Siamese: tapering Lexapro

Siamese

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Siamese said:

One year of off Lexapro! 

Congratulations! How are you feeling now?

17 hours ago, Siamese said:

By the way, I won the case and have been offered a settlement, just today.  Not a great amount of money though, but that was never important to me. It's the awareness what I wanted and I will keep spreading the word

Yes, please tell us the details, either in  events-controversies-actions or Off-Topic if you want only site members to read it.

Did your Siamese cat have kittens? Please post photos!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/9/2018 at 5:03 PM, Siamese said:

By the way, I won the case and have been offered a settlement, just today.  Not a great amount of money though, but that was never important to me. It's the awareness what I wanted and I will keep spreading the word

THANK YOU for your action and awareness and CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Are you able to tell us a bit more about it?

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Here's an update after 14 months of off Lexapro. It was/is a hell of a ride. Small windows, big waves. The waves mean: bedridden, housebound, vomiting, muscle weakness, depersonalization, derealization, feeling completely drugged. 

Just coming out of a wave now. I hope it was the last one that bad. 

Never, never, I will touch any antidepressants in my life again. 

Well, I just keep going and hope that I will be "normal" in a year or so.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:48 PM, Altostrata said:

Congratulations! How are you feeling now?

Yes, please tell us the details, either in  events-controversies-actions or Off-Topic if you want only site members to read it.

Did your Siamese cat have kittens? Please post photos!

June 2010 Citalopram 10 mgr. Jan 2012 ct, went in awful withdrawal but didn't know. Crashed.

Feb 2013 start Lexapro 10 mg Feb 2015  5mgr and a week after 2,5 mgr.  Crashed. Therapist never heard of withdrawal.

Reinstated 5 mgr. Didn't stabilize at all but kept taking. 

Jan. 2016 Liquid Lexapro 2 mg. Crashed. Up to 5 mgr. again

Nov 2016 4 mgr, Jan 2017 3mgr, Feb 2 mgr. Current tapering with measuring the liquid with scale, 1,07 mgr. 

Know now I'm in protracted withdrawal

For sleep: Ativa 2mgr, Zolpidem 10 mgr.

10/01/2017 Lexapro 0,46 liquid bij scale weighing.

Ativan 1mg for sleep  and 10 mgr zolpidem.Fish oil 2000mg. Magnesiummalaat 500 mg. vit D3 3000IE Phosphatidyl Serine 100mg.

11/09/2017 zero Lexapro 04/01/2019 zero Ativan

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

How are you doing Siamese?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Siamese: tapering Lexapro