Joanne1995

Joanne1995: Falling back to move forward

Joanne1995

Hey, I don't really know how to do this so bear with me!

My name is Joanne, Jo is fine, it's already in my signature but I'll give you a brief rundown of my history as I introduce myself.

This is my second tiime withdrawing from an antidepressant. I successfully got myself off of effexor a few years ago, I was on a high dose for several years. It was hard journey and a horrible experience but it was worth it in the end.

I am about to start my withdrawal from Lyrica and Prozac, most likely starting with just reducing the Lyrica. I have done lots of research and have decided to attempt to combat my mental health issues through diet and supplementation, based on the research of Patrick Holford and others in the same field.

I have always had problems surrounding food that have manifested in eating disorders at various stages in my life. I'm trying to build a new, healthier life and really need to detoxify and take back control of my body and start my defence from the ground up.

I will be talking to my psychiatrist about this on June 1st, this is when I will  start tapering and hopefully be put in touch with a nutritionist/dietician. I don't really have a support network at home and hoped that joining this community would aid in my recovery.

Hope this finds you well or at very least well on your way

- Jo

Edited by scallywag
tags

nz11

Welcome to sa Jo

I would like to tell you that this is an amazing support group and it is a major player in recovery imo.

Are you able to put up a drug sig.  With dosages and dates started and stopped. That would be helpful.

Before you start any tapering please read these

Tips for tapering off Lyrica (pregabalin)

Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

nz11

ChessieCat

Hi Jo and welcome to SA,

As nz11 has mentioned, please create a drug signature Create Your Signature.  Please include details for the last 12-18 months of  all drugs, dates, doses and discontinuations & reinstatements.  If you can't remember dates, please write it as "early March" or "mid-August".  Please provide a summary of any drugs prior to that which can just be listed with start and stop years. Please include all prescription, non-prescription drugs and supplements you are currently taking. Phone Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature. Please also remember to update it with date and dose whenever make a change so that it remains current. Thank you.

Here are some more links to check out:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

This is your own Intro topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.