitches before too but could not tell if it's true because I was effortlessly falling asleep with Olanzapine.

Anyone here who is off Olanzapine and had these things to them? Does this forum has posts about insomnia caused by stopping Olanzapine?

02/15/17 - 03/24/17 ► Started taking Zyprexa (Olanzapine) 5mg
03/25/17 - 04/02/17 ► Between 5mg (5 days) and 2.5mg (4 days) 
04/03/17 - 04/09/17 ► Between 5mg (3 days), 2.5mg (3 days) and 1 day off
04/10/17 - 04/16/17 ► Down to 1.25mg (5 days) and 2 days off
04/17/17 - 04/20/17 ► At 1.25mg (days) and 1 day off

04/21/17 - 05/20/17 ► Down to 1.25mg every day

05/21/17 - 05/29/17 ► Upped to 2.5mg every day

05/30/17 - 06/30/17 (today) ► Down to 2.1mg with water, using syringe for accuracy

07/01/17 - 07/31/17 (today) ► Down to 1.9mg with water, using syringe for accuracy

08/01/17 - 10/01/17 (today) ► Down to 1.6mg with water, using syringe for accuracy

10/02/17 - 10/18/17 (today) ► Upped to 1.8mg, crushed with water, using syringe for accuracy

Medication is normally taken at ~7PM.