SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Sunnyday: go back up in dosage?

Sunnyday

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, i really understand hang out with friends can really help a lots to distract your moody emotional which is good but trying not to drink alcohol during withdrawal and recovery period. During this time try to limit your intake because i might worries will effect your healing process. Its depend on individuals but for me i never took a wine for almost a year like i always used to drink with hubby or friends (1 to 2 glasses only twice per week)

Me too...i have a very hard time to going out with friends..dislike to going out at all , no social life and like a zombie stay at home alone just lay on bed watch tv and see forums. Maybe u can choose drink same healthy fruits better than take alcohol during these periods for temporary. Take care.

It's more that I don't want to lose the last few friends I have left rather than distract my mood, I feel like I'm leaving them behind when they don't deserve that. But you're right either way, drinking alcohol is obviously not the answer. Do you still manage to keep in touch with your friends enough or do you accept the fact that you might lose some of them?

I did buy some juice recently (I rarely drink juice otherwise)  actually to still have something tasty to drink. ☺️ 

Thanks for taking the time to answer! Hope you are doing okay.

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.

You are right , during difficult time i really loss contact with my good friends because not interested to do everything or even pick up phone call.They think i too busy or just stay away from them but they keep chasing me (used whatsapp or email to keep reminded thousand of times ....funny hah😁) to keep calling me to going out..That time i really rejected them so many time until they come to my house. I always believe true friendship always understanding everything about you whatever you happy or sad, me too always caring them.But its not easy to get friendship or build relationship like this. They understand my situation so we changed our plan not to drink wine or changed to coffee or juices. We can meet at yoga class or come out for dessert/cake and have a cup of flower tea..its really enjoyed and relax. Not necessary to drink wine and plan to other way to meet each others like jogging, movie or tea time.

I hope your friends will understand your situation now and more love , caring you. Dont scare to leaving them and you can holding them to going together and accompany you during these difficulties times. I hope you well. Hugs.

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

You are right , during difficult time i really loss contact with my good friends because not interested to do everything or even pick up phone call.They think i too busy or just stay away from them but they keep chasing me (used whatsapp or email to keep reminded thousand of times ....funny hah😁) to keep calling me to going out..That time i really rejected them so many time until they come to my house. I always believe true friendship always understanding everything about you whatever you happy or sad, me too always caring them.But its not easy to get friendship or build relationship like this. They understand my situation so we changed our plan not to drink wine or changed to coffee or juices. We can meet at yoga class or come out for dessert/cake and have a cup of flower tea..its really enjoyed and relax. Not necessary to drink wine and plan to other way to meet each others like jogging, movie or tea time.

I hope your friends will understand your situation now and more love , caring you. Dont scare to leaving them and you can holding them to going together and accompany you during these difficulties times. I hope you well. Hugs.

You seem to have some very good friends. And that is true, real friends tend to be very understanding, but I have understanding for those who don't stick around as well. WD takes a big toll on some relationships, especially from those neuro-emotions unfortunately. 

I have a few friends who are very understanding, which is nice and I'm so thankful to have them. 

Thank you! You as well Miracle. Hugs. 

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

How to know when to trust your gut? Help.

This is one of my biggest problems during WD (apart from anxiety and suicidal tendencies of course, though that stuff has gotten milder). The neuro-emotions makes me very confused, and I can't seem to trust my judgement anymore especially around people. How am I supposed to know what is right and wrong, okay and not okay etc in this state of mind?

I know it's important to try and keep low profile during this and that's what I'm trying to do, but when I don't get to talk it through and I keep these feelings of being upset or offended over different things to myself, it feels like problems piling on that never get solved. Because of this I start to refrain from socializing (and with that worsening my social anxiety, if you can call it that - I think so), especially from certain people. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day and I make this bigger than it is, but it also seems like everytime I talk to certain people (people that shouldn't make me feel this way, I think) my day gets bad because of it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwiBq7SAxrDZAhWI0VMKHU6fB4wQFgglMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsurvivingantidepressants.org%2Ftopic%2F5997-health-anxiety-hypochondria-and-obsession-with-symptoms%2F&usg=AOvVaw1Crjv_VrKMlPb3LhBlFIQJ

Hi Sunnyday, I so sorry you are facing this is all your neuro-emotion such anger, over worry , fears, confusing or mistakenly think about health problems   I faced this too if you read my thread and all of this is your withdrawals symptoms. In this process you will easily confused by your body reaction and respond. I understand your suffering and pain experienced.  Hereby with this link i hope you can get your answer. I also hope members here can help you going through this. Hugs.😁

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Hi Sunnyday,  This is a Checklists you can check your withdrawal symptoms. I hope you will gain knowledge  more about withdrawal.

Regarding your Gut issue ....i dont know which problems you are facing now but for my case i got a lots gas but my stomach not so bloating and i always burps like something stucks in my throat really uncomfortable.  I know is my gas and gut problem,  the only way is i took probiotic everyday for about 3 months now. My stomach issue getting better improvement but not yet recovered.  At least i got relief.  Becareful take medicine such ppi (proton pump inhibitor ) , H2 blocked  or wind/gas medicine(dopamine blocker ). I took 1 doses ppi ended up my withdrawals flare up terrible. But every individual is difference maybe u can take it  but always listen to your body reaction. Take care.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Miracle, thanks for your concern. I don't worry about my physical symptoms except for trying to get rid of the discomfort they can bring.

Regarding that post you linked it wasn't me, that was another username that also starts with ''sunny''. Glad to hear your stomach issues are getting better. I've always had stomach issues though, before this WD as well. Mostly just stomach pain, I think I just have a sensitive stomach in general. It has worsened a bit during WD but nothing I can't endure. I am definitely very suspicious and careful with all medications nowadays, I don't easily take something without reading about it first.

Take care.

Hi Sunnyday, i 'm happy you are doing great and managing your withdrawals. Treat yourself good and take care. 😁

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Update.

A lot of shame recently, whether it's a decent day or a bad day. Always ashamed over myself and that seems to inhibit any genuinely good feelings.

Not a lot of tics in my feet and hands anymore, not sure what I did to make that go away. Might come back in waves.

Other than that I haven't had as many really bad days this month as before. I'm kind of waiting for the ''crash'' though, because it seems like everytime I've had several days that have been better than usual, a crash comes right after.

10 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Update.

A lot of shame recently, whether it's a decent day or a bad day. Always ashamed over myself and that seems to inhibit any genuinely good feelings.

Not a lot of tics in my feet and hands anymore, not sure what I did to make that go away. Might come back in waves.

Other than that I haven't had as many really bad days this month as before. I'm kind of waiting for the ''crash'' though, because it seems like everytime I've had several days that have been better than usual, a crash comes right after.

Hi Sunnyday, you seems doing great and better handling in your withdrawals. Your good windows will be more frequently which is good sign for you. I hope you can speed up your recovery. Take care and hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, you seems doing great and better handling in your withdrawals. Your good windows will be more frequently which is good sign for you. I hope you can speed up your recovery. Take care and hugs.

That's true, I hope that's the case. I've jumped onto the ''false'' hope many times before of it finally being a lot better when I've had these good days and then it goes back to bad again for a long time, so I'm scared of hoping too much. 😛 But i know it is getting better, just soo slowly! Thanks Miracle. Hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Mod's thoughts/advice would be appreciated regarding this but if not I'm sure it's not the end of the world, but I'll admit I am slightly worried.

Might have to finally take antibiotics for a skin infection. Been avoiding it for a while but can't get rid of the problem so it might be my last way out. I got 3 results from searching on the forum by searching the drug I was prescribed but haven't yet taken, which is flucloxacillin. At least it doesn't seem to be one of the worse antibiotics (?).

I read that an upset stomach is one of the more common side effects, and I already have very big issues with my stomach from time to time. I can't remember ever being very sensitive to any medications though, so I'm guessing I'll be fine. But considering all the severe stomach pains I've had through the years I am reluctant. Never had to take antibiotics before so don't know how I'll respond to it.

Edit: I'll also mention that my general condition doesn't seem to be great at the moment. Hair falling out, gastric catarrh, very tired at times among other things. Just not feeling super healthy.

Hi Sunnyday,  im so sorry to hear that about your skin infections.  Recently got one member here call DJ2010 , he also took exactly the same antibiotics name flucloxacillin but its seem he can tolerated for this antibiotic.  Of course he got slightly withdrawals with sleeping problem but i not sure its caused of antibiotics and you can enquires this. (Search for him ...he is nice and helpful).This is normal because when doctor give some medicine to me .....myself have to rethink so many times before take it. Since you already got infection and inflamamation i think you have too and no choice need antibiotic to cure your skin infections. All individuals sensitivity and body is different, maybe you can tolerate it. I also hope other mod's here can give you more information about this.Hope you well. Take care.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sunnyday, I don't know if you got any information provided with your flucloxacillan, but I found this NZ consumer medicine information:  http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/CMI/f/flucloxacillin-aft.pdf

It is in the penicillin family and seems to be reasonably safe, although there is a very small risk of serious liver problems.  The antibiotics you really want to avoid are quinolones.

I hope it doesn't give you any stomach problems, but if it does, ginger is good for upset stomach, stomachache and nausea, so you could try sipping some ginger tea.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

14 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Mod's thoughts/advice would be appreciated regarding this but if not I'm sure it's not the end of the world, but I'll admit I am slightly worried.

Might have to finally take antibiotics for a skin infection. Been avoiding it for a while but can't get rid of the problem so it might be my last way out. I got 3 results from searching on the forum by searching the drug I was prescribed but haven't yet taken, which is flucloxacillin. At least it doesn't seem to be one of the worse antibiotics (?).

I read that an upset stomach is one of the more common side effects, and I already have very big issues with my stomach from time to time. I can't remember ever being very sensitive to any medications though, so I'm guessing I'll be fine. But considering all the severe stomach pains I've had through the years I am reluctant. Never had to take antibiotics before so don't know how I'll respond to it.

Edit: I'll also mention that my general condition doesn't seem to be great at the moment. Hair falling out, gastric catarrh, very tired at times among other things. Just not feeling super healthy.

Hi, I have just been on the exact same antibiotic, I wrote a bit about it on my intro topic:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/?page=10

luckily i did not have any bad reaction to it, the worst thing that happened was the state i got myself into by worrying I would have a reaction to it, it did make me nauseas and i struggled eating and it did have some negative effect on my sleep but I recovered quickly after I finished the course,

I am actually glad that I went on the antibiotics now as this was one of my main worries that I would one day have to take them and they would screw me up but now I am no longer worried about the having to take these in the future,

I hope these work for you also,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

Hi, I have just been on the exact same antibiotic, I wrote a bit about it on my intro topic:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/?page=10

luckily i did not have any bad reaction to it, the worst thing that happened was the state i got myself into by worrying I would have a reaction to it, it did make me nauseas and i struggled eating and it did have some negative effect on my sleep but I recovered quickly after I finished the course,

I am actually glad that I went on the antibiotics now as this was one of my main worries that I would one day have to take them and they would screw me up but now I am no longer worried about the having to take these in the future,

I hope these work for you also,

take care

Hi Dj, I read a little in your topic yesterday which made me a little less worried. Happy someone with experience with the exact same antibiotic responded, thank you. Good to hear nothing bad came out of it for you.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday,  im so sorry to hear that about your skin infections.  Recently got one member here call DJ2010 , he also took exactly the same antibiotics name flucloxacillin but its seem he can tolerated for this antibiotic.  Of course he got slightly withdrawals with sleeping problem but i not sure its caused of antibiotics and you can enquires this. (Search for him ...he is nice and helpful).This is normal because when doctor give some medicine to me .....myself have to rethink so many times before take it. Since you already got infection and inflamamation i think you have too and no choice need antibiotic to cure your skin infections. All individuals sensitivity and body is different, maybe you can tolerate it. I also hope other mod's here can give you more information about this.Hope you well. Take care.

I was thinking the same thing, I don't have much of a choice at this point anyway. I read about Dj's experience which was a relief to read, even though I understand it's very individual. Hope you're doing okay as well Miracle. Take care.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Songbird said:

Hi Sunnyday, I don't know if you got any information provided with your flucloxacillan, but I found this NZ consumer medicine information:  http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/CMI/f/flucloxacillin-aft.pdf

It is in the penicillin family and seems to be reasonably safe, although there is a very small risk of serious liver problems.  The antibiotics you really want to avoid are quinolones.

I hope it doesn't give you any stomach problems, but if it does, ginger is good for upset stomach, stomachache and nausea, so you could try sipping some ginger tea.

Hi Songbird. I didn't get any information at all, the doctors here are very stressed most of the time. Thank you so much for that link, I'll read it right away. 

And yes I heard quinolones were no good, so I wrote them down in case of future concerns about antibiotics. 

Gonna remind myself to drink ginger tea, thanks for the suggestion. Been using more painkillers than I should so it's nice if some natural options actually work.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:27 PM, Sunnyday said:

Thought I would update. Tried the epsom salts, very little to start with but didn't need much to feel a difference. It seems to help temporarily against the tics in my hands and feet, which is worth a lot. 

Having severe anxiety the last few days, not sure why it came so suddenly. Can't seem to get any help from the things that usually helps me, for example comedy and meditation. Will try to do some yoga, finding it too difficult to go outside for walks (social anxiety).

Hi SD .I hate these times when we keep reaching for distraction/relief and nothing works .Mit often says to me don't resist or fight the body .its very interesting to practice this .focus on your breathing when nothing works .sugar and processed carbs need to be reduced I believe .

I understand on the social anxiety but you've more to give than you think ,read up a little on CBT for social anxiety .

I love the comedy myself but lately when im very bad my critic goes insane and almost jeers me as the joke [very peculiar] but I understand it .

today ive been better than the previous 10, thanks  for your kind words on my thread .

Be well .

Peace.

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, powerback said:

Hi SD .I hate these times when we keep reaching for distraction/relief and nothing works .Mit often says to me don't resist or fight the body .its very interesting to practice this .focus on your breathing when nothing works .sugar and processed carbs need to be reduced I believe .

I understand on the social anxiety but you've more to give than you think ,read up a little on CBT for social anxiety .

I love the comedy myself but lately when im very bad my critic goes insane and almost jeers me as the joke [very peculiar] but I understand it .

today ive been better than the previous 10, thanks  for your kind words on my thread .

Be well .

Peace.

Hi Pb. Acceptance and deep breathing is definitely a good method, especially when nothing else works. I've also noticed the mind kind of naturally goes in that direction when things are looking really bad, at least for me. 

Carbs and sugar is something I tend to avoid mostly, soft drinks is my weak spot though (I allow myself one day a week). I tried cbt a few years ago, I think the depression is making it difficult to go through with. But I'm sure it's effective, maybe especially with the right therapist.

Would you mind elabroating on the critic? If you're up for it. I read some post from you mentioning it and I could relate so much from one sentence, but I couldn't grasp it 100%. 

Very nice to hear you're doing better. Take care.

Hi Sunnyday, how about your skin infection now? Did you take your antibiotic. I hope you will be ok and can tolerated with this antibiotic without any trouble and withdrawals. Wishing you fast recovery back to your baseline. Take care and hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, how about your skin infection now? Did you take your antibiotic. I hope you will be ok and can tolerated with this antibiotic without any trouble and withdrawals. Wishing you fast recovery back to your baseline. Take care and hugs.

Hi Miracle. I'm gonna try to get an appointment on Monday to talk about possibly getting to use my health insurance to permanently fix the thing that's causing the skin infection, we'll see what the doctor say about it, hoping he'll agree on doing that. So that's why I'm still waiting, will update on Monday/Tuesday! Thanks for checking in on me. Hope you will be feeling better soon as well. Hugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Said I would update regarding the doctor's appointment, haven't been there yet because of different circumstances. Will update when I have. (Infection seems to have gotten better for the time being, but it has been going up and down for a long time)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Update. Really outdrawn wave, haven't had an okay day in a good while. Might be connected to a lot of physical pain, not sure. Social anxiety is biggest issue now though, during the withdrawal it has just gotten worse and worse. Feeling very stuck the longer it goes on. I barely go outside.

No one needs to respond for the sake of responding, it's just to keep some kind of record.

• Moderator Emeritus

How do you explain in the simplest way to a family member the situation? I have one who during my worst days won't get off my back because they think I've ''given up'' because I'm not doing anything. Now I've had a consistent wave of almost two weeks I think and this family member is becoming very impatient with me. Unfortunately I live with them. I understand their worry, but they tend to get very emotional and end up telling me to ''do something'' and if I don't they go on and on about it and become upset with me. I feel so stupid and horrible too, because I don't know what to say. They know about the withdrawal. Getting teary eyed everytime I try to talk doesn't help either.

Hi Sunnyday, so sorry to hear that.....this is really hard task to explain about our withdrawals to our family. Many of them willing to listen to you but when time passed long....they started impatient and not believe what so called withdrawals can take so long time to recovered. Even friends and doctor itself also not believe it. 

when i suffering.....my hubby notice i got different from last time.....at started he also not believe i feel ill and dealing with withdrawals.My suffering make him believe me because my attitue and emotional is different .But this is a ponding relationship between us and we understand each others. I also show him about the withdrawals in this SA Forum. This is totally different with my siblings....how hard i explain they just listening....i think they dont understand what is withdrawals can take a months even a years.

I hope i can help you but really i could give you any good advice.Sorry for that. Hope your wave will be over and well soon. Hugs and take care.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/26/2018 at 2:55 PM, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, so sorry to hear that.....this is really hard task to explain about our withdrawals to our family. Many of them willing to listen to you but when time passed long....they started impatient and not believe what so called withdrawals can take so long time to recovered. Even friends and doctor itself also not believe it. 

when i suffering.....my hubby notice i got different from last time.....at started he also not believe i feel ill and dealing with withdrawals.My suffering make him believe me because my attitue and emotional is different .But this is a ponding relationship between us and we understand each others. I also show him about the withdrawals in this SA Forum. This is totally different with my siblings....how hard i explain they just listening....i think they dont understand what is withdrawals can take a months even a years.

I hope i can help you but really i could give you any good advice.Sorry for that. Hope your wave will be over and well soon. Hugs and take care.

I'm glad to hear your partner understands you, I think that's so important. For some reason it hurts so much when some people don't even try or want to understand when we have it the most difficult. I felt a tiny improvement today so people were less upset with me since I actually managed to go outside. Thanks for responding. You take care as well.

• Moderator Emeritus

Stronger painkillers

Does anyone know if there are any painmeds in particular to avoid during WD? I understand all if possible, but it's not possible in my case. I'm going to the doctor today for stronger ones because paracetamol and ibuprofen is contributing to making my stomach issues a lot worse. Something worth mentioning is that I've never been sensitive to these kinds of medications or gotten any side effects, so I don't think I am especially sensitive still, even though I'm sure it's good to be careful during WD which is why I'm asking.

If a mod would answer that would be great, but if anyone else knows that would be very appreciated as well.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/27/2018 at 12:10 AM, Sunnyday said:

How do you explain in the simplest way to a family member the situation? I have one who during my worst days won't get off my back because they think I've ''given up'' because I'm not doing anything. Now I've had a consistent wave of almost two weeks I think and this family member is becoming very impatient with me. Unfortunately I live with them. I understand their worry, but they tend to get very emotional and end up telling me to ''do something'' and if I don't they go on and on about it and become upset with me. I feel so stupid and horrible too, because I don't know what to say. They know about the withdrawal. Getting teary eyed everytime I try to talk doesn't help either.

Sometimes doing nothing is doing something.  Listening to your body and resting when it needs to rest is practising self-care.  This is important for health, even more so in withdrawal.  Maybe you can explain it like this to the complainers.

28 minutes ago, Sunnyday said:

Stronger painkillers

Does anyone know if there are any painmeds in particular to avoid during WD? I understand all if possible, but it's not possible in my case. I'm going to the doctor today for stronger ones because paracetamol and ibuprofen is contributing to making my stomach issues a lot worse. Something worth mentioning is that I've never been sensitive to these kinds of medications or gotten any side effects, so I don't think I am especially sensitive still, even though I'm sure it's good to be careful during WD which is why I'm asking.

If a mod would answer that would be great, but if anyone else knows that would be very appreciated as well.

What are you needing the painkillers for? 

For most of my life I was able to take NSAIDs (such as ibuprofen, diclofenac and naproxen) without problems, but since about two years ago I can no longer tolerate them as they trigger very bad stomach pain.  One exception was aspirin, which I have been able to tolerate.  I can also tolerate paracetamol (which is not an NSAID and doesn't seem to affect my stomach).  Does paracetamol on its own affect your stomach?

I would try to avoid tramadol, which works partially like an SNRI and also like an opioid.  If used long-term it can cause dependence and addiction and may need to be tapered.  Response to tramadol in withdrawal is unpredictable.  I was given it one time in an A&E clinic for severe pain and it didn't help the pain at all and made me feel weirdly uncomfortable and restless.

Gabapentin is sometimes prescribed for pain.  It affects the GABA system and if used long-term will need to be tapered.  I was prescribed it for severe shoulder pain but it had no noticeable effect on my pain.

Opiates/opioids tend to be very effective in the short term, but cause dependence and addiction quite easily, and may need to be tapered.

You might find these topics helpful:

non-drug techniques for dealing with body pain

painkillers in withdrawal

sensitivity to medications and supplements during withdrawal

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, Songbird said:

Thank you for such a quick response Songbird. I need the painkillers for my stomach. I'm not sure what's wrong entirely, I think it might be several things. The main two I suspect are endometriosis and gastric catarrh (I think that's the english term?). The pain is so strong at times I've been close to fainting. I'm considering trying omeprazole again for a short while, especially while I'm on my period and the pain gets worse in case I really need the painkillers (I've taken some today) to prevent it from making the stomach even worse.

I've tried most over-the-counter meds in the past and one prescription medication for menstrual cramps. The only ones that has helped so far is 1 ibuprofen together with 2 paracetamol, I was recommended that exact combo and started taking it everytime I was on my period. Now that doesn't even take away the pain completely though, like it did before. I took diazepam a few times against the pain cus I had them at home and they also helped a little, but that doesn't feel very smart to take when I'm in wd (?).

Not sure what to ask of the doctor, but I will try to keep what you said about the different medications in mind if I can remember.

Will also read those links, couldn't find them when searching.

Thanks for also giving me advice on the other matter. I will try that one next time.

• Moderator Emeritus

You might get some checks done in case the severe stomach pain has an identifiable cause, e.g. ulcers.  Omeprazole and other stomach acid drugs have a negative side - it could be worth doing a little research on this.  Have you tried any natural treatments, e.g. ginger, peppermint, aloe vera juice, slippery elm, etc.

Taking ibuprofen for period pain could possibly be contributing to the stomach pain.  There are natural treatments for period pain that could be worth investigating, e.g. ginger, magnesium, chamomile tea, raspberry leaf tea, etc.

Edited by Songbird

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine

• Moderator Emeritus
28 minutes ago, Songbird said:

You might get some checks done in case the severe stomach pain has an identifiable cause, e.g. ulcers.  Omeprazole and other stomach acid drugs have a negative side - it could be worth doing a little research on this.  Have you tried any natural treatments, e.g. ginger, peppermint, aloe vera juice, slippery elm, etc.

Taking ibuprofen for period pain could possibly be contributing to the stomach pain.  There are natural treatments for period pain that could be worth investigating, e.g. ginger, magnesium, chamomile tea, raspberry leaf tea, etc.

Yea I have been to the doctors before because of my stomach issues, but it was at least a year ago now I think. Called again today and once again there were no available appointments.

I've read a little about the negatives about omeprazole and that's why I've avoided it, I just feel desperate at this point and thought that maybe using it for a short while wouldn't be a big deal. 

I had no idea aloe vera juice helped against stomach issues, and never even heard of slippery elm. I will look into both of these, thanks. 

I've tried some of the other things mentioned with no noticable effect, but I'll keep trying. 

• Moderator Emeritus

We don't tend to recommend specific herbs and supplements here, because individual responses vary so much, and because in withdrawal our systems can be very sensitive and react in unexpected ways.  However, many people have found particular herbs and supplements effective for them.  You'll need to do your own research.  If you decide to try anything, it's best to try only one thing at a time, so if you do have a reaction (either positive or negative) you'll know what caused it.  Also, start with a small amount to see how your system reacts.  In general, herbal teas such as ginger, peppermint, and chamomile tend to be fairly gentle.  I would try those before resorting to a PPI drug.  Here are some related topics I found:

digestive problems nausea diarhoea bloating gerd

acid reflux

herb teas chamomile, ginger, mint etc.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine

Hi Sunnyday, please becareful when you  used ppi (proton pump inhibitors) . I used it once and have a bad reaction on it and trigger my withdrawals.

i also bought slippery elm bark(solaray US Brand) for my stomach issue. Actually these supplement is really good for inflammation, stomach issue such ulcers and acid reflux.But sad i also could tolerence it. You can also try aloe vera juice and apple cider vinegar as well.

http://www.refluxmd.com/apple-cider-vinegar-for-acid-reflux/

Better start with the natural remedies before you take ppi. Probiotic is a good resources and is the only supplement i can take until now.But when take it please try small dose to see how your body reaction too. During withdrawals our body react over sensitive compare to a normal person.Hope you well.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Songbird said:

We don't tend to recommend specific herbs and supplements here, because individual responses vary so much, and because in withdrawal our systems can be very sensitive and react in unexpected ways.  However, many people have found particular herbs and supplements effective for them.  You'll need to do your own research.  If you decide to try anything, it's best to try only one thing at a time, so if you do have a reaction (either positive or negative) you'll know what caused it.  Also, start with a small amount to see how your system reacts.  In general, herbal teas such as ginger, peppermint, and chamomile tend to be fairly gentle.  I would try those before resorting to a PPI drug.  Here are some related topics I found:

digestive problems nausea diarhoea bloating gerd

acid reflux

herb teas chamomile, ginger, mint etc.

I understand. I'm thankful for all the info either way. I try to read up on anything I intend to use. Just ordered some aloe vera juice, really hope it will do something for me. Don't have too high hopes, but it's still nice to have options. 

Thank you so much, will look into those threads as well. All information is appreciated! You've made me rethink omeprazole, will stay away from it for as long as possible.