SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ rupa: Risperdal / risperidone victim

My brain going into dream condition but not into sleep condition every night or day when ever I attempt to sleep I have believed the information about remote neural monitoring in all over internet and browsed internet 2 years heavily which resulted heavy thought process ,doubts and suspicion over near and dear.

So I went to a psychiatrist and requested to bring me out of heavy thoughts.He made me use lorazepam for 10 days ,risperidone and trihexyphenidyl combination drug for 30 days.After 30 days my thoughts reduced so I did not go to doctor again.What a mistake ,I was ignorant of how psychiatry medicines work and slow tapering nor my doctor warned me while prescribing an anti psychotic.It is happened in july 2016.

From then my brain going into dreams when ever I attempt to sleep.In october 2016 again I went to the same doctor and reported about the condition I am in.He prescribed olanzapine  silently.I started using olanzapine ignorantly and innocently.When i was experiencing stomach upset that is when I researched in the internet about risperidone and olanzapine.

Now this is june 2017 I have tapered risperidone and olanzapine safely and became drug free safely.But the thing is my brain still into dream condition and not allowing me to sleep when ever i attempt.My querry is what risperidone and trihexyphenidyl and lorazapam [10 days]did to my  brain?what chemicals they blocked.Now stopping them cold turkey did what on my brain?what chemical i should take to get my sleep pattern back.?If I wait patiently with time will the brain correct its condition naturally?Any brain researcher please help.

Edited by KarenB
Added white space

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Rupa, and welcome to SA,

I'm sorry you are still suffering the effects of those drugs and a cold-turkey.  Hopefully you will find the information here useful as you decide what to do next.  With time, things do get better.  I am a lot better today than when I started tapering.

We do not recommend using any drugs at all to fix the problems of withdrawal.  Before we can help you work out a plan, we need some more information.  Can you Please put your withdrawal history in your signature – all drugs/dates/dosages etc - so we can see your situation easily whenever you post, and help you more accurately.  Thanks.

How quickly did you taper risperidone and olanzapine?  We recommend a gentle taper, reducing by no more than 10% of your current dose each month.  This allows your brain time to adjust as you go, and lessens any withdrawal.  If you tapered faster than that, it may explain why you are still feeling withdrawal symptoms.

The troublesome thing with SSRIs is that you can't just flush their effects out of your system.  They change the way your brain works, and that takes much longer to heal.  Suddenly stopping the drug puts your brain and Central Nervous System into shock.  It's like yanking a trellis out of a garden instead of gently untangling the plants and slowly removing the wood – it’s too much trauma for the plants/your brain.  (For the source of that simile, plus further discussion, see http://survivinganti...el-your-brain/)

Non-Drug Techniques to cope with emotional symptoms.

Are there supportive people in your life, or things that you are doing to get yourself through this difficult time? 

Have a read of those links and then you can come back to this thread to discuss things further.  This can be your journal to record your tapering and healing progress, and to ask questions. 

Welcome to SA,

Karen

Edited by KarenB

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• ChessieCat changed the title to rupa: Risperidone victim
  • 2 weeks later...

July 2016 I Went to a psychiatrist for excessive thoughts triggered by the excessive use of Internet [2 years continuously day and night]{face book and google images} 
 Ignorant of how anti psychotics work
Ignorant of tapering system

July 2016-Sizodan LS[risperidone and trihexiphenidyl combination drug] one month and lorazapam 10days

Psychiatrist did not inform me to see him after a month without stopping medication
So stopped using which lead to sleeplessness due to excessive dreaming
-----------
october 2016 went to same psychiatrist and informed him about dreams and no sleep
Rispond plus {risperidone and trihexiphenidyl combination}used one month 
Unable to use further due to heart and stomach discomfort
went to same psychiatrist and reported about discomfort
November 2016
Zisper LS [risperidone and trihexiphenidyl combination drug ]
Tolaz DT[olanzapine 10 mg]
Used 15 days and unable to use further due to heart and stomach discomfort
December 2016 
severe withdrawal symptoms due to stopping cold turkey
Still I was ignorant of tapering system
Went to another psychiatrist
26 December 2016 to 26 January 2017
risperidone o.5 mg, olanzapine 5 mg, trihexiphenidyl 2mg ,All neuron plus,Razo 20mg
slept 7 hours still dreams were there
26 January to 26 February 
Risperidone 1 mg olanzapine 5 m.g trihexiphenidyl 2 mg ,All nuron plus ,razo 20 mg
I was getting dreams, no sleep and was feeling anxious through out night
Doctor was saying I need to ignore dreams and should try sleeping
This is when I started doing research in Internet 
Came to know about how anti psychotics work 
-------------
Started consulting a online M.D psychiatrist via I cliniq online hospital
So he  figured out risperidone causing sleeplessness
He made me to taper risperidone by decreasing the dose for few weeks and then stop
---------
26 february to 26 march 2017-olanzapine 10mg ,tryhexiphenidyl 2mg
26 march to april to may to june to july-olanzapine 7.5,5,2.5 ,1.2
Sleep was great upto 5 mg of olanzapine ,very less and No dreams upto 5 mg, but dreams started in june 2017 at 2.5 olanzapine.

I am sleeping 7 hours on 2.5 olanzapine but in the morning at wake up time I am dreaming an hour then waking up with clear remembrance of dream.

--------

I am fearing what if I could not sleep after completely tapering olanzapine due to dreams?

please help 

Dreams are not a problem but they are not letting me sleep and making me awake from sleep.

What shall I do ?How can I survive without sleep?

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

Karenb    Thank you for your helpful reply

• 2 weeks later...

On 26 th June I dropped down to olanzapine 1.25 mg from 2.5 mg.

Last night I slept 5 hours once tablet power reduced.I got up from sleep.

Once tablet power reduced ,my brain going into dream condition.

Which is the reason I started using olanzapine.

It's been 6 months I was using olanzapine.

These six months I slept without dreams.

As soon as I reached olanzapine 2.5 m.g on may 26 th 2017 dreams started appearing.

My condition is if I attempt to sleep, my mind directly going into dream state and waking up. I couldn't able to sleep further.

Today I am in extreme fear.

When I tapper olanzapine completely what will be my condition.

I am not able to sleep at all.

How will I survive without sleep?

Reinstating olanzapine is against my will.

I will be caught up in side effects of olanzapine.

Using benzos is not at all an option as benzos will not work long time.

Will I survive on mere closing eyes whole night.?

Time only will answer.

Please any one out there in similar situation as mine ,who are successfully living with insomnia without using any medication?

I am fearing if I bear my situation for long time what if my brain developes a new problem?

Any one out there who knows assuringly nothing happens to brain for bearing withdrawal symptoms.?

In long run brain heals itself?

Please.

Hello rupa.

You can read about sleep problems and how to deal with them on this topic: Tips to help sleep

Also, I've been recommended slowly introducing Valerian tea for insomnia.
If you can't sleep, then rest. That helps too. Close your eyes and rest in the bed. 15 minutes -- 15 minutes, doesn't matter, it's still something.
That's what I'm doing when I can't sleep.

And about the brain... I've been to the neurologist, spent lots of money on magnetic resonance of the brain just to hear that my brain is perfectly healthy, although it wasn't really useless, it calmed down my obsessions about having a brain damage, Alzheimer's disease or any other type of dementia. But it costed me around 200€, which isn't that little. If you're very insecure about having a problem with brain, you can go to the neurologist (somewhere where it's free) to check if everything's okay. But try your best to believe the neurologist if he/she tells you that things are okay. They're doctors and they know for sure. I was so afraid that I didn't describe things as good, so I needed to check myself and the doctor was right about my brain.

Brain is healing.

My withdrawal journey (click)

"If you're going through hell - keep going".

Dear Apathetic

I appreciate your soothing reply.Thank you.

I went through your thread

I felt so much pain for you

You are living in a country where you had to spend a lot for health check up.

Yes the brain is healing.

I would like to try valerian tea.

I am following sleep hygiene every day.

I am ashamed that fear conquered me totally.

I did EEG and MRI scan of brain and the result is clean.

Last night was different !

4 rth night of olanzapine 1.25m.g,

Slept 8 hours and not a sign of a dream.

Last night I had rice mixed with plenty of curds and a banana.

I was praying.

Which one worked !

Hi Rupa,

I believe I have the same condition that you describe with the brain dreaming.  I begin to dream as soon as I close my eyes but before I am asleep.   I have to open my eyes because sleep would be impossible.  they are called "hypnagogic hallucinations" and can be brought on by insomnia.  I have been suffering with them for 3+ years.  ever since I stopped sertraline and olanzapine in 2014. 

poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

Hi Poet,

Thank you for your reply.

I went through your thread.

I appreciate your ability to write some poetry,and making others laugh.

I appreciate your way of life like going to golf clubs etc,even though you are suffering from insomnia.

In your case you are able to sleep after some time it seems.

I am very sorry that you are battling through this condition.

Dear poet jester,

I would like to know how you are able to sleep everyday with this hypnogogia?

Today my dream state came back.

I am tapering olanzapine at 1.25 mg.

It is giving me 7 hours sound sleep.

Later my mind entering into dream state and not letting me to sleep.

In this way once I completely taper olanzapine there would be no sleep for me with this hypnogogia.

Please guide me how to sleep every day without the help of any medication.

Awaiting your reply.

Thank you.

I need to complete my olanzapine tapper to recognize my actual dream state condition.

If dreams occur after restful natural sleep of few hours?

Or

Dreams occur as soon as I fall asleep and won't let me sleep at all?

Time only will tell.

What ever may be the condition,I am against to take any medication.

Any suggestions to cope up will be helpful.

I have been tapering from 10 mg of olanzapine, didn't face any withdrawal symptoms upto 5 mg.

Once I am down to 2.5 and 1.25 mg fifth day of dose reduction I have faced headache.

Along with 1.25 mg olanzapine I am tapering tryhexyphenidy from 2 mg to 1 mg.I will stay on these doses 1 month.

Hope this may helpful to any one

Hi Rupa,

I don't know what to tell you about how to live with the hypnagogic hallucinations.  I am not doing very well myself after 3 years of this.   It would be like the blind leading the blind.  my brain dreaming is horrible and started when I withdrew from the medications.  my sleep became terrible and even if I was completely exhausted and would lay down to sleep, my brain would immediately start dreaming and I would have to pull myself awake no matter how tired I was.  it was torture and is still happening.  I dream often of beginning to walk and coming up to the edge of a very deep hole or the side of a cliff.   obviously, I cannot dream anymore unless I want to fall down the hole or down the cliff.  I pull myself awake after what has been maybe only a minute or two of sleep.  I have other "visions"  of beautiful women from my past about to be murdered before my eyes and I pull myself awake.  hellish stuff.  many others on this site have a similar problem only they don't have the brain dreaming, so to speak, but when they try to fall asleep, as soon as their body relaxes, they have what are called hypnic jerks, where a sense of panic or dread shoots through their body when the body starts to relax and they are startled awake.  it's like the hypnagogic hallucinations only without the dreaming part.   they have to get up with terrible anxiety from these hypnic jerks after barely getting any sleep.  maybe only a couple minutes.  about the only way, I can avoid the brain dreaming is if I go two days without sleep and my body is so exhausted that I collapse.  I still will only get maybe 4 hours of sleep, but I can get past the brain dreaming.  I have been doing this for 3 1/2 years and my health is ruined.  I look horrible.  I have huge purffy double bags under my eyes now from all the sleep deprivation.  I want to cry every time I look in the mirror now.  I look like a monster.  I wear hats with brims now to hide these bags under my eyes.  I have heard that coffee contributes to brain dreaming, also insomnia is known to cause hypnagogia.   I have withdrawn from the pills in the past and had these brain dreamings and once I went back on the pills the dreamings stopped, but then I had a host of side effects like all day sleeping (15 hours a day) and fatigue and diarrhea.    These pills become part of our sleep cycles and when we take them away or lower the dose, it's like pulling a leg from a table and we collapse with depression which leads to insomnia and these brain dreamings.  other people in withdrawal have had better luck fighting the insomnia and hypnic jerks from withdrawal.  it usually takes at least 2-3 years of being housebound and dealing with withdrawal symptoms and being very, very particular about what foods and supplements you   put in your body.  Magnesium and fish oil are about the only two recommended supplements, but they don't always work for everyone.  

poetjester 

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

Hello again Rupa,

if you are interested, there is a facebook page for people who either take olanzapine or are withdrawing from it.  the page is called "Zyprexa should be illegal"  they have many tips for tapering the drug on the site.  One recommendation is something called Noni Juice, which is some sort of fruit juice.  It has high levels of potassium and is supposed to help those in wd to sleep.   I bought some and it didn't seem to do much, but then I was very far into wd when I tried the juice.   I just quit the drugs cold turkey in early 2014.    I didn't even have internet service and wasn't aware at the time that there was an entire community suffering from withdrawal effects.  I was 1 1/2 years off the drugs before I got the internet and found this site.  if you aren't having too many side effects from the low dose of zyprexa it may be better to stick with it for the time being otherwise you could risk developing insomnia. 

Poetjester (Derek)

Dear poet,

I was supposed to suggest you the same..What if you stick to olanzapine 5 m.g?

My heart aches for your struggle.

Hats off to you,you are really great bearing all this pain.

I am very much thankful for your reply.

By the end of August 2017 my olanzapine tapper finishes.

I will bear the symptoms until September end,and will know what will be my dream and sleep condition.

If I couldn't sleep at all, and my symptoms will be unbearable then I will live with olanzapine 5 m.g until my death.

hi rupa

Thank you for your concern.  I wish you and I could go for a walk together sometime.  Most of us in withdrawal seem to be suffering alone which makes an already difficult situation even worse.  I have started taking ambien for sleep the past week.  it is not a good solution, but without it I was usually only getting 2 hour of sleep a night and suffering from the brain dreaming every time I would try to lay down to rest during the day.  i like to be active, but if i only get 2 hours of sleep, all i can do for the day is sit on the computer and wonder if it may be my last day alive.  i have been doing this 3 years and am exhausted.  it is not really  a life.  with the ambien, i get about 6 hours of sleep and can go out on my bike and do things, but it does have some side effects: next day nausea and it may be affecting my heart, as well.  there doesn't seem to be many good choices for me at the moment.  i did try remeron and Seroquel for sleep last month and was able to get 7 hours of deep sleep, but the next evening around dinner time, the fatigue would be incredible.  i would almost not have the strength to move at all.  

in your case, if you have to go back on the olanzapine,  5 mg is probably too high.  it sounds like you are doing ok at 1.25 mg.    I was having problems with olanzapine when I finally stopped the drug again in 2014.   I was sleeping almost all day and still tired all the time from 2006-2014 when i took olanzapine and sertraline and i almost never saw the sun all those years.  i felt like a vampire.  now, i feel like a zombie.  i don't know which is worse.  

Oh, another thing that helped me earlier on was walking.  i would go for fast 4-5 mile walks every evening.  it helped me to sleep at night (4-5 hours usually) , although i was still mostly unable to nap during the day due to the brain dreaming.  i will keep looking online to see if there are any other recommendations to combat hypnagogia.  i hope you get  a good night's sleep tonight.

derek

Poet,

Very kind of you.

I am from South India.

I am glad that some how you are able to cope up with the symptoms.

Is Ambien or any other drug made you to get rid of early morning dreams?

For me ,From olanzapine 2.5 mg onwards  dreams started appearing.Even though I am able to sleep 7 to 8 hours,early in the morning dream state occuring.

So I am thinking if olanzapine 5 m.g may be good choice.

What do you say?

As soon as I found this site I am no longer feeling that I am alone

Hi rupa,

I would advise you to get stable on a dose. If dreaming stops for you, but don't go much up. And taper from that point. We are all here to get drugs and side effect free while I am struggling though off cold turkey.

I got started with Olanzapine to many various drugs.

Well I can understand the feeling of not sleeping and dreaming all the time when u close your eyes. I am going through same.

I live in the north India.. got ruined myself by this psychiatry.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • Moderator Emeritus

Rupa, one of our members here (GiaK) has a website called BeyondMeds. This is where I send people who are really struggling to live with their symptoms.  There is a lot to read, and it's very much worth spending some time there. 

Even though it may not seem like it, there are paths through everything we have to deal with, and GiaK has dealt with a lot of withdrawal stuff.  It's inspiring, and very practical.   

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

Dear bhaski,

I really appreciate your courage.

You have faced slot.

I have already tried stabilizing on olanzapine for 6 months and tapered very slowly.My dream and sleepless state not disappeared even after one year.

I have no option left but stabilizing on olanzapine 5 mg for life.

:(

Thank you

Dear Karen,

I tried to find your success story,

But I couldn't.

Today I will check giak's beyond meds.

Hope there would be a drug free way to my problem.

Thank you for your support.

Bhaski

what are you using for dreams and sleep?

Please reply

Dear KarenB,

I read your blog.What a wonderful blog.

It's been a week I have reached olanzapine 1.25.

From couple of days my sleep deteriorated.

I couldn't close my eyes because of bizarre dreams.

I am terrified.

I have no option left but using olanzapine 5 mg

I have started taking olanzapine 5 mg for nights and trihexyphenidyl 2 mg after breakfast.

• Moderator Emeritus

Rupa,

I am reading your signature, and it seems you have dropped the olanzapine doses quite fast.  All your drops have been bigger than the 10% monthly we recommend. 

Updosing is probably a good idea, but instead of going back to 5mg, how about taking it back to your last dose of 2.5mg?  It may be less of a shock to your system. 

8 month hold.

Hi rupa.

This is miko from greece

You are not alone

You said that you go into dream condition and can't sleep because of dreams. Can you dream at all with olanzapine? I can't.

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

Dear Karen

You are right I did mistake that I have tapered wrong,because of ignorance.

Next time when I taper I will follow 10% system.

2.5 olanzapine making me to dream at early in the morning,which is very fearful.5 m.g and upper doses making me to sleep peacefully without dreams.

Thank you.

Edited by rupa
forgot few matter

Dear Miko,

I had experience using 10 mg and 5 mg of olanzapine without dreams .

I slept very well 8 hours every night on 10 mg and 5 mg.

When I was down to 2.5 mg ,every night dreams disturbed me until early morning .

I hope this helps .

On 7/1/2017 at 1:33 PM, rupa said:

Bhaski

what are you using for dreams and sleep?

Please reply

Hi,

Currently I give sometime to binaural or isochronic youtube videos for sleep. They work rarely. 

I get a day after 3-4 days of 2-3hrs sleep where i sleep more. This is the pattern for me now.

One  more thing .. i do Kapalbhati , anulom vilom and bhramri to calm down the thoughts . 

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.

Thank you bhaski.

You have so much courage to maintain your current sleep pattern.

It's a good thing yoga and YouTube videos helping you.

Did you see ,kamils view sleep ,fall in sleep within 10 minutes in YouTube?

I am little bit sad that I had to start olanzapine 5 mg.

Otherwise I couldn't sleep a single minute.

I will see that.. seems more like hypnosis guide video. I have seen many but not this one. Will give it a try.

On dosage, don't bother about if you upped your dose to get stable... 

You can start lowering your dose later. Try communicating with people like brassmonkey, alto, and others for taper.. they have done so successfully.

08/13 - 01/14

02/14 - 05/14
11/14 - 08/15

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, rupa said:

It's been a week I have reached olanzapine 1.25.

From couple of days my sleep deteriorated.

I couldn't close my eyes because of bizarre dreams.

I am terrified.

I have no option left but using olanzapine 5 mg

I have started taking olanzapine 5 mg for nights and trihexyphenidyl 2 mg after breakfast.

hi rupa  ,I have a lot of bizarre dreams and nightmares ,I've learned not worry about them anymore ,I'm careful what I watch late at night .carl young has done some great work on dreams ,it has helped me to understand them

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thank you bhaski.

Thank you power back.

I have maintained sleep higene all my life.

I have googled Carl young ,it is showing Carl Jung.

• 2 weeks later...

Risperidone messed me up and at one point i thought i would recover in 3 years but it only took 14 months.  The brain seems to recover if it has all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals it needs.  Organic food is the best although it's expensive, still one would get more vitamins from organic food than non-organic, generally speaking.

it's hard to believe for some that they will recover because their brain has been hurt by anti-psychosis medications.

In March 2016 i suffered from a paranoia/schizophrenic episode which resulted in me taking risperidone/risperdal 3mg for about 3 weeks along with a couple 7mg long acting injections.  i had an intense withdrawal after stopping cold turkey and i have been off risperidone ever since then.