Altostrata

Recommended doctors, therapists, and clinics

arwilliams

If you can edit the post Daniel Johnson, MD, Asheville, North Carolina currently works in Forest City,  NC and is in patient only according to the office (828) 248-1117.  I tracked down where he works and was rather disappointed.  They would not give me his personal phone number.  Most in the South East are not accepting patients currently which I called unfortunately but I know this may change for others. 

SkyBlue

This is an online doctor site that might be an option for refills (probably not tapering advice, etc):

https://www.doctorondemand.com has an initial online visit w/psychiatry for $229 which is (sadly) not a bad deal. 

I do not have experience with it. Please let us know if you try it and whether you would recommend. I'm thinking it could be an option for refills if someone has exhausted other options/providers. 

Dabhob33
40 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

This is an online doctor site that might be an option for refills (probably not tapering advice, etc):

https://www.doctorondemand.com has an initial online visit w/psychiatry for $229 which is (sadly) not a bad deal. 

I do not have experience with it. Please let us know if you try it and whether you would recommend. I'm thinking it could be an option for refills if someone has exhausted other options/providers. 

Unfortunately it doesn’t help with benzo taper.   They don’t rx conttolled substances.  

SkyBlue
31 minutes ago, Dabhob33 said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t help with benzo taper.   They don’t rx conttolled substances.  

No. Nowhere online is likely to prescribe benzos.

Rabe

and theres a kicker too..when you have a doctor who is prescribing things for you there is a fear of losing that if you dare deviate from advice because some just say no....then where are you?  Its all so messed up and sad...