SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Fenixfan08: Citalopram withdrawal

fenixfan08

Hey everyone,

So I have been doing a lot of internet searches since I ended my last dosage of Cit.  The success stories on this site were awesome and help me at night when my insomnia is taking over.  I never actually joined a forum, always just read so this is kind of a big step for me.  Anxious just typing this.  

Anywho, I am 27 now but went on 40 mg of CIT when I was younger, I think like 19, after I got engaged and had a panic attack.  I had no idea what one even was so of course I freaked out and thought I was going crazy. So my mom took me to the doctor and I was put on CIT.  I was on it for I think 2 years maybe.. Then I stopped taking it.  And I really don't even remember how I did it back then.  But I remember it was because I was feeling better I am almost certain I tapered off with my Dr.  So then like 4 years passed, and I had a relapse, after my second child was born.  So I already knew Cit worked so I went back on it for about another year.  Then off of it again.  But relapsed during the withdrawal and have been on it since.  So I have been on it like 2 years maybe but this time only 20 mg and I actually tapered down to 10 mg for over 6 months.  I felt fine so I decided to try again.  But this time its a completely different story.  The first time I have no idea how I did it, and the second time I never remember the symptoms being this bad, I just remember I got really bad insomnia again and I was sick of it so I went back on, sure enough 2 weeks later I felt fine again and was taking CIT.

But now, the first 3 weeks were actually pretty good.  I knew kind of what to expect with the slower moving, and just kind of feeling slow has all its been never had brain zaps or anything.  Then weeks 4,5 and 6 I actually felt great, I was telling my family and friends, I have it under control and hopefully I am done.  Then week 7 rolled around and one night I had intrusive thoughts laying in bed and I ended up with insomnia and my anxiety spiked, it is causing me to be tired every day and really anxious during the day.  But now I am starting week 8 and it seems like the anxiety is getting worse almost depressing, especially throughout the day and I feel like I am ready to throw in the towel and get back on CIT .  I felt pretty good when I was on them, I just thought I felt good enough to stop taking them and hate the fact I have to take a pill every day.  I spend sooo much time reading success stories, I feel like I have read them all, but still have the urge to keep reading.  It is starting to effect some things, but nothing too crazy.  

So yeah, basically going on week 8 and feeling terrible. I started lifting weights 3 times a week about 5 weeks ago.  And I thought that was they key to me feeling better early on.  But the more I am reading about this withdrawal, the more I see thats how it goes.  You kind of get slammed further on.  I told my wife this morning I am giving it 4 more weeks and if its not better I am going back on.  But if it feels like today, its going to be hard to not go back on them earlier...

I am hoping by sticking to one forum like this I won't be just researching so many things about it.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Going to take my best guesses here.

2009 - 2011 40 mg of ciltalopram - Dont even remember coming off of them honeslty (why is it different now)

2014 - 2015 20 mg of citalopram - Dont remember symptooms coming off them again either.

Relapsed after high anxiety because insomnia was too bad. I wish I never went on at this point and handled it..

2015 - March 10 2017 took my last pill of 10 mg of Citalopram, I did the every other day thing for about 6 months. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Fenyxfan, welcome to SA. What you have is delayed withdrawal. It is quite common for people to feel fantastic when quitting after a too fast taper, thinking it is great then the withdrawal sets in. It happened to me too so I empathise! 

The only way to stop the withdrawal is to reinstate the drug. It doesn't have to be the original dose, just a fraction could ease the symptoms. After 2 months off you could try just 1mg. This might be enough, but if not you can updose in tiny increments. Often reinstating at the higher doses after a while off the drug the nervous system reacts because it can no longer tolerate the higher doses. Citalopram is available in liquid or you can make your own liquid with tablets which is quite easy once you get the hang of it. When you have been stable for a few months you can taper very slowly off that small dose. 

I will get some links for you so you can make an informed decision. 

About reinstating 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

What is withdrawal syndrome

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

You will find that symptoms wax and wane for a while, even after reinstating. We call this windows and waves

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

Tapering citalopram when you have stabilised

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2023-tips-for-tapering-off-celexa-citalopram/page__pid__19887#entry19887

We ask all our members to fill in their signature with their drug history so we can see it at the bottom of each post to avoid reading back through a thread. 

Instructions can be found here 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

It happened to me in '08 after a fast taper and i ended up with horrible obsessive rumenating (like my concience was on steroids) which i had never had before. It was terrible.

So i went back on for another 9 years. Wish i hadn't. In early tapering stages now. Would have been much better off doing a slow taper when i was 9 years younger and 9 years less on the drug.

Don't go back on, youre going to have to come off sooner or later. And the later the harder. just ride it out bro

2000 - 2001 Paxil for work related Anxiety and then switched to Citalopram2001 - 2008 Thrived with Citalopram,2008 Unsuccessful attempt to get off Citalopram requiring short term use of Solian and Clonazapam2008 - 2017 On Citalopram but positive effect gradually disappeared<p>2016, brief stint on Valdoxan to possibly boost Citaĺipram but pooped out after a dew weeks, 2017 Attempting to quit again with slow taper

• Moderator Emeritus

It happened to me in '08 after a fast taper and i ended up with horrible obsessive rumenating (like my concience was on steroids) which i had never had before. It was terrible.

So i went back on for another 9 years. Wish i hadn't. In early tapering stages now. Would have been much better off doing a slow taper when i was 9 years younger and 9 years less on the drug.

Don't go back on, youre going to have to come off sooner or later. And the later the harder. just ride it out bro

You are absolutely right that it would have been better to taper soon after reinstating but sadly sticking it out can mean suffering for years. There are no guarantees that withdrawal will only last a short time.  I hope your taper goes well for you this time around. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks guys. I will try to add it to my signature soon. It was kind of crazy yesterday at like 230 pm I had a photo shoot for work (I assist on them occasionally) and of course my anxiety was starting to rise, not anywhere near a panic attack. I feel like I can handle my anxiety really well now, which is another reason I wanted to come off the pills. But once I got there I started to feel fine. Then the time I was there and the rest of the night I felt great again compared to the morning. Last night I fell asleep way early like 8 pm because of my insomnia the night before. I still woke up a couple times, the first time all sweaty but was able to fall asleep within 15 minutes each time. Now this morning I feel a bit foggy, I use to be able to almost plan out my day as soon as I woke up, now I kind of have to try and think harder on what I all have to do. Makes me nervous that I will forget something important, but I know last night I wasn't feeling like this. Sorry for all the small details I am really confident that I can keep feeling like I did last night and hope some more people can relate to what I am going through with the small details. Maybe just yesterday morning was an off day and the next ones will get better. I will keep everyone updated but the support is great here. So thanks again. Oh yeah I am trying to stay off my cell phone as much as possible. I was always one of those people who gets stressed out about a lot of politics and stuff when really I have no control over it. Also I found my self constantly googling stuff so I am going to try and keep everything to this forum and website. But yeah thanks again and please keep going with the support. I want to try and give everyone else support as it has helped me a lot in these 8 weeks so far, but man it's hard when you feel terrible. Things will get better and we will all get through this!!!!

2009 - 2011 40 mg of ciltalopram - Dont even remember coming off of them honeslty (why is it different now)

2014 - 2015 20 mg of citalopram - Dont remember symptooms coming off them again either.

Relapsed after high anxiety because insomnia was too bad. I wish I never went on at this point and handled it..

2015 - March 10 2017 took my last pill of 10 mg of Citalopram, I did the every other day thing for about 6 months. 

Shoot a couple other symptoms I just wanted to mention when I was feeling terrible yesterday no appetite including breakfast and lunch but when I was feeling better I was able to eat a nice dinner. No libido the last 2 nights but I think that's a cause of the anxiety rising from knowing I will get insomnia. I slept with relaxing music on last night and that seemed to help me keep my mind off things.

Im not an expert but i think you should try and hang in there if youre able to function and hopefully things will improve...

2000 - 2001 Paxil for work related Anxiety and then switched to Citalopram2001 - 2008 Thrived with Citalopram,2008 Unsuccessful attempt to get off Citalopram requiring short term use of Solian and Clonazapam2008 - 2017 On Citalopram but positive effect gradually disappeared<p>2016, brief stint on Valdoxan to possibly boost Citaĺipram but pooped out after a dew weeks, 2017 Attempting to quit again with slow taper

Im not an expert but i think you should try and hang in there if youre able to function and hopefully things will improve...

Thanks StarJ.  I think so too, I want to at least make it to 12 weeks before I decide on anything, even if it going back on at a small dose.  Having a little rough morning, I have an hour drive to work and was a little out of it, but nothing too crazy.  Hoping to see improvements this afternoon again!  Will keep everyone posted, and thanks again for the support!

Man I have been reading a lot today, just all terrible things of people just stuck in my exact situation on Celexa.  I actually feel good compared to yesterday morning now too.  But I am getting the shakes reading these other stories.  It really doesn't seem like this will ever truly go away. Now my mind is racing thinking, well I felt normal on the 10 mg I was taking, why not just go back to it.  Questioning why I am putting myself through this...

But I really want to feel normal without pills. Please tell me its possible!  It is just most frustrating knowing how great I felt weeks 4-6 and how little symptoms I had 1-3, I thought I beat it.  Now more symptoms... Man I hope these go away soon!!

One thing I keep in mind though, is if it does go away even at 12 weeks, most of the time these people don't come back to the forums for help! But if its terrible like it has been going, we are searching for any help.  Going to keep going!

Ahhh I did too much reading online today.  Makes me scared for the future.  I am questioning why I came off them in the first place, as they worked fine, I just felt like I was fine enough to come off. But these symptoms suck.  How my withdrawal was delayed, it is hard to find people with the same story as mine.  It is discouraging with how well I did for them 3 weeks.  So do I reinstate and just be fine like I was and stuck on these...  Or do I really tough it out for 3 more weeks?  I then read problems of being able to reinstate if I try to fight the symptoms off too long?  Is that true?   I dont want to end up at the 12 week goal I set and be stuck with them!!  ugh..

Think positive thoughts. As soon as you have a negative one replace it with a positive one. Try not to read too many stories of what others are going through as everyone is different and some people have a much easier time getting off anti depressants. Have faith, you already have some periods of feeling better and things will improve

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

Hi fenixfan im so sorry you have to go through this.

Our doctors have led us to believe their drugs are a lot safer than they really are.

You have pretty much CT off 5mg per day or 10mg every other day if i read your drug sig correctly. Did you feel stable for those 6 months while you were alternating like this?

These current symptoms could well go on for many months. So i would be open to thinking in months or years and not weeks.

Im not to sure why you think it is hard to find people with the same story as yours this whole site is full of people with a very similar story to yours. What do you mean?

Only you can decide how much you can or cant endure of this.

If you get the advice of a doctor they will not acknowledge this as withdrawal. They may even want to throw a cocktail of different (xyz) drugs at you. If it has got to this stage then its best to ri the drug you were on following Mammaps advice above.

You are a citalopram addict not an xyz addict or wannabe future xyz addict.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

ll

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

Thanks for the encouraging words. Nz11 I felt fine the 6 months I was on them. I just went down to 10 and did that for awhile. Then I did 10 every other day then every 2 days. Felt fine the entire time.

After my posts yesterday, I went home. Almost had an anxiety attack on my way but I am getting good at deep breathing and beat it. Then I got home last night and had a great night actually. Went to my sons soccer practice and I felt perfectly normal. It was awesome. Slept terrible again last night though, but the thing is, when i use to get insomnia in the past, I would wake up super anxious and almost shaking. Now when I wake up in the middle of the night, I still feel relaxed and just more bummed I woke up. I think that's a positive sign. I have to go to my workout now but not sure if I want to do heavy lifting today. Just the lack of food and lack of sleep, I don't want to get super tired during the day. But I am still going to go and do something. I am going to try my best to not read anything about it on the internet at work today because I think that is almost the root of my problem. I just need to focus on my story for now and my situation and not compare it to anyone else's. It's going to be a good day and I will report back tomorrow morning!!!!!

Good morning everyone. Very early morning because here I lay here at 3 am because I can't sleep again.... does anyone recommend melatonin? I know we have some and my wife says it helps her sleep but I'm just getting worried to take anything that seems like it will set me back! And this time when I woke up my heart was pounding sooo hard. I calmed it down rather quickly with deep breathing though. Was kind of scary though. The not sleeping is the worst part for me, and I think it's because I remembered the last time I went back on these was because I had an insomnia/anxiety bout, and it just lasted too long.

I had a better day yesterday than Monday and Tuesday. And it does seem like each day is getting better, but just barely. It's weird because some spots of the day I think about all of this and I feel a little depressed. But I don't think I really am because I am very active and I can still laugh at shows and have emotions to things. Can still enjoy playing with me kids. A couple times I feel like i am forcing a smile a bit but mostly I enjoy it. I feel very relaxed quite a bit throughtout the day too.

A couple of my symptoms still

Waking up middle of the night, usually sweating

No libido

Very weak appetite - still make myself eat

Little anxiety

Little depressed

Still having thoughts of going back on... what a terrible situation. Like some of us were put on these because of anxiety but then to come off we are suppose to go down this terrible trail of unknown and not have a clue of how long it will last, which is like the definition of anxiety... this would all be so much easier if I knew how long it would last!!

Well this has helped me calm down a bit being able to write this out. Still have a chance to get a couple of hours of sleep in before work.

One last thought, I know people say it's up to us when to reinstate, but what are signs to keep going? Hard to explain. Like any improvement from one day to the next, keep going you're healing? Or where am I at? I feel like I'm close if I could just get a good nights sleep!

I guess I am kind of just blabbering now and looking for the same answer as the rest of us... good luck everyone!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Copied from your signature...

Many many people come off their first psychiatric drugs without problems. 

Second time around all bets are off, and fewerpeople can get off with no withdrawal. 

This would have been withdrawal, doctors always call it relapse but it is withdrawal which can be delayed. Reinstatement works because the drug is reinstated but often there are side effects this time wround because the dose is too high. The body changes and no longer tolerates the same doses. Often doctors will then add more drugs or do a vatriety of tests when all that is needed is a reduction in dose. My own daughter reinstated after quitting citalopram. She reinstated months later but felt awful. The doctor was about to double her dose but I persuaded her to halve it in steps instead and she stabilised on the lower dose. 

Taking it every other day is not recommended, your brain needs stability, but you were doing what you thought was best at the time.  

This is early days and can get worse. You can stick it out until 3 months but the longer you leave it the longer it can take to stabilise. 

I am sorry this is not what you want to hear and of course the decision is yours. Reinstating can mean almost immediate relief,  I would start at 0.5mg then increase to 1mg after a week or so if you still feel symptoms.  

2002  effexor. 

Thanks mammaP. I have been laying here for 3 hours now... and this is just too much again. I only have 20 mg tablets. How do I get .5 mg off of that? Can I just try going back at 10 mg tomorrow night and see where that gets me? I just want to be my old self again.. even if it was on the meds..

There is just this other side of me though. I feel good if it just wasn't for being so tired!

