SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Antidepressant withdrawal documentary being produced in UK

Bramble

Hi there,

I am producing a documentary on the effects of long-term antidepressant use and the difficulties of withdrawal, and am looking for UK based subjects to interview for it. 

I was given a very high dose of Venlafaxine (Effexor) by my doctor when I was suffering mild depression, and the side effects and subsequent eight years of dependency and withdrawal were far worse than the depression ever was. I experienced severe anxiety, memory and concentration problems, insomnia and many more symptoms, which were utterly debilitating and terrifying. 

I am passionate about raising awareness of the problems surrounding long-term use, so that others don't have to go through the same thing as I did, or worse.

If you are interested in contributing to my documentary and are UK based, please get in touch.

My email is antidepressants.documentary@gmail.com

Thank you very much

M

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi M, welcome to SA. It is great that you are raising awareness and making a documentary. It would be brilliant if you could share your story with is here when you are able. I am in the UK and would like to know a bit more about it if that is ok? Would the interviews need to be in person or skype? And would people have to appear or could they be anonymous? A lot of people are put off by having to appear in person but I am sure there will be some who are prepared to go public. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi mammaP,

Thanks so much for getting in touch, I really appreciate it. 

Ideally, I would like to film people in person; however, I know how difficult a subject it can be to talk about and that it might be easier for people to contribute anonymously or via Skype, so that may be a possibility as well. 

There are already a number of reportage-style documentaries that look at the effect of antidepressants in a more clinical/detached fashion. I would like to do something a bit more personal to show how long-term antidepressant use can affect so many different aspects of life and quite how debilitating this can be, even years after you stop taking them.

It'd be great to chat over email or by phone to hear a bit more about your experiences and I can tell you a bit more about my ideas. 

Best wishes,

Miranda

Thanks, I have sent you an email.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

Hi bramble , I would be very much interested in doing a interview for your documentary, like you I have been damaged for many years from long term venlafaxine , 

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

I can't wait to hear, Im really glad your doing this. Keep us updated. I hope you got my email okay, search 'daryl'

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

On 2017-06-19 at 4:55 PM, Bramble said:

I am producing a documentary on the effects of long-term antidepressant use and the difficulties of withdrawal, and am looking for UK based subjects to interview for it. 

I was given a very high dose of Venlafaxine (Effexor) by my doctor when I was suffering mild depression, and the side effects and subsequent eight years of dependency and withdrawal were far worse than the depression ever was. I experienced severe anxiety, memory and concentration problems, insomnia and many more symptoms, which were utterly debilitating and terrifying. 

fellow Effexor victim here Bramble ,sorry you suffered so much, great you doing a documentary .thanks for bringing awareness .

Edited by scallywag
trimmed quote to relevant portions

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Altostrata changed the title to Antidepressant withdrawal documentary production in UK
  • Administrator

Hello, how is the film going?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to Antidepressant withdrawal documentary being produced in UK