SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ rupa: Risperdal / risperidone victim

On 7/23/2020 at 11:20 PM, Glosmom said:

Hi @rupa ! So good to hear from you.   Also wonderful to hear that you are sleeping well, your blood pressure is good and you didn't have to take any medicine for it!!  So happy you are doing well, even during this crazy COVID 19 time.   Do you have any links to your artwork or pictures?  If you do and you don't want to share on here, please share with me via direct message. I would love to see your work!

Glo is hanging in there and doing a bit better. She still has quite a ways to go to get back to her 'normal' self. But the good news is, she is improving every month.  I hope to be able to post soon on progress she is making. 

Again so good to hear from you!!  Take care, friend! Glosmom

Wow! What a great word The FRIEND is,Glo's mom.

I am honoured.

Great to know about how Miss Glo is doing.

I would like to share my art work with you and  here,once they approve ,that I can use it for personal platforms.

Nevertheless I would send the prolog on the art which my daughter has written.

I am glad for your interest.

Along with art,I would like to start an youtube channel,where I want to make it an useful information platform for children.

I have noticed ,if I take multi vitamin at nights ,mind is on more REM sleep and even shown an emotion out via low module "hmmmm "kind of painful sound.

Once my daughter kept her hand on my forehead,went back into sleep.

Thus night time taking warm milk with half a teaspoon turmeric ,or curds mixed with water helping to get deep sleep.

Diet plays vital role.

Hope this helps to Glo, to get some sound sleep.

I wish you all take good care and stay happy and peaceful.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post about covid to the covid topic:  coronavirus-covid-and-psychiatric-drug-tapering-withdrawal

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

On 7/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, ChessieCat said:

I've moved your post about covid to the covid topic:  coronavirus-covid-and-psychiatric-drug-tapering-withdrawal

Thank you.

Incredible courageous signature.

Awaiting for your zero mark along with you.

Much regards from India.

Proud to know you.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• 1 month later...

God! 

My signature seems simple comparatively.

Look at the hard ships I am still under going!

This so called med left every lobe of my brain ,eventually,thought the scene over!

No.

After the head,Got back pain revoked,then it shown fake BP,Then showed chest area muzzles sensitivity,Now its going on at neck and chin area weakness,like some muzzle weakness but no MRI could find the fault in the areas.

Nevertheless,with time all troubles subsiding eventually.

Predicting,Next, eyes area may or maynot feel sensitive,the core of the skull would definately would show some drama,before evaporating the past and all this life altering experience in to the air.

So,I have to rewrite my signatures last line,that,Not 2020- it's 2021.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Rupa!  So nice to hear from you; however, I am very sorry to hear that you are continuing to suffer a cycle of physical withdrawal symptoms. :(  It is a amazing how even one drug can cause all those withdrawal symptoms. Yet there are so many others that have healed, or are on their journey to healing, from being on more than one.  It takes courage but thankfully the healing continues to happen!  I know I remind myself for Glo's sake about the article I included below.  At 2 years out, the difference between those on and off meds is slightly different but at 4 1/2 years out, those off meds do much better.   So every month and year out from stopping the medication means better and better healing for you, Rupa!   Wishing you many blessings always, Glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

On 9/12/2020 at 1:34 AM, Glosmom said:

Hi @Rupa!  So nice to hear from you; however, I am very sorry to hear that you are continuing to suffer a cycle of physical withdrawal symptoms. :(  It is a amazing how even one drug can cause all those withdrawal symptoms. Yet there are so many others that have healed, or are on their journey to healing, from being on more than one.  It takes courage but thankfully the healing continues to happen!  I know I remind myself for Glo's sake about the article I included below.  At 2 years out, the difference between those on and off meds is slightly different but at 4 1/2 years out, those off meds do much better.   So every month and year out from stopping the medication means better and better healing for you, Rupa!   Wishing you many blessings always, Glosmom

Wow.

This neck thing lasted 3 days.

Right side of where we tie Bow area.

There were swelled glands of 3.

Each day one by one got normal.

Today there is no sign of pain or swell,as if nothing happened.

From past couple of months I am working on online selling and establishing an youtube channel .

Yesterday I have started a new topic to my channel,which will not air untill I reach the goal.

Which would be ,reaching ideal body weight using elliptical exercise.

Let us see how many weeks it takes.

What I mean to say,Life is going smooth,by ,mind concentrating on productive work,personal care,family care,pet care,etc in balanced mode.

I am believing in turmeric mixed with milk,curds with lots of water,or curries, is reducing the painful  time of this bodily withdrawal.

Where comes to schizophrenia:

All mind (psychological)problems are due to,nothing but an individuals perspective of thought process.

Human is suppressed as a creature ,by called as a human.

When an individual tend to go against nature,due to social norms,due to  surrounding circumstances,due to near and dear lack of empathy and understanding,unrepairable traumas due to a certain perspective of an individual ,which developed by beliefs set by culture right from the childhood etc etc.

That is what I guess of all it is.

Surrendering oneself into the peace by completely erasing ego,anger  kind of futile emotions is what one should get practised from the childhood.

Life skills ,mind and body  management are nothing but a science.

Which should taught right from the childhood in every curriculum,as prevention is better than cure.

This would make future generations get rid of this so called medical innovations,(which ever works against human),atleast, to some extent.

Hope my thread would be useful to Miss Glo and other members who are at  similar experience.

Hope you are taking good care of yourself Glo's mom.

Much love and regards from India.

God Bless the United States of America and the rest of the world at this pandemic time and ever.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed whate space at bottom of post

On 9/12/2020 at 4:23 PM, rupa said:

Wow.

This neck thing lasted 3 days.

Right side of where we tie Bow area.

There were swelled glands of 3.

Each day one by one got normal.

Today there is no sign of pain or swell,as if nothing happened.

From past couple of months I am working on online selling and establishing an youtube channel .

Yesterday I have started a new topic to my channel,which will not air untill I reach the goal.

Which would be ,reaching ideal body weight using elliptical exercise.

Let us see how many weeks it takes.

What I mean to say,Life is going smooth,by ,mind concentrating on productive work,personal care,family care,pet care,etc in balanced mode.

I am believing in turmeric mixed with milk,curds with lots of water,or curries, is reducing the painful  time of this bodily withdrawal.

Where comes to schizophrenia:

All mind (psychological)problems are due to,nothing but an individuals perspective of thought process.

Human is suppressed as a creature ,by called as a human.

When an individual tend to go against nature,due to social norms,due to  surrounding circumstances,due to near and dear lack of empathy and understanding,unrepairable traumas due to a certain perspective of an individual ,which developed by beliefs set by culture right from the childhood etc etc.

That is what I guess of all it is.

Surrendering oneself into the peace by completely erasing ego,anger  kind of futile emotions is what one should get practised from the childhood.

Life skills ,mind and body  management are nothing but a science.

Which should taught right from the childhood in every curriculum,as prevention is better than cure.

This would make future generations get rid of this so called medical innovations,(which ever works against human),atleast, to some extent.

Hope my thread would be useful to Miss Glo and other members who are at  similar experience.

Hope you are taking good care of yourself Glo's mom.

Much love and regards from India.

God Bless the United States of America and the rest of the world at this pandemic time and ever.

• Sporadic goiters, in most cases, have no known cause. In some cases, certain drugs can cause this type of goiter. For example, the drug lithium, which is used to treat certain mental health conditions, as well as other medical conditions, can cause this type of goiter.
  • https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/12625-goiter
  • Above site showing only on going use of medicines cause goiter,No,I am the live example even these many months a person can suffer from gradual ,long time,step wise withdrawal,in that process,goiter can occur.
  • My neck swelling reducing ever day and getting better each day.
  • Last night I took a paracetamol to control pain at the last stage of dealing with pain.

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font size

• 3 weeks later...

You should drink  caffeine and tea because increases good mood.

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

20 hours ago, Miko789 said:

You should drink  caffeine and tea because increases good mood.

Tried to have.

Because,coffie and tea with ginger,honey,lemon ,milk,jaggery,turmeric,elaichi,etc tastes best.

But my brain rejected and so much aches after drinking.

So tried only 4 times in life.

only to confirm,my brain ache is real or not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 6:56 PM, rupa said:

LaurensOn

How are you?

I am about to taper olanzapine.

Please let me know ,if you tapered zyprexa successfully.

Thank you.

Hi @rupa, did you manage to taper completely off Zyprexa? Did you use dissolvable tablets to taper? 

Mid June 2019 to mid November 2019 - Escitalopram (Lexapro) 20mg (3 week taper - psych advise) 

Reinstated 2.5mg Lexapro 3rd Jan 2020 

Increased Lexapro dose to 5mg (0.06g) 11th Jan 2020 due to continual WD symptoms, Decreased Lexapro dose to 0.05g 7th March 2020, Decreased Lexapro dose to 0.04g 7th April 2020, Decreased Lexapro dose to 0.03g 7th May 2020

Mid June 2019 to 14 Jul 2020 - Clonazepam 0.5mg 

Pericyazine (Neulactil) 20mg 24th Jun 2020 - 12th July, down to 15mg 13th July - 19th July, down to 10mg 20th July - 26th July, reinstated 15mg Pericyazine 27 July 2020 - Accidentally took 20mg for 2 nights 5 &6/8/20, CT Pericyazine 14th Sept 2020 (Psych CT and replaced with Olanzapine) 

20mg Lexapro - 16th May 2020 - 9th Sept 2020 (Psych CT and replaced with Nortriptyline) 

10mg Diazepam - 5 Aug 2020, reduced over weeks to 7mg Tuesday 29 September, updosed to 8mg 2nd October 2020, started reducing by 0.5mg every two weeks - first reduction 12th December 2020, final dose on 18th March 2022 (off valium!)

125mg Nortriptyline - 10 Sept 2020 - Current 

5mg Olanzapine - 15th Sept 2020 - 29 Sept 2020, reduced to 2.5mg on 30 Sept 2020, back up to 5.0mg on 5th Oct 2020. Reduced to 4.750 on 9 Nov 2020, back up to 5mg Olanzapine sometime in January 2021 (current)

Supplements: beef liver, fish oil, vitamin D, zinc, iron every 2nd day

On 10/23/2020 at 12:11 PM, Nicjk said:

Hi @rupa, did you manage to taper completely off Zyprexa? Did you use dissolvable tablets to taper? 

Hi Nicjk

Yes,I have tapered 10 mg zyprexa completely 10% a month.I could not get dissolvable tablets more than a month.

So I have used normal zyprexa,soaking two hours prior to measure.

These days I am feeling,I am completely out of Zyprexa remains in my body.

Or

Only one final withdrawal remained,which I have to face ,at skull area.

If not,I would know it's finished.

My sleep 10 hours to 8 hours,deep and serene daily.

Dreams are weekly once.

Still they appear very easy like childhood dreams.No depression after a dream.

Appetite is good.

Detected thyroid cancer.

Which ,I am believing as withdrawal effect on neck area.

Using plant therapy which cured all cancers naturally in India.

After some time if still cancer detected in the tests will go for operation and thyroid gland removal.

So far not using any medicine or no sign of any decease.

Eating more plant based food.

Taking only dinner.

All day liquids only.

This method strengthened all bones of the body.

Feeling value of the joyful life.

Heart felt thanks to this our beloved site.

If not because of this forum,I would not have alive by this time.

You can find my detailed tapering years ,how my jouney went ,at my thread.

Fingers crossed for your journey ahead.

Patience and hope make us win.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rupa--I hope you are feeling ok as we continue on this journey.

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

On 11/14/2020 at 12:59 PM, arbor said:

Hi Rupa--I hope you are feeling ok as we continue on this journey.

Arbor

Yes,Death is the only solution once caught into this filthy trap innocently.

(see rupa's explanation here)

Yeah,I realised ,every persons journey is different,there is no generalised thing as hope.

Taking plant food is not easy as taking a simple tablet.

I do not see any side effect from plant food.

Same time feeling there is no hope further for guaranteed journey.

Neverthless,Got ready to face,what time throws on ,as always.

Edited by ChessieCat
added link

Rupa-- I am truly sorry that you have found yourself in this situation and hope for the best outcome with your plant based treatment.

Here at SA we take the subject of suicide very seriously and don't consider it an option but rather a permeant solution to a temporary problem. Please do not make even vailed threats about taking your own life or suggesting that it is an option for others. Suicidal ideation  is a common  WD symptom and goes away eventually and as such we allow discussions about it, but advocating suicide as a solution is not permitted.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Rupa,

The suicidal thinking has been very difficult for me.  I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing such thoughts.  I do realize that they come and go, and are part of the brain's experience of withdrawal.  My despair can feel crippling, especially at night, or in the early morning.  I'm not always a great believer in hope, but I like the idea of "suspending disbelief," or staying very centrally in whatever I can find to ground me in the here-and now.  I think your plan of using plant food is a good one.  That's the approach I've taken, so I read your posts with interest and gratitude.  Again, I sympathize with the Horror of the painful thoughts.  I want for us all to feel better.  

Arbor

PS--I'm reading more neurological studies showing that the brain can recover from injuries.  People like you help me to be patient.  I know you know how hard this is.  Thank you for being there.  (Who knows, maybe the small amount of recovery I've made is due partly to continuing to take turmeric everyday....)

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

13 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Rupa-- I am truly sorry that you have found yourself in this situation and hope for the best outcome with your plant based treatment.

Here at SA we take the subject of suicide very seriously and don't consider it an option but rather a permeant solution to a temporary problem. Please do not make even vailed threats about taking your own life or suggesting that it is an option for others. Suicidal ideation  is a common  WD symptom and goes away eventually and as such we allow discussions about it, but advocating suicide as a solution is not permitted

Oh no no....!

What I meant, until death comes naturally.

If at all I mean it, I would have mention the word.

English is not my mother tongue.

Thank you for the kind words.

Regards.

12 hours ago, arbor said:

Dear Rupa,

The suicidal thinking has been very difficult for me.  I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing such thoughts.  I do realize that they come and go, and are part of the brain's experience of withdrawal.  My despair can feel crippling, especially at night, or in the early morning.  I'm not always a great believer in hope, but I like the idea of "suspending disbelief," or staying very centrally in whatever I can find to ground me in the here-and now.  I think your plan of using plant food is a good one.  That's the approach I've taken, so I read your posts with interest and gratitude.  Again, I sympathize with the Horror of the painful thoughts.  I want for us all to feel better.  

Arbor

PS--I'm reading more neurological studies showing that the brain can recover from injuries.  People like you help me to be patient.  I know you know how hard this is.  Thank you for being there.  (Who knows, maybe the small amount of recovery I've made is due partly to continuing to take turmeric everyday....)

Wow! At present I am not facing any physical pain,nor any painful effect of brain on the body.

Today is the day.

Reading about the astoroid Apophis.

So thinking about your upcoming 2 years,

I see more recovery for you.

Once emotions and sleep comes back,you can manage life ahead  and will be alright.

Regards.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you

Thank you for clarifying Rupa. I had a feeling it was a language problem, but like I said we take that subject seriously.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 1 month later...

Rupa,

I read your threads and I really proud how brave you’re, I am struggling from antipsychotic withdrawals and wonder how did you handle the panic attacks?

- 2013-2014 zoloft 100 mg  xanax 1 mg

- 2015 prozac 40mg/ Xanax 1 mg / zopiclone 7.5

- 2016  brintellix 20mg /Pristiq 50mg / xanax 1 mg

- 2017  Cymbalta / xanax 1 mg / zopiclone 7.5 mg

- 2018 cibralex 10mg/ lexotanil 1.5/ 

- 2019 Effexor 150mg / lexotanil 1.5 

- December 2019  Concerta 36 mg/ zyban 300 mg/ lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg / quit on June 2020

- July 2020  Invega Sustenna XR 100 mg shot / lexotanil 1.5 mg  / zopiclone 7.5 mg

- October 2020 reduced the dose to 75 mg shot and Quit

i am still on lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg 

On 12/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, saeed said:

Rupa,

I read your threads and I really proud how brave you’re, I am struggling from antipsychotic withdrawals and wonder how did you handle the panic attacks?

Saeed,

I found this divine site only after suffering an year.

Once I found,it took 3 years to recover.

Rupa,

Thank you for your reply, congratulation on your recovery.

your story is inspiring one and hope to to quit my remain medication and recover soon.

Thanks wish you a happy life.

- December 2019  Concerta 36 mg/ zyban 300 mg/ lexotanil 1.5  / zopiclone 7.5 mg / quit on June 2020

- July 2020  Invega Sustenna XR 100 mg shot / lexotanil 1.5 mg  / zopiclone 7.5 mg

On 12/23/2020 at 12:54 PM, saeed said:

Rupa,

Thank you for your reply, congratulation on your recovery.

your story is inspiring one and hope to to quit my remain medication and recover soon.

Thanks wish you a happy life.

Better you do micro taper with patience of remaining meds and quit at zero.

Last doses are the key.

You are very very brave.

Come out of the meds safe.

Thank you rupa for the tips, I will make sure to taper properly.

At home my sleep is too deep every day.

Which feels like before meds and feels ok to sleep deep.

Then again ,some times ,it feels like,is it normal to sleep that deep or any over activity of sleep happening in the brain?

Is this any disorder?

Is this an adverse effect?

Nevertheless,it feels good only.

But it makes me feel fear,to get my sleep disturbed again by some one,something,by some unfortune incidents  again.

It is making me fearful.

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Rupa!!   So happy to see you post.   Sleeping well is a blessing!  Worrying about if sleep will be disrupted at some point in the future, is just that.....worry.    My sleep became very disrupted due to hormone changes of aging/menopause... which is a very normal condition.  Nothing really helped during that time except acceptance.

Although sleep is important, worrying about sleep is not.  It will ebb and flow.   Best wishes for you always, Glosmom  

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

15 hours ago, Glosmom said:

HI Rupa!!   So happy to see you post.   Sleeping well is a blessing!  Worrying about if sleep will be disrupted at some point in the future, is just that.....worry.    My sleep became very disrupted due to hormone changes of aging/menopause... which is a very normal condition.  Nothing really helped during that time except acceptance.

Although sleep is important, worrying about sleep is not.  It will ebb and flow.   Best wishes for you always, Glosmom  

Got it !

"Although sleep is important,worrying about sleep is not"

Yes.Golden words are noted and will be remembered further.

I just realised ,am obsessing about sleep ,post meds experience.

That fage finished.

I need to come out from the fear.

☺️

Thank you for letting me know  menopause symptom awareness.

As always

Utmost Regards from India South, Hyderabad.

• 1 month later...

A query for the fellow members ,or/and,moderators please:

After one year of experiencing complete lower back trouble,still all lower back bones are wierdly weak.

From 2020 February,on bed rest,still condition is worse.

Not more than two hours I could stand and walk.

vit D is sufficient,calcium also ok.

Eating mushrooms for vit D.

some times t4 high some times TSH high.

b12 was high at 2000,after 4 months reduced to 1800.

They said thyroid carcinoma,but not a single symptom by eating eggs regularly.

BP some times showing elevated, if salt reduced in food,showing no BP.

now my query is , Is this all the effect of using brain medication and coming out from them by tappering?

Does ,even proper 10% tappering too lead to side effects like this?

Shall I wait one more year to come out from brain meds effects naturally.

I am not taking any single tablet for anything.

Waiting to heal the body itself from one year.

What to do?Shall I go to hospital as, in -patient, and get thorough body check up and use relevant medication,but not brain meds?

or is this all only brain meds effect which is mentioned in my signature.

Any kind advice as help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi @rupa,

I am sorry to hear that you are having lower back issues.  It is really hard to say what may or may not be causing it.  I do believe it is entirely possible for withdrawal symptoms (or at least window and wave symptoms) to show up at 2 years.  Every part of our bodies are impacted by these neurotoxic drugs.  And the body cycles through getting all of its systems back in order.  So you can go awhile feeling great, and then have a time where you don't feel as great.  However, it is also possible that it might not be withdrawals. So we would never want to give out medical advice; and encourage you to talk with your doctor to see if there are some diagnostic tests that might assist in finding the route cause.  If everything shows up normal, then you might feel better in knowing it could be residual withdrawal.

I hope you continue to feel better and enjoy life!!  Thinking of you!! Glosmom

@Glosmom

Bravo strong Lady!

Dear,

You are right,one day My back aches,one day completely stable.My MRI shows every thing perfect,no reason to find back ache.

B12 levels reducing through natural remedies.

So I am decided to wait and see,to naturally bring down B12 levels to diagnose normal thyroid and blood pressure function all with natural remedies,which are practically working.

My sleep is good if I maintain 9pm early to bed early to rise ,rule.

If I get late to bed like 11 pm or 1 am,that night no proper sleep until the morning.

So,I hope this point helps for Miss  Gloria's better sleep and better  over all health as well.

How is momma doing,hope her injuries healed.

What is the outcome of your respective son's home painting work.

Hope it's done beautiful.

Did you ever mention,what circumstances made Gloria use risperidon at this young age?

What is Miss Gloria's educational qualifications.

I wonder,appreciate your help to others as a moderator at this divine site.

All by, being occupied with your responsibilities, at the home.

I appreciate very much.

I felt very glad that Gloria's smile and laugh came back.

That's the marking point everything comes back for better living with livelyness.

Livelyness is the key to the Life.

I have started watching all the movies I missed in these 7 years.

I have resumed to  my painting hobby which I lost thirty years back.

I have got an international award to my wonder.That's the key point to waste more colours and punish more art lovers.

Started working as an youtube influencer which is evident brain was in the healing process( in these seven years,)from the all imaginative hardships in the  past.

Just praying for natural healing of the body and live long with peaceful life.

Otherwise my family feels I should get into relevant medication to live more with them.

Hope you are taking care of the self.

Otherwise You must.

Hi rupa 

Your story is indeed an inspiration. 

Will be sincerely praying for your physical well being. 

Hope your back pain and thyroid issues recover soon. 

Wishing you a happy family life free of all medications. 

I remember you often when ever I feel low and need hope. 

I could make out the happiness and relief on your face in one of the pics of your self which you had posted. 

Take care 

Regards, venkat 

On 15th June 2020 ,Started to taper 6.25mg olanzapine at the rate of 2.5% of the previous dose every 2 weeks.

13th Nov 2020 - 5mg of olanzapine, 900mg of sodium valproate, 0.25 mg of clonazepam

2020 Dec - 5mg olanzapine, 900mg sodium valproate, 5 mg valium. 

Dec 15th - 5mg olanzapine, 800mg sodium valproate, 4mg valium. 

Jan 11th 2021- 5mg olanzapine, 800mg sodium valproate, 1 mg valium. 

Feb 2nd - 4.88mg olanzapine, 800mg sodium valproate, 0mg valium. 

March 1st- 4.75mg olanzapine, 800mg 

sodium valproate( currently holding SV )

March 9th - 4.63mg olanzapine.April 1st 4.5 April 15th 4.39,1st may 4.27,10thmay 4.16, 20th may 4.05,30th may3.95,15th june3.85, 25th June 3.75, 5th July 3.65, 17th July 3.55, 1st Aug 3.45, 23rd Aug 3.37

6th Sept 3.28, 17th Sept 3.20, 10th Oct 3.12, 21 Oct 3.03 , 1 Nov 2.95 , 11 Nov 2.88,

21 Nov 2.8 , 4 Dec 2.73 , 18 Dec 2.66 , 10 Jan 2022 2.59 , 31 Jan 2.52 , 14 Feb 2.5,1st Apr 2.44,17Apr2.37, 3may2.31, 17may2.25, 30may2.19, 20Jun2.13, 5jul2.07, 1Sept 2.01, 30sept 1.81, 29oct 1.81, 29Nov 1.71. (9dec 0mg of sodium valproate)24Dec1.62, 14Jan23 1.58, 4Feb 1.54, 4Mar 1.46, 4Apr 1.34, 5May 1.26, 2Jun 1.20, 5July1.14, 4Aug 1.08, 

1 hour ago, Venkat said:

Hi rupa 

Your story is indeed an inspiration. 

Will be sincerely praying for your physical well being. 

Hope your back pain and thyroid issues recover soon. 

Wishing you a happy family life free of all medications. 

I remember you often when ever I feel low and need hope. 

I could make out the happiness and relief on your face in one of the pics of your self which you had posted. 

Take care 

Regards, venkat 

Respective Venkat,

I have wondered,you have made 0 valium.Wow.

Great.

Congratulations buddy.

Everything is possible ,by looking at your signature.

Your way of tapering is advisable at lower doses.

I appreciate.

Food plays important role.

I mean it.

By your name ,you seem south indian.

So make a habit of food suggestions i have given to you previously.

Food helps for insomnia which comes from the tappering.

All the very best.

Thank you for your kind prayers,that helps alot,as illhealth brings unknown insecurity at deep heart.

After all ,who wants to leave this wonderful earth before dancing at   great great great great grandchildren marriage baarath.

You too would achieve the ever refreshing realised value of the inborn  smile very soon from the deep within.?view=att&th=177bf611013b2684&attid=0.1&

From left to right

2021/2018/2004

pattern of smile /Laugh.

If not because of this very site Surviving Antidepressants.org

I won't be I am today.

Thank you all the management,moderators,fellow members.

💜.

I would look forward for your meds free life Mr Venkat.

Lots of Love and Prayers.

Dear Rupa

I’m tapering Olanzapine and I’ve read some of your thread. I hope I’ll recover from the drug like you did. Your story gives me hope.

I wish you get well soon.

Kind regards,

Emily

2019 Nov-2020 January 5mg Olanzapine 

2020 January-2020 March 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

2020 March- 2020 August 5mg Olanzapine

2020 August-2020 Sept 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

2020 September-2020 November 5mg Olanzapine 

started 10% reduction 

2021 March 3,5 mg Olanzapine 

2021 April 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

21 hours ago, Emily02 said:

Dear Rupa

I’m tapering Olanzapine and I’ve read some of your thread. I hope I’ll recover from the drug like you did. Your story gives me hope.

I wish you get well soon.

Kind regards,

Emily

Dear Emily,

Deffinately you will recover.

Hope my thread would lead you to safe recovery.

Prayers.

Love.

8 hours ago, rupa said:

Dear Emily,

Deffinately you will recover.

Hope my thread would lead you to safe recovery.

Prayers.

Love.

Thank you for your kind words rupa!

2019 Nov-2020 January 5mg Olanzapine 

2020 January-2020 March 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

2020 March- 2020 August 5mg Olanzapine

2020 August-2020 Sept 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

2020 September-2020 November 5mg Olanzapine 

started 10% reduction 

2021 March 3,5 mg Olanzapine 

2021 April 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rupa!     Just saying "Hi."  I posted Glo's 2 year update on her thread.  We are so happy Spring is here!  I got my son's house painted and now decided to repaint my house on the weekends!!  Which is good as I love the color change.  My new job keeps me super busy but this is good.  I am happy to be able to work and not worry as much about Glo as i used to.  Glo took prednisone for hives back in 2016...which made her psychotic and then they prescribed the antipsychotic. So that is how it started. :(  She was the victim of medication injuries unfortunately, but she is continuing to heal.  So happy to hear about your awards and YouTube channel. I will look you up there!  Take care and many warm blessings for you!! Glosmom