• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jennifer - 

what can you express gratitude for?

I know that times are tough - and the first year is often the toughest.

But I believe that the best way to make it easier is to look for things you are grateful for.

Like I posted before, sometimes it is a small thing.  I am grateful that I slept last night (I could go on about how hard it was to get to sleep, and how draggy I am today from how that went - but that's focusing on symptoms.  Instead, I just express gratitude that I slept!).  I am grateful that I will have a raw food smoothie and fresh popcorn tonight.  (I make the best popcorn!).

What are you grateful for?  Some people in recovery like to keep a gratitude journal, where they discipline every day to post - the sky was clear today.  I received a kind word from a stranger.  I was present enough to offer a kind word to a stranger.  The food tasted good.  My left hand doesn't hurt.  My thinking seems clearer.  My cat's fur is soft.  ANYTHING that you can express gratitude for.

The more you practice it, the better it works.  It is not everything you will need to conquer this chemical funk from your CT, but it can go a long way towards helping you see the horizon, and hope for some windows.

Sometimes the windows are tiny - like a second that it felt good to pat the cat.  If you acknowledge those tiny windows, it tells your brain and nervous system what is desireable, and it will work towards bringing you more of those.  

This is a great place to post a gratitude journal.

What else are you doing for your healing and well being?  Epsom salt baths?  Epsom Salts - Another Way to Relax with Magnesium
Have you tried Magnesium and Omega-3 fish oil ?

Have you tried Claire Weekes?  Dr. Claire Weekes - Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

Or a little Mindfulness?  Bliss Johns Mindfulness

Or maybe sun-walks?  A daily walk in the sun is excellent for mood - as it time spent outside with your toes in the grass.  

Try some things, tell us what you have tried.  Keep trying, until you find what works for you.  Then let us know!  Use your creativity and imagination to build a practice and a program - a ladder, as it will - or a surfboard - to help you get through these waves.

I hope you see the sun today.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jennifer78

• coldturkmama

• SkyBlue

• MollyN

Top Posters In This Topic

All great advice there, JanCarol! Gratitude and good thoughts are essential in recovery.

5 hours ago, JanCarol said:

Some people in recovery like to keep a gratitude journal

Jennifer78 - we even have a thread going for that where we can share the good stuff to record it, inspire our fellow travelers on SA, and be inspired - 

5 hours ago, JanCarol said:

The more you practice it, the better it works.  It is not everything you will need to conquer this chemical funk from your CT, but it can go a long way towards helping you see the horizon, and hope for some windows.

There is actually a scientific basis for this. One of the areas of our brains harmed by the meds is our limbic system, where chemicals go to trigger memories, thoughts, and our "fight-or-flight" instinct (which in our cases are ramped up due to heightened adrenaline and cortisol, causing us those high-anxiety feelings). The only wat to calm and heal the limbic system is to remind it of the good things, and to fill it with new good experiences. For more on that, see: 

We are all here to support you through this! You will recover and see the sun again. And JanCarol is very correct - go out and actually see the sun!

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

9 hours ago, JanCarol said:

Hey Jennifer - 

what can you express gratitude for?

I know that times are tough - and the first year is often the toughest.

But I believe that the best way to make it easier is to look for things you are grateful for.

Like I posted before, sometimes it is a small thing.  I am grateful that I slept last night (I could go on about how hard it was to get to sleep, and how draggy I am today from how that went - but that's focusing on symptoms.  Instead, I just express gratitude that I slept!).  I am grateful that I will have a raw food smoothie and fresh popcorn tonight.  (I make the best popcorn!).

What are you grateful for?  Some people in recovery like to keep a gratitude journal, where they discipline every day to post - the sky was clear today.  I received a kind word from a stranger.  I was present enough to offer a kind word to a stranger.  The food tasted good.  My left hand doesn't hurt.  My thinking seems clearer.  My cat's fur is soft.  ANYTHING that you can express gratitude for.

Sometimes the windows are tiny - like a second that it felt good to pat the cat.  If you acknowledge those tiny windows, it tells your brain and nervous system what is desireable, and it will work towards bringing you more of those.  

This is a great place to post a gratitude journal.

What else are you doing for your healing and well being?  Epsom salt baths?  Epsom Salts - Another Way to Relax with Magnesium
Have you tried Magnesium and Omega-3 fish oil ?

Have you tried Claire Weekes?  Dr. Claire Weekes - Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

Or a little Mindfulness?  Bliss Johns Mindfulness

Or maybe sun-walks?  A daily walk in the sun is excellent for mood - as it time spent outside with your toes in the grass.  

Try some things, tell us what you have tried.  Keep trying, until you find what works for you.  Then let us know!  Use your creativity and imagination to build a practice and a program - a ladder, as it will - or a surfboard - to help you get through these waves.

I hope you see the sun today.

JanCarol, I started a gratitude list a long time ago and I add to it daily. It is a least a mile long.

I have taken every bit of advice that I've got from people on what to do and not do though this. Yes, I've done salt baths, I take magnesium and fish oil every day. I've been listening to Dr Weekes on YouTube and I do spen a lot of time outside. 

Thank you JanCarol for all your wisdom and encouragement! It's greatly appreciated! 

Trazodone 100mg stopped November 2016

Lamictal 200mg stopped November 2016

Celexa 40mg stopped 12-01-16

Abilify 10mg stopped 12-01-16

Wellbutrin XL stopped 6-14-18

I have been on some type of meds for @ least 15 years.

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

So have you had any breakthroughs?

Have you had other changes - like stressors that might be extending your waves?

I'm glad to hear you have some practices in place - 

I hope you feel better soon, and

I do hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone-I just wanted to drop in & post. It's been 8 months since I've stopped many of my meds. Oh my Sweet Jesus I pray for healing and I pray that I made the right decision. Thank you everyone for everything. God Bless! 

Symptoms that I'm still struggling with are anxiety/depression and hopelessness. This is so overwhelming and I'm getting wore out. I really honestly thought I made the right decision. I'm trying to still figure that out. Obviously these meds really do change us. I'm still on the fence about what I've done & what I should do. I sure thought I would be a lot better 8 months into this. 

GOD BLESS! 🙏

Hi jennifer78 , I have read your story so far over the last  8 months and I want you to know that I feel your daily pain , I have been of all my meds for 5 months now and everything you are experiencing I am having the same , the anxiety , deep depression, the hopelessness plus I have terrible physical symptoms , I don't know how I get through each day , I have not had a window , I have had to give up work and I am house bound with crippling depression and anxiety , I to was taken in by the chemical imbalance nonsense, how I have got through 5 months is beyond me and I keep hoping and praying that tomorrow becomes my day of a window but nothing is happening , I am also wore out by all this , I think that I have been changed permantly , I just can't see me doing this for another 5 months with no better days , like you I am on the fence , how long do we give it , no quality of life living everyday in hope but suffer so badly , I keep thinking of going back on a med to try and get some stability but I am so afraid of it pushing me over the edge , I hope you get the window you deserve , I wish I could jump forward in time 3 years to see how things pan out if I stay free , but I worry what if I find I'm still like this , I'm sorry for what you are going through , and I hope their is some light for you soon 

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

On 8/2/2017 at 11:56 AM, Terry4949 said:

Hi jennifer78 , I have read your story so far over the last  8 months and I want you to know that I feel your daily pain , I have been of all my meds for 5 months now and everything you are experiencing I am having the same , the anxiety , deep depression, the hopelessness plus I have terrible physical symptoms , I don't know how I get through each day , I have not had a window , I have had to give up work and I am house bound with crippling depression and anxiety , I to was taken in by the chemical imbalance nonsense, how I have got through 5 months is beyond me and I keep hoping and praying that tomorrow becomes my day of a window but nothing is happening , I am also wore out by all this , I think that I have been changed permantly , I just can't see me doing this for another 5 months with no better days , like you I am on the fence , how long do we give it , no quality of life living everyday in hope but suffer so badly , I keep thinking of going back on a med to try and get some stability but I am so afraid of it pushing me over the edge , I hope you get the window you deserve , I wish I could jump forward in time 3 years to see how things pan out if I stay free , but I worry what if I find I'm still like this , I'm sorry for what you are going through , and I hope their is some light for you soon 

