SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Gussy: 9 weeks off effexor wondering if it will ever end?

Gussy

I can.t imagine how it is to be in heavy wd for sooo long. I was for about a year after going from 200-0 in 3&1/2 months and that was enough. Your idiot dr tapered you very fast, i.m sure you.ve been told that a million times by now. It seems like the faster the taper the longer the suffering? On the fb effexor group one member had a very bad thing happen after reinstating after more than 3 years of crippling wd. His cns was too fragile and the reinstatement was too much for him.

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

How are you doing, Gussy?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, Altostrata said:

How are you doing, Gussy?

Wow Alto thanks for asking. I.ve come so far since april 2017 it.s just nuts. I think i.m almost there. A cautious 85%  is my guess. Almost everything is gone or very bareable at the least. My hormones have recovered a lot. Not quite there in the morning yet but afternoon and night i feel that cycle turn on. I saw a prof endocrinologist who almost hit the roof when i told him i was on effexor whilst doing ivf and couldn.t believe no one told me these drugs can affect the hpg axis in men and women and can cause sperm damage. I tried to find a way to tell you that a while ago but failed. Maybe you already know. Trying to find a way to tell Peter Gotsche or Joanna Moncrieff or others my story as they.re quite outspoken. I don.t think everyone gets this lucky with recovery. I still have some creepy crawlies in my brain during certain times of the day but compared to feeling like it was almost on fire it.s nothing. Only a few muscles have that ache sometimes but not as strong as it was. During the wrong time of day music will make me teary but once again nothing like it used to be. The twisting leg bones are gone. The twitches are gone. Neuro emotions are gone. The nerves in my feet act up a bit but no comparison again. Had some nerve tests done just last week so we.ll see. I tell drs it.s from wd but we know how much they know. I think some kind of change has happened to the nerves that run down the back of my legs too. My foot never used to get numb from resting the other foot under my leg on the couch before wd but it.s not a huge bother for me. I sure see the world differently now.I can pretty much do whatever i want and my wife and i finally have a daughter to love like crazy. She's 15 months now. Through all this I've learnt a very important lesson for her. My mum.s doing well so far with the olanzapine drop too. I know it's early days with that though. I told her about you and your advice on not dropping the last 2.5 in the same fashion. How are you going? Thanks for creating such an awesome site too. I don't think the knowledge here can be rivaled and we suggest to people in the effexor group that I mod in that they come here for opinions when it involves multiple drugs etc. I.ve listenned to the horowitz interview where he quotes s.a. Pretty awesome that but sad at the same time. Sad that the truth can only be found in online groups. None of his literature made sense so here he came looking. Crazy.

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.

• Administrator

What good news, Gus. Thanks for your kind words.

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What good news, Gus. Thanks for your kind words.

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Do you really want it added to success stories? I had to do it the way i did but don.t want to encourage fast tapers. I had a reason to make it that i don.t think many do and it.s what gave me the will. Gus.

Gussy

• Administrator

No matter what tapering method you used, the arc of your recovery will be of huge interest to everyone.

Please include all the cautions and reservations you wish!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Happy to announce that Gussy is working on providing more around their Success Story.

Which can be found here:  Gussy: fast effexor taper, The Darkness has faded, the light is back.Almost 3 years at 0.

And as is custom, I will close this topic to further posts and replies.

Congratulations Gussy!

Edited by manymoretodays
fixing link

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• manymoretodays locked this topic