Plshelp: olanzapine 5mg

Plshelp

23 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Have you read Andy's story in Success Stories. He tapered off zyprexa/olanzapine and he describes his story and others on antipsychotics describe their's too: 

Madeline. Thanks. I hadn't read his story, but he had a completely different recovery. He had severe migraines ,nausea,heart palpitations,sickness,depression,mania,mood swings and relentless insomnia. 

I never had anything like that. I feel like my body is permanently damaged from the drugs. 

Others who have made recoveries usually have pretty severe withdrawal symptoms. I did not. 

:-(

Dec 2016 Risperidone 1 mg, Seroquel 25mg, Latuda 40mg 

Jan - Mar 2017 Paliperidone (invega) 6 -9mg, Zoloft, Mirtazapine, Proprananol, Ativan

Mar - Apr 2017 Aripiprazole (abilify) 10 mg

Apr 2017 - July 2017 Olanzapine (zyprexa) 5 mg tapered to 0mg

Oct 2017 - Present Effexor 37.5mg and Prozac 10mg 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plshelp

• Madeleine

• MollyN

• powerback

Top Posters In This Topic

But, isn't that a good sign if you did not have severe withdrawals?  If he got better even though he had all those symptoms - -both physical and mental/emotional I should think that you will get better too...

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

There are a few members how have posted in this topic:

You can post in that topic and perhaps re-start the conversation.

Also, clicking on the medication name tags just below your intro topic title will open a list of other topics with those tags -- introduction topics of other members taking that medication.  Reading others' intro topics may point you to someone who's experience is similar to yours.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

On 7/30/2017 at 0:15 PM, Madeleine said:

Have you read Andy's story in Success Stories. He tapered off zyprexa/olanzapine and he describes his story and others on antipsychotics describe their's too: 

Madeline, Thank you for posting that for me. I read it. It was inspiring that he's recovered so rapidly. 

Jan - Mar 2017 Paliperidone (invega) 6 -9mg, Zoloft, Mirtazapine, Proprananol, Ativan

So, I'm feeling pretty devasted. The other day my mom said that she would rather see me as a vegetable than what I am right now. She says I need to not spend so much time at home and go out and do things. I've tried to explain to her that I don't have motivation to do anything and I don't feel good whenever I do things. I feel like dying all the time. It's so hard for me to force myself to shower. I hate it and I wish that I could make my body do the things that I need to do, but it's almost impossible. 

Tonight mom had another fight with me. She said that I've been depressed for 4 years. I told her that the antipsychotics have damaged me and that this is totally different this time. She refuses to accept that. She said that maybe I should go for ECT on my brain if I'm so depressed. I told her that Francisco was severely depressed and they did ECT on him and he committed suicide. She told me that I fixate on reading about antipsychotics and she can't keep living like this with me. She says that it needs to stop. I can't make her understand what I'm going thru. She won't read anything about it. She told me that tomorrow I need to get on the phone and find a group home where I can live, b/c she can't take living like this anymore and she only has a couple years of life left and she'd like to enjoy it. 

I feel so helpless and brain damaged. Like I'm never going to recover. Idk if I can wait for months to see improvement. I'm in a return to work program and I struggle to do that 3x/wk. They told the insurance provider that I'm doing well. But I'm not. I can't think, I'm struggling severely with my memory and I feel so empty inside. I need to talk to my insurance provider and see what's up with the return to work.

Today I sat with a psychologist. He says that I sound extremely depressed and I need to force myself to do things and over time things will get better. But I've tried for months and nothing is getting better no matter how much I try. I feel like a dead zombie. A shell of who I used to be. This guy doesn't get it either regarding what these drugs do to ppl. I feel defeated by my psychiatrist, family doctor, parents, friends, psychologist, return to work ppl and my insurance provider. 

At least I have a few ppl here that care. So thank you. It's you ppl that are helping to keep me alive. I just don't know how much longer I can last like this. The thought of suicide scares me, as I want to get better and live, but I feel so damaged that it might not actually happen. 

On 7/31/2017 at 7:19 PM, scallywag said:

There are a few members how have posted in this topic:

You can post in that topic and perhaps re-start the conversation.

Also, clicking on the medication name tags just below your intro topic title will open a list of other topics with those tags -- introduction topics of other members taking that medication.  Reading others' intro topics may point you to someone who's experience is similar to yours.

Thank you scallywag. I will read this. 

I can very much relate to what you are up against clueless doctors, and health care workers and even opinionated family members who refuse to 'get it' .

Well we totally get it here.

It is next to impossible for people who have not experienced this to understand it imo.

It may be that they never get it.

I can't make her understand what I'm going thru.

Wdl has the ability to drag family members into emotional overdraft.

Is there another person in your life you can get unconditional support from.

One golden rule in life is never upset the landlord.

Be patient you will get better.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Mentor

Can you get your mother to join this group, and read?

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Mentor

Anti psychotics  (i got put on as a sleeping tablet) are the worst............. You doing well, keep trusting your own heart.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

11 hours ago, nz11 said:

I can very much relate to what you are up against clueless doctors, and health care workers and even opinionated family members who refuse to 'get it' .

Well we totally get it here.

It is next to impossible for people who have not experienced this to understand it imo.

It may be that they never get it.

I can't make her understand what I'm going thru.

Wdl has the ability to drag family members into emotional overdraft.

Is there another person in your life you can get unconditional support from.

One golden rule in life is never upset the landlord.

Be patient you will get better.

Nz11. 

That golden rule is funny. 

Idk how much more patient I can be. I'm serious. 

6 hours ago, ang said:

Can you get your mother to join this group, and read?

6 hours ago, ang said:

Anti psychotics  (i got put on as a sleeping tablet) are the worst............. You doing well, keep trusting your own heart.

Ang. 

Mom refuses to read any of this stuff. And I'm not doing well. I don't feel good inside and I feel like dying everyday. This isn't good. 

14 hours ago, Plshelp said:

So, I'm feeling pretty devasted. The other day my mom said that she would rather see me as a vegetable than what I am right now. She says I need to not spend so much time at home and go out and do things. I've tried to explain to her that I don't have motivation to do anything and I don't feel good whenever I do things. I feel like dying all the time. It's so hard for me to force myself to shower. I hate it and I wish that I could make my body do the things that I need to do, but it's almost impossible. 

Tonight mom had another fight with me. She said that I've been depressed for 4 years. I told her that the antipsychotics have damaged me and that this is totally different this time. She refuses to accept that. She said that maybe I should go for ECT on my brain if I'm so depressed. I told her that Francisco was severely depressed and they did ECT on him and he committed suicide. She told me that I fixate on reading about antipsychotics and she can't keep living like this with me. She says that it needs to stop. I can't make her understand what I'm going thru. She won't read anything about it. She told me that tomorrow I need to get on the phone and find a group home where I can live, b/c she can't take living like this anymore and she only has a couple years of life left and she'd like to enjoy it. 

I feel so helpless and brain damaged. Like I'm never going to recover. Idk if I can wait for months to see improvement. I'm in a return to work program and I struggle to do that 3x/wk. They told the insurance provider that I'm doing well. But I'm not. I can't think, I'm struggling severely with my memory and I feel so empty inside. I need to talk to my insurance provider and see what's up with the return to work.

Today I sat with a psychologist. He says that I sound extremely depressed and I need to force myself to do things and over time things will get better. But I've tried for months and nothing is getting better no matter how much I try. I feel like a dead zombie. A shell of who I used to be. This guy doesn't get it either regarding what these drugs do to ppl. I feel defeated by my psychiatrist, family doctor, parents, friends, psychologist, return to work ppl and my insurance provider. 

At least I have a few ppl here that care. So thank you. It's you ppl that are helping to keep me alive. I just don't know how much longer I can last like this. The thought of suicide scares me, as I want to get better and live, but I feel so damaged that it might not actually happen. 

such an impossible situation you find yourself in plshelp ,we are put in an impossible position because of withdrawal ,we are pushed into making decisions we wouldn't normally ,

its said before it will be said again ,no one could ever imagine such torture ,if your getting this much pressure from your mam ,you will have to try different things ,even if you don't want to eat well or exercise you will have to try it .

this much tension and stress is far from ok for your recovery .

I forced myself out of the house today ,it was hard but the alternative was even worse if I stayed in .[one of my worst days in months]

By what you say about your mam even if she was given all the correct information it wouldn't change her attitude .

if everyone is  loosing patience around is we cant control that ,never loose patience in yourself .your worth the fight .

Take care

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

24 minutes ago, powerback said:

such an impossible situation you find yourself in plshelp ,we are put in an impossible position because of withdrawal ,we are pushed into making decisions we wouldn't normally ,

its said before it will be said again ,no one could ever imagine such torture ,if your getting this much pressure from your mam ,you will have to try different things ,even if you don't want to eat well or exercise you will have to try it .

this much tension and stress is far from ok for your recovery .

I forced myself out of the house today ,it was hard but the alternative was even worse if I stayed in .[one of my worst days in months]

By what you say about your mam even if she was given all the correct information it wouldn't change her attitude .

if everyone is  loosing patience around is we cant control that ,never loose patience in yourself .your worth the fight .

Take care

PB

Pb. 

I totally understand what you're saying. Mom wouldn't change hey attitude even if she was given the correct information. Patience here is wearing thin. 

You forced yourself out of the house? 

I'm forcing myself to go out to a movie. I forced myself to do laundry and to shower. These are just such hard tasks. 

I don't know how much longer I can endure this. I have a sick feeling inside my body and all I want is for it to go away. 

44 minutes ago, Plshelp said:

Pb. 

I totally understand what you're saying. Mom wouldn't change hey attitude even if she was given the correct information. Patience here is wearing thin. 

You forced yourself out of the house? 

I'm forcing myself to go out to a movie. I forced myself to do laundry and to shower. These are just such hard tasks. 

I don't know how much longer I can endure this. I have a sick feeling inside my body and all I want is for it to go away. 

ye its so hard to endure ,we just have to keep trying .I spent an hour tonight looking at photos of nice happy times to pull my despair in a different direction .

take it from me put all your energy into you and your recovery ,we think we are caring by explaining constantly to family and friends  but it just causes problems and set backs .of course we care but this withdrawl is so sever we need to be extremely selfish in a positive way for us

take great care

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I agree with powerback refrain from evangelizing your mum and spend energy and time concentrating on surviving and keeping calm in the house.

Wdl is a patience teacher ...you have a lot more patience than you think.

Have you considered writing a complaint letter to the FDA ?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

18 hours ago, powerback said:

ye its so hard to endure ,we just have to keep trying .I spent an hour tonight looking at photos of nice happy times to pull my despair in a different direction .

take it from me put all your energy into you and your recovery ,we think we are caring by explaining constantly to family and friends  but it just causes problems and set backs .of course we care but this withdrawl is so sever we need to be extremely selfish in a positive way for us

take great care

PB

Pb. 

That's great that you looked at photos of Happier times. I can't make myself do that. It makes me even more depressed, remembering the way I used to be before these poisons. 

BTW. I'm not in withdrawal. I don't have any withdrawal symptoms whatsoever since stopping my meds. 

These drugs have totally changed my biochemistry of my body and I don't think I'll ever get it back. 

I've been having these symptoms since being on the medication. I don't have any thoughts, motivation, emotions. I don't get sensations to go to the bathroom, to drink fluids, to get aroused. I feel dead inside. I struggle with my memory badly. I suffer from depersonalization and derealization. I have acne of my face, back, arms ans neck. Every night that I go to bed, I close my eyes and fall asleep like the dead. I have really vivid dreams and wake up with my heart palpitating and I'm drenched in sweat. I struggle severely to get myself into the shower and to do things daily. Most of the time, I lie in bed until the last moment that I have to get up. 

10 hours ago, nz11 said:

I agree with powerback refrain from evangelizing your mum and spend energy and time concentrating on surviving and keeping calm in the house.

Wdl is a patience teacher ...you have a lot more patience than you think.

Have you considered writing a complaint letter to the FDA ?

Nz11

I'm not in withdrawal. I think this is how I'm going to be for the rest of my life. Which really saddens me, b/c I had so many goals, hopes and dreams! 

I spoke with a friend and they said all the issues with my parents are their issues. I can't really change that, except to stay away from them. Which saddens me, b/c I don't know how to not be around ppl b/c I have no thoughts in my head and I feel really unwell inside. My parents want me to be functioning like I was before the meds and I'm not. Idk how to get back to that place, b/c like I said, the meds have changed my brains biochemistry. 

