InNeedOfHope

Counting beads in a capsule versus weighing

ChessieCat

Excellent!!!  I'd be chuffed too.

I found this.  You could contact the supplier and find out which companies they supply.  Just don't eat all the cookies at once though.

https://www.copybook.com/companies/excellent-packaging-supply-eps/articles/a-full-line-of-catering-trays-bowls-and-lids-all-made-of-compostable-biodegradable-ingeo

catertray-l.jpg

Superwoman
Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, Superwoman said:

I found a novel way to count beads.  Below are the tools that I used....

7213F45A-49E3-4B57-80EC-1BFE1753F528.jpeg.5041196e5af0a0ec36722b5e8abed8c2.jpeg

This is a tray that I found in my kitchen cabinet.  The textured indented design on it works great for dividing out beads.  I got this at a local grocery store a long time ago.  I don’t remember which one.  I think it was from the bakery section and had cake or cookies or something on it.  I looked at the baking section at Meijers and I did not see this plate there.  Maybe try Krogers.  I know this tray is still made b/c I saw someone had brought in this plate to work with fudge squares on it.   I think that a school lunch tray would also work.

F915FFED-F464-41C7-85CE-8E552A0D4828.jpeg.da940eeb99fabdde664fdb22cd3e273d.jpeg

Sorry the picture is upside down.  I don’t know how to fix that.  My husband made me the pill rack.  He said it was very easy.  If you are not handy like my husband (he is a skilled tradesman), they do sell pill racks.  My husband also made me the tiny funnel.  You can also buy tiny funnels online.  The device to the side of the pill rack is a pimple popper tool.  You can buy this at any drug store in the cosmetic section.  The pimple popper tool works wonderfully for dividing and moving the beads.  

Below is a baby snot sucker 🤣.  It works well to suck up those tiny AD beads.  I was having difficulty picking up those pesky little beads so I started looking for something that could suck up the beads.  Pretty resourceful, huh.  The device plays you lullaby’s 😂.  The lullaby’s are actually rather soothing for my anxiety lol 🤣.  I got it for $20 or $30 at Walmart. 

BC3DF770-73DE-4D08-88C0-04982764A92A.jpeg.67e14a433144f880443fc48d56cfd73e.jpeg

9 hours ago, Superwoman said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15b4bNWYHDyx_iAnKX5k1j0121zcz-W34/view?usp=drivesdk

I went in and changed the permissions so that it is public.  Someone informed me that they could not open it.  Let me know if it viewable now?  Thanks

Above is a video that I made of a new method that I came up with for tapering antidepressants using the a baby nasal aspirator, party tray, and pimple popper tool.  I am combining this all into one post so that it is easier to follow.  @Altostrata, feel free to delete the duplicate pictures from my previous post if you wish.  You may need to have Google Drive to open this video?  

Materials Needed

• Pimple popper tool (see picture and/or video)
  • Baby nasal aspirator
  •  Party Tray
  •  Pill rack/ capsule holder-  You can make your own or purchase from Amazon,  https://www.aromatools.com/wooden-capsule-holder.html or https://www.etsy.com/search?q=capsule holder.  All of the capsule holders for sale that I saw were for large size capsules size 00 or 0.  If you want to use small size capsules like I used, then you may need to make your own.   
  • Mini funnel- https://www.aromatools.com/mini-funnels.html  This mini funnel from Aroma Tools.  The capsules that I have at home that fit this funnel are DoTerra Veggie Caps.  The bottle does not list the capsule size but they are large size capsules.  This funnel would fit other capsule of a similar size.  This funnel does not fit my small size 3 or 4 capsules.  I like the metal funnel that my hubby made me b/c there is no static cling with the metal.  You can probably find mini metal funnels on Amazon.  Get a size funnel to fit the size capsules that you want to use.  You may even be able to make a funnel at home by rolling up an index card.     
  • Empty Capsules- available on Amazon (get the size to fit your size pill rack and funnel)
  •  1 index card- roll into a cylinder and tape
  •  Small Scissors (optional): If your pills are difficult to open
  •  Empty prescription pill bottle or size 5/8 sample essential oil drams or bigger(optional): I had these at home.  I found that they worked better than my empty prescription bottle for storing the empty beads.  The beads do not stick to the bottle like they do with the plastic prescription bottles.  Also it is easier to pour the beads out without them going all over.  https://www.aromatools.com/5-8-dram-amber-glass-vials-with-black-cap-and-orifice-reducer-pack-of-12.html
  •  Sticky labels- Avery address labels 80 labels per sheet fit the size 5/8 or larger dram bottles listed above.  You could also use any sticky labels and cut them to size
  •  Fine tip Permanent marker or Pen (Write the expiration date and the dosage on the sticky label and place this on the bottle where you put the extra beads)
  •  Sticky label markers: To mark the sections out on the plate of the number of groups of beads.  (see video)

Tips

There was a little bit of a learning curve at first.  I ran into a few problems at first.  Once I figured out solutions to these issues, then this method was pretty easy.  It took me about 30 to 40 minutes to make 1 week worth of pills.  I only made one week at a time.

Issue 1: Static cling: Static caused the beads to stick in the device.

Solution:

A. Make a mixture of 1/2 hand dish wash soap and 1/2 water.  Wipe the tray down with this solution and allow to air dry.  Take off the colleciotn cup, and the nozzle of the baby aspirator and dip it in this solution.  Do not wipe off the solution.  Allow to air dry. Do this after the first use.  You may wish to do this again if needed if static cling becomes an issue again.  

B. You will see in the video that I gently tap the device on the counter after using.  This is too dislodge any beads that get stuck.

C. You will also see in the video that I take off the nozzle of the aspirator and I take off the collection cup and look inside the device to make sure no beads are stuck after sucking them up.  Despite using the solution of dish wash and water, you could still have a bead or two stick especially on a dry winter day.  They tend to stick in the nozzle.  The aspirator has just enough suction to suck up the beads but no more.  There are also devices similar to this, but used for clearing facial pores.  These may have more suction which may prevent beads getting stuck.  I got the baby aspirator b/c it has gentle suction and I was worried that too much suction could potentially break the beads.  Let us know if you try a poor sucker how it works please.

Issue 2: Clumping of beads around nozzle

Sometimes the beads clump up at the nozzle if you try to suck up too many at once.  

Solution:  Don't suck up too many beads at once.  Look at the nozzle periorically to make sure there are not beads sticking to it clumped up.  You will see in the video that I do this.

This all might complicated and elaborate, but it is not as difficult as it looks.  If you follow these tips then it is pretty easy and straight forward.  This method works pretty well.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

Edited by Altostrata
added code for image rotation

Superwoman
16 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Excellent!!!  I'd be chuffed too.

I found this.  You could contact the supplier and find out which companies they supply.  Just don't eat all the cookies at once though.

https://www.copybook.com/companies/excellent-packaging-supply-eps/articles/a-full-line-of-catering-trays-bowls-and-lids-all-made-of-compostable-biodegradable-ingeo

catertray-l.jpg

Good job!  I can’t believe that you found it!  I will contact them.  Eating the cookies is the best part of this method! 

Altostrata

You can probably use a wire needle threader to corral the beads, too, or a wire loop you make yourself. Needle_threader-9621.jpg

Superwoman
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You can probably use a wire needle threader to corral the beads, too, or a wire loop you make yourself.

That should work.  A paper clip might also work well.  

Edited by Altostrata
removed image

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy