thecowisback

thecowisback: wondering why I'm giving up Prozac

thecowisback

7/5

7am took prozac 5mg. very tired after little sleep. very anxious. heart banging. 

8.30 took kids to school. unbelievable anxiety levels. heart pounding. blurry vision. cannot concentrate on anything. 

bad anxiety and ocd all morning. 

2pm went into town to run errands. slightly calmer. 

4pm starting to feel 'high' as if i'd taken codeine. feeling lasted until around 9 pm when it faded. feeling much calmer but extremely tired. 

did the ironing while watchivng a movie.

11.30 pm took levothyroxine75mcg, sage 50mg, candesartan 4mg. went to bed. slept until 5 am then wide awake.

thecowisback

8/5

7 am took 5mg prozac. feeling anxious. 

8.30 took kids to school. feeling very angry over cars parked on the pavement near the school. kids told me i needed to calm down as i was angry. 

intrusive thoughts and racing heartbeat all morning. 

11.40 itching/tingling started on right ankle. had this afew weeks ago but it had gone away. 

5 pm cooked dinner. very anxious and lost my temper when someone complained about their dinner. hid in my room for an hour to calm down. very bad intrusive thoughts.

8 pm tried to watch a film but intrusive thoughts were bad. 

went to bed to read instead. 

11 pm took levothyroxine 75 mcg, candesartan 4 mg and sage 50 mg. went to bed. very restless night. woken at 1am by one of the kids having bad dreans. woken again at 5 by my husband as he couldn't sleep. 

thecowisback

9/5

7 am took prozac 5mg feeling anxious. intrusive thoughts. 

11 am went into town. racing heartbeat. trying to rush to get home. made myself slow down and finish my errands. 

1 pm had lunch. feeling dizzy and very tired. 

3.30 picked up kids. took one of them to a doctor's appointment. heart banging in the waiting room. 

5 pm cooked dinner. very anxious. 

7 pm watched a film with the family. lots of intrusive thoughts. very sleepy. 

10.30 pm  took levothyroxine 75 mcg, candesartan 4 mg and sage 50 mg. fell asleep quickly but then wide awake from 4 am. 

Tweet

Hope you're doing better! 

(I have had quite a bit of anxiety too. 

Definitely not fun.)

thecowisback

thanks tweet. x

thecowisback

10/5

7am took 5mg prozac. racing heartbeat. 

10am went to an appoitment. went well but still feeling very anxious. 

1pm had luch. still anxious but calmer than this morning. 

2pm ended up in a family argument. can't stop crying. 

3.30 had to pick kids up and pretend everything is normal. 

5 pm still crying. phoned a family member who tried to calm me down. 

7 pm still upset from the argument. spent the evening watching tv with the kids then went to bed early to read by myself and escape more arguments. 

11pm took candesartan 4 mg, levothyroxine 75mcg, sage 50mg. fell straight to sleep. up at 1.30 am. back to sleep around 2.30 and wide awake at 5 am. 

powerback
1 hour ago, thecowisback said:

ended up in a family argument.

this person needs to be avoided or educated about  your situation .

Do you reckon your anxiety is seeking out conflict to reduce tension inside you[a theory of mine in general  ].I believe my father has done this unconsciously he's whole life.  

but I understand how hair trigger sensitive we can be.the amount of energy I put into not reacting exhausts me.

Take care TCIB.

thecowisback

this person has a lot of problems of their own and i always seem to be their emotional punchbag. no chance of avoiding them sadly 😑 

powerback
Just now, thecowisback said:

this person has a lot of problems of their own and i always seem to be their emotional punchbag. no chance of avoiding them sadly 😑 

Point them in the direction of help because its not fair on you even without what your dealing with in withdrawal.

Take care.

thecowisback
3 minutes ago, powerback said:

Point them in the direction of help because its not fair on you even without what your dealing with in withdrawal.

Take care.

i've tried, believe me. they always tell me it's only me who's at fault and that i bother them with my ocd compulsions purely to make their lives more miserable. i really wish i could turn off my ocd and anxiety with a switch, and i am trying very hard to manage my anxiety and compulsions but it's slow going and every time i trip up they make me feel like a complete failure. 

powerback
Just now, thecowisback said:

i've tried, believe me. they always tell me it's only me who's at fault and that i bother them with my ocd compulsions purely to make their lives more miserable. i really wish i could turn off my ocd and anxiety with a switch, and i am trying very hard to manage my anxiety and compulsions but it's slow going and every time i trip up they make me feel like a complete failure. 

Yep its tricky ,ive been on both sides of this issue ,I owned up to my faults and and am much better at resovlving a situation.saying that im dealing with strong guilt emotions from my past behaviour.withdrawal is just marvelous.

Ide consider a counselor to referee persay in your "issues"going further,both sides have to see there faults in a situation or it could become untenable in the future.

Take care.

thecowisback

i'm not sure where to put this post so feel free to move it to where it's meant to be. there was a post on here a few days ago from a husband whose wife had been posting on here about withdrawals after having her baby,  but she had walked out of the house. i think they were in new york does anyone know what's happened since then? i can't find the thread. 

thecowisback

thankyou 😊

Rosetta

Hi.  How are you doing? -Rosetta

thecowisback

hi rosetta. not toooooo bad thankyou. i had a 2-3 day window earlier this week which was lovely. back to earth with a bump now but hoping more windows will come. 

how are you doing? 

Tweet

Hi, thecowisback. 

Glad you had a nice window.

😊

thecowisback
51 minutes ago, Tweet said:

Hi, thecowisback. 

Glad you had a nice window.

😊

thankyou 😀

thecowisback

when does the racing heartbeat ever stop? this was one of the first withdrawal symptoms i had and 2 years on it's still a daily problem. i've followed the dare programme for a couple of years and that's helped me carry on with things daily despite the fact that my heart is always racing. i've been checked out at the doctors and no heart problems but this symptom just carries on and on. the only time it stops is when i get a rare window. 

surely having your heart thumping like this all the time can't be good for you?