I never thought to write the FDA a letter. Idk what that would even accomplish. How does one go about doing that? 

1 hour ago, Plshelp said:

Nz11

I'm not in withdrawal. I think this is how I'm going to be for the rest of my life. Which really saddens me, b/c I had so many goals, hopes and dreams! 

I spoke with a friend and they said all the issues with my parents are their issues. I can't really change that, except to stay away from them. Which saddens me, b/c I don't know how to not be around ppl b/c I have no thoughts in my head and I feel really unwell inside. My parents want me to be functioning like I was before the meds and I'm not. Idk how to get back to that place, b/c like I said, the meds have changed my brains biochemistry. 

I never thought to write the FDA a letter. Idk what that would even accomplish. How does one go about doing that? 

Plshelp:   You are not going to be like this for the rest of your life!!!  You are catastrophizing -- thinking the worst case scenario will happen. Change is constant. Nothing stays the same.  Everything changes, and so will your mood and ability to function.  It will improve IMO.   When you start believing that, that will already be a change and you will be moving towards the direction of recovery.  You said that your mood is down.  That is a possible symptom of withdrawal.   So, it is possible you experiencing withdrawal.   I think I mentioned the book Feeling Good. It explains how to improve your mood by changing your thinking.
Best wishes,
M.

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

41 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Plshelp:   You are not going to be like this for the rest of your life!!!  You are catastrophizing -- thinking the worst case scenario will happen. Change is constant. Nothing stays the same.  Everything changes, and so will your mood and ability to function.  It will improve IMO.   When you start believing that, that will already be a change and you will be moving towards the direction of recovery.  You said that your mood is down.  That is a possible symptom of withdrawal.   So, it is possible you experiencing withdrawal.   I think I mentioned the book Feeling Good. It explains how to improve your mood by changing your thinking.
Best wishes,
M.

M. 

I have been feeling like this for months, since I was put on the medication. It affects your dopamine, serotonin, acetylcholine, histamine and muscinargenic receptors. So no wonder I don't feel motivated and very low. 

I know my body and I don't see any improvements. Maybe I'm not catastrophizing. Maybe I'm being realistic. Have you ever been on antipsychotics? 

I will look into the book, but I don't know how it can help me. I know what it takes to feel good and I don't have the motivation to exercise, or the feelings to feel good b/c the neurotransmitters in my brain have been affected that control happiness. 

4 hours ago, Plshelp said:

Pb. 

That's great that you looked at photos of Happier times. I can't make myself do that. It makes me even more depressed, remembering the way I used to be before these poisons. 

BTW. I'm not in withdrawal. I don't have any withdrawal symptoms whatsoever since stopping my meds. 

These drugs have totally changed my biochemistry of my body and I don't think I'll ever get it back. 

I've been having these symptoms since being on the medication. I don't have any thoughts, motivation, emotions. I don't get sensations to go to the bathroom, to drink fluids, to get aroused. I feel dead inside. I struggle with my memory badly. I suffer from depersonalization and derealization. I have acne of my face, back, arms ans neck. Every night that I go to bed, I close my eyes and fall asleep like the dead. I have really vivid dreams and wake up with my heart palpitating and I'm drenched in sweat. I struggle severely to get myself into the shower and to do things daily. Most of the time, I lie in bed until the last moment that I have to get up. 

i totally get what u mean about photos reminding you ,I was like that ,it does change .

it will get better we all got to believe .

peace to you

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 hours ago, Plshelp said:

M. 

I have been feeling like this for months, since I was put on the medication. It affects your dopamine, serotonin, acetylcholine, histamine and muscinargenic receptors. So no wonder I don't feel motivated and very low. 

I know my body and I don't see any improvements. Maybe I'm not catastrophizing. Maybe I'm being realistic. Have you ever been on antipsychotics? 

P:
Yes, I have been on them, on olanzapine/zyprexa -- 2 times.  Once almost 10 years ago, for maybe about 6 months, and then just now in December.  Both times I was up to 10 mg. Both times, I felt totally out of it -- my mind was very slow, as if it the wheels/cogs in it could not turn properly. I  had all sorts of weird twitches, on my face, fingers, legs.  There were days all I could do was lie on the couch most of the time.  My mind is now pretty well back to being sharp -- and the stuff I was feeling as a result of zyprexa have gone away.   That's why I keep posting on your thread in particular and try to encourage you as I have been in a similar place,  and I am better right now.  And, I suspect I am a fair bit older than you, maybe a few decades older.  You are young.  You absolutely have the potential to heal as you are young.  

You have been on a lot of drugs in a short period of time since December:, risperidone, Invega, ability, maybe even another one, and now zyprexa -- and it looks like you are still on zyprexa. So, it's not surprising you haven't felt stable for a while as each time meds are changed it takes a while to adjust. Your central nervous system needs time to stabilize, but it will.  

-------

17 hours ago, Madeleine said:

P:
Yes, I have been on them, on olanzapine/zyprexa -- 2 times.  Once almost 10 years ago, for maybe about 6 months, and then just now in December.  Both times I was up to 10 mg. Both times, I felt totally out of it -- my mind was very slow, as if it the wheels/cogs in it could not turn properly. I  had all sorts of weird twitches, on my face, fingers, legs.  There were days all I could do was lie on the couch most of the time.  My mind is now pretty well back to being sharp -- and the stuff I was feeling as a result of zyprexa have gone away.   That's why I keep posting on your thread in particular and try to encourage you as I have been in a similar place,  and I am better right now.  And, I suspect I am a fair bit older than you, maybe a few decades older.  You are young.  You absolutely have the potential to heal as you are young.  

You have been on a lot of drugs in a short period of time since December:, risperidone, Invega, ability, maybe even another one, and now zyprexa -- and it looks like you are still on zyprexa. So, it's not surprising you haven't felt stable for a while as each time meds are changed it takes a while to adjust. Your central nervous system needs time to stabilize, but it will.  

M: your stint with zyprexa seems fairly short lived and you seemed to be getting better as you decreased off of it. I haven't seen any improvements while I was decreasing or even now being off of it. 

I've been off for 3 weeks now and am still having major difficulties functioning. It's not fun. 

Thank you for posting on my blog to try to encourage me. I feel quite hopeless. Idk how much older you are than me, but I'm 36. I feel devastated that my life is over, b/c I'm barely functioning and I think I'm going to lose my career b/c my brain isn't functioning, my memory is severely impacted and I have no thoughts in my head, I can't think through to problem solve anything. My job is very mentally challenging. I'm a medical laboratory technologist. 

I feel like my CNS has been damaged and it's not going to restabilize. I never experienced any withdrawal symptoms and nothing has improved. 

20 hours ago, powerback said:

i totally get what u mean about photos reminding you ,I was like that ,it does change .

it will get better we all got to believe .

peace to you

PB

PB, 

What has changed for you? 

31 minutes ago, Plshelp said:

PB, 

What has changed for you? 

A lot of understanding about  emotions and witnessing how our thoughts control us and how we feel .

I believe we have to train ourselves out of misery ,its very up and down ,it takes loads of practice .

you see if you focus on some condition you don't have proof for ,the brain chemistry will change and then you cant believe it will change .

I believe ile practise this for the rest of my life ,its basically mindfulness ,drawing your attention to your thoughts .

if we don't believe we can change how can we expect others to believe us ,its that simple .

some days are very tough but with practice I become aware of the good days and thoughtfully enjoy them .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I feel like there's something really wrong with me. 

I don't feel like eating or drinking fluids ever. I feel like I'm forcing myself to do everything. Like to even eat to stay alive. I feel really down and depressed and just feel like life isn't worth living and that I just want to die. But I don't want to die. I want to be better and not living like this. 

I feel constantly scared to be alone, b/c I don't have any thoughts in my head. I can't feel any happiness. My friend Marcie gave me a hug twice last night and I feel nothing. I feel so dead inside. 

Does anyone else feel this way? 

I'm trying to stay as optimistic as I possibly can. I just don't know what to do. Everyday is like living in hell. 

2 hours ago, powerback said:

A lot of understanding about  emotions and witnessing how our thoughts control us and how we feel .

I believe we have to train ourselves out of misery ,its very up and down ,it takes loads of practice .

you see if you focus on some condition you don't have proof for ,the brain chemistry will change and then you cant believe it will change .

I believe ile practise this for the rest of my life ,its basically mindfulness ,drawing your attention to your thoughts .

if we don't believe we can change how can we expect others to believe us ,its that simple .

some days are very tough but with practice I become aware of the good days and thoughtfully enjoy them .

PB

PB. 

You are lucky that you're training yourself outta your own misery. Good job. 

I'm always present in the moment and it's such an awful place. I am trying to hold onto a shred of hope that things might change, but I'm very doubtful of this b/c nothing is changing. I try to enjoy the good things that happen, even if they are slight. But I don't feel any happiness inside and it quickly fleets. 

21 minutes ago, Plshelp said:

PB. 

You are lucky that you're training yourself outta your own misery. Good job. 

I'm always present in the moment and it's such an awful place. I am trying to hold onto a shred of hope that things might change, but I'm very doubtful of this b/c nothing is changing. I try to enjoy the good things that happen, even if they are slight. But I don't feel any happiness inside and it quickly fleets. 

No way am I lucky ,ide call it  perseverance and determination .I've suffered greatly and the irony is ile need therapy because of withdrawal .

don't stay in the present moment when suffering ,change the channel when like that, distract yourself ,the list is endless .

this site has loads of helpful information ,you will have to choose how you spend your time on it wisely .

I can relate to what you say about things quickly fleeting ,lately its happening to me constantly in the day but its there so that's something for you to hold on to .

this time of your life is about getting through adversity ,maybe look at like that .

take care .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

9 hours ago, Plshelp said:

M: your stint with zyprexa seems fairly short lived and you seemed to be getting better as you decreased off of it. I haven't seen any improvements while I was decreasing or even now being off of it. 

I've been off for 3 weeks now and am still having major difficulties functioning. It's not fun. 

Thank you for posting on my blog to try to encourage me. I feel quite hopeless. Idk how much older you are than me, but I'm 36. I feel devastated that my life is over, b/c I'm barely functioning and I think I'm going to lose my career b/c my brain isn't functioning, my memory is severely impacted and I have no thoughts in my head, I can't think through to problem solve anything. My job is very mentally challenging. I'm a medical laboratory technologist. 

I feel like my CNS has been damaged and it's not going to restabilize. I never experienced any withdrawal symptoms and nothing has improved. 

But I was on it longer the first time some years ago and other drugs and I was in a very bad state. I'm well over 10 years older than you. 3 weeks off is a very short time.  So giver your self more time and stay positive. Don't epunderstimste the power of positive thinking ....

-------

53 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

But I was on it longer the first time some years ago and other drugs and I was in a very bad state. I'm well over 10 years older than you. 3 weeks off is a very short time.  So giver your self more time and stay positive. Don't epunderstimste the power of positive thinking ....

10 years? You must be the same age as my brother. 

I think there's seriously something wrong... 

I don't feel like eating or drinking fluids ever. I feel like I'm forcing myself to do everything. Like even to eat to stay alive. I feel really down and depressed and just feel like life isn't worth living and that I just want to die. But I don't want to die. I want to be better. I want to be back to my old self. 

I'm struggling severely to stay positive Madeline. I don't feel happy at all. I think I've written my symptoms out already. Above. I feel like these antipsychotics have changed my body chemistry. 

all I can do is share my story and tell you that eventually I got better. And I was worried I wouldn't so there is hope. I was very depressed at one time and antidepressants did help me get out of idepprwssion. In some cases they are needed. cbt  ie therapy helped me too  this site is mainly about helping people who want to taper but sometimes people have to reinstate or go up on the drugs until they feel better.  You said you are feeling  depressed and  so somehow you need to address the depression but I can't advise you how. Maybe someone else here can give you more or better advice.  However this is an online forum and we don't know you or see you in person so if you are feeling very depressed you might need to seek help for that from a person or professional who can help in person

-------

all I can do is share my story and tell you that eventually I got better. And I was worried I wouldn't so there is hope. I was very depressed at one time and antidepressants did help me get out of idepprwssion. In some cases they are needed. cbt  ie therapy helped me too  this site is mainly about helping people who want to taper but sometimes people have to reinstate or go up on the drugs until they feel better.  You said you are feeling  depressed and  so somehow you need to address the depression but I can't advise you how. Maybe someone else here can give you more or better advice.  However this is an online forum and we don't know you or see you in person so if you are feeling very depressed you might need to seek help for that from a person or professional who can help in person

-------

-------

-------

-------

-------