SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Sunnyday: go back up in dosage?

Sunnyday

23 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

More pain today (but bearable). 

I got called back by the psychiatric hospital today 9 months later than they said they would get back. The first thing he said was that I was ''coming there for medication, correct?''. When I was there I told her the opposite, that I would be willing to try anything but medication. 

I decided to agree to an appointment because I need some kind of economical support, but I don't know how to go about it. Doctors are difficult when they don't understand what's going on.

Hi Sunnyday, So sorry to hear that. But for me, i really loss my confidence of this so call psychiatric because of them i take AD and benzo. They just keep repeating give medicine like a candle and keep changing doses like merry go around. These will ended up, ourself is suffer and have to forced took it the rest of our life. Take it such a easy but when come off really need strong mind and effort. Withdrawals made us strong but also suffer and painful that we only know. Mostly doctor doesnt know much about withdrawals and not even believe can take so long time of healing (myself talk to some doctors but none they know or believe) i hope you just going to see a doctor for some advice but please dont take any psychiatric medicine. Before you take any please checking and do some search properly. Take care and hugs.

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, So sorry to hear that. But for me, i really loss my confidence of this so call psychiatric because of them i take AD and benzo. They just keep repeating give medicine like a candle and keep changing doses like merry go around. These will ended up, ourself is suffer and have to forced took it the rest of our life. Take it such a easy but when come off really need strong mind and effort. Withdrawals made us strong but also suffer and painful that we only know. Mostly doctor doesnt know much about withdrawals and not even believe can take so long time of healing (myself talk to some doctors but none they know or believe) i hope you just going to see a doctor for some advice but please dont take any psychiatric medicine. Before you take any please checking and do some search properly. Take care and hugs.

I agree completely, and I won't be taking any more medication regularly. I have been considering diazepam to have at home to get past the worst obstacles when it comes to my social anxiety like I have done before, but otherwise I feel like they won't be able to help me much apart from the economical aspect. I have no money so this is a last resort kind of thing, I despise begging for money like this but I feel like it would be more irresponsible not to try because of too much pride. 

Sorry for the rambling, and thanks for the support! Hugs.

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.

9 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

I agree completely, and I won't be taking any more medication regularly. I have been considering diazepam to have at home to get past the worst obstacles when it comes to my social anxiety like I have done before, but otherwise I feel like they won't be able to help me much apart from the economical aspect. I have no money so this is a last resort kind of thing, I despise begging for money like this but I feel like it would be more irresponsible not to try because of too much pride. 

Hi, Sunnyday, one of my biggest problems is social anxiety. I went to the funeral of an old friend , yesterday. It caused me enormous anxiety because I knew that there would be lots of people there who I hadn’t seen in a long, long time. I also knew that it would be a full house, which it was, with standing room only at the crematorium. Tha wake afterwards was crowded and there was a lot of drinking taking place. I’m an alcoholic so I cannot use that drug to ease my anxiety. Anyway, I faced it and got through it and the strange part about it is that the vast majority of my anxiety has taken place before and after the event. During the funeral and wake I coped fairly well. Today I feel like absolute **** !!!! As if I have been through some traumatic event. 

My big hope in all all of this is meditation. I believe that if I can practice meditation and become calmer in general that it will transfer to all areas of my life including events like yesterday. That’s my hope anyway.

Good luck

Steve

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin. May 2. 2018. 50mgs and 25 mgs alternate nights

Dosulepin. May 27 2018. 50 mgs per night ( increased )

Dosulepin. July 11 2018. 45 mgs per night

Dosulepin. August 13 2018  40 mgs per night

Dosulepin  October 10 2018. 37.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin. October. 24 2018. 35 mgs per night

Dosulepin. December 5 2018. 32.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Dosulepin February 27  28 mgs per night

13 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Hi Sunnyday, im understand that but becareful of diazepam (benzo). Diazepam got long half life can stay inside body for longer hours but these is very addictive and very difficult to come off if your body already tolerated it.  Please avoid it.  Im really dont want you become addictive after so hard to coming off AD. Both really got side effects and withdrawals really like a hell. Take care and hugs.

