Siamese: tapering Lexapro

Siamese

Hello Everyone,

I am so grateful I found this SA forum. I am tapering liquid Lexapro, after 6 years struggling with it without adequate doctor's advice. (Did CT and restarted and so on).  I found out that the drops coming from the bottle are not measuring each the same amount. Bottle says, one drop is one mgr. It is not.  Bottle contains 15 ml, equivalent to 20 mgrs Lexapro. This is the Lundbeck Lexapro available here in Holland.

I bought the medicine scale, I've been reading about here, and began to weigh the drops. It's terrifying. None of them measures the same weight. Now I know for sure why I didn't stabilize for such a long time.

English is not my first language but I hope you understand. 

Reading all your stories en experiences are helping me a lot. Thank you for that.

I try to survive too, it's hard but I really want to deal with it. 

O, the AD was given to me because of menopause issues... I wish I would have known what I know now...

June 2010 Citalopram 10 mgr. Jan 2012 ct, went in awful withdrawal but didn't know. Crashed.

Feb 2013 start Lexapro 10 mg Feb 2015  5mgr and a week after 2,5 mgr.  Crashed. Therapist never heard of withdrawal.

Reinstated 5 mgr. Didn't stabilize at all but kept taking. 

Jan. 2016 Liquid Lexapro 2 mg. Crashed. Up to 5 mgr. again

Nov 2016 4 mgr, Jan 2017 3mgr, Feb 2 mgr. Current tapering with measuring the liquid with scale, 1,07 mgr. 

Know now I'm in protracted withdrawal

For sleep: Ativa 2mgr, Zolpidem 10 mgr.

10/01/2017 Lexapro 0,46 liquid bij scale weighing.

Ativan 1mg for sleep  and 10 mgr zolpidem.Fish oil 2000mg. Magnesiummalaat 500 mg. vit D3 3000IE Phosphatidyl Serine 100mg.

11/09/2017 zero Lexapro 04/01/2019 zero Ativan

Hi Siamese,

Im glad you have found sa.

Your english seems good to me. It would be good though to clarify a few things tht might be getting lost in translation.

Bottle says, one drop is one mgr.

Are you sure it says one drop ?

began to weigh the drops

??Can you explain what you mean by this?

Are you translating the word 'drop' correctly.

Are you translating the word 'scale' correctly. Do you mean syringe?

Bottle contains 15 ml, equivalent to 20 mgrs Lexapro.

This sounds more correct.

We dont weight the liquid we measure it out with a syringe.

Can you explain as best as you can how you are measuring?weighing? your dosages.

Can you talk us through what you do to get 1.07mg. You may well be doing stuff correctly its just that things may be getting muddled in translation.

Dont worry you are not alone this whole site is full of people hoodwinked by the medical profession pushing chemicals for off label purposes. We all regret ever taking this stuff ...at least i do.

Hey well done on doing the drug sig.

Welcome.

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Administrator

Welcome, Siamese.

An oral syringe is the best way to measure a liquid dose. Please read Using an oral syringe and other tapering techniques

What is your current symptom pattern? Please do not reduce again until we discuss this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you for answering. I'll try to explain.

The glass bottle has a dropper on it. No syringe. 15 ml bottle/20 mgr Lexapro. So, if you turn the bottle, one by one a drop comes out. Each drop should contain 1 mgr Lexapro. I used to let it drop on a teaspoon and put it in my mouth with a piece of banana or something. I trusted that way of dosage but found out that the amount on the spoon looked different every day and it was!!!

I went to the pharmacist and asked them to do the math, so I could go and weigh the drops. They told me 1 drop = 0,05ml, containing 1 mgr Lexapro.

I put nowadays the drops on the digital weighing scale and with a tissue suck up from the scale till the right amount, and swallow. Not the tissue, that I trow away. I really have to laugh now, because it sounds weird, but I don't know how to translate this correctly.

Currently 0,056 and taper every week 1 point. Next week 0,055 and so on. 

If this is not correct please let me know! 

My withdrawal symptoms: Vomiting, dizziness, falling down. headaches, extreme pressure in my ears.Hearing loss in left ear and tinnitus. Brain zaps/electric shocks. Unreal feeling, fog. The list is long. 

Vomiting is getting less now.

I live alone and my friends and family don't understand and can't give support. Simply they do not understand what is going on with me for such a long time.  How could they know? I myself didn't know till I found your website! I kept days and nights reading here, still do.

Thank you for your support!

June 2010 Citalopram 10 mgr. Jan 2012 ct, went in awful withdrawal but didn't know. Crashed.

Feb 2013 start Lexapro 10 mg Feb 2015  5mgr and a week after 2,5 mgr.  Crashed. Therapist never heard of withdrawal.

Nov 2016 4 mgr, Jan 2017 3mgr, Feb 2 mgr. Current tapering with measuring the liquid with scale, 1,07 mgr. 

Ativan 1mg for sleep  and 10 mgr zolpidem.Fish oil 2000mg. Magnesiummalaat 500 mg. vit D3 3000IE Phosphatidyl Serine 100mg.

Siamese i am still confused (easily done) as to what dose you are taking

In most things in life 'close enough is good enough' the exception being when it comes to tapering off these drugs.

I believe from what you have written that your pharmacist maths is not consistent with what is on the lexapro label. Thats a big call for me to make because pharmacists are exceptionally good at maths. So i could be missing something.

You could be doing things correctly but could you advise these two things:

1. Get an appropriate syringe and measure out how much is left in the lex bottle.

2. When you take your next dose out then remeasure what is left in the bottle.

Advise 1 and 2 .

nz11

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Thank you NZ11!

I'm so confused, I thought it was the right thing I was doing. I am going to check again with my pharmacist. I'll go there tomorrow and will post what they have answered. 

Thanks

Great

That link from alto on tapering with a syringe is well worth reading.

Recovering paxil addict

Yes, I've been reading that and I do understand. But I have to break the bottle for coming the liquid out, there is a dropper or dripper, how you call it? on the bottle. I can't just open it and let the stuff come out. So I was figuring out that one drip/drop couldn't weight the same amount as the other. Sometimes two drops/drips come in same time. That I visionally  observed and I got suspicious. One drop/drip should be containing  1 mgr Lexapro, there also ethanol in it, so you have to know wat the weight is.  The dripper is not accurate so if dosage is 5 drops a day,  you are never sure, it also can be  7 or 8 or even minus and you are not aware! 

I also contacted the distributor about this problem en they know! But they asked me to give permission for insight in my medical reports  from my doctors office and want to use that for clinical research at their own behalf of course. After that I was very alert and asked advise from a lawyer. Wellknown in medical issues. I'm still in that, but it is so hard to take all this at this moment. My mind is spinning. I want to fight but I know I will lose in the end and where am I by then? I just want to let people know how dangerous these medicines are. 

You know, it's already 2.30 am here and I can't sleep because I'm so very anxious that I'm messing my brain up by doing something wrong with the tapering.

Well it sounds to me you may be using this:

http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/27010

Look if you feel this set up is not satisfactory for getting accurate dosages then you perhaps should talk to your pharmacist about getting a bottle that can be opened easily and the mg:ml confirmed.

Can you get the pharmacist to re-confirm the mg/ml that you have in the bottle.

This is also worth reading.

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Recovering paxil addict

NZ11

Yes, that is right. Today I'm totally messed up. Didn't sleep at all.  I try to be very careful tapering. Anyway, feel miserable, but that's what the tapering off does. Didn't go to the pharmacy today, driving at the moment is no good idea. 

The product is very, very strong and therefore I will take another year for tapering the last mgr. 

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate that!

• Moderator Emeritus

Your pharmacist may be able to put the liquid in a bottle that makes it easier to use a syringe. It could be worth asking.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 5 months later...
On 3 mei 2017 at 3:30 PM, Siamese said:

NZ11

Yes, that is right. Today I'm totally messed up. Didn't sleep at all.  I try to be very careful tapering. Anyway, feel miserable, but that's what the tapering off does. Didn't go to the pharmacy today, driving at the moment is no good idea. 

The product is very, very strong and therefore I will take another year for tapering the last mgr. 

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate that!

I'm still in bad withdrawal, however I've  decreased now at 2.2 mgr Lexapro,  using the BrassMonkeySlideMethod. 1 mgr Ativan and 10 mgr zolpidem for sleep. It's so hard getting by. I've stopped explaining to friends and family what is happening to me. Feel lonely and sad. I keep weighing the liquid Lex on a jewelry scale, because I'm used to it and feel very anxious to mix it with water os so.

Ow, I made a mistake. I'm on 0,22 mgr Lexapro

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Siamese,

I'm also tapering Lexapro. I must say you are the first person tapering by measuring liquid with a scale. That's why it is hard for me to understand how your taper is going but if you you are highly symptomatic it means you are going too fast.

We talk about protracted withdrawal after somebody has stopped taking the drugs and is experiencing withdrawal symptoms months and even years later.

While you are tapering you should actually remove the drug so slowly as to allow your brain the time to reverse all the changes it occurred in the presence of the drug. That's why it is important not to rush. And it is your symptoms telling you whether you are going too fast. A proper taper should be with low symptoms indicating that the brain is not traumatized too much and that there won't be crashes. 

Here is a great post explaining what is happening to our brains as we taper:

I'm looking at your signature now: does it meant that in February you were taking 2 mg? (dropping from 3 mg to 2 mg is something like 35 % decrease which is huge compared to 10 % we recommend for smooth tapering). When tapering is done properly you don't need other drugs. We are not achieving much if we end up taking 2 drugs instead of one. 

I'm afraid that the method you are using is not allowing you to have a control of your taper. How do you know by how much you are reducing? I make my own liquid from pills

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Hi Bubble,

I've decreased to 0,016 mgr. liquid; on scale 0,008. I put a drop of liquid on the scale which is about 0,060 and suck up with a piece of tissue till it reaches  the right amount( 0,0016). Here the Lexapro comes in a 15 ml bottle containing 20 mgr Lexapro.

I do think it is quite accurate, well anyway I hope so.

Sometimes I've my "moments", but I feel much better since I'm under 1mgr.

Yes, I know about protracted withdrawal. I've been suffering for such a long time and  didn't understand what was happening to me. No understanding at all, doctors are so ignorant.  I'm so glad I've found this site, it saved my life. 

My life changed forever. There is a time before Lex and a time after... Well, lately I dare to drive again and doing my  daily stuff. I was unable to do that for years. Before I was a healthy woman, travelling all over the world on my own. Work and leisure. 

Than at a certain point I crashed and was put on medication. I had no idea! I was told I had a huge depression and I started to believe that. Well, the rest is history.

I've learned here from all of you and your stories wat I had to do and I made my own plan. Don't see doctors or counselors anymore. 

I spent day's, weeks, month's, reading here and am very, very, grateful that so many people share their story's. It's been a life saver for me.

As I told, English is not my native language, but I do understand it very well, although I'm a bit insecure writing it ... That's why I don't post much, but I'm here almost every hour of the day.

I really appreciate your reply, thank you Bubble!

O, o, I made again a mistake with numbers. 0,008 liquid= 0,016 mgr Lexpro.

Pffff tired, it's 1.40 am.

• 3 weeks later...

Made the big jump today. Zero Lexapro. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations! and good luck.  Please remember to update your signature Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you ChessieCat!!!  I updated my signature. 

Two day's off. Brainfog, fatigue, feeling little depressed. It's not nice, but I don't worry. I've been through hell already, so I know what to expect, eventually. 

3 day's off. Brainzapps, bad sleep, electric sensations. No panic.

Doing quite well. Bit concerned about one of mij Siamese cats. I breed them. Both have been to mate and now one of them has got a sore throat. Maybe tomorrow going to the vet.

So, I'm expecting in the first week of Januari  litters... I do so hope I will progress and can enjoy.

5th day off. Feeling well. Cat's are doing fine too, producing off spring.. 

Force myself going outside every day unless feeling anxious. Hope to pass the 3 months withdrawal line without much more symptoms.

7th day off Lexapro and also decreased  today Ativan to 0,5. Feel okay.  So, zero Lexapro, 0,5 Ativan, 10 mgr Zolpidem at the moment,  long way to go though. 

My Siamese Cat's are my most most important issue right now. They are expecting. Have to  take good care of them. God bless I don't need to work and be able take care of them.

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks of off Lexapro. Last week a kind of a wave. A little stress and to stress it out a bit hard. I live on my own. Cat's doing fine and comfort me.

• 2 weeks later...

6 weeks off. Tired, depressed, nausea now and then. The racing thoughts are terrible. I can handle though.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hard times, keep going.  Cat's are giving birth in a week and a half. Thought that would comfort me, but at the moment I'm not sure. Oooo, if I had known... life before Leaxapro was so much better.

Tomorrow also going to meet a German Shepard pup. Don't have any confidence in people anymore, will live my live with pets and the animals surrounding my house. I live in the woods. 7 weeks off Lexapro now. Keep telling myself, go strong, Yvonne you can do this.

Hi Siamese, 

we have have a quite similar history with lexapro with multiple up and sown with doses. I have been on lexapro for 9 years initially for headache  and  now 3 months off. 

I hope oped your lexapro free journey is easier and shorter than mine.

lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

feel terrible at the moment, don't know wat to do. my pets need me and that's keeping me alive, are almost in labour. forgive me my poor english. I'm not in a good state right now.   just seeking for some comfort. thank you all for a replying

Edited by Altostrata
removed blank lines

On 22/10/2017 at 1:37 AM, Siamese said:

Here the Lexapro comes in a 15 ml bottle containing 20 mgr Lexapro.

@Siamese

It seems you are off of escitalopram, anyway I will correct this statement...

"15 ml bottle containing 20mg/ml of Lexapro", instead "15 ml bottle containing 20 mgr Lexapro". 

Just not to mislead anyone...

Morning

Escitalopram 10 mg from 2005 to present

Dec 10.17 reduced to 9 mg; reinstated 10 mg; Jan 2.18 9 mg; Fev 12.18 8 mg; Jan 30.20 5 mg; Feb 6.20 reinstated 6 mg

Ethyl Loflazepate 2 mg from 2005 to present

Night

Mirtazapine 15 mg from 2015 to present (November reinforcement 30mg) Dec 8.17 15 mg

Levomepromazine 25 mg started November 2017

8/12/2017 12.5 mg; 13/12/17 6.25 mg; 20/12/2017 3.125 mg; 23/12/2017 last 3.125 mg

Clonazepam 2 mg started Nov. 2017 (occasionally) ; last week 2 mg; Dec 19.17 1 mg; Dec 21.17 1.5 mg ; Dec 22.17 2 mg; Jan 2.2018 1.9 mg; Jan 7.2018 3mg; Jan 8.18 2mg; Jan 16.18 1.8 mg; Jan 17.18 1.5 mg ; Jan 18.18 1.7 mg; Jan 19.18 1.6 mg; Fev 12.18 1.5 mg; Jan 30.20 0.5 mg

Xanax XR 1 mg in subtitution of Ethyl Loflazepate 2mg (occasionally)

Yes, that's correct.  Thank you. Can't cope anymore. I'm Yvonne from the Netherlands. Hope helping my Siamese cat's giving birth, but I really am desperate. Never understood these feelings from other people telling me, now I myself is deep, very deep into this and truly want to sleep and never wake up again. 

Hang on. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

• 2 months later...

4 months of off Lexapro. Last december and januari were tough, very tough. At the moment I'm doing kind of fine. Now tapering Ativan. Same way as I did with the Lexapro, slow, very slow. 

Headaches, itchy, pins and needles, but mild. 

I hired a lawyer, for what happened to me and the mistakes made by the doctor's. I have no idea if this is successful but I can't just sit and do nothing. I'm so disappointed and angry, I lost all confidence in people. In my darkest hours I was left alone, even by my friends and family. They didn't believe it was the drugs making me so sick and desperate. 

But hey, how strong am I.... 

• 7 months later...

One year of off Lexapro! 

By the way, I won the case and have been offered a settlement, just today.  Not a great amount of money though, but that was never important to me. It's the awareness what I wanted and I will keep spreading the word

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow!!!  What great news about you winning the case.  You might like to create a topic in this area of the forum as an encouragement to other members:  events-controversies-actions

And congratulations for getting of Lexapro.

Please update your drug signature with dates and doses so we can see how you did your taper.  Thank you.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management