Sorry I don't know how to edit a post, but I think I am going to go back on 10 mg tonight.  I called the doctor and cant get in until next Friday... The only reason I came off them in the first place is because I felt better and just didn't feel like taking a pill anymore.  But if taking a little pill makes me feel normal, so be it.. Lets hope this works!

• Moderator Emeritus

Please don't go to 10 Fenyx,  You could react to such a high dose. I hope you haven't already taken it. 

You can get tiny doses by dissolving the tablet in water. Drop it into a gass with 5ml water, let it dissolve, then top up to 10ml. 1ml = 1mg. Take 0.5ml. you would need a 1ml syringe to do this. Or you could double the liquid to 20ml and take 1ml. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/

2002  effexor. 

Please don't go to 10 Fenyx,  You could react to such a high dose. I hope you haven't already taken it. 

You can get tiny doses by dissolving the tablet in water. Drop it into a gass with 5ml water, let it dissolve, then top up to 10ml. 1ml = 1mg. Take 0.5ml. you would need a 1ml syringe to do this. Or you could double the liquid to 20ml and take 1ml. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/

Ahh I had my heart set on it too and was feeling good about taking it tonight.  This is how I did it last time and it made me feel better... but I want to trust you!!  So drop the 10 mg tablet into 20 ml of water and then take 1 mil of the water? thats it?  Do I take it with anything else?  I have some syringes from my kids medicine and stuff. will that work?!  

• Moderator Emeritus

They will be fine as long as they have 1ml scores.  It is better to use warm water, not hot, just slightly warm. This could be all that you need, if not you can increase but it takes at least 4 days to get to a steady level in your blood. If this is all it takes then it is a much smaller amount to taper than 10mg. You will get very good at measuring the doses  :)

2002  effexor. 

How long before I should increase? Like if the symptoms dont get better over a week or the 4 days?  What if they symptoms do get better?  Do I stop after they are better or stay on them for another month or so then try to come off again? I would have never guessed that 1 mg of a pill could make this big of a difference in mood. I sure hope you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weird, it won't let me edit again!  

Here is what I tried to edit on the last post.

I read some more and answered these questions.  If I can get anything to work at this point. I REALLY HOPE ITS 1 MG.  I am going to stay on it for atleast 6 weeks before i cut it to .5 ml or whatever I decide to do.  

And if I mix this up in 20 ml of water.  Can I store this somewhere?  Like in the fridge or something?  I dont really want to waste a 10 mg tablet on 2 ml of water...

Thanks, this alone has boosted my mood about the future. I pray to god I can sleep soon, been up since 3 am....

• Moderator Emeritus

Weird, it won't let me edit again!  

There is a window of time when posts can be edited, I think it's an hour. 

Here is what I tried to edit on the last post.

I read some more and answered these questions.  If I can get anything to work at this point. I REALLY HOPE ITS 1 MG.  I am going to stay on it for atleast 6 weeks before i cut it to .5 ml or whatever I decide to do.  

It  is best to hold for a  good few weeks or months after stabilising, to let your brain recover before starting to taper again, especially after multiple failed tapers. If you are fine with 0.5 stick with it, it is less to taper later. 

And if I mix this up in 20 ml of water.  Can I store this somewhere?  Like in the fridge or something?  I dont really want to waste a 10 mg tablet on 2 ml of water...

It can be kept in a bottle in the fridge. I keep my liquid in a kids medicine bottle with the label removed and a new label clearly marked. It keeps for a few days but I wouldn't keep it longer than a week. 

Thanks, this alone has boosted my mood about the future. I pray to god I can sleep soon, been up since 3 am....

See how it goes at 0.5, keep notes on symptoms. I found an appointments diary was invaluable. They are one page per day and have times for appointments.  I logged when I took meds and when any symptoms started, plus what I ate and drank. You can then look back and see if a pattern emerges. If symptoms come after taking drugs or food it can be a reaction. If it is when doses are due it can mean wihdrawal, etc.  

2002  effexor.