rick2: Lost memory

rick2

Hello I haven't took the psychiatric treatment, neither took prozac-like drugs (neither standard drugs like meth coke weed etc I don't even drink alcohol) BUT I do suffer from weird symptoms that might be in common that I and doctors yet can't understand:

-Currently having short term memory loss (this like 2 years already), etnering rooms and forgetting where was I going, forgetting what I was looking for etc

-Forgetting what was said during longer conversations

-Much more time is needed to recall something from the past, usually I have to use chain of events technique rather than "lightbulb" trigger as most healthy people have and I did before the issue

-Suffered some anhedonia but still I don't feel the depth of things neither recall any feelings on the next day

-PSSD related - actually I noticed more or less all of the symptoms!

-I feel tired much faster, I feel the sustainment after the workout doesnt hold for very long (being in low thirties shouldnt it be how people over 70s feel?)

Some docs suggested "signs similar" to depression but noone diagnozed me with it. Neurologists suggested "maybe" a liver-metabolitic issues or IBS caused long term issues.

Weird things that also happenned:

-I was almost drugged by coffee and workouts at some point of my life (around 7 years ago) at mid twenties. Once I felt such a great harmony after a cup of coffee that I immediately became a coffee addict drinking up to 2-3 cups a day at some point when effects started to dissappear. Same thing about workouts they kept me feeling young and at ease, then I felt that feeling on more rare occassions, then only when resting on my back, then the efffects dissappeared almost totally and no coffee nor workout could make me feel any better (around 2 years ago), recently found out that small cup of coffee drank in a very short time (especially with sulbutiamine) and interval runs/workout after it kinda seems to make me restful and kinda happy but in a different way than before

-EEG shown my mind is operating almost exclusively in the theta frequency, just some very rare and short alpha waves were also found

-MRI shown nothing,

-Thyroid shown nothing

You guys have more experience with prescription drugs and treatmens, could you share some insight on this?

I tried fixing the problem with prescribed racetam family drugs and sulbutiamine, gotu kola but I need to take alot of it to hold the memory accountable

• KarenB changed the title to rick2: Lost memory
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Rick,

I'm not sure if we can help you very much.  We are a site which helps people to go OFF psychiatric drugs, and we do not recommend any drugs.  You might be interested to know that in the long term, most studies show that psychiatric drugs cause worse outcomes overall. 

I'm sorry I can't help with working out what might be going on for you.  Possibly you might try dietary changes. 

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.