SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Gut bugs and healing diets: prescription for profound healing

GiaK

first posted here: http://wp.me/p5nnb-dGu

The bugs in our gut, good and bad, have consciousness. Good ones keep us happy and healthy. The bad ones mess with us in a multitude of ways.

Many bad microbes colonize in ways that underscore and support neural pathways of trauma. As we heal our gut we heal both our minds and bodies. This is a synergistic relationship so one can work on emotional and psychological issues and heal the gut and one can also work on healing the gut and find that emotional and psychological issues also reveal themselves that way. Either way we must tend to both our emotional/spiritual selves and our physical body when dealing with profound healing and transformation. This may happen more or less consciously depending on levels of awareness. The more aware we become the deeper the transformation becomes. Simple mindfulness and paying attention to the body (meditation) allows such awareness to develop.

A lot of chronic illness is embodied trauma…sometimes we are not at all aware of how fear and pain has turned physical. We do not remember.

So we suffer real physical illness without understanding its etiology. For me embracing all aspects of my being has been necessary to heal.  We are kaleidoscopic beings — endlessly variant. Social, political, psychological, ecological, cultural, biological all having impact. When we don’t engage our kaleidoscopic reality in a very active way – thinking we understand anything at all is ridiculous. Everything Matters — it’s the meme I use as a title for my work because it encapsulates our essence..

Much of the healing process is simple trial and error…following inner impulses and then paying attention. So the only way to learn what we need is to try what we feel drawn to (the body knows a whole lot) and go from there. “Follow your bliss.”  (Expertly guided by the genius of my DNA)

This healing process been a massive deconditioning practice (that has ramifications in general awareness) because you see all the conditioning in the advice given from all the different healing camps which are, in general, deeply ideologically based.

I’ve done dozens of healing diets at this point and now simply know what I need and when (largely) — though the trial and error continues too it becomes more nuanced and precise. Every healing method I followed taught me to listen and learn. We can do that without attaching to the method. We don’t need to become annoying converts. Different things are appropriate for different people at different times. Different things are appropriate for us at different times.

One of the most important things I’ve learned is NO ONE knows what is right for us…and when it comes to diet everything out there is DOGMA.  (Diet and nutrition dogmatic ideologies are everywhere) And how little of it is actually anything real or concrete…

I have a lot of addict energy…I cling to anything that ever felt right and good… (Mental illness, addiction & most chronic illness is linked to childhood loss & trauma (Gabor Maté)

Yes, this addict energy is in most all of humanity — which is why the dogma and BS in every nutritional approach is hard to sort through. I want a nice convenient dogma to attach to…we all do…it makes things far easier if we don’t have to learn to listen to our bodies. We can just follow the rules of the dogma and be done with it. Except that doesn’t work for profound healing.

Clearly most people want that sort of easy dogmatic route to follow…which is why nutritional approaches are essentially religious…and all of them believe they are the only right way to go.

Be ready to let go of all the rules. Again and again. Even the ones we discover for ourselves…for our bodies. As we heal change is the only constant. What was perfect today and yesterday may need to be let go of tomorrow….I get attached to that which works now…and then overuse stuff…this is something to remain alert to.

More articles on GUT HEALING

More on healing with whole food

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

This is so true about letting go of the rules again and again. My son reminded me that I have a tendency to overuse when I find something works. Oh it is like see saw kind of thing at times. Well actually lots. But I am the driver of my bus now as much as possible. Some things are simply out of my control. Grateful to wake up each day and navigate the day.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy