Jump to content

Recommended Posts

rupa

From 8th June Brain not going into sleep.

No day time symptoms,no sleeplessness related problems.

Day times are peaceful as if I am getting full night's sleep...!

 

Share this post


Link to post
bhasski

Sleep is necessary and should be restorative.

But its atleast good that you are having a good daytime.

 

For me, any natural sedation stopped working since starting and stopping meds... no sweet  lassi (once  my favorite), no curd works, but I still hope the body someday will recover.

 

Wish you get better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
40 minutes ago, bhasski said:

Sleep is necessary and should be restorative.

But its atleast good that you are having a good daytime.

 

For me, any natural sedation stopped working since starting and stopping meds... no sweet  lassi (once  my favorite), no curd works, but I still hope the body someday will recover.

 

Wish you get better.

 

Hi Bhasski

Thank you.

I wish some magic would happen to heal you , me, this forum mates and all the other sufferers in the world.

Last night I thought if I skip dinner by having early supper, I may get sleep.

It worked!

I had jaggery, pudina,Tulasi, lemon mixed juice at bed time.

I slept like baby.

I know , I may not get proper sleep every day,

As I have reached very low doses and tapering with liquid doses.

Take care my friend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
bhasski
10 hours ago, rupa said:

Last night I thought if I skip dinner by having early supper, I may get sleep.

It worked!

I had jaggery, pudina,Tulasi, lemon mixed juice at bed time.

I slept like baby.

Thats great.

 

I will also try eating only supper.

 

Can you explain how did you make the juice ? All the things are home available.. only to see pudina if its there in market.

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
1 hour ago, bhasski said:

Thats great.

 

I will also try eating only supper.

 

Can you explain how did you make the juice ? All the things are home available.. only to see pudina if its there in market.

Make a paste of pudina and tulasi,

add water and jaggery.

Heat it. Then add lemon and strain it.

Drink hot or cold.

I prefer ice cool...:)

Today i added little ginger and haldi.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
bhasski

 

34 minutes ago, rupa said:

Make a paste of pudina and tulasi,

add water and jaggery.

Heat it. Then add lemon and strain it.

Drink hot or cold.

I prefer ice cool...:)

Today i added little ginger and haldi.

 

 

Pls also  tell the quantity approx for a glass or two.

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
44 minutes ago, bhasski said:

 

 

 

Pls also  tell the quantity approx for a glass or two.

I am making 2 glasses (500ml) every evening.

Yesterday I took little quanties and enough jaggery.

When i found it very tasty and sleepy i felt happy.

So Today i made 2 glasses by taking handful of pudina and tulasi, little ginger and haldi.

Jaggery according to your taste.

I am feeling sleepy today too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
bhasski

Hi,

I had the drink yesterday night. It has made.me sleepy , but has no effect hypagogic thing and rls ... which don't let sleep come.

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
4 hours ago, bhasski said:

Hi,

I had the drink yesterday night. It has made.me sleepy , but has no effect hypagogic thing and rls ... which don't let sleep come.

Hiya Bhasski

I wonder , why hypnagogic hallucinations hit you now, after so many months of your cold turkey..!?

I am predicting that my hypnopompia will turn into hypnagogia , as soon as I hit zero olanzapine...:(

In that case , I will wait for few months and check whether I can sustain on sleeplessness,if not I will survive on 0.625 mg , which is a very low dose of olanzapine.

How is your apetite?

Are you eating plenty of fruit, curd rice, mixed veg curries, dry fruits, kaju badam etc?

I can feel How hard you are coping up with sleeplessness...:(

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
bhasski
42 minutes ago, rupa said:

Hiya Bhasski

I wonder , why hypnagogic hallucinations hit you now, after so many months of your cold turkey..!?

I am predicting that my hypnopompia will turn into hypnagogia , as soon as I hit zero olanzapine...:(

In that case , I will wait for few months and check whether I can sustain on sleeplessness,if not I will survive on 0.625 mg , which is a very low dose of olanzapine.

How is your apetite?

Are you eating plenty of fruit, curd rice, mixed veg curries, dry fruits, kaju badam etc?

I can feel How hard you are coping up with sleeplessness...:(

 

 

Its  not new. I have posted it here several times before, may be a year before.

I just didn't know the name - now calling hypnagogia ( not sure for this).

 

Apetite is slightly better. I would say 60% of my usual. Eating almonds, walnuts l, curd, rice, chapatis, dal and cooked veggies as a daily stack.

 

But I always feel uneasiness in stomach and cramps.

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
2 minutes ago, bhasski said:

 

 

Its  not new. I have posted it here several times before, may be a year before.

I just didn't know the name - now calling hypnagogia ( not sure for this).

 

Apetite is slightly better. I would say 60% of my usual. Eating almonds, walnuts l, curd, rice, chapatis, dal and cooked veggies as a daily stack.

 

But I always feel uneasiness in stomach and cramps.

Chapathi is the reason for uneasiness in stomach.

Test a month or two by avoiding chapathi.

As in South India we all believe that chapathi is heat producing in stomach.

I always feel upset stomach after chapathi. I need to drink plenty of chaaz after eating chapathis.

Share this post


Link to post
bhasski

I had tried so. Actually I wasn't able to eat more than 1 in whole day.

 

But couldn't find relief. 

 

Aside this, roti ( fulka) is staple here and everyone in my family complains nothing about it if its home food.

 

 

This whole problem arose after the ADs and APs. 

I can feel the difference drugs has caused physiologically and mentally. Its like the mental trauma.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
27 minutes ago, bhasski said:

I had tried so. Actually I wasn't able to eat more than 1 in whole day.

 

But couldn't find relief. 

 

Aside this, roti ( fulka) is staple here and everyone in my family complains nothing about it if its home food.

 

 

This whole problem arose after the ADs and APs. 

I can feel the difference drugs has caused physiologically and mentally. Its like the mental trauma.

 

 

You are right Bhasski,I never seen North Indians complain about rotis.

Share this post


Link to post
rupa

I have experienced new brain in these 2 years while on olanzapine.

I realised what ever we call feelings like hurt, anger, hatred etc all nothing but mere chemicals acting up.

But , from yesterday I started feeling hurt about my mother's words!

Shall I be happy that I am getting myself back .

I wonder, how can my brain forgot that it is all chemicals acting up , for everybody including my mom.

Share this post


Link to post
rupa

Today afternoon I slept.

For the first time in 2 years, I slept afternoon without the help of olanzapine.

Semi sleep, shallow sleep ,dreamy sleep ...but I slept.

The thing is Three hours of this sleep provided me that unique normal , before medicines kind of peace in the brain.

It seems there is hope.

I can finish taper slowly and can get back to normal self eventually it seems.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
bhasski
On 6/19/2018 at 10:24 PM, rupa said:

Today afternoon I slept.

For the first time in 2 years, I slept afternoon without the help of olanzapine.

Semi sleep, shallow sleep ,dreamy sleep ...but I slept.

The thing is Three hours of this sleep provided me that unique normal , before medicines kind of peace in the brain.

It seems there is hope.

I can finish taper slowly and can get back to normal self eventually it seems.

 

 

Grt news.

 

Provides hope.

Share this post


Link to post
jamesbond747
On 6/20/2018 at 2:54 AM, rupa said:

Today afternoon I slept.

For the first time in 2 years, I slept afternoon without the help of olanzapine.

Semi sleep, shallow sleep ,dreamy sleep ...but I slept.

The thing is Three hours of this sleep provided me that unique normal , before medicines kind of peace in the brain.

It seems there is hope.

I can finish taper slowly and can get back to normal self eventually it seems.

 

 

 

 

MOD NOTE:  Please see Alto's response in this post:  rupa-risperidone-victim

 

i feel now you might even start tapering off olanzapine now that you are able to sleep a little better.Daily morning walks and a protein rich diets will go a long way in helping to avoid withdrawal.

 

 

Edited by ChessieCat
added mod note

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

Good to hear, rupa. Keep steady in your dosing for a time, let your nervous system relax.

 

jamesbond, you are too new to give tapering advice.

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Good to hear, rupa. Keep steady in your dosing for a time, let your nervous system relax.

 

jamesbond, you are too new to give tapering advice.

Yes Madam Altostrata,

I am going to do Micro Taper.

Thank You.

Share this post


Link to post
Carmie
11 minutes ago, rupa said:

Yes Madam Altostrata,

I am going to do Micro Taper.

Thank You.

 

All the best with your microtapering Rupa, 

 

I’m going to do it as well in the future. I’m just having a bit of a break at the moment. Let me know how you go when you start to taper again. Never taper when you still have severe symptoms as you will pay for it and you will end up having to hold a long time and you really won’t get any further. It will just cause more misery. 

 

You’re right about all the weird feelings we get, definitely chemically induced. One of these days we will all be free of these chemicals. We just need to keep taking a day at a time. We will get there in the end!

 

 

Sending hugs🤗

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
20 hours ago, jamesbond747 said:

 

 

MOD NOTE:  Please see Alto's response in this post:  rupa-risperidone-victim

 

i feel now you might even start tapering off olanzapine now that you are able to sleep a little better.Daily morning walks and a protein rich diets will go a long way in helping to avoid withdrawal.

 

 

Hi jamesbond747,

How are you now?

Give every month updates at your thread.

So others will know , how you are improving.

That will be useful to the people who are similar to your case.

Remember,While tapering It is at the lower doses, we have to be patient and taper even very slow.

How is your sleep?

Are you facing dreams and sleep disturbance?

------

I have used risperidone and tryhexyfenidyl combination tablet SIZODON LS for one month and my childhood and later on trauma disappeared.

My anger on Abusive mother gone with medicines.

She didnt change a bit.But I changed.

I was giving positive replies to her.

So she fed up poking me.

The more we react to bad parents , the more they will get amused.

So medicines are helpful if trauma is too heavy on our souls.

Only thing, we should know , how to taper safe, when we feel to come out of medicines.

Take care ma.

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
10 minutes ago, Carmie said:

 

All the best with your microtapering Rupa, 

 

I’m going to do it as well in the future. I’m just having a bit of a break at the moment. Let me know how you go when you start to taper again. Never taper when you still have severe symptoms as you will pay for it and you will end up having to hold a long time and you really won’t get any further. It will just cause more misery. 

 

You’re right about all the weird feelings we get, definitely chemically induced. One of these days we will all be free of these chemicals. We just need to keep taking a day at a time. We will get there in the end!

 

 

Sending hugs🤗

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for your help Carmie,

I would like to go through your thread.

Hugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Banana121
On 19 June 2018 at 5:54 PM, rupa said:

Today afternoon I slept.

For the first time in 2 years, I slept afternoon without the help of olanzapine.

Semi sleep, shallow sleep ,dreamy sleep ...but I slept.

The thing is Three hours of this sleep provided me that unique normal , before medicines kind of peace in the brain.

It seems there is hope.

I can finish taper slowly and can get back to normal self eventually it seems.

 

 

That's great progress Rupa!

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
On 21 June 2018 at 9:00 PM, bhasski said:

Grt news.

 

Provides hope.

Thank you...:)

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
5 hours ago, Banana121 said:

That's great progress Rupa!

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Miko789
On 6/19/2018 at 7:54 PM, rupa said:

Today afternoon I slept.

For the first time in 2 years, I slept afternoon without the help of olanzapine.

Semi sleep, shallow sleep ,dreamy sleep ...but I slept.

The thing is Three hours of this sleep provided me that unique normal , before medicines kind of peace in the brain.

It seems there is hope.

I can finish taper slowly and can get back to normal self eventually it seems.

 

 

 

 

Rupa  great news. there's always hope

Share this post


Link to post
rupa
44 minutes ago, Miko789 said:

 

 

Rupa  great news. there's always hope

Thank you Miko

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.