papaloapan: how to detox from psychiatric drugs and eliminate side effects?

papaloapan

@Carmie  Hi Carmie. How are you? Right now I'm at 50 mg of quetiapine (seroquel). The pill with the lowest dose in my country is of 25 mg. In my signature you can see how I have been weaning my psychiatric drugs. I was planning on taking 50mg for at least 49 days and maximum 63 days, then 25 mg for at least 56 days and maximum 63 days and then jumping to 0mg because I made a phone call to the pharmaceutical company that manufactures the quetiapine that I take and the medical doctor that I talked to told me that quetiapine can not be evenly dissolved in water and I read at Tips for tapering quetiapine/seroquel that quetiapine can not be evenly break/split evenly and that the active ingredient is not evenly distributed in the pill. What do you recommend me to do in order to safely taper quetiapine to reach 0 mg? I felt good after tapering efexor xr from 37.5 to 0mg, the thing that I did for my body to be able to handle it was to just hold for more days in 37.5 mg before jumping to 0mg, and I felt good after doing the whole taper of pristiq 50mg (which it was the first dose) which I did it in 4 months with 22 days.  I also wrote this whole text to you via direct private message so that you choose which place you like better for us to keep communicating, either here (my Introduction and update) or via direct private message. Thank you so much, I really appreciate a lot your help.

In 2008 I was 16 years old. 2008 - 2010 paxil, clonazepam & semisodium valproate. 2013 - 2017 many psych meds with cold switches and CT's prescribed by psychiatrists.

Nov/30/17 started quetiapine IR tablets 100mg 0-0-1. Dec/1/17 started pristiq 50mg tablets 1-0-0. Jan/14/18 started 1.5mg melatonin 0-0-1

Tramadol: 2 year well done (slow and gradual) taper: from Mar/12/18 to Feb/11/20 

Pristiq taper: Jun/15/20 Converted from pristiq 50mg to efexor xr 75mg for 57 days (felt good).  Aug/11/20 weaned to efexor 37.5mg and stayed there for 2 months with 26 days (felt good). Nov/6/20  CT 0mg of efexor xr (felt good). Total time in tapering pristiq 50mg by converting to efexor xr 75mg: 4 months with 22 days: Jun/15/20 to Nov/6/20. (felt good)

Efexor 0mg and quetiapine 100mg (Nov/6/20 to Dic/11/20) (felt good being without effexor and taking 100mg quetiapine)

Dic/11/20 quetiapine 75mg, so 75mg from Dic/11/20 to Jan/4/21  25 days. Jan/5/21 quetiapine 50mg (1 day in 50mg).

Jan/6/21 1st CT of quetiapine. Mar/1/21 CT melatonin. Felt terrible so Mar/25/21 reinstated 100mg quetiapine. 

100mg quetiapine 19 days (Mar/25/21 - Apr/13/21) Felt good while in quetiapine 100mg. 75mg quetiapine 55 days (Apr/14/21 - Jun/8/21) the 55th day (Jun/8/21)  felt hellish so CT'd quetiapine for a 2nd time on Jun/9/21. 

Jun/9/21 - Nov/16/21 1st days insomnia, anxiety, took cbd and felt very good many days (healed insomnia & anxiety), CT'd ginkgo which made me felt terrible so reinstated ginkgo. Started intolerable back pain (spasm) so tried other herbs along with cbd, then started derealization, panic, indecisiveness, nostalgia & others. Stopped taking cbd & herbs, reinstated quetiapine 75mg Nov/17/21, immediately after taking it, had severe heart palpitations, so Nov/18/21 back to cbd (no quetiapine). Nov/20/21 reinstated 75mg quetiapine (stopped cbd & herbs), severely couldn't breathe for 5 seconds after taking quetiapine 75mg so reduced to 50 mg on Nov/28/21 had new and worse and very severe adverse effects, got indecisive if CT or keep taking quetiapine because I was terrified of CT, but since the new severe adverse effects were very severe I CT, and because of indecisiveness and panic to CT, I reinstated again, then CT'd and reinstated many times, last time I was taking quetiapine it was 25mg and had severe TD, hellish anhedonia, suicidal, intrusive thoughts of imagining myself running into a wall and crashing into it and I was feeling the pain as if I was doing it in real life, involuntary thoughts of punching my face or head and shashing it against the wall and some times I did punch my face, and when I didn't, I also felt the pain just by imagining it, so definitive CT on Jul/15/22. 

Free from quetiapine and psych meds since Jul/15/22.

MY BEST ADVICE: FOLLOW SA'S GUIDELINES, DON'T CT BECAUSE IT IS HORRIFIC AND BE PATIENT TO WAIT A LONG TIME TO DO VERY SLOW AND GRADUAL TAPERS IN ORDER TO GET OFF OF YOUR MEDICATIONS, IT IS WORTH IT. THE ONLY MOMENTS WHERE IS RIGHT TO CT IS AFTER YOUR 1ST CT THAT YOU DID BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE OR IMPATIENCE, IF YOU REINSTATE AND FEEL SEVERE ADVERSE EFFECTS LIKE TD, ANHEDONIA, FEEL LIKE YOU ARE DROWNING, OR THE ONE'S I HAD, IT IS BEST TO CT IN MY EXPERIENCE, BECAUSE WHEN I REINSTATED I GOT MUCH WORSE THAN WHEN I WAS IN THE PREVIOUS CT. I'm not a doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus
37 minutes ago, papaloapan said:

he pill with the lowest dose in my country is of 25 mg. In my signature you can see how I have been weaning my psychiatric drugs. I was planning on taking 50mg for 49 days, then 25 mg for 56 days and then jumping to 0mg

That is a very risky method of tapering.  Even though you would be holding for longer on each dose, it is still a very fast taper with huge reductions and jumping off at 25mg it much too high.

If you reduce it too quickly you could very well end up with sleep issues and that can make coping with withdrawal symptoms so much harder.  It is difficult coping with insomnia when you are not experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

I suggest that you have a look at the more recent posts in this topic:

tips-for-tapering-off-seroquel-quetiapine

You might also do a search for other members who are tapering seroquel and see how they are managing to do smaller reductions.

I've also asked the other moderators for assistance.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
46 minutes ago, papaloapan said:

active ingredient is not evenly distributed in the pill.

Please read:

myths-about-your-drugs

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 6 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi papaloapan, 

Thanks for your PM from a while back, I just had a look at it and replied briefly. I haven’t been on this site much, I’m just starting to interact more on here now. 

Could you please tell me what’s happening with your medications and how you’re doing. 

Thanks🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi @papaloapan

How have you been faring?🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

I CT’d quetiapine for the 2nd time, and 5 months later had to reinstate. Here I’ll write what is missing in my signature, how I’m doing and what the latest is with my meds, right after the last thing I wrote in my signature:

Reinstated 100mg quetiapine, stayed on it for 19 days (march 25 ’21 - apr 13 ’21) Felt much better, I was feeling very good and fully stable, I stabilized.

I stopped taking melatonin before this time, don’t remember the date, I have been able to sleep well.

75mg quetiapine 55 days (apr 14 ’21 – jun 8 ’21) first 7 days felt hellish and the 8th day felt much better, I halfway stabilized 

On jun 8 ’21 (55th day) I was not fully stabilized, so because of having extreme anxiety the 55th day (not the whole day, only for some minutes), and also because I was tired of not feeling pleasure when I eat food or have sex, I CT on jun/9/21

CT  jun/9/21 

Jun/9/21 – Aug/8/21 started testing 2 different cbd oils in different doses to find out the right dose, also tried other herbs. Obviously doing many changes with testing 2 different cbd’s and changing the doses, led me to feel hellish.

Then I was able to find out the cbd and its dosage that made me feel and sleep good, 

Aug/9/21 I started to kept the same cbd and the same dosage that made me feel and sleep good.

so surprisingly, 7 days after taking the same dose of cbd, I felt very good on aug/16/21, then on the 17th day of being consistent (same cbd and same dose) felt very good (aug/26/21), and also on the 31st day (sep/9/21) felt very good (peaceful and able to sleep good).

Sep/12/21sep/15 I did a huge mistake which was not taking ginkgo biloba because it blocks the anti-epileptic effect of cbd, and these days because of not taking ginkgo, I felt hellish, so sep/16/21 had to reinstate ginkgo, so I had to wait for some days to my body to stabilize, and because of not being patient and because of feeling bad, on sep/19/21 I started taking kalanchoe (10 drops) which is a herb that heals panic, bipolar, and squizophrenia disorders, also heals psychosis, nervousness and it is a muscle relaxant (it is really good), and that day that I started taking it (sep/19/21) I felt very good, also the 2nd day (sep/20/21) and the 6th day (sep/25/21) of taking kalanchoe felt very good. So up till this day I was feeling good. Then I did another huge mistake which was on sep/26/21 because of muscle spasm on the back felt intolerable (since many years ago I have it) I tried another herb (verbena) to try to heal the back spasm, took it at night and made me feel very bad, the chaos started here and it was when I started to feel very bad. 

Oct/2/21 took 4 drops of turmeric, which made the chaos worse, turmeric cleans the CNS, this day I had for the first time DR (derealization) and hellish depression (DR started). Oct/3/21 stopped taking kalanchoe because I wanted to allow only cbd to heal me. Oct/4/21 reinstated kalanchoe but now I doubled the dose. Oct/5/21 went back to kalanchoe’s original dose (10 drops) and added valerian at night (worsening of chaos) to see if it helps in healing the intolerable back spasm and valerian did help but it caused a neurological distress (felt very bad) and I slept very badly, so Oct/6/21 took valerian only in the morning and felt very tired in the day and at PM (night) felt hellish emotional irritability. Oct/7/21 took valerian in the morning and also felt hellish so I stopped taking it. Oct /10/21 took lemon peel (quercetin) for cleansing my body from fluoride & heavy metals, felt very bad. Oct/11/21 took again quercetin, felt bad. Oct/12/21 Stopped quercetin. Felt too good (peaceful & in the present moment) because it was the 7th day of being again in kalanchoe. Because back spasm felt very bad, on Oct/13/21 Tripled the dose of kalanchoe to see if it helps alleviating my back but felt hellish (DR, panic and internal trembling in head). Stopped turmeric. Oct/14/21 stopped taking kalanchoe and took verbena (a herb for back bain that also has other medicinal properties including ones that act in CNS) in the morning (AM) but felt hellish. Oct/16/21 reinstated kalanchoe original dose. Oct/17/21 DR and melancholy, Oct/18/21 hellish DR, panic and depression. Some days my mom put in my back a cream which has herbs and when she put it at night, the cream didn’t let me sleep well so I started putting it at noon, the cream also has detox and anxiety herbs so maybe it also damaged me. Oct/19/21 started taking again turmeric, now 2 drops. (panic and DR with nostalgia continued), started worsening of attention, started indecisiveness, worsening of anxiety, worsening of back pain

Oct/20/21 Panic and DR severe. started disorientation/feeling lost, extreme loneliness and depression, and indecisiveness (most of the times no matter what I choose to do, I feel panic and insecurity that I’m not doing the right thing to do and that I’m not making progress I reaching my goals and that I’m never going to reach them and that everybody reaches their goals but not me), worsening of anxiety, worsening of intrusive thoughts, started feeling that time goes by extremely fast and that even though I do things quickly, I have not enough time and that people are able to do much more things than me in one day and also started to not feel the present, worsening of heart palpitations, nostalgia and concentration

Oct/21/21 before getting up from bed felt very bad and tired. Stopped taking kalanchoe, ginkgo and cbd. Started taking a different cbd AM, felt a bit better in the afternoon and less fear. Took the new cbd @PM (at night) and slept very badly (new cbd is stimulating). 

Oct/22/21 now I only take this new cbd @PM

Oct/25/21 hellish anxiety, took new cbd at AM and PM, felt hell @PM and slept very badly

Oct/26/21 felt like dying at dawn, couln’t sleep for many hours. Reinstated new cbd AM. The whole day felt like dying (extremely bad). Stopped taking new cbd, reinstated old cbd @PM. At night felt better and slept more than the day before. 

Oct/27/21 felt better but attention felt bad because of not taking ginkgo. Oct/28/21 felt bad

Oct/29/21 hellish emotional irritability because of not taking ginkgo. Reinstated ginkgo.

Oct/30/21 Severe Panic. Oct/31 Severe panic and DR. and Nov/1 lots of panic, DR and anxiety

Nov/2/21 Felt much better. Nov/3/21 panic, tiredness. Nov/5/21 Hell, severe panic, emotional irritability, indecisiveness. Nov/8/21 updosed turmeric to 4 drops. Started eating 3 times a day (for many months was eating twice a day). Nov/9/21 turmeric 3 drops, panic & DR continue, depression, neuroemotions, intrusive thoughts (including ear worms) more intense. Nov/11/21 hellish emotional irritability, worsening of dizziness and internal head trembling. Nov/12/21 intense tiredness

Nov/13/21 reinstated kalanchoe original dose that made me feel good in the beginning (10 drops), stopped taking turmeric. Nov/14/21 stopped kalanchoe. 

Nov/17/21 and many days before was feeling the most intense hell, hellish emotional irritability and intrusive thoughts, couldn’t stand it anymore so reinstated quetiapine 75mg @4am, right after taking it my heart had much more intense and extreme palpitations just for a few minutes.

Nov/18/21 reinstated kalanchoe 10 drops (kalanchoe is always @AM) and reinstated old cbd (old cbd is always only PM). Stopped taking quetiapine 

Nov/20/21 every WD symptom, including DR, were no longer tolerable (they were hellish) and felt 100% sure of reinstating quetiapine so I reinstated 75mg @3am, I don’t remember if this day or the next (nov/21) I could not breathe for about 5 seconds after taking quetiapine. 

Nov/21/21 started taking quetiapine 75mg @10pm and stopped taking cbd and kalanchoe. Started taking a low dose of perilla only AM (perilla is a detox herb that heals allergies so that I can be able to breathe through nose because due to the many years that I’ve been taking psych meds, the liver does is not able to process/digest so much of psych meds so that is the cause of the allery which is that my nose gets full of mucus so it’s hard for me to breathe through my nose)

Nov/22/21 dr and panic still intense. 

Because of “About reinstating to reduce withdrawal symp” topic says that if I have a severe adverse reaction after reinstating, that I have to reduce or stop taking so 

Nov/23/21 reduced to 50mg of quetiapine. I read that it says to reinstate a very small dose but I thought it would be better to reinstate as close to the last dose taken as possible which was 75mg. 

Nov/24/21 felt better in the morning and at noon felt a very weird and severe tiredness and worsening of concentration

Nov/25/21 felt much better at noon and then very intense panic came back with some DR. At 6pm hellish and weird dizziness and hellish panic, intensity decreased at 6:30p. 7:30p panic increased (super intense) with a bit of DR, it is more panic than DR.

Nov/26/21 felt better and rested/relaxed in AM. Then panic continues but less extreme, severe depression, have emotional irritability and anxiety. Felt better in the afternoon. 6:30p some of anxiety comes back with more intense palpitations. 7pm panic and DR decreased

Nov/27/21 Cried very intensely feeling extremely desperate, depressive and suicidal, intense neuroemotions like shame and others, between 1-4pm the most extreme hell of panic, felt some DR, couldn’t stand it anymore, extreme anxiety, depression and involuntary/intrusive thoughts very extreme, I was not able to be still while lying in bed and while being seated on the couch, I literally wanted to be dead. I felt something very bad in my head, feels like a mild burning with wear and tiredness. At night I went out with friends to a club and felt very good, I was able to dance, but still felt some depression. This night I thought I should stop taking quetiapine so I took Melissa (herb for insomnia) @2am (couldn’t sleep), then old cbd @5am (couldn’t sleep) so I ended up taking quetiapine 50mg @6:45a and then I was able to sleep. 

Nov/28/21 DR and panic diminished a lot but not fully, I had very little of DR, even though panic diminished a lot, a still had some. Felt much less anxiety but still had some. Felt more at ease.

Maybe melissa and cbd of last night helped dimimished panic, DR and anxiety. 

I return to take quetiapine 50mg @10pm. Forgot to take low dose of perilla (detox-allergy herb),

Stopped taking cbd and Melissa. Felt horrible when masturbating because didn’t feel any pleasure at all. In the middle of the night I went out of breath for 10 seconds

Nov/29/21 Return to take low dose detox-allergy herb. Panic very intense again. Noon felt very bad, weird and very intense unexplainable feeling, it feels like the most simple things that I have to do, stresses me a lot, I don’t have enough energy to think, I feel very worn out, tiredness more intense. 4pm felt with more energy, panic and neuroemotions (guilt, sadness, shame) are still intense. I feel very disconnected from everything, I don’t feel happiness or pleasure at all. I feel a lot of impatience. 7p intensity decreased.

9pm intensity of symptoms decreased a bit, 

10p hellish (when I say hellish it means it is the maximum level of intensity and no longer tolerable/can’t stand it anymore) panic and DR, very weird & hellish tiredness & indecisiveness, felt hellish because I wanted to express the hell I was feeling with an infinite scream but feel that wasn’t able to express it, felt hellish sorry for me, extremely desperate Hellish feeling of not feeling myself and my presence. I was able to sleep. Middle of the night getting out of breath diminished to 1 second.

Nov 30 ‘21

AM hellish panic, DR and depression, feel something horrible and weird on my skin that has to do with anxiety and panic. 

11:30am intensity of symptoms decreased a lot (low level), felt much better, 5pm intensity medium level, 6:30pm intensity low level (felt much better) and felt with more energy and strength

Dec/1/21

AM felt much better, felt rested and relaxed. More energy, much less panic and  DR. Indecisiveness decreased a lot. 3p panic increased a bit (medium level)

6pm -7pm increased some, medium - high level, indecisiveness increased, 7pm-8pm was doing a simple task of searching in the web the cheapest cloth softener and felt extremely stressed, bad and worn out, high level of feeling bad. 8:30pm medium - high level. 9p medium panic and extreme depression. 10p back spasm gets very bad. The whole day intense intrusive thoughts & ear worms. PM (went to bed) hell (anxiety, emotional irritability, very intense and extremely annoying heat in the ears) even though it took me longer to fall asleep, I slept good.

Dec/2/21

AM panic high, very bad concentration and short term memory, extreme depression. Noon high panic, hellish suicidal feeling. 1:30p extreme stress and panic and a weird bad feeling in my chest/bad feeling in my breathing caused by my mom telling me that she’s giving me less money (I’m not able to work/have a job because of tiredness and severe bad concentration/short term memory that started around September-October 2021, so I depend financially on my mom), also because she does not believe that I feel hellish because of WD. Hellish suicidal and emotional irritability. 4pm after a therapy with psychologist, intensity of symptoms decreased a lot, felt much better. Was able to feel a bit of pleasure while hearing music in the car (for many months I haven't been able to feel pleasure at all). From 4pm till now 9pm, I felt much better in general, I have more energy, I feel much less panic, no DR. It's 9:19pm and my energy is still good, I don't feel extreme anxiety like yesterday at this time. Today since 8pm I've been doing "brain work" or mental work/effort which is finishing this whole update and I don't feel worn out like yesterday, I feel good.

I know that I have to wait for more days to see how I do and if 50mg is the right dose or updose, or reduce. 

CBD heals depression, anxiety, insomnia, schizophrenia and psychosis, so I’m worried that now I’m having WD of CBD and kalanchoe and that now I’m not taking a powerful supp or herb that heals the CNS, I’m only taking ginkgo biloba, omega 3 fish oil, magnesium and quetiapine 50mg. 

Other symptoms I’ve had recently: hyperalertness, worsening of physical weakness (now I can do less exercise), worsening of OCD, everything that I do it feels hard to do and it wears me out (even the most simple things), feeling of total slavery and total lack of freedom, I feel that every second of the day I’m in a hurry, tinnitus (a bit worse, been having it for years because of psych drugs), worsening of hearing capability/hearing loss, head palpitations, very intense and extremely annoying heat in the ears.

The “old cbd” I was taking (the one that made me feel good) has a bit of thc which if taken for a long time can give very bad psychological symptoms and give you the “high” or a “bad trip”. Maybe if after the days I felt very good of taking cbd and kalanchoe, If I would have not tried herbs for the back spasm, maybe I would continue to feel good and would have not have to reinstate quetiapine? But still, I feel at ease doing what SA tells me to do. I prefer following the safe method of SA that many people have succeeded in doing it. I don’t want to experiment which is very risky.

Also I did the 2dn CT of quetiapine on jun/9/21 because my theory was that when I used to take lithium (years ago), I CT from 75mg to 0mg of lithium, and even though I had hellish WD symptoms, I didn’t take anything for some weeks or a couple of months, and then I started taking Pristiq 50mg and quetiapine 100mg, and the first month or so I had severe dizziness, but then after about 2-3 months or so my body adapted and gradually started to feel very good until I felt literally perfect taking Pristiq 50mg and quetiapine 100mg, so I thought that I could do that again by CT’ing quetiapine and immediately started taking cbd. 

Is it ok to keep taking 50mg of quetiapine? Or should I reinstate my original full dose? (original full dose is 100mg). 

Should I reinstate Effexor? Even though I did a fast taper of Effexor, which you can look in my signature, I felt perfect during the whole taper, the only days I felt bad were the first 7 days of starting 37.5mg, meaning that the 8th day I fully stabilized, also I felt bad the first 14 or 21 days or so of starting 0mg Effexor, then I fully stabilized. I even felt perfect when I was taking 0mg of Effexor (after the 21 days) and was only with 100mg of quetiapine. Also I felt very good the 25 days of being in 75mg of quetiapine, I know I should have done a much smaller cut from 100mg because 75mg was a bit cut. So I think that reinstating Effexor is a bad idea, and I accept that I should have tapered it much more slowly and with much smaller cuts and holding more days between each cut.

Or should I stop taking quetiapine and reinstate cbd and kalanchoe? (because I felt very good those 8 non-consecutive days). But it should be a cbd with 0% of thc. I feel much safer by reinstating quetiapine.

I surrender totally, I mean that I’ll do exactly what Alto and the moderators tell me to do, no matter how many years it takes to do it, even if it is an extremely slow and long taper.

In 2008 I was 16 years old. 2008 - 2010 paxil, clonazepam & semisodium valproate. 2013 - 2017 many psych meds with cold switches and CT's prescribed by psychiatrists.

Nov/30/17 started quetiapine IR tablets 100mg 0-0-1. Dec/1/17 started pristiq 50mg tablets 1-0-0. Jan/14/18 started 1.5mg melatonin 0-0-1

Tramadol: 2 year well done (slow and gradual) taper: from Mar/12/18 to Feb/11/20 

Pristiq taper: Jun/15/20 Converted from pristiq 50mg to efexor xr 75mg for 57 days (felt good).  Aug/11/20 weaned to efexor 37.5mg and stayed there for 2 months with 26 days (felt good). Nov/6/20  CT 0mg of efexor xr (felt good). Total time in tapering pristiq 50mg by converting to efexor xr 75mg: 4 months with 22 days: Jun/15/20 to Nov/6/20. (felt good)

Efexor 0mg and quetiapine 100mg (Nov/6/20 to Dic/11/20) (felt good being without effexor and taking 100mg quetiapine)

Dic/11/20 quetiapine 75mg, so 75mg from Dic/11/20 to Jan/4/21  25 days. Jan/5/21 quetiapine 50mg (1 day in 50mg).

Jan/6/21 1st CT of quetiapine. Mar/1/21 CT melatonin. Felt terrible so Mar/25/21 reinstated 100mg quetiapine. 

100mg quetiapine 19 days (Mar/25/21 - Apr/13/21) Felt good while in quetiapine 100mg. 75mg quetiapine 55 days (Apr/14/21 - Jun/8/21) the 55th day (Jun/8/21)  felt hellish so CT'd quetiapine for a 2nd time on Jun/9/21. 

Jun/9/21 - Nov/16/21 1st days insomnia, anxiety, took cbd and felt very good many days (healed insomnia & anxiety), CT'd ginkgo which made me felt terrible so reinstated ginkgo. Started intolerable back pain (spasm) so tried other herbs along with cbd, then started derealization, panic, indecisiveness, nostalgia & others. Stopped taking cbd & herbs, reinstated quetiapine 75mg Nov/17/21, immediately after taking it, had severe heart palpitations, so Nov/18/21 back to cbd (no quetiapine). Nov/20/21 reinstated 75mg quetiapine (stopped cbd & herbs), severely couldn't breathe for 5 seconds after taking quetiapine 75mg so reduced to 50 mg on Nov/28/21 had new and worse and very severe adverse effects, got indecisive if CT or keep taking quetiapine because I was terrified of CT, but since the new severe adverse effects were very severe I CT, and because of indecisiveness and panic to CT, I reinstated again, then CT'd and reinstated many times, last time I was taking quetiapine it was 25mg and had severe TD, hellish anhedonia, suicidal, intrusive thoughts of imagining myself running into a wall and crashing into it and I was feeling the pain as if I was doing it in real life, involuntary thoughts of punching my face or head and shashing it against the wall and some times I did punch my face, and when I didn't, I also felt the pain just by imagining it, so definitive CT on Jul/15/22. 

MY BEST ADVICE: FOLLOW SA'S GUIDELINES, DON'T CT BECAUSE IT IS HORRIFIC AND BE PATIENT TO WAIT A LONG TIME TO DO VERY SLOW AND GRADUAL TAPERS IN ORDER TO GET OFF OF YOUR MEDICATIONS, IT IS WORTH IT. THE ONLY MOMENTS WHERE IS RIGHT TO CT IS AFTER YOUR 1ST CT THAT YOU DID BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE OR IMPATIENCE, IF YOU REINSTATE AND FEEL SEVERE ADVERSE EFFECTS LIKE TD, ANHEDONIA, FEEL LIKE YOU ARE DROWNING, OR THE ONE'S I HAD, IT IS BEST TO CT IN MY EXPERIENCE, BECAUSE WHEN I REINSTATED I GOT MUCH WORSE THAN WHEN I WAS IN THE PREVIOUS CT. I'm not a doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

What are you currently taking?

Please state dose/supplement, dose you take and the time you take it.

Edited:  should state - drug/supplement

Edited by ChessieCat

I'm taking:

at 10:30am omega 3 fish oil supplement, magnesium supplement and 40mg ginkgo biloba pill.

at 9pm omega 3 fish oil supplement and magnesium supplement

at 9:55pm quetiapine 50mg (two pills of 25mg)

I go to bed at 10:30pm.

I get up from bed at 8:30am

I take what the omega 3 supplement bottle says to take, which is 1 in the morning and 1 at night. The same applies for magnesium supplement.

Each omega 3 supplement pill has 290mg of EPA and 235mg of DHA, the brand is usana.

Each magnesium supplement pill has 117.5mg of magnesium (DiMagnesium Malate, Magnesium Citrate USP, TRAACS Magnesium Lysinate Glycinate Chelate), the brand is Ortho Molecular Products.

Each ginkgo biloba pill has dry extract of ginkgo biloba leaves (40mg), equivalent to not less than 8.80 mg and not more than 10.80 mg of flavonol glycosides and not less than 2.16 mg and not more than 4.80 mg of terpene lactones.

How I've been feeling the last days:

Dec/2/21 Very bad thing in the middle of the night, I dont’t remember or not sure if it was not being able to breathe.

Other symptoms I had: august: synovial cyst on the back of both hands (ball shaped-bumps). Not able to feel rest, itching on my head

Dec/3/21 AM More palpitations and dizziness. Panic remained very low, no DR. Noon started extreme weird feeling in the head, like dizziness, and rocking/swaying sensation. 

1:30pm - 3:30pm dizziness reached the highest level (hellish) and had another unexplainable hellish feeling in my head, in my body and soul which was exhausting. 3:45pm hell disappeared, felt much better, of course I’ve been always having some/a little anxiety that never goes away. 

10pm very severe bad feeling inside my head, I think is lightheadedness but I don’t know what does lightheadedness means, 10:40p intensity increase till max level (hellish). 

Dec/4/21 it’s 1:22pm and I’ve been feeling good the whole day. 2:25pm medium level of dizziness

.3pm diziness dissappeared, feeling good.

5p  mild dizziness. Much less panic. 6pm felt much better. 8:52p very extreme dizziness. 9:15pm became very mild. 11pm extreme tiredness with a weird very bad feeling.

Dic/5/21 AM felt good. Extreme panic 3:30pm - 4:30pm. 5:30pm - 9pm felt very good

9pm severe tiredness and heat in my ears

10:30p extremely severe horrible tiredness, almost hellish, heart palpitations. Went to bed.

Dic/6/21 (8th day of being in quetiapine 50mg)

Before my hour of waking up, horrible tiredness, unability to feel rest, heat in ears, hands muscle or joints unable to relax

AM hellish (no longer tolerable) feeling in my head and soul, sort of anxiety, unable to feel rest, some dizziness, panic, exhausted. Maybe this is the indicator that reinstating quetiapine does not work anymore on me and that maybe I should go back to cbd and kalanchoe because of the days that my body adapted to them and that I felt perfect.

1pm still feeling very bad, some panic, exhausted, rocking/swaying.

Thank you so much ChessieCat

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, papaloapan said:

I'm taking:

at 10:30am omega 3 fish oil supplement, magnesium supplement and 40mg ginkgo biloba pill.

at 9:55pm quetiapine 50mg (two pills of 25mg)

Thank you for the above information.

Now, please provide a simple list for the changes you made of the dose of the quetiepine and any other drugs and supplements for 2021.

Just date and dose with no other details so we can easily see when you increased/decreased/stopped.

Ok CheesieCat, here is the list just as you told me to do it:

Note: when I say that one day I take for example cbd 3 drops PM, and if the next days I don’t mention the cbd, it means that the next days I kept taking the same dose of the same cbd at the same time of the day. If I write “cbd 3 drops PM” it means that I only took cbd at PM and that I didn’t take it at AM. If I say one day I stopped taking a supplement/herb/drug and in the following days I mention it, it means I reinstated it. 

AM = 11:00am

PM = 11:00pm

Jan/1-4/21 quetiapine 75mg. Magnesium supp AM and 9pm. Omega 3 fish oil supp AM and 9pm and ginkgo biloba AM. 

Jan/5/21 quetiapine 50mg

Jan/6/21 CT quetiapine

Feb/16/21 CT melatonin (1.5mg). PM low quality cbd (high in thc) cbd 2 drops 

Feb/18/21 CT ginkgo, low q (low quality) cbd changed to take it AM. PM took verbena (verbena is a herb for insomnia, anxiety, muscle relaxant, migraines, tachycardia, rheumatic and muscular pain, makes you sweat, stimulates the immune system in febrile states, uterine stimulant and galactagogue, diuretic, renal and hepatic affections, digestive, anticoagulant, for oral affections, hematomas and sinusitis).

Feb/19/21 Stopped low q cbd at AM and took it at PM 3 drops, stopped verbena, ginkgo AM 

Feb/20/21 verbena PM

Feb/21/21 stopped verbena. AM ortiga (detox herb) 

Feb/22/21 melatonin 1.5mg. Stopped low q cbd at PM and started taking it AM 2 drops

Feb/24/21

Stopped ortiga (detox herb), perilla (allergy-detox herb) 10 drops AM

Feb/28/21 Perilla (allergy-detox herb) 15 drops AM

Mar/2/21 Perilla back to 10 drops AM. Stopped low q cbd

Mar/3/21 Perilla back to 7 drops AM

Mar/6/21 Reinsted low q cbd AM 3 drops and at 3pm

Mar/7/21 Stopped low q cbd, kalanchoe AM 10 drops

Mar/8/21 Kalanchoe 9 drops AM

Mar/13/21 low q cbd 2 drops AM and stopped kalanchoe

Mar/20/21 Stopped taking at AM low q cbd and started taking it at PM 2 drops. CT melatonin.

Mar/21/21 Stopped taking low q cbd

Mar/22/21 higher q (higher quality) cbd (lower in thc) 150mg (bottle contains 150mg in 30ml)  AM 2 drops

Mar/24/21 Perilla 8 drops AM

Mar/25/21 quetiapine 100mg at PM

Apr/14/21 quetiapine 75mg PM

Jun/9/21 CT quetiapine,  higher q cbd 150mg 20 drops PM

Jun /10/21 low q cbd 5 drops PM

Jun/12/21 low q cbd 6 drops PM

Jun/13/21 low q cbd 7 drops PM

Jun/14/21 higher q cbd 150mg 30 drops PM

Jun/15/21 high q cbd 300mg (bottle contains in total 300mg in 30 ml) 18 drops PM

Jun/18/21 low q cbd AM 3 drops

Jun/22/21 high q cbd 300mg 8 drops AM and low q cbd 5 drops PM

Jun/23/21 high q cbd 300mg 8 drops AM and low q cbd 6 drops PM

Jun/24/21 low q cbd 6 drops AM and 6 drops PM

Jun/25/21 low q cbd 5 drops AM and 6 drops PM

Jun/26/21 high q cbd 300mg 15 drops AM and 15 drops PM. Stopped taking ginkgo

Jun/27/21 high q cbd 300mg 15 drops AM and 20 drops PM, ginkgo AM

Jun/28/21 high q cbd 300mg 15 drops AM and 15 drops PM

Jul/5/21 high q cbd 300mg 8 drops AM and 15 drops PM

Jul/6/21 AM no cbd and PM low q cbd 3 drops

Jul/8/21 PM high q cbd 300mg 10 drops

Jul/11/21 vitamin b12 supplement (b12) AM. PM high q cbd 300mg 15 drops

Jul/15/21 Stopped taking b12 supp

Jul/16/21 b12 supp

Jul/27/21 low q cbd 3 drops PM. b complex injection PM

Jul/31/21 2nd b complex injection 

Aug/2/21 low q cbd 5 drops PM (this continues to mean that no cbd at AM, as I explained in the begginning)

Aug/3/21 low q cbd 10 drops PM

Aug/6/21 b12 supplement AM

Aug/9/21 arnica 20 drops AM, arnica is a a herb for muscle pain, skin lesions (bumps or bruises, reduce swelling), analgesic/painkiller, increases blood circulation in the area where it is applied (took it orally), anti-inflammatory, stretch marks, arthritis, antibacterial, cholagogue, expulsion of bile, platelet antiaggregant, neuralgic pains, astringent and fever reducer. 

Took kalanchoe 10 drops AM, kalanchoe is is a herb for/heals: psychosis, panic disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar mania, nervousness, analgesic, antiallergic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antiulcer, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral, antipyretic, immunosuppressant (suppresses some immune system cells) immunomodulatory (modulates some overactive immune cells) muscle relaxant, insecticide. It should not be used for long periods if no treatment is to be done. In case of heart disease (I have palpitations because of psych drugs), consult a doctor (its composition includes bufadienolides, which are cardiac glycosides that in high doses can cause intoxication, but I took it in a very low dose).

High q cbd 300mg 25 drops PM

Aug/10/21 arnica 30 drops AM

Aug/11/21 Stopped taking kalanchoe. arnica 40 drops AM

Aug/13/21 Arnica 50 drops AM. High q cbd 300mg 30 drops PM

Aug/23/21 verbena 15 drops PM

Aug/25/21 Stopped taking verbena

Aug/30/21 Arnica 30 drops AM and 30 drops @5pm

Sep/6/21 Arnica 60 drops AM

Sep/12/21 Stopped taking ginkgo. 

Sep/15/21 perilla (detox-allergy herb) very low dose 7 drops AM

Sep/16/21 ginkgo AM. Started taking 4 detox herbs: turmeric (herb for liver problems, stomach problems, biliary disorders, for flus, detox the liver, skin inflammation) dandelion, hibiscus and cuachalalate (herbs for detox). 

Sep/18/21 Stopped taking the 4 detox herbs.

Sep/19/21 Stopped taking arnica (analgesic herb). kalanchoe (panic disorder herb) 10 drops AM

Sep/20/21 turmeric 1 drop AM

Sep/26/21 verbena (muscle relaxant and hepatic affections herb) 35 drops PM.

Sep/27/21 Stopped taking verbena

Oct/2/21 Turmeric (detox herb) 4 drops

Oct/3/21 Turmeric 2 drops. Stopped kalanchoe

Oct/4/21 kalanchoe and doubled the dose (20 drops) AM. Perilla (detox-allergy herb) 7 drops AM

Oct/5/21 Kalanchoe 10 drops AM. Valerian 3 drops PM

Oct/6/21 Valerian no longer PM, now AM 2 drops

Oct/8/21 Stopped valerian and perilla

Oct/10/21 quercetin (detox) AM

Oct/12/21 stopped quercetin

Oct/13/21 Updosed kalanchoe to 30 drops AM. Stopped turmeric. 

Oct/14/21 Stopped kalanchoe. Verbena 30 drops AM

Oct/15/21 Stopped verbena

Oct/16/21 kalanchoe 10 drops AM

Oct/19/21 turmeric 2 drops AM. 

Oct/21/21 Stopped kalanchoe and ginkgo. Stimulating cbd 0.75ml AM and 0.75ml PM. Stopped high q cbd 300mg 30 drops PM. 

Oct/22/21 Stimulating cbd no longer at AM, now only PM 0.25ml

Oct/25/21 Stimulating cbd AM 0.25ml and PM 0.25ml

Oct/26/21 Stimulating cbd no longer PM, now only AM 0.25ml. High q cbd 300mg 30 drops PM.

Oct/27/21 Stopped stimulating cbd AM. 

Oct/29/21 Ginkgo 6pm. 

Oct/30/21 Ginkgo AM

Nov/8/21 Turmeric updose to 4 drops. Started eating again 3 times a day (10:30am, 4pm and 9pm), for many months used to eat twice a day (11am and 7pm).

Nov/9/21 Turmeric 3 drops. 

Nov/13/21 Kalanchoe 10 drops AM. Stopped taking turmeric

Nov/15/21 Stopped kalanchoe

Nov/18/21 quetiapine 75mg @4am. Kalanchoe 10 drops 5pm. Didn’t take quetiapine at PM

Nov/21/21 quetiapine 75mg @3am and @ 10pm. Stopped kalanchoe and high q cbd. Perilla (detox-allergy herb) 7 drops AM

Nov/23/21 Quetiapine 50mg @10pm 

Nov/28/21 Melissa (herb for insomnia) @2am, high q cbd 300mg 30 drops @5am, quetiapine 50mg @6:45am and 10pm. Didn’t take perilla (detox-allergy herb). 

Nov/29/21 Perilla 7 drops AM

Dec/11/21 Stopped perilla (detox-allergy herb)

How many days do I have to wait for my body to adapt to quetiapine 50mg? Today is the 13th day of being on it, and I've been feeling extremely bad, for example yesterday I shaked a small bottle for mixing its ingredients and that made me had an extreme dizziness, so extreme that I thought there was an earthquake but there wasn't, I've been feeling panic, hellish intrusive thoughts, and many others very extreme. I haven't felt extremely bad all the time, there have been some moments where I feel decent. But most of the time I've been feeling very bad.

How extreme do they have to be in order for me to reduce quetiapine or stop taking it? Because in "About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce wd" it says that if after reinstating I have severe adverse reactions, that I should reduce or stop taking the drug. And right after reinstating, the 1st day I had super extreme heart palpitations and the 2nd day I was not able to breathe for some seconds. It is so confusing and difficult to make a choice because a person that CT, reinstated 2 years ago just a part of the full dose and didn't stabilize and had to updose little by little until reaching original full dose and then stabilize, so if I keep feeling extremely bad, how many days do I have to wait to make a change? And that change should be reduce the dose of quetiapine, or updose, or stop taking it competely (CT again) ? 

If after the 31 days that I felt very good with high q cbd 300mg 30 drops PM, if I hadn't made changes (stopped taking ginkgo) isn’t it very possible that I would have continue to feel very good? I think so. The only thing that is risky is that the cbd that made me feel good, it has a bit of thc which if taken for a long period of time, it is possible that it can cause adverse effects. 

And if after the days that I was feeling very good with cbd and kalanchoe, if I hadn't made changes (taking different herbs to heal my back spasm), and if I hadn't increased kalanchoe's dose to heal back spasm and if I hadn't stopped taking it and reinstating it many times, also isn’t it very possible that I would have continue to feel very good? I think so

Years ago when I used to take lithium, I CT'd from 75mg to 0mg, of course I felt hellish, and some months later started taking AM pristiq 50mg and PM quetiapine 100mg, took my body around 2 months to adapt and feel perfect with pristiq and quetiapine, I thought I could do that again by CT'ing quetiapine and started taking cbd.

Still, I will not do only what I want, I'll do what moderators and Alto tell me to do, but once a moderator told me in my intro that I'm the best judge to know what is the best for me. I accept that CT'ing quetiapine was a mistake and that I should've done what SA (Alto and moderators) tell me to do which is a slow taper. Last time I CT'd quetiapine was because I couldn't stand anymore the fact of not feeling pleasure. I trust SA because I know SA is the most knowledgeable about WD. What makes me feel at ease is to follow what SA says, and at the same time SA says that ultimately I'm the best judge because I know better how I feel right? So what I understood from SA about the decision of what to do is that it is a balanced mix of what SA says and what I feel is the best thing to do (as a mod told me that I’m the only one that knows better how my body feels and if the intensity of AE’s is no longer tolerable, right?)

It is difficult to know when to make a change in my meds because if I'm feeling extremely bad, maybe my body will not survive or will never be able to heal if I keep taking psych drugs and maybe in that point it is necessary to CT and to take another thing like a herb? How do you know when you feel you're about to die or get stuck for the rest of your life in severe WD and adverse effects and that CT is the right thing and necessary thing to do? (CT and compensate with a herb to heal and feel better)

• Administrator

Please be aware that no one here has the time or the interest to study your chemistry experiments in order to understand what you're doing.

We advise people to keep it simple, which is something you like to do. If you want to hunt for a miracle drug, this site is not the place to discuss your experiments. You might try bluelight.org

On 12/11/2021 at 2:00 PM, papaloapan said:

I thought I could do that again by CT'ing quetiapine and started taking cbd.

When did you cold turkey quetiapine? I see you were messing around with it in mid-November.

What exactly are you taking now (today), at what times o'clock and what dosages?

What are your current symptoms that you feel are related to going off psychiatric drugs?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

I CT quetiapine on jun/9/21, I just updated my signature with the last important changes I did, summarized.

I’m taking 

at 10:30pm quetiapine 50mg (two pills of 25mg)

I go to bed at 10:30pm.

I get up from bed at 10am

I’m able to sleep good.

Current symptoms related to going off psych drugs: 

when I say hellish I mean the most intense level and no longer tolerable/can’t stand it anymore

• After taking quetiapine, around 11:30pm, if I stay awake, I have a weird and very intense kind of tiredness with a feeling of my head being inflated with air, with difficulty of breathing (hellish)
  • Anxiety (very often hellish)
  • Being out of breath/drown - it happened like 4 times, while sleeping, for some seconds I was not able to breathe.
  • Concentration/focus got worse. Most of the time my brain does not process things when I read it 1 time, I have to read it 3 or 4 times, and still at the 4th time I feel I don’t processed it fully. Horrible feeling that I’m not sure if I read or did something already and have to do it again.
  • Crying 
  • Depression (sometimes hellish)
  • Despair 
  • Disorientation/feeling lost
  • Dizziness/rocking-swaying (have had it for years but now is much worse, sometimes hellish, one time I shaked a small bottle and I felt as if there was an earthquake
  • DR/DP (sometimes hellish). Disconnected from myself, I don’t feel my presence or myself, and feel disconnected from others while talking to them
  • Dryness inside my mouth.
  • Emotional irritability hellish
  • Extra gum caused by quetiapine, told by dentist, who had to cut the extra gum because it was creating bad bacteria. 
  • Hearing loss (mild but frightening), have had it for a long time but now it got worse. I can’t hear soft sounds that other people can listen.
  • Heart palpitations (have had them since many years ago, but now a bit more intense). When they get more intense, I feel that my head and my whole torso are palpitating.
  • Heat in my ears (only a small part of the day, very disturbing)
  • Hurt in ears because of noises (have had it for long time but now it is worse, annoyingly hellish)
  • I don’t feel the present moment at all. 
  • I feel absolutely no pleasure or happiness, with anything (food, sex, etc) (hellish) sometimes I have to over eat bread, dairy and sugar to try to ease the anxiety of not feeling pleasure but it doesn’t work.
  • Imagination impaired because if I want to imagine something, the intrusive thoughts dont’t let me, and if I achieve to imagine something which is for a few seconds, I can’t feel what I imagine.
  • Impatience/despair
  • Inability to feel rest, to relax in waking hours and to feel calmness (hellish)
  • Indecisiveness. Many times I feel I’m doing everything wrong and that all my decisions are wrong. sometimes hellish
  • Internal trembling inside my head (have had it very few times, it is mild, and sometimes I’m not sure if it is dizziness or head palpitations)
  • Intrusive/involuntary thoughts and ear worms, they are present the whole time, they don’t stop even 1 second (hellish)
  • Itching on my head (not all the time, intense)
  • Loneliness (feeling) even though if I’m with people. (hellish)
  • Melancholy/nostalgia (not all the time, hellish)
  • Memory (short term) is bad, have been bad since long time ago but now it got worse
  • Muscle wasting and weakening (have had it since long time ago but now it got worse)
  • No mental clarity
  • Neuroemotions (hellish) of anger, depression, feeling sorry for me/self-pity, that people thiink I’m an idiot and a scumbag, feeling very inferior to everybody, my mind judges me severely.
  • Nostrils get stuffed of mucus (allergy) it is harder to breathe through nose, had it for years but now it is worse. Drs say allergy is caused by liver not being able to process/digest something (psych drugs).
  • Not able to be still (a few times)
  • Not wanting to do anything, apathy (sometimes hellish)
  • OCD (have had it for long time but now got worse)
  • Panic, also panic to speak/socialize when 3 or more new/unknown people are near me, and panic to what they are going to think of me.
  • Soles of my feet hurt because of walking or being stand up (not all the time)
  • Sinovial cyst on the back of both hands (ball shaped-bumps) sometimes the bumps hurt
  • Suicidal feeling (sometimes hellish)
  • Spasm in my back (pain, very severe, many times hellish), also in neck.
  • Stress/fight or flight most of the time very intense. Doing the most simple things (mental or physical) stresses and wear me out a lot.
  • Time goes by extremely fast, I’m able to do very few things in one day so I hurry up all the time, even though I try to calm, is inevitable to feel always in a hurry (sometimes hellish). And everyone else can do many things in one day
  • Tinnitus (have had it for a long time but now it got worse)
  • Tiredness (sometimes hellish), physical and mental. Driving after 11pm is extremely difficult.
  • Some moments I feel like I’m dying (hellish, because of the mix of all the symptoms)
  • Stuffed nose of mucus (it is hard to breath through nose) doctors say it is an allergy caused by liver not being able to digest some things (psychiatric meds)
  • Wake up with panic and anxiety and severe tiredness (hellish)
  • When I laugh I don’t feel the laughter

I’ve been today 28 days in quetiapine 50mg. I can’t stand it no more, this is no longer tolerable, feels like a never ending nightmare with no way of escaping. Some days intensity of symptoms decrease something while being physically occupied, between 5pm and 8pm.

Is it ok that if after being 4 weeks in quetiapine 50mg, my symptoms are still intolerable, should I updose to 100mg? 100mg is my original full dose that last time I was taking it I felt good and stable.

At what time should I take quetiapine?

I accept I was the biggest fool when I CT quetiapine. If I could turn back on time I would've not CT, I would've done a very slow taper of quetiapine. I surrender, I'll do exactly what Alto and the moderators tell me to do. Thank you

Those days and hours of the days that intensity of symptoms decrease, symptoms are tolerable. Day 27 and 28 of being in quetiapine, some hours I felt better and I felt some happiness being with family. 
Day 28 (yesterday) since my body has general weakness and tolerates being in the sun for a short time, because of yesterday being more time in the sun, and in the night I was in intense cold, maybe also having eating cake (I daily eat very healthy) today (day 29) I feel more than hellish: I had to lie on bed or being sitted on couch almost the entire day (before day 29 I was much more active), I’m having that feeling of very delicate feeling of my body when I touch cold water with my hands it feels horrible in other parts of the body (like a flu), severely constipated. Maybe also affected the fact that yesterday the 1st 4 weeks of being in quetiapine 50mg have passed. I don’t have energy today to even sit down on the table to eat, 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, papaloapan said:

severely constipated

I have found that chia seeds are good for this.  Do a google search.  You need to make sure that you drink plenty of water otherwise they can have the opposite effect.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, Altostrata said:

Please be aware that no one here has the time or the interest to study your chemistry experiments in order to understand what you're doing

I agree. I accept I was the biggest fool when I CT quetiapine. If I could turn back on time I would've not CT, I would've done a very slow taper. I surrender, I'll do exactly what Alto and the moderators tell me to do.

When did you cold turkey quetiapine? I see you were messing around with it in mid-November.

I CT quetiapine on jun/9/21, I just updated my signature with the last important changes I did, summarized.

What exactly are you taking now (today), at what times o'clock and what dosages?

I’m taking 

at 10:30pm quetiapine 50mg (two pills of 25mg)

What are your current symptoms that you feel are related to going off psychiatric drugs?

• After taking quetiapine, around 11:30pm, if I stay awake, I have a weird and very intense kind of tiredness with a feeling of my head being inflated with air, with difficulty of breathing.
  • Anxiety (worsening, when I say "worsening" I mean I've had it since long time ago, before CTing, but now it's worse).
  • Being out of breath/drown - it happened like 4 times, while sleeping, for some seconds I was not able to breathe.
  • Concentration/focus (worsening). Most of the time my brain does not process things when I read it 1 time, I have to read it 3 or 4 times, and still at the 4th time I feel I don’t processed it fully. Horrible feeling that I’m not sure if I read or did something already and have to do it again.
  • Crying 
  • Depression (worsening)
  • Despair and impatience.
  • Disorientation/feeling lost
  • Dizziness/rocking-swaying (worsening), one time I shaked a small bottle and I felt as if there was an earthquake
  • DR/DP, disconnected from myself, I don’t feel my presence or myself, and feel disconnected from others while talking to them. When I laugh I don’t feel the laughter
  • Dryness inside my mouth.
  • Emotional irritability (worsening)
  • Hearing loss (mild but frightening), I can’t hear soft sounds that other people can listen. (worsening).
  • Heart palpitations (worsening). When they get more intense, I feel that my head and my whole torso are palpitating.
  • Heat in my ears (only a small part of the day).
  • Hurt in ears because of noises (worsening).
  • I don’t feel the present moment at all. 
  • I feel absolutely no pleasure or happiness, with anything (food, sex, etc) sometimes I have to over eat bread, dairy and sugar to try to ease the anxiety of not feeling pleasure but it doesn’t work.
  • Imagination impaired because if I want to imagine something, the intrusive thoughts dont’t let me, and if I achieve to imagine something which is for a few seconds, I can’t feel what I imagine. (worsening)
  • Inability to feel rest, to relax in waking hours and to feel calmness.
  • Indecisiveness. Many times I feel I’m doing everything wrong and that all my decisions are wrong. 
  • Internal trembling inside my head (have had it very few times, it is mild, and sometimes I’m not sure if it is dizziness or head palpitations)
  • Intrusive/involuntary thoughts and ear worms, they are present the whole time, they don’t stop even 1 second (worsening).
  • Itching on my head (worsening)
  • Loneliness (feeling) even though if I’m with people.
  • Melancholy/nostalgia.
  • Memory (short term) (worsening).
  • Muscle wasting and weakening (worsening)
  • No mental clarity (worsening)
  • Neuroemotions of anger, depression, feeling sorry for me/self-pity, that people thiink I’m an idiot and a scumbag, feeling very inferior to everybody, my mind judges me severely. (worsening)
  • Nostrils get stuffed of mucus (allergy) it is harder to breathe through nose. Drs say allergy is caused by liver not being able to process/digest something (psych drugs). (worsening).
  • Not able to be still physically (a few times).
  • Not wanting to do anything, apathy.
  • OCD (worsening)
  • Panic. Also panic to speak/socialize when 3 or more new/unknown people are near me, and panic to what they are going to think of me.
  • Soles of my feet hurt because of walking or being stand up (not all the time)
  • Sinovial cyst on the back of both hands (ball shaped-bumps) sometimes the bumps hurt.
  • Suicidal feeling.
  • Spasm in my back (pain) also in neck.
  • Stress/fight or flight very intense the whole time. Doing the most simple things (mental or physical) stresses and wear me out a lot.
  • Time goes by extremely fast, I’m able to do very few things in one day so I hurry up all the time, even though I try to calm, is inevitable to feel always in a hurry. And everyone else can do many things in one day.
  • Tinnitus (worsening).
  • Tiredness, physical and mental. Driving after 11pm is extremely difficult. (worsening). 

Sorry for my last post on Dec/27/21 about my flu and constipation. I'll just post things that are related to psych drugs. The flu and constipation only lasted 1 day. I'm fine now, the flu and constipation are gone.

I came up with a way of being clear of intensity of symptoms. 1 = feel very good. 2 = mild discomfort. 3 = strong discomfort (still tolerable, stable and suitable for doing a reduction). 4= very or super strong and extreme discomfort (no longer tolerable, no longer stable and therefore not suitable for doing a reduction). 5= the most extreme-about to die-need for being hospitalized (highest and last level of discomfort). 

Today is the 34th day of being in quetiapine 50mg. Approximately 85-90% of the time I feel level 4 and 5. Some moments the intensity decreases to 3.5 (approx 10-15% of the time), I feel that 3 or 3.5 is stable and therefore ready to do a reduction. 

It is so difficult for me to decide and feel sure of which has been the percentage of time of which I've been feeling in level 4 and which is the percentage of 5 and the percentage of 3.5

I mean it is difficult to define. And I have panic that I'm not able to say it accurately and therefore Alto and the mods won't be able to tell me accurately what should I do. I know this is my unconscious part/ego and therefore it is false, but it is hard to deal with. Still, I trust SA.

How long do I have to continue taking 50mg? And if in that time of taking 50mg I still feel level 4 or 5 of intensity of symptoms, should I updose to 75mg or to 100mg? Or should I reduce? Should I already updose to 75mg or 100mg? 100mg is my original full dose in which I felt good and stable. I'm aware that my taper will last at least 5 years.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, papaloapan said:

After taking quetiapine, around 11:30pm, if I stay awake, I have a weird and very intense kind of tiredness with a feeling of my head being inflated with air, with difficulty of breathing.

Many of the symptoms you describe are ADVERSE EFFECTS of quetiapine, not withdrawal symptoms.

I can't follow your drug changes. Sorry, I have no idea how to help you. Here's our topic Tips for tapering off quetiapine (Seroquel) You can make your own decisions.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 months later...

I updated my signature so that you can follow my drug changes and how I've been feeling. In bold I put the last important changes and what I am currently taking, I know the signature is long but I summarized it the most I could so that it has the most important things in order for readers to not have the need to read the whole Intro & update. Please, I really need your help.

I made a tapering plan of quetiapine (very slow and gradual 10% method taper), but the problem is that the scale that I bought which is the AWS gemini 20 which supposedly measures 20g x 0.001g (which means that the smallest weight the scale can measure is 0.001 g or 1 mgpw (milligram pill weight), is that the third or last decimal number/place (which in 0.001 g it would be the 1), every time I put the same quetiapine tablet, it varies up to 5 (I mean it varies 0.005 g) and the last reduction (before jumping to 0mg of quetiapine) or the last weight of quetiapine that I put in my tapering plan is 0.15 mg which is 0.15 mgai (milligram active ingredient) which in mgpw or the weight it is equivalent to (or would appear) on my scale it would be 0.000366 g. I read at the topic about scales that the ones that are accurate in this third decimal place I just mentioned, that they cost $1,450 USD or more. Someone told me that brassmonkey was able to do he's whole taper with the AWS gemini 20, and that's why I bought it, but I just proved that it is not possible to do it.

I have already read the instructions/user manual of the scale and it says that in case it is not working properly, that I have to do a calibration which I already did and it still not accurate in the 3rd decimal. One day I lent a friend the scale and it is possible that maybe he gave a very slight hit to the scale as an accident or he placed the scale for a long time very close to a laptop and that caused that the scale is not accurate because in the user manual it says that if the scale is close to a laptop or cell phone for some time that it can be damaged because of the electromagnetic waves.

Has anyone been able to successfully do a whole taper with the AWS gemini 20 scale even with mg pill weights of 0.001 g?

Can you please recommend me another scale that it is accurate in the third decimal place? Of course the cheaper the better for me but if scales that are accurate in the third decimal place are only scales that cost $1,450 USD or more, well I would have to save a lot of money and wait a lot of time for when I have already saved it. Because it is much more important for the scale to be accurate than for it to be cheap, if it is not accurate in the 3rd decimal I won't be able to do the whole taper.

I read the whole "Tips for tapering quetiapine/seroquel" topic and what seems best based on all the comments is to cut the tablet with a sharp knife or razor blade.

Carmie said that she water titrated when she was on 6mg but I phone called the company in my country that manufactures the quetiapine I take and talked to the medical doctor of the company and he told me that quetiapine tablets do not dissolve fully in water, and there are comments in the topic of "tips for tapering quetiapine" that say that when they try to dissolve in water that tablets don't fully dissolve because some very little solid pieces remain solid or without dissolving.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Hi @papaloapan

I understand you may have a question you would like to ask.

The place for questions is here in your thread. It is best not to message us offline, as we are a very small team and can't respond to all private messages we receive.

Posting publicly gives others the opportunity to jump in and assist.

Regards, Emonda

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

2017 – 2022:   Vortioxetine 15mg, Jan ’22, 15mg->5mg over 4 weeks, Feb ‘22 5mg -> 7.5mg due to WD, July ’22 6.75mg (found SA website), Aug 6.07mg, Sep 5.46mg, 11 Oct 5.00mg, 18 Oct 4.88mg, 25 Oct 4.75mg, 1 Nov 4.63mg, 8 Nov 4.5mg, 3 Jan ’23 4.39mg, 10 Jan 4.28mg, 17 Jan 4.06mg, 13 Feb 3.95mg, 20 Mar 3.85mg, 3 Apr 3.75mg, 10 April 3.65mg, 31 May 3.58mg, 8 June 3.50mg, 15 June 3.43mg, 22 June 3.35mg, 12 Jul 3.29mg,  19 Jul 3.22mg, 26 Jul 3.15mg, 3 Aug 3.09mg, 30 Aug 3.02mg, 7 Sep 2.96mg, 14 Sep 2.89mg, 21 Sep 2.82mg, Oct 11 2.75mg, Oct 19 2.70mg, Oct 26 2.64mg, Nov 2 2.59mg, Nov 23 2.53mg, Nov 30 2.48mg, 7 Dec 2.43mg, 17 Dec 2.38mg, 19 Jan 2.33mg, 26 Jan 2.28mg, 2 Feb 2.24mg, 8 Feb 2.19mg,  29 Feb 2.15mg,  7 Mar 2.10mg,  14 Mar 2.06mg,  21 Mar 1.99mg,  10 Apr 1.95mg, 17 Apr 1.91mg, 24 Apr 1.87mg,