Sunnyday

Sunnyday: Go back up in dosage?

Sunnyday
12 minutes ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, please becareful when you  used ppi (proton pump inhibitors) . I used it once and have a bad reaction on it and trigger my withdrawals.

i also bought slippery elm bark(solaray US Brand) for my stomach issue. Actually these supplement is really good for inflammation, stomach issue such ulcers and acid reflux.But sad i also could tolerence it. You can also try aloe vera juice and apple cider vinegar as well.

http://www.refluxmd.com/apple-cider-vinegar-for-acid-reflux/

Better start with the natural remedies before you take ppi. Probiotic is a good resources and is the only supplement i can take until now.But when take it please try small dose to see how your body reaction too. During withdrawals our body react over sensitive compare to a normal person.Hope you well.

After reading about slippery elm bark I plan on trying that as well after the aloe vera, seems harmless if nothing else. 

I didn't have any bad reactions the last time I tried omeprazole, but it didn't help me either unfortunately, so I will avoid it. I've been doing a little reading about probiotics and I find it quite complicated to be honest. I feel like there is so much to know and remember when buying the right kind, especially when you have a problematic stomach. They are also expensive. So I will wait with the probiotic until my stomach has calmed down a little, and maybe try it at a later time. Thanks for your input Miracle.

Miracle123
8 minutes ago, Sunnyday said:

After reading about slippery elm bark I plan on trying that as well after the aloe vera, seems harmless if nothing else. 

I didn't have any bad reactions the last time I tried omeprazole, but it didn't help me either unfortunately, so I will avoid it. I've been doing a little reading about probiotics and I find it quite complicated to be honest. I feel like there is so much to know and remember when buying the right kind, especially when you have a problematic stomach. They are also expensive. So I will wait with the probiotic until my stomach has calmed down a little, and maybe try it at a later time. Thanks for your input Miracle.

Hope you can find the good one slippery elm bark suitable for you. Good choice my friend. Better natural way. 🤗

Sunnyday

You might get some checks done in case the severe stomach pain has an identifiable cause, e.g. ulcers.  Omeprazole and other stomach acid drugs have a negative side - it could be worth doing a little research on this.  Have you tried any natural treatments, e.g. ginger, peppermint, aloe vera juice, slippery elm, etc.

Taking ibuprofen for period pain could possibly be contributing to the stomach pain.  There are natural treatments for period pain that could be worth investigating, e.g. ginger, magnesium, chamomile tea, raspberry leaf tea, etc.

Hi again Songbird. I read up a little more (or tried) about omeprazole and the main thing I could find was that it interferes with some meds, and also that it can make it harder to absorb some vitamins for older people. Is there something more serious I have missed? I understand not being able to absorb certain vitamins is serious, but I am still young. My stomach is extremely upset right now, and nothing seems to help. Wondering if short term use of omeprazole is better than this or if there is still a reason I haven't found to not take it.

Sunnyday

Sorry, messing up the quoting completely today.

Songbird
On 6/30/2018 at 1:14 AM, Sunnyday said:

Is there something more serious I have missed? I understand not being able to absorb certain vitamins is serious, but I am still young. My stomach is extremely upset right now, and nothing seems to help. Wondering if short term use of omeprazole is better than this or if there is still a reason I haven't found to not take it.

Maybe not in the "official" drug information blurbs (and we know how accurate they are), but many unofficial reports of side effects and withdrawal effects, such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, trembling, nausea, dizziness, and so on.  If you take it more than a month you'll probably need to taper off it.

that acid reflux pill may be causing your health problems

tips for tapering off stomach acid blockers or PPIs

Sunnyday
10 hours ago, Songbird said:

Maybe not in the "official" drug information blurbs (and we know how accurate they are), but many unofficial reports of side effects and withdrawal effects, such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, trembling, nausea, dizziness, and so on.  If you take it more than a month you'll probably need to taper off it.

that acid reflux pill may be causing your health problems

tips for tapering off stomach acid blockers or PPIs

Good to know! Thank you. People have actually told me to go and buy them and wonder why I haven't already. I feel like often during WD that's the case. You can't say what you're thinking or what youw know because people think you're crazy in some way. But I rather come off as crazy than take bad medication.

Miracle123
15 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Good to know! Thank you. People have actually told me to go and buy them and wonder why I haven't already. I feel like often during WD that's the case. You can't say what you're thinking or what youw know because people think you're crazy in some way. But I rather come off as crazy than take bad medication.

Thats why i say dont take ppi first if you got any alternative natural way to help. i know take proton pump inhibitor (any brands) for long term will make your stomach even worse and you could not absorb well vitamins or foods. Have you try slippery elm bark? Hope you can get the right direction and do more survey before taking anything bad affect your health. Take care.

Sunnyday
22 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Thats why i say dont take ppi first if you got any alternative natural way to help. i know take proton pump inhibitor (any brands) for long term will make your stomach even worse and you could not absorb well vitamins or foods. Have you try slippery elm bark? Hope you can get the right direction and do more survey before taking anything bad affect your health. Take care.

I agree. Haven't tried slippery elm bark yet, I plan on trying the aloe vera juice first, see if that helps. Want to try one thing at a time. You take care as well.

Sunnyday

Feeling very disconnected from people. Those who used to make me happy don't anymore, and I feel like a ''cold'' bystander even though it's just me and one other person. Family too. I would think stuff like this would be over at this point, but then I get these random feelings/sensations. I don't know if this is the withdrawal, maybe it's just me. But it fuels the depression.

Miracle123

Hi my friend, How about your stomach?i also got such a feeling too. Its a withdrawal to made our feeling feel lonely, loss of interest or hope, disconnect with people, dislike going out , hate feeling to meet people and loss of confidence. This is not yourself and you feeling so stranger feeling.Believe me....When time passed you will be more likely back to yourself but really need time to healing and see improvement. Even though our feeling down or unhappy , please find some stuffs or your favourite hobby to make you happy and keep going. Dont stay inside darkness for too long. During these difficult times , you really need cares and love so much....i really hope your bf/partner will always be with you. Wishing you well,healthly, and always happy too. Eat healtier and stay relax. love and hugs.

Sunnyday
On 7/13/2018 at 3:54 AM, Miracle123 said:

Hi my friend, How about your stomach?i also got such a feeling too. Its a withdrawal to made our feeling feel lonely, loss of interest or hope, disconnect with people, dislike going out , hate feeling to meet people and loss of confidence. This is not yourself and you feeling so stranger feeling.Believe me....When time passed you will be more likely back to yourself but really need time to healing and see improvement. Even though our feeling down or unhappy , please find some stuffs or your favourite hobby to make you happy and keep going. Dont stay inside darkness for too long. During these difficult times , you really need cares and love so much....i really hope your bf/partner will always be with you. Wishing you well,healthly, and always happy too. Eat healtier and stay relax. love and hugs.

My stomach is a little better now, but still problematic. I'm being careful with what I eat and try not to get stressed out, drinking lots of warm water too. That seems to help.

I think you're right, this is a very different feeling that I never had before the WD. It's just so persistent so it's easy to think the problem is me rather than the medication (still). I've been spending a lot of time on my art, and it definitely helps. Hope you can find some enjoyment too in whatever you like doing! 
I don't have a partner, and I think that might be for the best right now. Thank you Miracle, same to you! Take care, hugs.

Miracle123

Hi Sunnyday, Please trying to eat some porridge is also good and easy for stomach digestion. Dont take too oily and fried food so much. Drink Apple Cider with honey in the morning is a good boosting for your stomach too beside aloe vera juice. Try to eat clean and healthly food. Beware of food too acidic or spicy too , you can eat a bit because each food got different nutritious and balance diet which is needed just need monitoring. Take care and hugs.