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, Steve61 said:

Hi, Sunnyday, one of my biggest problems is social anxiety. I went to the funeral of an old friend , yesterday. It caused me enormous anxiety because I knew that there would be lots of people there who I hadn’t seen in a long, long time. I also knew that it would be a full house, which it was, with standing room only at the crematorium. Tha wake afterwards was crowded and there was a lot of drinking taking place. I’m an alcoholic so I cannot use that drug to ease my anxiety. Anyway, I faced it and got through it and the strange part about it is that the vast majority of my anxiety has taken place before and after the event. During the funeral and wake I coped fairly well. Today I feel like absolute **** !!!! As if I have been through some traumatic event. 

My big hope in all all of this is meditation. I believe that if I can practice meditation and become calmer in general that it will transfer to all areas of my life including events like yesterday. That’s my hope anyway.

Good luck

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for coming here and telling me this. It's motivating to hear others overcoming similar obstacles, even if it was rough for you after. It can be extremely exhausting.

You're right, meditation is great. I have been so bad at keeping the routine going this last month but I really should try harder. It has helped me before. How do you cope in situations you know are inevitable but the fear is unbeliavable, do you have any strategies? I know there are several things I need to do soon but I am very scared. It feels silly to describe social situations as frightening but they really are to me.

Thanks and good luck to you too.

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, im understand that but becareful of diazepam (benzo). Diazepam got long half life can stay inside body for longer hours but these is very addictive and very difficult to come off if your body already tolerated it.  Please avoid it.  Im really dont want you become addictive after so hard to coming off AD. Both really got side effects and withdrawals really like a hell. Take care and hugs.

Yes Miracle, you're right. I know it's a very dangerous drug, but I have managed taking it ca one time every two months (so no risk of getting addicted I think) before to get over the worst situations. I would never take it regularly because I know the harm it can do, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else using it like this either. I still haven't decided, thinking about it a lot.

Thank you for caring, hugs.

Ps. I also know no one here could or should encourage me to take it, it's my own risk and choice. I will write about it here if and when I do of course. 

4 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Hi Steve, thanks for coming here and telling me this. It's motivating to hear others overcoming similar obstacles, even if it was rough for you after. It can be extremely exhausting.

You're right, meditation is great. I have been so bad at keeping the routine going this last month but I really should try harder. It has helped me before. How do you cope in situations you know are inevitable but the fear is unbeliavable, do you have any strategies? I know there are several things I need to do soon but I am very scared. It feels silly to describe social situations as frightening but they really are to me.

Thanks and good luck to you too.

Yes, Sunny, social situation can be unbelievably frightening for me as well. Makes no sense, logically, I can think it through and reason that there is nothing to be frightened of but it makes no difference, I still get into a panic. I haven’t really found any answers, Sunny. I know that I can’t seem to think my way out of the fear so it’s meditation, deep breathing, trying to relax myself the best I can. My big hope is ,that if I meditate consistently , I will become calmer in all areas of my life.

As for the Valium, that would be a big no,no for me. I’m an alcoholic and an addict and so Valium is too much of a risk for me.I could quickly become addicted.

Goid luck

Steve

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

• Moderator Emeritus

@Steve61 I feel the same way. It's like an on and off switch with the fear no matter how I try to reason about it. I find that thinking as little as possible and just say yes right away to things without hesitation is effective sometimes (but scary). 

I think meditating regularly will help to some extent. So that's a good plan and I have to try to remember it myself as well. 

Best to stay away from the drugs if possible yes.

Thanks and good luck to you too!

• Moderator Emeritus

I felt I wanted to mention this, might be a long post. I'm not saying this in a complaining manner, I mostly want to keep it as a record in the future when (I'm sure) I feel fine and should forget. I also want to add my voice to the bunch that already mentioned this. In other words it has been mentioned before.

TLDR; Many health issues out of nowhere, doctors listening and believing people's experiences is important. 

It wanted to say how ridiculous it is to me how many health issues I've gotten this past year. I was generally a very healthy person before and I never worry about getting sick, but I think my general health has taken a toll from all this. I'm guessing it's like a chain reaction that results in my health deteriorating. What I mean by that is that I haven't been able to sleep properly, exercise, socialize or relax for over a year, probably like most of the people here, which I think worsens what was possibly already bad from the WD.

There's also the obstacle with doctors who won't be taking you seriously just because of the amount of problems you have all at the same time and there are no apparent circumstances that would make it probable or logical from the doctor's POV it seems, unless you want to mention the WD but that's risky. I've been 3 times to the hospital the last 5 months for I think 3 different problems (I don't easily visit the doctor either unless I feel it's very necessary so that's a lot for me) and it has been pointless because I can't say that I have gotten proper help for any of them. The things that have gotten somewhat better I've improved on my own. I'm trying to focus on home remedies and make the best of it but I suspect not all things can be solved this way. 

The most frustrating part for me is that it infiltrates other parts of life. Several of these issues make it harder for me to try to work on my social anxiety because I become more housebound even on the days I feel mentally prepared to challenge myself.

To remember and to ''strengthen'' my point I guess I could mention the biggest issues I have now that I can think of off the top of my head:

Confirmed skin infection

Really bad and also confirmed gastric catarrh/hiatal hernia (resulting in some problematic symptoms like having to cough up a lot of mucus everytime I eat and a very upset and painful stomach, I try to avoid eating away from home because of this).

Low blood sugar, very sensitive.

PGAD.

''General'' pain that I have no explanation for mainly in legs, back and arms. Feels like growing pains.

Tics is related to the anxiety I think and easier to explain but it is a very intrusive symptom.

I suspect endometriosis and so did a doctor and a nurse, going to check this soon hopefully

I'm also losing weight and my hair.

I can manage (some of you have it much worse than me and I can only imagine how that is) and I'm sure it will get better over time but I think it's worth talking about. Doctors taking withdrawal seriously would help all this a lot, just to not feel so lost and not having to leave out a possibly big contributor everytime you talk to them.

Ps. I'm not saying all these problems are because of the withdrawal, because I can't possibly know that, but apart from a sensitive stomach I've never had any persistent or big health issues before and all these I have now seemed to come out of nowhere.

Hi Sunnyday, So sorry to hear about this all. Even for myself i also have such similiar problem.... Legs, hands and body pain i havent had before. I always got hands , legs numbness feeling , pain and feel joint pain too. So unbelievable for this medicine can made us like this and i cannot imagine how bad and damage our body and brain. My heart always racing and papitation made me confused and believe myself got heart attack or stroke...(but i do ECG more than 3 times show nothing)...but i dont know is this withdrawal caused or health problem....nobody can give me an answer. Admitted to hospital.......come back with empty hand and all seem normal. Curious .....suffering keep repeating evey days to months. So sorry i cant help you but hope i can give you my support words. Wishing you all your problem will get solve and healing is on your way. Be strong and take care, my friend. Love and hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, So sorry to hear about this all. Even for myself i also have such similiar problem.... Legs, hands and body pain i havent had before. I always got hands , legs numbness feeling , pain and feel joint pain too. So unbelievable for this medicine can made us like this and i cannot imagine how bad and damage our body and brain. My heart always racing and papitation made me confused and believe myself got heart attack or stroke...(but i do ECG more than 3 times show nothing)...but i dont know is this withdrawal caused or health problem....nobody can give me an answer. Admitted to hospital.......come back with empty hand and all seem normal. Curious .....suffering keep repeating evey days to months. So sorry i cant help you but hope i can give you my support words. Wishing you all your problem will get solve and healing is on your way. Be strong and take care, my friend. Love and hugs.

Hi Miracle. I am convinced this is temporary and when we feel better the health will follow along, that's what I truly believe. Thank you for the support and I really hope your symptoms will get better soon as well. Heart palpitations for example seems to be very common in our situation and mostly harmless, but they can be very uncomfortable.

I hope I didn't create any worry in you or anyone else with my earlier post. I considered removing it if it does have that effect on people reading it. I did it because these introduction threads are supposed to work as a record I believe so I think it was very relevant.

Hugs and take care!

Hi my friend, Just wanna to checking in to see how was your progress. Hope everything will be fine and well for you. Take care and hugs.

Hi Sunnyday, How are you? Just wanna to know how about your progress and health matter....hope everything will be fine for you. Hugs and take care.🤗

Hi Friend, How are you lately?...Hope i really can hear from your news?Take care.

Hi, Sunnyday. Hope that you are okay. I was reading back over my own thread and you dropped by at one point and encouraged and advised me. Just thinking of you and sending you love in your recovery. 

Steve x

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Miracle123 and @Steve61, thank you for checking on me. 

I left for one week to visit some relatives in another part of the country, which was very stressful but I did it to challenge my social anxiety. It was very difficult at times and I can't say that I enjoyed it (I was too nervous and anxious most of the time) but I'm glad I did it. Over all it has been a rollercoaster emotionally, but I'm still having a lot more good days now than before and I'm so thankful for it. 

I've also started to go swimming a few times a week, to get exercise but also another way to challenge myself socially. It's very hard some days but the fact that I enjoy it makes it bearable. The only thing that seems to have flared up again is the tics for some strange reason, not sure why but there are worse symptoms to have.

Hope both of you are doing okay! And anyone else reading this as well. Take care.

• Moderator Emeritus

PGAD seems to be completely gone! It has been a while but I wanted to be sure before I made an update. I'm not assuming it will be gone permanently because if it comes back that will be disappointing. I'm just glad it's gone right now.

Like I said above tics has gotten worse again, mainly in hands but also feet and other areas. Mostly in the evening, not sure why it's getting worse now. The only thing I'm doing differently is more exercise, but that should help to minimize tics from what I've read.

The other health issues are somewhat under control (more or less) at the moment.

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

PGAD seems to be completely gone! It has been a while but I wanted to be sure before I made an update. I'm not assuming it will be gone permanently because if it comes back that will be disappointing. I'm just glad it's gone right now.

Like I said above tics has gotten worse again, mainly in hands but also feet and other areas. Mostly in the evening, not sure why it's getting worse now. The only thing I'm doing differently is more exercise, but that should help to minimize tics from what I've read.

The other health issues are somewhat under control (more or less) at the moment.

Glad to hear the PGAD has gone Sunnyday, 

Great to get those windows n let’s hope it’s gone for good. 

I hope the tics subside a bit soon. Doing too much exercise can actually ramp up the CNS. I’m not sure but maybe that’s what’s making it worse. The only way you could find out is to cut down the exercise a little. 

Sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Hi Sunnyday, im so happy hear from your good news. Hope this PGAD will gone for permanent and wont come back. Thinking of you so much.😁

Hi @Miracle123 and @Steve61, thank you for checking on me. 

I left for one week to visit some relatives in another part of the country, which was very stressful but I did it to challenge my social anxiety. It was very difficult at times and I can't say that I enjoyed it (I was too nervous and anxious most of the time) but I'm glad I did it. Over all it has been a rollercoaster emotionally, but I'm still having a lot more good days now than before and I'm so thankful for it. 

Have a short break its awesome and even though you hit hard by waves but its seem you can handling better without spoil your moody. Well done my friends. Im really understand the feeling when go for short trip but didnt enjoyed it at all. Remember this will be over and just a temporary. We can ride though out the waves and see sunlight. i always keep believe it.Hang in there and take care too. Love and sending you my big big hugs🤗

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sunnyday, 

Just popping by to see how you’re doing. You did well visiting relatives in another part of the country despite the social anxiety. I’m so sorry you have social anxiety, that must be very hard for you. 

Are you still swimming? I loooooove water. Just make sure you don’t overdo it as it can ramp up the CNS. When I was down the Coast a couple of months ago with friends I had a lovely time in a heated pool helping young ones to swim. I was actually down the Coast at my sister’s place the other week n I took a tram to the beach but had no strength to go in the water n I was really anhedonic. 

Nevertheless, I think it’s still important to get out in nature no matter how one is. 

Wishing you all the best💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Hi Sunnyday, wanna to come in to see how was your progress. Hope everything fine and you are doing well. Thinking of you and hugs❤️🤗

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 10/19/2018 at 3:22 AM, Carmie said:

Hi Sunnyday, 

Just popping by to see how you’re doing. You did well visiting relatives in another part of the country despite the social anxiety. I’m so sorry you have social anxiety, that must be very hard for you. 

Are you still swimming? I loooooove water. Just make sure you don’t overdo it as it can ramp up the CNS. When I was down the Coast a couple of months ago with friends I had a lovely time in a heated pool helping young ones to swim. I was actually down the Coast at my sister’s place the other week n I took a tram to the beach but had no strength to go in the water n I was really anhedonic. 

Nevertheless, I think it’s still important to get out in nature no matter how one is. 

Wishing you all the best💚

Hi Carmie, thank you. The social anxiety is becoming my biggest issue, but with less intense withdrawal nowadays it is easier to challenge it so that's what I'm trying to do on my good days.

I'm still swimming, I love it. I think you might be right though about the exercise making the tics worse. But I feel that I can live with it (mostly). It can be very frustrating at times but I feel that the exercise is so important for many reasons. I have barely exercised properly for 2 years.

Your time by the coast sounds really nice, though I'm sorry to hear about the anhedonia. It's very disheartening. You have a strong mindset for still doing things like that despite not feeling right. 

Thank you and same to you! Hugs.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:42 AM, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, wanna to come in to see how was your progress. Hope everything fine and you are doing well. Thinking of you and hugs❤️🤗

Hi Miracle, thank you for checking on me. I am feeling very stressed out at the moment, I feel things I should be doing are piling up. I think it's not actually that big of a deal but the anxiety makes it all a lot worse than what it is. That's also a reason I haven't been very active on here. It tends to spiral down into depression but I try to stay as objective as I can about it and be in the present. Worrying about all the different outcomes has become a big problem. But I feel it's manageable!

Hope you are doing okay, I made a post in your thread today. Thinking of you as well! Hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Update. Very stressed out. I feel like now when the withdrawal is not as intense as it was and I'm trying to get my life somewhat back on track it's extremely overwhelming. Small obstacles or things I have to do feel huge.

I've noticed alcohol makes the anxiety worse so I barely drink anymore. I feel like this didn't happen early on in the withdrawal, which is strange. Alcohol didn't have the same negative effect on me.

Tics are still pretty bad, but slightly less intense recently and I haven't been exercising as much, so I think that's connected.

I've had slight feelings of the PGAD, seems like it's almost dormant if nothing antagonizes it too much.

Doctor's appointment

Been at the psychiatric hospital recently so I can maybe get economical support. He was very friendly and helpful. I mentioned very carefully and just in bypassing that the medication made me feel unwell so that's the reason I decided to quit. No reaction, negative or positive. To make them agree to giving me economical support I agreed on some kind of therapy and diazepam.

I also want to mention something that he told me. He told me that alcohol is really bad and destructive, and that I preferably shouldn't consume any alcohol at all during treatment, but that he could definitely prescribe something for my anxiety (benzos). That was very messed up to me, but I agreed with him because I need the money.

I will not be taking the diazepam, it will be thrown away the second I get it. I've decided I'm not going to use it under any circumstances like I first was considering, because it just feels too risky. I think I've been too careless. Self destructive pattern that I need to work on.

Hi Sunny, I’m sorry it is so tough at the moment. Have to agree with your psych about the alcohol , at least for me. That stuff really messes with my brain. Turns me into somebody that I don’t like at all. Then again , I am an addict so benzos are out for me as well. I think that one of the things to bear in mind is that as we progress through this withdrawal process is that our lives change. New challenges in life crop up and we have to deal with these new challenges. Sometimes , for me, anxiety over some event or other or something that I’ve got to face can mimic the withdrawal symptoms and they can get confused (for me). I have always suffered with anxiety and especially social anxiety and I can’t blame it all on the ad’s.

Anyway, I think that you will be okay, Sunny. You think about others, you pop by and encourage me. You have compassion, you aren’t always obsessing about yourself, you are thinking of others . That will see you through. That and acceptance of course.

Steve

On 10/30/2018 at 11:32 PM, Sunnyday said:

Update. Very stressed out. I feel like now when the withdrawal is not as intense as it was and I'm trying to get my life somewhat back on track it's extremely overwhelming. Small obstacles or things I have to do feel huge.

I've noticed alcohol makes the anxiety worse so I barely drink anymore. I feel like this didn't happen early on in the withdrawal, which is strange. Alcohol didn't have the same negative effect on me.

Tics are still pretty bad, but slightly less intense recently and I haven't been exercising as much, so I think that's connected.

I've had slight feelings of the PGAD, seems like it's almost dormant if nothing antagonizes it too much

My dear friend, So sorry to hear that....im agreed too about alcohol will effect our sensitive body and CNS thus this effected much our withdrawals with very bad feeling/moody. Trying to not touch or drinks for temprorary or take some breaks.im believe you will getting better soon. im remember few weeks ago.....when im dining outside , im accidently ate a food contain some wine ingredients....ended up im not feeling well for over 1 weeks like a setback withdrawals.

Alots of things is very stranger during withdrawals come up and confused . Sometimes myself also smile unbelievable all those things i dont have before now all shows up.....so curious. But im believe my body will back to normal when all will be stable one day but dont know when will be coming.........

Just patience to keep waiting.....

Keep away from diazepam is a wise choice. Dont let this false or lie to scary you and keep going as a challenging.i hope everything will be better and stable for you soon. Thinking of you and take care. Hugs😘

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sunnyday,

How are you doing today? Thanks for dropping by my thread. I am so glad to read you won’t be taking the diazepam the doctor prescribed. That’s all one needs, more meds to taper off🙄. Doctors don’t know what they’re doing. 

Are you still swimming? It’s lovely being in water, isn’t it? Just be gentle with your swimming n don’t overdo it. When I went down the Coast this year with friends I went swimming in the indoor pool. It was so soothing, there’s something about being in or around water. I helped young kids in the pool to swim, such fun! They had a blast too. I can’t do much exercise but I do go for walks when I’m able n going in the pool really was glorious.

I hope your tics haven’t been too bad. 

Sending hugs🤗

Hi Sunnyday, How are  you ? Hope everything goes well and you can cope better too. Take care my friend and  hope can hear from you soon. HUGS...🤗

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Steve61, I completely agree and I've been having similar thoughts, wondering what is actually withdrawal symptoms and what is for example social anxiety. I try to not take for granted that it is withdrawal because I'm afraid I end up sitting and waiting it out then whenever it gets tough. But I think the anhedonia is usually the main giveaway for me, because it's so different to what I felt before withdrawal, despite being very depressed in the past. It's something that's important to be attentive about.

Thank you so much for the kind words, and for supporting me. 

@Miracle123, you're very right about the random flare-ups of old symptoms that we thought were gone, it's confusing and maybe not worth analyzing too much about. But it is interesting. Patience and acceptance is the key! I feel a lot of stress still, but I think I know the main cause now so it's easier to control and accept. Hope you're doing okay! Take care, hugs to you.

@Carmie, I'm managing as long as I distract myself a lot. I am definitely in a wave at the moment, so as soon as I let myself think it all goes downhill. I am still swimming and I love it. What you did sounds like a lot of fun, just being around kids learning new things is exciting I think. You can feel their excitement. Tics have been better this week, I think it's because I haven't been swimming because it's that time of the month. That might explain my wave as well. Hugs to you Carmie, thanks for checking on me and hope your wave will be over soon as well!

• Moderator Emeritus

I want to apologize for often having such long periods of inactivity on here. I understand that it can cause worry considering why we're here. But I sincerely mean it when I say there is no need to worry. Over all I'm doing better and when I am away for long periods of time I usually just need time for myself, I've always been a pretty extreme introvert and that's how I get my energy back up. I felt it might be good to mention this.

Update. I am in a wave at the moment, but I'm also on my period so it's more or less a given. Depression, anxiety and overthinking is very prominent, but I distract myself by listening to lectures and music while painting. Works okay for the most part. The sugar craving has come back, mostly during anxiety, very intense. The way I cope with that is by drinking lots of tea and sometimes giving in and buying candy once a week. I think meditation would help though, because it's obvious that my anxiety makes the craving worse.

A new person has come into my life recently, which is making me happier but is also exhausting and overwhelming at times. Maintaining relationships has been the hardest part for me during the withdrawal, one of the biggest struggles I would say. In the beginning it was mainly because of my neuro emotions, but now it's more because of self loathing during my waves. It's hard being with people who likes you when you don't like yourself. During my windows it seems fine though and the self loathing is almost non-existent. I think that's all for now.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for checking in, Sunday.  It's very considerate of you.  I'm glad a new person has come into your life and that you're doing pretty well, all things considered.  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

10 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

A new person has come into my life recently, which is making me happier but is also exhausting and overwhelming at times. Maintaining relationships has been the hardest part for me during the withdrawal, one of the biggest struggles

Hi Sunnyday, im so happy and glad to hear about this new person coming into your life. im believe you can do it well to keep this relationship. Wishing you always happy with a lots of joyful and ride out your waves as soon as possible. Take good care. Love and hugs.🤗

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sunnyday, How are you doing recently? i hope everything will be fine and well in your recovery and healing. Thinking of you. Hugs🤗

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Gridley and Miracle. It has been a lot of ups and downs for me for the past month or so, more than the month before that I think (?). Time perception is extremely bad for whatever reason. So is my memory, especially my short term memory I'd say.

I do feel beat down not being able to handle relationships like I would like to and like I know I could in my ''normal'' state of mind. It hurts to know I cause arguments and just negative situations for people I care about and it makes me want to isolate myself rather than go through all that. It feels selfish. I need to be as stern with myself as I was in the beginning when it comes to neuro emotions, always keeping it in mind and make sure I don't spiral down into some irrational and paranoid thinking because that has been starting to happen again a lot more, and I don't know why. I start to believe people want to do me harm when I know that's absolutely not the case. Almost always the opposite actually. It's exhausting because you can never relax even around your closest people if you want to make sure to not screw anything up. And then I still might end up doing that anyways.

I have had som very bad periods of anxiety lately too, also similar to how it was in the beginning of my WD. It's strange. I do have windows though, so I am thankful for that.

Finally got an appointment (Jan 15) to an endometriosis specialist to rule that out. I postponed it for a long time. Supposedly it's one of the best in that field in Sweden, I got lucky. So am happy about that.

Hi Sunnyday, 

im so sad to hear you also hit with badly emotionals and waves. Im understand sometimes this is so frustrated and hopeless. We both faced the same and im feel your sufering too, my dear.

Maintenance relationship need time to know each others and build up understanding. i hope you will meet someone really understanding and willing to listening or faced it together. 

Our waves is always up and down....Believe yourself and those brain reaction ,emotional and behaviour are lie....you will be back to yourself one day but need time and slow progress. At least you got some good window which is blessing...i hope you will get more windows and less waves. Sending my warmest hugs to you and take care.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you so much @Miracle123. That post meant a lot to me. Having someone actually understand what it's like in this situaiton is so valuable. I really hope you will get more windows too! Hugs to you. 

You are always welcome , my dear. Hope everything will be going smooth and fine for you. Take care and hugs from me🤗