Terry, thank you so much for reaching out. I do want to make a point to let you know that things are not as bad as they were when I started this journey. The only thing that's trying to linger on longer than I appreciate is the anxiety/depression. That's what makes me feel hopeless because well those 2 feelings are very important for me to function in my life. I've never experienced such debilitating anxiety/depression until I stopped most of my med cocktail and even a thought of feeling like this for the rest of my life is terrifying to me. I'm only 39 and in my opinion that is still young. Don't feel down about no windows yet as I have yet to experienced a window either. I thought I had a window months ago for about less than 5 minutes but I'm not considering that a window. I'm really going to try to give this a year before I make a decision about what to do. I am praying that you will try to do the same, only because way deep down I'm curious how I will feel after giving my brain/body a year without all those meds. I'm going to read through your thread just so I can get to know your situation a little better. Please reach out anytime you want. I will try to help you in any way possible. I will definitely pray for you! God Bless Terry! Let's just try to hang in there a little longer. We never know but this could be the best blessing that we've yet ever experienced. So let's just hang tight for a couple minutes and see what could be to come. 

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to drop in & say it was 9 months yesterday that I dropped meds.

All I can say is Lord please help me! The depression/anxiety is overwhelming. I don't know how long I can live life like this. It's just about unbearable. God Bless each & everyone of us!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

Light and healing to you, Jennifer.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 1 month later...

It’s been 10 months on this horrible journey. Ditto to my last post.

GOD BLESS! 🙏

I'm sorry you are still feeling bad😳 I'm not very knowledgeable about any of this stuff just plodding through day by day. I'm 12 weeks off celexa and my anxiety is not terrible but I still have stomachache every single day,anxiety as soon as I open my eyes and just the general feeling that I'm not my self. I worry everyday that I'll never be "normal" again and I often wonder is it really worth it? Should I just give in and go back on another ssri? I'm my own worst enemy😜 But I try to stop and think about the symptoms that have improved and the sleeping has gotten better (5-6) hours nightly which at the beginning was maybe 2 a night. And I'm just trying to keep going and not give up. I am hear to listen if you ever need an ear and hoping you feel a window soon🌞

Celexa 40mg on it for approximately14 months weaned off July 5, 2017

Ativan 0.5 mg as needed (2-3 times a week)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jennifer,

Sending hugs to you. 

Please hang in there. 

Are you able to see any improvements at all, even slight? Are there any things that seem to help? It seems like this will just be a matter of time, and waiting through it. 

<<<Hugs>>>

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Hello Miss SkyBlue,

Yes I have seen improvements. All my physical symptoms I had are gone for good I do believe. I’m sleeping better on most nights. Some nights stink but most are ok. It’s the awful anxiety and depression that is not going away in a timely fashion. 

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jennifer. I'm glad the physical symptoms have improved. To me the emotional symptoms can be more difficult. Good for you for hanging on. Easier said than done, but try to focus on just today. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone-

Can someone please give me some advice? It’s been 11 months today that I gave up the meds except I’m still taking Wellbutrin. I’m still  really struggling with anxiety and depression. I just don’t know if this is normal 11 months later. I’m beginning to wonder if I took the meds for too long and it has now made me to where I am going to battle depression and anxiety for the rest of my life.  I never struggled with these two things before I started taking the medication. I had some anxiety when I did something wrong or was really worried about something but I was always able to give it to God and shake it off. I’m lost on what to do & if this is normal to still be dealing with 11 months later?

GOD BLESS! 🙏

Hi Jennifer78 - it's great to see you!

Oh honey - don't give up hope, there is no need at all! Yes you'll heal and yes it's within many people's experience to be struggling along at your stage. You're doing so well!!! You'll never have to relive these past 11 months again - ever!

I know my anxiety is caused by my drug taking and subsequent stop - I'd never experienced it previously at all. So if it started with withdrawal, I figure it will ease off and end when the withdrawal and brain remodelling has taken place. I can't rush it and I just kind of have to accept it, and in some ways I try and embrace it, or at least not fight it - I call it 'my new friend anxiety' (not very catchy sorry!). Don't get me wrong it annoys the heck out of me!!

The depressed feeling are so insidious aren't they - sneaking in and stealing the colour out of the world. Well, that's withdrawal too, and it will pass. I love that you've got a gratitude list - I'm hopeless at even finding any list I start :)

Do you wonder if we could accept that life doesn't look the way we hoped and expected it to right now (ie that we'd be feeling happy or at the very least not grey and anxious) do you think that would help?

If we perhaps considered that there wasn't a right or wrong way to be right now, but just accepting that this is kind of the way it is,  and try not wish it were tons different.  I'm just thinking out loud, so just ignore if that makes zero sense - I just feel like such a failure at life right now, that I wonder if pushing the stop button on what I imagine I would have been doing/achieving/feeling would help, and maybe it might help you as well? Ignore if that's all a load of nonsense! 

Lots of love as always xxxmollyn

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 1 month later...

1 year today! 🤯 God help us! 🙏🏼

GOD BLESS! 🙏

1 hour ago, Jennifer78 said:

1 year today! 🤯 God help us! 🙏🏼

How are you doing?

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2017 at 5:32 PM, coldturkmama said:

How are you doing?

It’s been 13 months. 

I dont even know what to say. 

Happy New Year!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone!...

I just wanted to drop in & say hello 👋!

It has been 1yr & 2 months(14 months). Things have been @ times easier than this time a year ago. I’m still dealing with anxiety and depression from the meds. I only say it’s from the meds because I didn’t have depression before I started taking medication and the only anxiety I would have before starting medication was if I didn’t something that I felt was wrong. I think that kind of anxiety is normal. 

Keep in touch and God Bless! 😇

GOD BLESS! 🙏

27 minutes ago, Jennifer78 said:

Hello Everyone!...

It has been 1yr & 2 months(14 months). Things have been @ times easier than this time a year ago. I’m still dealing with anxiety and depression from the meds. I only say it’s from the meds because I didn’t have depression before I started taking medication and the only anxiety I would have before starting medication was if I didn’t something that I felt was wrong. I think that kind of anxiety is normal. 

do you think it’s worth it? 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

39 minutes ago, Jennifer78 said:

Hello Everyone!...

So, do you think it’s worth it? How are you dealing with the depression? 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

1 hour ago, Downbutnotout said:

So, do you think it’s worth it? How are you dealing with the depression? 

Hello Downbutnotout,...

How are you doing? I hope all is well.

Do I think what is worth it? 

For the depression,....I have done a couple things. 1st & most important is that I have relied on God. There is absolutely no way I would have got this far without Him. I keep a couple scriptures close to my heart. HOPE! I have also seen a therapist to help guide me through this. I try to keep persevering minute by minute. Reading has helped a lot to. I recommend a book by Charles Stanley “Courageous Faith”. It’s a great book. Reading helps keeps my hope alive and keeps me occupied. Keeping myself occupied is very important for me because then I’m not feeling/thinking about it constantly. 

GOD BLESS! 🙏

2 hours ago, Jennifer78 said:

Hello Downbutnotout,...

How are you doing? I hope all is well.

Do I think what is worth it? 

For the depression,....I have done a couple things. 1st & most important is that I have relied on God. There is absolutely no way I would have got this far without Him. I keep a couple scriptures close to my heart. HOPE! I have also seen a therapist to help guide me through this. I try to keep persevering minute by minute. Reading has helped a lot to. I recommend a book by Charles Stanley “Courageous Faith”. It’s a great book. Reading helps keeps my hope alive and keeps me occupied. Keeping myself occupied is very important for me because then I’m not feeling/thinking about it constantly. 

I’m glad you can find hope with your faith. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/5/2018 at 3:15 PM, Jennifer78 said:

Hello Everyone!...

Hi, Jennifer,

I'm glad you checked in. I'm glad you said "from the meds," because that is definitely what this is caused by. You are doing an excellent job of enduring. Hang in there.... Hugs to you. <3

• 1 month later...

Well it’s been 1 year and 4 months. It seems like I’ve been stuck in the same place for a couple months. I don’t understand why but I pray it passes & soon. 

I’m still praying for each and every one of us. God Bless!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

Please update your signature if needed, thank you:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, ChessieCat said:

Please update your signature if needed, thank you:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

I’m not sure what I’m supposed to update?!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• Moderator Emeritus

The last dosage you listed for Wellbutrin was 300mg on 7-15-17.  If that is your current dosage, there is nothing to update.  If that isn't your current dosage, please update to show that dosage.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

3 hours ago, Gridley said:

The last dosage you listed for Wellbutrin was 300mg on 7-15-17.  If that is your current dosage, there is nothing to update.  If that isn't your current dosage, please update to show that dosage.

Gridley,

That is still my current dose.

Thank you!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

• 4 years later...

Hi @Jennifer78 Its been a while! how have you been??

2013-2021 Lexapro 20mg

10-21 started lexapro tapering

3-22 lexapro free
5-22 started to get paresthesia all over body mainly in legs , numbness, tingling, stinging sensations 

6-22 neurologist started me on Lyrica 25mg twice a day to see if it helps with the paresthesia, got a nerve conduction test which was negative

6-22 neurologist suggested quitting lyrica as it isnt seem to be helping, and reinstating 5mg lexapro to see if it helps with the symptoms, thinking of starting lower at 2.5mg

6-13-22 stopped lyrica by doctor order (only took it 4 days )

6-14-22 reinstated 2.5mg lexapro

6-15-22 neurologist added 10mg amitriptyline to try and help with paresthesia sensory symptoms

6-22-22 updose to 5mg lexapro (bad reaction, paresthesia got worse, back to 2.5mg next day)

6-27-22 went to see a new internal doctor, per symptoms (lack of appetite that had been going on for almost a month, the paresthesia, and gi problems), told me to suspend everything i was taking and take new low dose combination drug (Adepsique) 5mg amitriptyline/ 1.5mg Diazepam / 1mg Perphenazine and 40mg Propranolol for daytime sinus tachycardia

• 7 months later...

Hi Jennifer! Wondering how you are doing. God bless you.

2021/2 - 2021/5: Xanax 1mg, zopiclone 3.75mg; 2021/5 - 2021/8: Xanax 1mg, zopiclone 3.75mg, venlafaxine 225mg; 2021/8 - 2021/11: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, rexulti 2mg, mirtazapine 30mg, zopiclone 3.75mg; 2021/11 - 2021/12: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, rexulti 2mg

Crashed, mirtazapine WD(didn't know at that time)

2022/1 - 2022/3: Clonazapem 2mg, venlafaxine 225mg, bupropion 300mg; 2022/4 - 2022/5:Clonazapem 1mg, venlafaxine 187.5mg, trazodone 100mg

2022/5 - 2022/8/15: Clonazepam 0.5mg(wean off), trazodone 100mg, lexapro 20mg(cross taper), rexulti 3mg

Crashed, suspect to be benzo WD

2022/8/16 - 2022/9/7: Clonazepam  0.5mg, venlafaxine 150mg(side effect this time), rexulti 3mg, trazodone 100mg, seroquel 25mg; 2022/9/8 - 2022/10/1: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 20mg(cross taper), rexulti 3mg, trazodone 50mg, seroquel 25mg; 2022/10/2 - 2022/11/8: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 10mg, trazodone 25mg

Crashed since 10/9

2022/11/9 - 2022/11/15: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg; 2022/11/16 - 2022/12/2: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 5mg; 2022/12/3 - 2022/12/21: Clonazapem 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 2.5mg

Fly back to China from Canada, 13hrs jet lag triggered severe wave til today.

2022/12/22 - 2023/3/21: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 5mg, dayvigo 5mg

2023/3/21 - now: Clonazepam 1mg, trintellix 10mg, dayvigo 5mg