SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

papaloapan: how to detox from psychiatric drugs and eliminate side effects?

papaloapan

• Moderator Emeritus

This may be the topic you are thinking of:  preparing-to-taper

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus
On 26/03/2018 at 3:44 PM, papaloapan said:

I NEED HELP: (continuation of tramadol tapering)

march 24 morning 9 drops night 9 drops

march 25 morning 6 drops night 6 drops, that night (yesterday) I could not sleep most of the night, I felt a horrible adverse effect (or I think it was a withdrawal effect) like something inside my head was moving, very disturbing, couldn't breathe right through my nose because my nose felt stuffed? I don't know how to translate from spanish. I have to say that since I hang out with friends on the weekend, friday and saturday night I slept later, friday night 2am and saturday night 3:30am. Saturday in the morning I got up from bed at 2pm and also sunday in the morning I got up from bed at 2pm. Sunday at night I layed down at bed at 11:50pm. Maybe that could affected because in the weekend I didn't take tramadol at the same time as the weekdays (weekdays I go to bed early, 11:30pm and in the mornings I wake up at 8:30am). 

So should I stay in 6 drops in the morning and night for more days? Or what should I do? 

Hi, I'm sorry I didnt see your PM.  I have been away from the forum for a few weeks preparing to move house. 

The above post describes tramadol withdrawal perfectly.  It is difficult because of the opiate withdrawal combined with the added SSRI/SNRI. Opiate withdrawal can be over quite quickly after taking them for a short time. How are you now, did you taper any more? 

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi mammaP, Thank you so much for your reply, for your time and caring. I appreciate it so much. This has been how I tapered tramadol:

march 12 in the night: started 15 drops of tramadol

march 13 to  march 19: 15 drops twice a day: morning and night  

march 20 morning 15 drops, night 12 drops

march 21 morning 12 drops night 10 drops (felt at night some breathlessness)

march 22 morning 12 drops  night 12 drops

march 23 morning 12 drops night 12 drops

march 24 morning 9 drops night 9 drops

march 25 morning 6 drops night 6 drops (felt a horrible w/d effect while trying to sleep: horrible movement inside my head and other horrible w/d effects)

march 26 morning 9 drops night 9 drops

march 27 morning 9 drops night 9 drops

march 28 morning 6 drops night 6 drops

march 29 morning 6 drops night 6 drops

march 30 morning 4 drops night 4 drops (started feeling more dizziness, vertigo, at night while trying to sleep felt a bad w/d effect)

march 31 morning 4 drops night 4 drops (continued with dizziness,/vertigo and also at night had mild involuntary bicep stiffness, at in the middle of the night another hard to explain with words bad w/d effect)

april 1st (today) morning 6 drops

As you can see, each time I notice my body is having severe w/d effect and can't handle it, I go back to the last dosage, and now instead of holding each dose for 2 days, I'm going to try maybe for 3 or 4 days.

I feel hopeless, I would like to know if any person in SA has been hooked to 3 psychiatric drugs like I am now, and if that person managed to get off 3 or more psychiatric drugs. That would help me to believe that I also can do it. 

I  acquired the patience for knowing that I have to taper gradually (decrease 10% every 4 weeks) first of pristiq 50mg (by converting to effexor XR 100mg) and then taper IR quetiapine 100mg. I really don't have the patience for tapering that slow tramadol. This have been a ******* nightmare. I'm so ******* angry with the dentist because he prescribed me tramadol for the dental pain for extracting my teeth. I want him and the manufacturers of pristiq, quetiapine and tramadol in jail and to pay me money for causing me so much pain and suffering. But I don't have the time to sue them. Thank you so much for reading my post.

In 2008 I was 16 years old. 2008 - 2010 paxil, clonazepam & semisodium valproate. 2013 - 2017 many psych meds with cold switches and CT's prescribed by psychiatrists.

Nov/30/17 started quetiapine IR tablets 100mg 0-0-1. Dec/1/17 started pristiq 50mg tablets 1-0-0. Jan/14/18 started 1.5mg melatonin 0-0-1

Tramadol: 2 year well done (slow and gradual) taper: from Mar/12/18 to Feb/11/20 

Pristiq taper: Jun/15/20 Converted from pristiq 50mg to efexor xr 75mg for 57 days (felt good).  Aug/11/20 weaned to efexor 37.5mg and stayed there for 2 months with 26 days (felt good). Nov/6/20  CT 0mg of efexor xr (felt good). Total time in tapering pristiq 50mg by converting to efexor xr 75mg: 4 months with 22 days: Jun/15/20 to Nov/6/20. (felt good)

Efexor 0mg and quetiapine 100mg (Nov/6/20 to Dic/11/20) (felt good being without effexor and taking 100mg quetiapine)

Dic/11/20 quetiapine 75mg, so 75mg from Dic/11/20 to Jan/4/21  25 days. Jan/5/21 quetiapine 50mg (1 day in 50mg).

Jan/6/21 1st CT of quetiapine. Mar/1/21 CT melatonin. Felt terrible so Mar/25/21 reinstated 100mg quetiapine. 

100mg quetiapine 19 days (Mar/25/21 - Apr/13/21) Felt good while in quetiapine 100mg. 75mg quetiapine 55 days (Apr/14/21 - Jun/8/21) the 55th day (Jun/8/21)  felt hellish so CT'd quetiapine for a 2nd time on Jun/9/21. 

Jun/9/21 - Nov/16/21 1st days insomnia, anxiety, took cbd and felt very good many days (healed insomnia & anxiety), CT'd ginkgo which made me felt terrible so reinstated ginkgo. Started intolerable back pain (spasm) so tried other herbs along with cbd, then started derealization, panic, indecisiveness, nostalgia & others. Stopped taking cbd & herbs, reinstated quetiapine 75mg Nov/17/21, immediately after taking it, had severe heart palpitations, so Nov/18/21 back to cbd (no quetiapine). Nov/20/21 reinstated 75mg quetiapine (stopped cbd & herbs), severely couldn't breathe for 5 seconds after taking quetiapine 75mg so reduced to 50 mg on Nov/28/21 had new and worse and very severe adverse effects, got indecisive if CT or keep taking quetiapine because I was terrified of CT, but since the new severe adverse effects were very severe I CT, and because of indecisiveness and panic to CT, I reinstated again, then CT'd and reinstated many times, last time I was taking quetiapine it was 25mg and had severe TD, hellish anhedonia, suicidal, intrusive thoughts of imagining myself running into a wall and crashing into it and I was feeling the pain as if I was doing it in real life, involuntary thoughts of punching my face or head and shashing it against the wall and some times I did punch my face, and when I didn't, I also felt the pain just by imagining it, so definitive CT on Jul/15/22. 

Free from quetiapine and psych meds since Jul/15/22.

MY BEST ADVICE: FOLLOW SA'S GUIDELINES, DON'T CT BECAUSE IT IS HORRIFIC AND BE PATIENT TO WAIT A LONG TIME TO DO VERY SLOW AND GRADUAL TAPERS IN ORDER TO GET OFF OF YOUR MEDICATIONS, IT IS WORTH IT. THE ONLY MOMENTS WHERE IS RIGHT TO CT IS AFTER YOUR 1ST CT THAT YOU DID BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE OR IMPATIENCE, IF YOU REINSTATE AND FEEL SEVERE ADVERSE EFFECTS LIKE TD, ANHEDONIA, FEEL LIKE YOU ARE DROWNING, OR THE ONE'S I HAD, IT IS BEST TO CT IN MY EXPERIENCE, BECAUSE WHEN I REINSTATED I GOT MUCH WORSE THAN WHEN I WAS IN THE PREVIOUS CT. I'm not a doctor.

• 1 month later...

I'm having as a side effect dry mouth and dry throat, the dry throat is affecting me because I take singing lessons and I do daily singing exercises so it obviously affects the performance of my throat and singing, I searched already for "dry throat" in the search bar of SA but didn't found a solution for it. Anybody knows a solution or a doctor that can help me with this?

Btw I'm still tapering tramadol, my body could only handle tapering 1 drop every 2 weeks. Today I'm taking 3 drops in the morning and 4 at night. Still taking 50mg pristiq and 100mg quetiapine

In 2008 I was 16 years old. 2008 - 2010 paxil, clonazepam & semisodium valproate. 2013 - 2017 many psych meds with cold switches and CT's prescribed by psychiatrists.

Nov/30/17 started quetiapine IR tablets 100mg 0-0-1. Dec/1/17 started pristiq 50mg tablets 1-0-0. Jan/14/18 started 1.5mg melatonin 0-0-1

Tramadol: 2 year well done (slow and gradual) taper: from Mar/12/18 to Feb/11/20 

Pristiq taper: Jun/15/20 Converted from pristiq 50mg to efexor xr 75mg for 57 days (felt good).  Aug/11/20 weaned to efexor 37.5mg and stayed there for 2 months with 26 days (felt good). Nov/6/20  CT 0mg of efexor xr (felt good). Total time in tapering pristiq 50mg by converting to efexor xr 75mg: 4 months with 22 days: Jun/15/20 to Nov/6/20. (felt good)

Efexor 0mg and quetiapine 100mg (Nov/6/20 to Dic/11/20) (felt good being without effexor and taking 100mg quetiapine)

Dic/11/20 quetiapine 75mg, so 75mg from Dic/11/20 to Jan/4/21  25 days. Jan/5/21 quetiapine 50mg (1 day in 50mg).

Jan/6/21 1st CT of quetiapine. Mar/1/21 CT melatonin. Felt terrible so Mar/25/21 reinstated 100mg quetiapine. 

100mg quetiapine 19 days (Mar/25/21 - Apr/13/21) Felt good while in quetiapine 100mg. 75mg quetiapine 55 days (Apr/14/21 - Jun/8/21) the 55th day (Jun/8/21)  felt hellish so CT'd quetiapine for a 2nd time on Jun/9/21. 

Jun/9/21 - Nov/16/21 1st days insomnia, anxiety, took cbd and felt very good many days (healed insomnia & anxiety), CT'd ginkgo which made me felt terrible so reinstated ginkgo. Started intolerable back pain (spasm) so tried other herbs along with cbd, then started derealization, panic, indecisiveness, nostalgia & others. Stopped taking cbd & herbs, reinstated quetiapine 75mg Nov/17/21, immediately after taking it, had severe heart palpitations, so Nov/18/21 back to cbd (no quetiapine). Nov/20/21 reinstated 75mg quetiapine (stopped cbd & herbs), severely couldn't breathe for 5 seconds after taking quetiapine 75mg so reduced to 50 mg on Nov/28/21 had new and worse and very severe adverse effects, got indecisive if CT or keep taking quetiapine because I was terrified of CT, but since the new severe adverse effects were very severe I CT, and because of indecisiveness and panic to CT, I reinstated again, then CT'd and reinstated many times, last time I was taking quetiapine it was 25mg and had severe TD, hellish anhedonia, suicidal, intrusive thoughts of imagining myself running into a wall and crashing into it and I was feeling the pain as if I was doing it in real life, involuntary thoughts of punching my face or head and shashing it against the wall and some times I did punch my face, and when I didn't, I also felt the pain just by imagining it, so definitive CT on Jul/15/22. 

MY BEST ADVICE: FOLLOW SA'S GUIDELINES, DON'T CT BECAUSE IT IS HORRIFIC AND BE PATIENT TO WAIT A LONG TIME TO DO VERY SLOW AND GRADUAL TAPERS IN ORDER TO GET OFF OF YOUR MEDICATIONS, IT IS WORTH IT. THE ONLY MOMENTS WHERE IS RIGHT TO CT IS AFTER YOUR 1ST CT THAT YOU DID BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE OR IMPATIENCE, IF YOU REINSTATE AND FEEL SEVERE ADVERSE EFFECTS LIKE TD, ANHEDONIA, FEEL LIKE YOU ARE DROWNING, OR THE ONE'S I HAD, IT IS BEST TO CT IN MY EXPERIENCE, BECAUSE WHEN I REINSTATED I GOT MUCH WORSE THAN WHEN I WAS IN THE PREVIOUS CT. I'm not a doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Here are a couple of SA topics.  I use google and add survivingantidepressants.org in my search term.

saliva-problems-dry-mouth-xerostomia-or-increased-salivation-drooling

swallowing-and-throat-problems

• 1 month later...

I'm weaning off gradually tramadol in drops (100mg/ml, each drops equals 2.5mg). I was doing all right in this dose: 2 drops in the morning and 3 drops at night.

I read somewhere here in SA that in order to go to the next reduction, we have to be in an emotional stable state. I was aware that when I went to the next reduction 2 days ago (last sunday, july 8th) I was not emotionally stable, and also recently on july 5th, I had a very bad side effect while trying to sleep which was breathlessness and lots of anxiety. Also I'm aware that as the dose gets smaller, I have to stay for more days in the dose. I was for 19 days in the 2 drops in the morning and 3 drops in the night dose, and the next day in which it was my 1st day in which I went to the next reduction (2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night) it took me so much more time to get asleep. I tried a 2nd day (yesterday) with this new dose, but yesterday I suffered insomnia again (it took me again a lot of time to get asleep). So I decided definitely today to go back to the previous dose (2 drops in the morning and 3 drops at night). I know that this time I have to stay for more days in this dose in order to be able to jump to the next reduction, so more days than last time, that means more than 19 days. My question is, for how many days? I just updated my signature so you can see how I've been tapering down gradually tramadol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi papaloapan,

On 7/10/2018 at 2:25 PM, papaloapan said:

I know that this time I have to stay for more days in this dose in order to be able to jump to the next reduction, so more days than last time, that means more than 19 days. My question is, for how many days? I just updated my signature so you can see how I've been tapering down gradually tramadol.

It looks like you have been managing to do some drops at around an every 2 week schedule........sometimes more than 14 days.

This really stinks.......that due to the dental procedure you got dependent on tramadol.  And now.......it's such a bear to get off.

And okay found this:  It is tramadol 100mg/ml in drops, each ml contains 100mg of tramadol hydrochloride, each ml is equivalent to 40 drops. (from your post on March 20th)

So presently with your taking 5 gtts(drops), which is = 12.5 mg of the tramadol.

This is good, as you were on 75 mg or 30 gtts at the start.  You've made progress.

Hindsight is kind of worthless........yet I wish you could have more rapidly tapered at the start.........before dependencies set in.

If I were you.........I'd consider sticking to an every 2-3 week taper schedule.  And if/when insomnia or other withdrawal symptoms set in..........consider doing some non-drug coping to deal with the symptoms, rather than upping your dose again.  You can also hold at a dose for longer if need be.  You are the best judge really as to how many days.  You may not feel completely perfect.......yet good enough to do another drop.

It might help to keep track on paper as to your dosages, and changes, and then symptoms as well..........you could use a calendar or a journal for this..........so that you can see when you usually seem to stabilize a bit after each dose drop.

We've got a whole menu indexed of different things you can try here, as far as non drug coping goes:  Important topics about symptoms-including sleep problems

Go down the list in that link and you'll find some things that may help with insomnia.

Here is another link that may help you understand a bit more and find ways to cope with withdrawal symptoms: Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Could you just summarize your other medications/drugs again for me here?  I'm having trouble reading your signature as it's so small at the moment.  Feel free to double check my math as well on your tramadol dose in milligrams(mg).  Two minds are always better than one.

Okie doke.  Try and keep us updated papa.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thank you very much for your time and caring manymoretodays, I really appreciate it. Sure, how about just copying and pasting here my signature but in a bigger size so that you can be able to read it? If it's still not clear enough, let me know so that I can make it more clear to you. Thanks a lot.

Before Nov/30/17 I took many psychiatric drugs with many psychiatrists (since 2013).

Around september 2017 I started taking these supplements: italviron (aminoacids and B6 vitamin) and sukrol (gluthamic acid, lecithin and thiamin).

Nov/30/17 started quetiapine IR (immediate release) tablets 100mg 0-0-1. 

Dec/1/17 started pristiq (desvenlafaxine) 50mg tablets 1-0-0. Added centrum performance. Then added ginko biloba 80mg tablets.

Jan/4/18 Started tapering pristiq, psychiatrist told me to alternate dosages, 1st week: first day take it, next day don’t. 2nd week: 1st day take it, 2nd & 3rd day don’t-> couldn’t sleep one whole night so I'm almost sure that next day I went back to first day take it, next day don't - pattern.

Jan/5&6/18 Instead of IR quetiapine 100mg I took quetiapine XR 300mg.

Jan/7&8/18 changed to quetiapine XR 150mg.

Jan/9/18 went back to IR quetiapine 100mg 0-0-1. (some day around here I was not able to sleep)

Jan/9/18 discontinued italviron, sukrol and centrum performance. (still was taking ginko biloba 80mg supp). 

Jan/14/18 started with one 1.5mg melatonin tablet 0-0-1 (helped me to be able to sleep), fish oil capsules 1-0-1, magnesium capsules 2-0-2.

Jan/15/18 went back to pristiq 50mg first day take it and the next day don’t (alternating dosages). 

Jan/20/18 I learned at SA that alternating dosages is wrong so I went back to one daily pristiq 50mg in the morning (along with the IR 100mg quetiapine tablet 0-0-1 which I started again in Jan/9/18) By taking daily the same dose of pristiq 50mg and 1.5mg of melatonin I was able to sleep again.

Tramadol

Mar/12/18 at night started 15 drops of tramadol. 

March 13 to march 19: 15 drops twice a day (in the morning and at night). 

March 20: morning 15 drops, night 12 drops. 

March 21: morning 12 drops,  night 10 drops. 

March 22:  morning 12 drops,  night 12 drops. 

March 23: morning 12 drops,  night 12 drops.

March 24 morning 9 drops, night 9 drops.

March 25: morning 6 drops, night 6 drops.

March 26: morning 9 drops, night 9 drops.

March 27: morning 9 drops, night 9 drops. 

March 28: morning 6 drops, night 6 drops.

March 29: morning 6 drops, night 6 drops. 

March 30: morning 4 drops, night 4 drops. 

March 31: morning 4 drops, night 4 drops (felt terrible).

April 1st-April 5th: morning 6, night 6. 

April 6th - April 10th: morning 5, night 5. 

April 11: morning 4 night 4 (felt terrible). 

April 12- April 18 (7 days): morning 5, night 5. 

April 19th morning 4 night 4 (felt terrible). 

April 20th - May 3rd (14 days): morning 4, night 5.

May 4th - May 18 (15 days): morning 4, night 4.

May 19- June 1st (14 days): morning 3, night 4.

June 2nd - June 18 (17 days): morning 3, night 3. (june 13 severe depression)

June 19 - July 7th (19 days): morning 2, night 3 (June 25th extreme depression and July 5th felt breathlessness and huge anxiety while trying to sleep).

July 8 - July 9: morning 2, night 2 (took me much more time to get asleep both days). 

July 10th: back to morning 2, night 3.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay.  Thanks.  Got it.

Current medications are:

Pristiq 50 mg

Quetiapine 100 mg

Tramadol current dose is 12.5 mg

Other:

melatonin, fish oil, magnesium

Did you come off the Ginko Bulba?

If you can........now that we've got all that summarized in your post above..........try and do a more abbreviated signature.  It will really help us to help you when you post again.  Include some dates as well, especially with your current medications.  Symptoms along the way can go right here on your main intro/journal page.

I'll re-post the link to signature for you to refer to paploapan:

signature

Please keep us updated.  Hopefully another try on the tramadol taper in another week or so?

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I didn't come off the gingko biloba. I'm still taking one daily gingko biloba capsule.

I just abbreviated my signature right now and I can't abbreviate it more than how is right now, I really tried to abbreviate it as much as possible. Thank you so much for your time and caring manymoretodays.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I continued to wean off gradually tramadol succesfully until this week. So from june 2nd to june 18th (17 days) I took 3 drops in the morning and 3 drops at night. From june 19th to july 7th (19 days) I took 2 drops in the morning and 3 at night. July 8 and july 9 I took 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night but both days at night it took me A LOT of time to fall asleep so I had to go back to 2 drops in the morning and 3 drops at night from july 10 to august 6 (28 days).

Then 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night from august 7 to september 3 (28 days). Then 1 drop in the morning and 2 drops at night I planned it for 28 days BUT since september 10th (4 days ago) till today I started having an extremely intensely debilitating withdrawal effect: way too intense intrusive, involuntary and incessant thoughts that won't let me have even a single second of silence in my head the whole day, therefore I can't meditate which was helping me a lot. Yesterday I really felt so bad because of this annoying thoughts that I'm no longer able to handle it, it is no longer tolerable, and this caused me a second and a third adverse effect these last 5 days: intense irritability and I can't get up from bed the moment my wake up alarm sounds in the morning, I feel so much tired, so I'm getting up from bed late.

So I'm 99% sure that today I'm getting back to 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night but now it will be a longer hold: 5 weeks (35 days), because when I was in the last dose (2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night) I was feeling good and I was able to meditate. 

Each drop is 2.5mg of tramadol. I talked via direct/private message of SA (inbox) with mammaP for asking her which is the best form of tramadol to taper and she told me that the one I'm using (drops diluted in water) is the best way. Of course I'm still taking daily one 50mg pristiq tablet in the morning, one IR 100mg quetiapine tablet at night, the 1.5mg melatonin tablet at night, and the supplements: one fish oil capsule in the morning and one at night, 2 magnesium capsules in the morning and 2 at night, 1 ginko biloba capsule in the morning and one "neurovit" capsule in the morning (neurovit contains vitamin B1, B2, B6, B12, glutamic acid, HCI lysine, sodium glycerophosphate, nicotinamide, calcium pantothenate and folic acid). These last 5 days have been hell for me, I've been crying every night because of the terrible situation and because I was not able to meditate. This is a nightmare. I just updated the whole tramadol tapering in my signature. Obviously this caused me to feel more hopelessness than ever. I appreciate so much your time and caring for reading me.

• Administrator

papaloapan, don't blame yourself. Sometimes you need to rest before the last stretch.

You're doing the right thing in updosing a bit. You'll be able to go off by tiny amounts later.

Can you get an oral syringe that measures 0.5mL or 1mL? That will enable you to make smaller drops. Veterinarians might have them, to treat baby animals.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you so much Altostrata. The tramadol that I am taking right now is a generic. In my pharmacy there is only this generic and one patent version. I didn't convert into the patent version because I thought that my body already got used to the generic. So I have always used the generic. I know that generics can be low quality/sloppy. So should I convert to the patent version? Or should I keep taking the same generic?

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, papaloapan said:

Thank you so much Altostrata. The tramadol that I am taking right now is a generic. In my pharmacy there is only this generic and one patent version. I didn't convert into the patent version because I thought that my body already got used to the generic. So I have always used the generic. I know that generics can be low quality/sloppy. So should I convert to the patent version? Or should I keep taking the same generic?

Hi p,

We generally recommend sticking with whatever formulation you've been taking. If you've been taking generic, probably best to stick with generic. For some reason, people can have trouble switching formulations.

You've been doing great with your taper! This requires a lot of diligence and patience and I see you're showing those! : )

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Thank you so much SkyBlue. So the last reduction of tramadol I tried to do, wasn't successful which was from 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night to 1 drop in the morning and 2 drops at night (25% drop in 28 days). And the last reduction I did successfully was from 2 drops in the morning and 3 drops at night (28 days) to 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night (20% drop in 28 days). So in order to make a smaller drop/reduction, I will have to make a reduction of half a drop of tramadol, which would be from 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops at night to 1.5 (one and a half) drops in the morning and 2 drops at night (a 12.5% reduction also in 28 days).

In order to obtain half of a drop of tramadol I was thinking in putting in one glass 400ml of water, and here to put one drop of tramadol. I observed how the drop dilutes in the water and suddenly the drop disappears, but I'm not sure if the drop really dissolves evenly into the whole 400ml of water, or should I stir it with a spoon? Should I contact the manufacturer of the tramadol that I take to ask if the drop dilutes/dissolves evenly in the whole 400ml of water? And after that, I pour half of the water (200ml) of this glass into another glass. So if the tramadol really dillutes/dissolves evenly in the whole 400ml of water, I would have half of a drop of tramadol in one glass and half of a drop of tramadol in the other glass (200ml of water in each glass). I noticed 2 problems in this "experimentent": one is that when I pour half of the water to the other glass, a bit of water falls/leaks from the glass I'm pouring out water through the outer part of the same glass I'm pouring, so I would need a special glass/jar/container that doesn't leak water when pouring water to the other container/glass. The second is that if I stir with a spoon, some drops of water get attached to the spoon. 

Altostrata: I read the whole topic of "Using a syringe and other tapering techniques" but I don't know how to use the 0.5ml or 1ml syringe in order to get half of a drop of tramadol. Can you please tell me how? Or should I use the method of 400ml of water divided in two glasses I described above? Also, in my pharmacy the 0.5ml and 1ml syringe, their needles can not be removed, so is it ok to use the syringe with the needle? Or is the only way to use the syringe is without the needle?

I leave you here the link of a youtube video I made so that you can clearly see the small hole from which drops come out of the tramadol bottle when I turn the bottle upside down, each drop contains 2.5mg of tramadol. 

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I read in the back of the container of the 40mg ginkgo biloba supplement I was taking daily in the morning, it says it's interactions, and it says that if a person takes the ginkgo biloba with buspirone, trazadone or fluoxetine that it can produce adverse effects such as irritability, hyperactivity, nervousness, excitement among others. It says that the 40mg of ginkgo biloba is equivalent to no not less than 8.8mg and no more than 10.8mg of flavonol glycosides and not less than 2.16mg and no more than 4.8 mg of terpene lactones.

Also I noticed that the other supplement I was also taking daily in the morning called "neurovit", was a big mistake taking it because it says that it is an extra strong supplement and it contains 10 ingredients: vitamin B1 4.5mg, vitamin B2 3mg, vitamin B6 6mg, vitamin B12 300 mcg, glutamic acid 200mg, HCL lysine 150mg, sodium glycerophosphate 112mg, nicotinamide 30mg, calcium pantothenate 6mg and folic acid 350 mcg.

So today I decided to stop taking both cold turkey and today in the afternoon while I was trying to meditate, I felt the heart palpitations MUCH MORE intense and hellish, and I felt an EXTREME, HELLISH and not tolerable anxiety :(

Also my nervous system right now is adjusting to the last reduction I made of tramadol. The good thing is that I've been doing good with the tramadol reduction. Right now I'm updating my signature so you can see the last reductions.

So I don't know if tomorrow I should return back to taking again daily both the 40mg ginkgo biloba supp and the neurovit supp or only the neurovit? Should I wean off gradually both the ginkgo biloba and the neurovit? What a hell. I feel that my whole freedom was taken away from me.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's better to only make one change at a time:  Keep it Simple, Slow and Stable

Hola Paploapan, it seems that we live in the same city. Cuando estás en estado de withdrawal, cualquier cambio en los suplementos que estás tomandopuede ser muy comprometedor para tu sistema nervioso y como los médicos a los que fuiste te estuvieron cambiando a tontas y a locas tanto medicamento, tu pobre sistema está en un grito. No entiendo en qué están pensando los doctores???!!! y me enoja muchísimo.  Yo misma no sabría qué hacer, si continuar tomando los suplementos o dejarlos. Espero que en un momento un moderador más experimentado te conteste. No estás solo, acá estamos acompañándote.

The ginkgo has a direct effect on how your body memetabolizes the various drugs you're taking.  By CTing the ginkgo you are in effect increasing the dosages of everything else.  This would mean that the ginkgo needs to be tapered carefully so it won't destabilize your system.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot CC and brassmonkey. Sure CC, I tell you how I’m doing and thanks for your caring.

Fortunately my brain and body were able to taper from 1 drop of tramadol in the morning and 2 drops at night (I was on that dose for 50 days) to 1 drop in the morning and 1 at night. 

So I’m glad that I don’t have to taper by 10% of the last dose because if not it would take for so, so long to get off tramadol, but of course, as you can see in my signature, I do longer holds every reduction and I’m doing fine.

Just had the opportunity to go 4 days (from last thursday till today) to the beach and because of my problem of breathing through the nose (a type of rhinitis that causes my nostrils to get clogged with mucus which causes me to not be able to breathe through my nose) for which a doctor has helped me a lot with a nasal spray, unfortunately 2 nights my nose got clogged maybe because of the a/c of the hotel room which caused me to had a terrible sleep, therefore I’ll hold 2 more days. Good thing is that where I live I can sleep good every night without the nostrils problem. 

Also yesterday for dinner I had fatty-buttery pasta and had a severe discussion with my family which made me very angry so today I have stomach ache.

But as far as for the psychiatric withdrawal, I’m doing fine, I can sleep well, do exercise, go out with friends. I feel decent/stable and almost ready to go back to my job. The only adverse effects that are disturbing are the ear worms, the intrusive, involuntary and repetitive thoughts for which I read already the SA topics, and these cause me to have a terrible focus/concentration.

Being with people with which I have a good relationship really helps to feel good and to decrease the intensity of all the adverse effects.

Edited by ChessieCat
added space

• 4 weeks later...

In my tapering of tramadol, I was for 14 days in the 4-0-5 dosage, meaning 4 drops of tramadol in the morning, 0 drops in the afternoon and 5 drops at night. (Each drop equals= 2.5mg of tramadol)

14 days in the 4-0-5 dosage  22.5mg  felt good

15 days in the 4-0-4 dosage  20mg  felt good

14 days in the 3-0-4 dosage  17.5mg  felt good

17 days in the 3-0-3 dosage  15mg  felt good

I felt bad holding 19 days in the 2-0-3 dosage  12.5mg

28 days in the 2-0-3 dosage  12.5mg  felt good, I could have hold less than 28 days but of course more than 17 days

I felt bad holding 28 days in the 2-0-2 dosage 

35 days in the 2-0-2 dosage 10mg  felt good

Note: I'm not willing to do smaller cuts. I am only willing to do longer holds. Meaning that I'll keep reducing by one drop.

So my question is: For how many days I have to hold for the 1-0-2 (7.5mg) dosage?

I read somewhere in SA that if you keep the same size of cut/drop, (for example, I that every drop is of one drop or 2.5mg) that every next reduction you have to add 7 more days. Is this right? So for the 1-0-2 (7.5mg) should I hold for 42 days? Or for how many days? Thank you.

PS I searched for the answer in the major SA topics but I couldn't find it. 

I know that I'm the best judge to know how many days should I hold for each cut. I decided this: since the last successful cut was from 28 days to 35 days (28 being the 100%) then it was a 125% increase because 35 is the 125% of 28. So I decided that for every cut, I do a 125% increase of the number of days. Which is this:

2-0-2 dosage (10mg)  35 days

1-0-2 dosage (7.5mg) 44 days....44 is 125% of 35  (current dosage)

1-0-1 dosage (5mg)    55 days....55 is 125% of 44

0-0-1 dosage (2.5mg) 69 days....69 is 125% of 55

0-0-0

Problem was, as you can see in my signature, when I started on Oct/19/18 the 1-0-2 dosage, on the 30th day (Nov/17/18) I didn't take the supplements neurovit and ginko biloba and I felt very bad that day, so the next day (Nov/18/18) I started taking again neurovit and ginko, but for my nervous system, the day I started taking again neurovit and ginko, was again like the 1st day of the 1-0-2 dosage, and in Dec/7/18 I dropped to the 1-0-1 dosage the total of days being in 1-0-2 was 49 days, but it wasn't really 49 days because on Nov/17/18 I didn't take neurovit and ginko, therefore I was on 1-0-2 dosage for 30 days, then I didn't take neurovit and ginko, next day started taking neurovit and ginko and then it was 19 days of being in the 1-0-2 dosage till I dropped to 1-0-1 dosage on Dec/7/18.

And the last day of being in the 1-0-2 dosage, right before dropping to 1-0-1, was the 19th day of being in 1-0-2 and I felt a hellish anxiety that lasted for 15 minutes. 

That is why being in the 1-0-1 dosage the last days of January I felt very bad and I decided on Jan/30/19 to go back to 1-0-2 dosage.

But yesterday (Feb/1/19) doing exercise I felt very tired (normally I don't feel tired) and when I went to bed I felt hell (hellish breathlessness and a weird intense hellish feeling), and this is because my body got used already to the 1-0-1 dosage and getting back to 1-0-2 made me feel this hell of last night.

At the end I was able to sleep but it took longer. Today I feel good. So now I've been in the 1-0-2 dosage for 3 and a half days.

On the 1-0-2 dosage I was feeling good.

And on the 1-0-1 dosage for 44 days in a row I felt good. Then the last 10 days (in a row) of being in the 1-0-1 dosage I felt very bad. So now I'm sure of today going back to the 1-0-1 dosage and holding now for 55 days. Problem solved.

Any comments, suggestions are very welcomed.

• Administrator
22 hours ago, papaloapan said:

I read somewhere in SA that if you keep the same size of cut/drop, (for example, I that every drop is of one drop or 2.5mg) that every next reduction you have to add 7 more days. Is this right? So for the 1-0-2 (7.5mg) should I hold for 42 days? Or for how many days? Thank you.

This is not something we say here at SA. You must have seen this somewhere else.

We suggest making reductions of 10% every 4-6 weeks.

How many milligrams of tramadol are you taking each day now?

33 minutes ago, papaloapan said:

On the 1-0-2 dosage I was feeling good.

And on the 1-0-1 dosage for 44 days in a row I felt good. Then the last 10 days (in a row) of being in the 1-0-1 dosage I felt very bad. So now I'm sure of today going back to the 1-0-1 dosage and holding now for 55 days. Problem solved.

Did you make a change 10 days ago? In what ways do you feel bad?

Look on your bottle of tramadol liquid. Has it gotten old? The drug might have deteriorated. You may need a new bottle.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to papaloapan: how to detox from psychiatric drugs and eliminate side effects?
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 3:20 PM, Altostrata said:

I read somewhere in SA that if you keep the same size of cut/drop, (for example, I that every drop is of one drop or 2.5mg) that every next reduction you have to add 7 more days.

I didn't write that right. I meant, for example, If I successfully reduced by 10% every 4 weeks for several times, and then in one drop I feel very bad for more than 7 days which makes me to updose (go back to the last dose), if 4 weeks was not enough, how many days do I have to add now?

How many milligrams of tramadol are you taking each day now?

5mg which is 1 drop in the morning and 1 drop at night and I'm feeling good (decent/stable).

Did you make a change 10 days ago?

Yes. Thanks a lot Alto, this is the key question. I made 2 changes the last 10 days of january, which made me feel very bad: On the 1st sunday I decided to eat, once a week, at lunch, beef. But beef on itself was not the problem, the problem was that I overindulged in food, meaning that aside of eating beef, I ate in big quantities other stuff, like the soup, and other things that were not the beef. This was what caused me to feel very bad that day and the rest of the week.

Then the 2nd sunday, also at lunch, I also ate beef but this time beef also was not the problem, the problem was that I ate also a little more than the normal-healthy quantity, another problem was that I combined lots of types of food: pizza, sushi, beef, spaguetti, chicken, salad and rice. Here's another problem: pizza is refined carb, which causes the sugar levels on blood to change rapidly and go very high which damages the nervous system, also the 2nd sunday another problem was that I ate a big quantity of dessert, which has lots of sugar which damages the nervous system and this is why I felt bad again that 2nd sunday and the whole next week. 

Good news is that when I updosed (went back to the 1-0-2 dose which is 7.5mg) the 3rd day of being again/back to the 1-0-2 dose, at night I felt HORRIBLE, very intense breathlessness and a horrible feeling, which meant that my body had already adapt to the 1-0-1 dose which is 5mg. So now I'm at the 1-0-1 dose, and I'm feeling stable/decent. This time I'm holding for more days, for 55 days. 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, papaloapan said:

Hi freespirit123, can you please tell me how did you taper off seroquel?

I've moved your question to papaloapan's Intro topic so that she will see it.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:23 AM, ChessieCat said:
On 4/11/2019 at 6:17 PM, papaloapan said:

Hi freespirit123, can you please tell me how did you taper off seroquel?

I've moved your question to papaloapan's Intro topic so that she will see it.

Thanks CC but I think the right thing is to keep my question at the "Tips for tapering Seroquel  (quetiapine)" thread because right now I'm tapering tramadol, then I'll taper pristiq and at last I'm tapering quetiapine, so my question was really specifically for tapering seroquel and the answer of freespirit will benefit everybody that wants to taper seroquel. My question should be: "Hi freespirit123, can you please tell US (instead of me) how did you taper off seroquel?" Please erase the "lithium" tag of my Intro and replace it with "tramadol", that'll be helpful for others that are tapering tramadol, they can see how I've been tapering it successfully 

Since a long time ago I've been waking up from bed late, at around 10am and I was taking pristiq at 12pm (noon).

My biggest adverse effect since long time ago has been severe and very annoying fatigue which is active from the moment I wake up till around 2pm.

On april 13th and on april 14th I woke up from bed at 8:30am and took pristiq at 10:40 am and miraculously in these 2 days I felt very good, actually they were the only 2 days that I had very good energy, that I had no severe fatigue at all and that  I felt very good.

And 4 days ago (April 15- April 18) I started waking up at 7:30am and taking pristiq at 10:20am because I want to start to condition my body to wake up earlier for when I'm ready to get back to work, I'll need to wake up at 7:30am to be able to arrive at time to work. Fortunately I don't have to worry for making money for covering basic needs because my mother understands the severe disability that psych meds have caused me, I haven't been able to work due to the adverse effect of severe fatigue.

So because of these big changes, of waking up earlier and taking pristiq earlier, on april 15 in the morning I felt very tired but not hellish,  on April 16 the fatigue was hellish, on april 17 the fatigue was less hellish and today April 18 I guess that my body felt the change, because today I felt a SUPER HELLISH fatigue but much more intense and much more hellish, this incredibly hellish fatigue lasted the majority of time between waking up from bed till 3pm. It was SO BAD that I can't stand another day like this.

Should I keep waking up at 7:30am and taking pristiq at 10:20am? And maybe at the 7th day my body will adapt and that day I'll start feeling good/better?

I don't want to go back to waking up late at 10am.

Or maybe should I wake up from bed at 8:30am and take pristiq at 10:40am (as I did on April 13th and 14th in which both days I felt very good) for some time (for how long?), and after some time then I can start waking up at 7:30am and taking pristiq at 10:20am? 

My intuition told me that it is healthier for my body to take pristiq earlier, at 10:20am (I finish having breakfast at 10am), than taking it late at 12pm (noon) as I was doing before. Am I correct on that it is healthier to take pristiq earlier? I was doing fine till today. 

I'm sure the tramadol drop I did from 1 drop in the morning and 1 drop at night to 0 drops in the morning and 1 drop at night didn't affect me because the day before I started waking up at 7:30am it was the day number 15 of the new dose of tramadol and all the 15 days I felt good.

Other changes I did recently along with waking up earlier and taking pristiq earlier, are: taking the night meds earlier which are quetiapine, tramadol and melatonin (I take them right before going to bed). Also I'm going to bed earlier, I'm having breakfast earlier, I'm having lunch earlier and having dinner earlier. 

Good news: yesterday (friday, april 19th) I woke up from bed at 7:54 am and I felt good the entire day (the night before I went to bed at 11:54 pm, I always lie in bed 8 hours), I had good and enough energy. Today saturday, april 20th I woke up at 9:19am (because yesterday I went out with friends and I went to bed at 1:19 am) and today I felt decent.  :)  Guess my body is adapting 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi papaloapan,

Thanks for your message. I don’t remember much off my taper because I didn’t keep notes. I tapered too quick at times. I see it will be a while before you start tapering the Seroquel, as you’re tapering other things first. 

When you eventually taper the Seroquel let me know and I’ll help you formulate a plan then. 

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Thanks a lot Carmie. Continuing with my energy levels because of changes on getting up earlier, taking meds earlier and doing everything earlier, on sunday april 21st I woke up from bed at 7:49 am and I felt again the hellish fatigue since waking up till 3pm, surely because the day before (saturday april 20th) I woke up late (9:19am). And I know I have to be consistent on the time on waking up daily.

Today april 22nd I woke up at 7:43 am and right now it is 2:30pm and I'm feeling extremely tired, it feels horrible, I'm not able to do anything.

So my body hasn't adapted yet to doing everything earlier.

I decided for now on instead of waking up at 7:30am, I'm going to wake up at 8:00 am. Because today the extreme fatigue was hellish again and I can't stand it no more. Maybe the correct thing is doing also a gradual and slow change of getting up earlier from bed and doing everything earlier. 

• 5 months later...

At what time should I take pristiq (desvenlafaxine) 50mg? Since the beginning of taking it (december 2017) I have taken it in the morning at 11am. I wake up at 7:30am

I've been taking for a long time the ginko biloba supplement and the neurovit supplement in the morning with my breakfast (neurovit has glutamic acid 200mg, HCL lysine 150mg, sodium glycerophosphate 112mg & nicotinamide 30mg).

I take omega 3 fish oil supplement and magnesium supplement 2 times a day: in the morning and at night. In the morning I take them with breakfast and at night I take them with dinner because a nutritionist told me that supplements are better absorbed by the body when taken at the same time with meals. 

At what time should I take the supplements mentioned above?

At what time should I take quetiapine 100mg? Since the beginning of taking it (december 2017) I have taken it right before going to bed. I go to bed at 11:30pm.

At what time should I take melatonin? Since the beggining of taking it, long time ago, I have taken it right before going to bed.

At what time should I take the drop of tramadol? I have left only one drop of tramadol which I have taken for months right before going to bed.

And where in SA can I find these answers? So that next time I can search them and find them by myself rather than asking them on my Introduction and update.

Thank you so much 🙏

By the way, I have breakfast from 9:30am to 10:00am and I have dinner from 9:00pm to 9:30pm