SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Dream recall issues in withdrawal?

greyed

Does anyone else in withdrawal have little to no dream recall? In my case, I stopped Citalopram abruptly after a month, a couple months ago. I no longer remember dreams as soon as I wake up. I have to think, then maybe I will remember fragments of them. I'm taking this hard because prior to antidepressants, my recall was great and I had an interest in pursuing lucid dreams. I've tried B-6 supplements and eating kiwis, with limited success. I'm worrying if this will not resolve with time.

2020 July 28 - August 9: 15 mg Mirtazapine

Quit cold turkey. Experienced tiny brain zaps, dulled emotions, insomnia.

2020 September 2 - 4: reinstated with 7.5 mg Mirtazapine

2020 September 4 - 12: went back to 15 mg Mirtazapine

2020 September 13 - present: reduced to 7.5 mg Mirtazapine

I have no dream recall at all and may not dream since gabapentin.

many years ago given sinequan for depression bad reaction so tiny dose of meleril to balance... quit after a year or so c/t

years pass no drugs

reg doc had me try all of the  a/d bc of upset due to divorce.  couldn't handle any.  took klonopin to sleep .5 mg  2003

taper klonopin

hooked on tramadol accidentally. 2006-2008 husband had migraines and took them like candy. so i became dependent too.  c/t  2008

diagnosis of porphyria after years of symptoms,  then toxic event made me really ill.

gabapentin 300mg every 3 hours , 6x day.

propranolol   180 mg  6x / day

since 2012

clonazepam prescribed as 1 mg / day  but beginning to take more to deal with withdrawals and sleeplessness

im the opisite ,i have realy lucid and vivid dreams and recall ,sometimes i wake and a couple of seconds i realise its only a dream,the nightmares arent nice .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I rarely ever remember my dreams, even before antidepressants. I think it just means you're not waking up during a REM cycle. 

I think there are phone apps that can track your sleep cycles to see if you're sleeping okay if you wanted to check your sleep quality and see what your brainwaves are doing. My aunt used to use one. Sleep issues can be common in withdrawal so good sleep hygiene and balancing your circadian rhythm/light exposure can be useful to improve sleep. 

2010: Adverse reaction to citalopram/suicidal.

2010-2014: Venlafaxine doses 75-150-300. Began to cause heart palpitations.

2014: Adverse side effects from Sertraline

2014: Adverse reaction to Mirtazipine/suicidal. CT withdrawal. 

2014: Accute adverse reaction to one prozac pill. Body & brain went on fire. Full WD

2015: Half dose of Lorazepam restarted all the WD symptoms. 

2017: Bad reaction to stopping propranolol beta blockers. Violent shaking WD again.
2023: Severe adrenaline surges triggered by low frequency sound/vibration next door. Heart rate going dangerously high so now 25mg atenolol.

Current Supplements: Omega 3 & Vitamin C, magnesium. 
Current other medications: Metformin (type ii diabetic), Lymecycline (for rosacea), Atenolol 25mg. 

I rarely ever remember my dreams, even before antidepressants. I think it just means you're not waking up during a REM cycle. 

I think there are phone apps that can track your sleep cycles to see if you're sleeping okay if you wanted to check your sleep quality and see what your brainwaves are doing. My aunt used to use one. Sleep issues can be common in withdrawal so good sleep hygiene and balancing your circadian rhythm/light exposure can be useful to improve sleep. 

I need to pay more attention to my light exposure at night ,sleep app looks interesting I must check it thanks .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

I have quite the opposite.

I have terrifying nightmares which occur once every one to two weeks. When I wake up from one, I feel these sick, disturbing strong feelings. Otherwise, the dreams are vivid and strange. Sometimes, I dream something that feels so real I jump up from sleep and run around looking for whatever was in the dream. Usually it's a giant bug or something and I have trouble distinguishing whether or not it was real or in the dream. I was getting sleep paralysis and brain shocks every night while falling asleep, but they have become less frequent.

Thank you for this topic.

(Took Respiradone, Strattera, Celexa, Lexapro, and Pristiq prior to these.)

These were all taken over the course of approximately 10 years

10/7/15 - Fluvoxamine Maleate 100 MG

7/26/16 - Amphetamine Salts 10 MG

10/5/16 - Olanzapine-Fluoxetine 6-25 MG

11/1/16 - Olanzapine 2.5 MG AND Fluoxetine HCL 10 MG

11/08/16 - Amantadine 100 MG AND Aripiprazole 5 MG

11/22/16 - Trazodone 50 MG

12/1/16 - Aripiprazole 5 MG *LAST DOSE - COLD-TURKEYED*

• 1 year later...

I didn't have dream recall at all for the first year or so. I now remember fragments occasionally. Prior to this wd, I had lucid dreams very frequently.

2006 unknown antidepressant taken for a few weeks

2008 Paxil

2009 Stopped Paxil started Prozac 60mg and Buspar 10mg

2012 May quit Buspar June tapered Prozac to 40mg

2016 June 1-July31 tapered down from 40mg Prozac to 0

• 2 years later...

@Pearlsky @powerback how are your vivid dreams ? I hate this vivid dreams . please help me. It makes me feel exhausted.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy