Counting beads in a capsule versus weighing

InNeedOfHope

• Mentor
13 hours ago, member21 said:

good idea. I had not thought of it yet...will try.

If you have seen a pharmacist work and count pills. It's the same with a card and beads of various sizes.

I always aimed to have an equal number of Big/Medium/Small beads, during my reduction... For a "proper" daily dose.

Also, I should mention, just in case. You don't need to put your dose back into the capsule.

You can just pour it in some yogurt, apple sauce, exc.

I put it back in the capsule because I did multiple pills at once, and loaded my weekly AM/PM pill container.

I did that to help me remember and keep to the dose reduction schedule. Instead of keeping a daily journal.

Definitely don't worry about your fingers! The XR is designed for stomach acid. I highly doubt you would melt enough XR, to change the effect of each bead. I remember now, using my finger in the bowl for all the fallen beads. Sticky sweat is sometimes your friend! It made it easy to scrape in the last tiny beads off my finger, for each capsule.

I Am Not A Medical Professional! 👨‍⚕️

Prescribed Various SSRI's/SNRI, Benzos and One Anti-Psychotic at 16, in 2009.

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

Sudden stop of Risperidone. After suicide attempt.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

He's saved me more than once.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy