SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Liverbird: withdrawal

Liverbird

Hello

I'm new on here not quite sure how it all works but basically I'm struggling with Drs not listening about how I'm feeling with withdrawls telling me it's not possible as doses are low but I'm having them as I kno my body shakes sweats chills queasy lack of appetite. 

I am tappering from pregabalin as it has made alot of things worse anxiety and depression falling over I get scared at times when the waves hit as very distressing and scared it will end badly as I've done things before which is why I want off this drug. Please could someone advise me :(

Originally 75 mg - 150mg dropped suddenly back 75mg Oct-Dec 2016

Here are the medications I'm on:

Pregabablin 75 tapered to 38 so far July 2017 - Sept 2017

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Naproxen in between times for pain

Clonazepam 4 times a day

Mirtazapine  2016 changed to this noveber

Quetiapine 50 mg once at night

Vitamin b strong and thiamine for when I drank alcohol. 

2018/2019

Currently pregabalin was 75mg now reducing and down to 14mg
sertraline 200 mg
clonazepam 0.5 5x in a day 
Quietiapine was 100 mg 2 tabs twice a day . Now 1 in morning then 2 at night 
vitamin b strong
thiamine 

Hi Liverbird. Welcome. Are you wanting to taper off your drug? Would you mind doing a drug history and then we can possibly ascertain a course of action.

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Liverbird, welcome to SA, I am sorry that you are suffering like this, sadly doctor's don't have a clue about tapering and withdrawal. Can you tell us how long you have been tapering pregabalin? And how long you have been taking all the drugs? What is jumping out at me is that you were taking clonazepam 0.5 4 x daily but have reduced to twice a day in emergencies. How long have you been taking it and when did you reduce it? I suspect that you might be suffering benzo withdrawal as well as some pregabalin withdrawal. For now, I would hold the drugs and stop tapering, just take your current doses as usual until we work out what is best for you. Many people find B vitamins can be very activating in withdrawal too so you might want to reduce those instead of holding. 

I put your cocktail into the interactions checker and this is the result.  Doctors should have this software installed but they don't seem to, or they just don't care! Don't panic when you read this, I did this 5 years ago and am so glad that I did. I discovered I was sick because of the drug combination I was taking and thankfully am now down to my last one. You will get through this and hopefully collectively we will be able to advise you on the best course of action.  

Interactions between your selected drugs

Moderate

quetiapine  pregabalin

Applies to: Seroquel (quetiapine), pregabalin

Using QUEtiapine together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate

eszopiclone  pregabalin

Applies to: eszopiclone, pregabalin

Using eszopiclone together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam  pregabalin

Applies to: clonazepam, pregabalin

Using clonazePAM together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

diazepam  pregabalin

Applies to: diazepam, pregabalin

Using diazePAM together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

sertraline  pregabalin

Applies to: sertraline, pregabalin

Using sertraline together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

diazepam  eszopiclone

Applies to: diazepam, eszopiclone

Using diazePAM together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam  eszopiclone

Applies to: clonazepam, eszopiclone

Using clonazePAM together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

sertraline  eszopiclone

Applies to: sertraline, eszopiclone

Using sertraline together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

quetiapine  eszopiclone

Applies to: Seroquel (quetiapine), eszopiclone

Using QUEtiapine together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

sertraline  quetiapine

Applies to: sertraline, Seroquel (quetiapine)

Using QUEtiapine together with sertraline can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

diazepam  quetiapine

Applies to: diazepam, Seroquel (quetiapine)

Using diazePAM together with QUEtiapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam  quetiapine

Applies to: clonazepam, Seroquel (quetiapine)

Using clonazePAM together with QUEtiapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam  sertraline

Applies to: clonazepam, sertraline

Using clonazePAM together with sertraline may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Minor

diazepam  sertraline

Applies to: diazepam, sertraline

Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed. 

For clinical details see professional interaction data.

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi Liverbird. Welcome to SA. I'm sorry that you have had the runaround with the doctors. Unfortunately, they are quite uninformed.I'm glad you made your way here. Why are you on so many drugs?

Pregabalin? Do you want to cease all? You are on quite a cocktail but with a slow taper you should be fine.

How have you tapered so far?  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thank you mammaP and AliG 

I have been tapering from pregabalin for 26 days now from 75 mg to now 50 

Diazepam was introduced two weeks ago but I'm scared to take it as they want me to drop clonazepam x4 but I rely on that to get through the day. 

I looked at the meds checker and was astounded and bought it to there attention said why would you give someone the drugs that make you weak dizzy etc when they feel it firstly but I was told I didn't know what I was talking about "I'm  the psychiatrist not you" 

Then later was addmited to psychiatric hospital cos I couldn't cope and self harmed which I've never done up until October 

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • Administrator

Hello, Liverbird. 

It looks like your doctors have been throwing everything in the kitchen at complaints of anxiety or possibly insomnia. You are taking an excessive number of what we call "brakes" meant to slow you down.

What was your original complaint?

How long have you been taking each drug? What times of day do you take each one, and at what dosage?

Why are you taking zopiclone at night?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I've been taking

pregabalin 75 upped 150 then dropped to 75

Sertraline has been increased to 150

Thiamine x2

vitamin n strong 

Clonazepam 4 times a day 

Was mirtazipine but switched to quetiapine instead 

Promethazine dropped now 

And Zopiclonebecause of only sleeping about 2-4hours if that 

But now given diazepam 5mg which I don't think does much

no more clonazePam even tho I need it for anxiety panic attacks.

What do u mean by "brakes?"

Having horrendous withdrawals too

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. 

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

Thank you Madeleine ☺

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 2017-7-4 at 11:16 AM, Liverbird said:

I've been taking

pregabalin 75 upped 150 then dropped to 75

When did you start pregabalin, and when did you drop to 75 and when did you drop to 53?

Sertraline has been increased to 150

When was sertraline increased?

Thiamine x2

vitamin n strong 

Clonazepam 4 times a day 

Was mirtazipine but switched to quetiapine instead 

When was the switch to quitiapine?

Promethazine dropped now 

When was promethazine dropped?

And Zopiclonebecause of only sleeping about 2-4hours if that 

But now given diazepam 5mg which I don't think does much

no more clonazePam even tho I need it for anxiety panic attacks.

When was clonazepam started and stopped

What do u mean by "brakes?"

Brakes are drugs that are given to slow you down, or calm you. Anti depressants such as sertraline are 'accelerators' and are activating. 

Having horrendous withdrawals too

Does the zopiclone help you to sleep now? 

I am sorry I did not get back to you, I have been away and just got back. If you click the quote tab you can answer the questions in the box to make it easier. When we have the full picture we will know better how to help.  I really feel for you, being on so many drugs is disabling. Are you home from hospital now? Doctors often don't know what to do for patients and just keep trying more drugs. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Firstly please don't apologise everyone has there own lives to lead. 

I have been taking 75mg of pregabalin and quetiapine since November then it was upped to 150 in December when I was in a psych hospital which is when they raised it then my body started to twitch cramp up spasms I was scratching like mad told them my skin was on fire I was told I was self harming I said no there's something wrong then had to be sedated. Then got dropped just like that the pregabalin so had withdrawals but no One would believe me.

Promethazine dropped about 6 weeks ago . Last week diazepam and zoiclone taken away as not doing anything.quetiapine has been upped to 50mg week ago 

39 days ago I started water titrating the pregabalin as my physical problems have got worse and painful which I didn't have this level of pain before being out on pregabalin. Still don't sleep that good either ?

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • Administrator

What is your doctor trying to treat with all these drugs?

What kind of pain? Where?

The itching could have been an allergic reaction to a drug or combination of drugs.

Please stop changing your drugs for the time being. This confuses your situation.

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

What are you taking now, and at what times of day? What is your sleep pattern? When do you get "anxiety or panic attacks"?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi Liverbird,

sorry to hear that you have to go through all this mess and it's really frustrating to hear over and over again how doctors are literally destroying lives. It's a real crime!!!

Well whatever you will decide to do - do what YOU feel like is best. You know it's withdrawals and doctors won't believe you.. that's terrible. I always started doubting my path whenever any doctor would tell me that "this and that is not normal, can't be blablabla".. but I stuck to my way and I can savely say now that I KNOW that I had wirhdrawals and that I am over the worst parts. many months I was unable to do anything, now I am back to work, social life, happiness, sleep, training.. 

this is not forever and as hard as the idea of yet another DAY of this hell sounds- it gets so much better!!! 

Wishing you all the best,

Pepita

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

13 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What is your doctor trying to treat with all these drugs?

What kind of pain? Where?

The itching could have been an allergic reaction to a drug or combination of drugs.

Please stop changing your drugs for the time being. This confuses your situation.

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

What are you taking now, and at what times of day? What is your sleep pattern? When do you get "anxiety or panic attacks"?

Pain now is mainly in my legs it was all over I get twitches cramps 

I'm on hands n knees in my flat at the moment because to stand is so painful. Sleep pattern is non existent really up n down for anxiety n deprssion I think that's what there all for .

Panic attacks can be any time or triggers set it off clonazepam taking four times a day which helps. Take all these in the morning 

Pregabalin 50mg 

Sertraline 150 

Thiamine 

Vitamin b strong  

Then bedtime 

Quetiapine 50 mg

Thiamine 

Vitamin b strong 

Clonazepam 

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
10 hours ago, Pepita said:

Hi Liverbird,

sorry to hear that you have to go through all this mess and it's really frustrating to hear over and over again how doctors are literally destroying lives. It's a real crime!!!

Well whatever you will decide to do - do what YOU feel like is best. You know it's withdrawals and doctors won't believe you.. that's terrible. I always started doubting my path whenever any doctor would tell me that "this and that is not normal, can't be blablabla".. but I stuck to my way and I can savely say now that I KNOW that I had wirhdrawals and that I am over the worst parts. many months I was unable to do anything, now I am back to work, social life, happiness, sleep, training.. 

this is not forever and as hard as the idea of yet another DAY of this hell sounds- it gets so much better!!! 

Wishing you all the best,

Pepita

Hello Pepita 

Thank u for your message it's made me feel I'm not on my own and not going mad. 

So glad you have improved for you xxx all the best to you too

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2017 at 11:15 PM, mammaP said:

I am sorry I did not get back to you, I have been away and just got back. If you click the quote tab you can answer the questions in the box to make it easier. When we have the full picture we will know better how to help.  I really feel for you, being on so many drugs is disabling. Are you home from hospital now? Doctors often don't know what to do for patients and just keep trying more drugs. 

Hope you had a great time awayx

Yes I'm home 

Legs are messed up too soo weak but being told it's all in my head 

Last week walking on hands n knees around my flat to get around so frustrated.. with the professionals saying that 

I just getting to the end of my tether meds have been changed again my body doesn't kno what it's doing .

Pregabalin50 once a day 

Clonazepam 1 four times a day sertraline 150 but really emotional and self harm cos I can't control anxiety 

Quetiapine upped 50 at night sleep no better horrific nightmares 

Can you help me find a solution as I don't kno what to do anymore

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

How are you now Livebird? Hope you are feeling better.

2002  effexor. 

Hello mamaP

Hope you are well 

Thank you for messaging x

I'm stable in the pregabalin now I'm not dropping any further at the moment.  But I'm struggling with my legs they are so weak when I can  walk have to walk on tiptoes as Achilles tendons and muscles in my calves the pain is excruciating . Dr has given me painkillers but not touching the pain?.

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • 1 month later...

I'm new to all this so not sure how to do the thread. Lol

I have been tapering I'm now down to 38 from 75 recently seen a nurologist and that is what she diagnosed me with and I'm being sent to specialists in London for intense physio speech therapy and  more I believe they didn't want to overload me with too much information 

So currently meds I'm taking are 

Sertraline 200 

Thiamine 

Vitamin B strong 

Clonazepam 4×a day 

Tramadol for pain relief 2 am and on

Naproxen inbetween 

Quiteapin 50mg

Please I need help anything from anyone to help me get through this without being concequences 

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Liverbird, Am sorry to see that you have been put on so many drugs and are obviously suffering the consequences.  Is there a reason you are taking so many B vitamins?  B-Vitamins tend to be activating for people who are trying to withdrawal from anti-depressants.  Unless you have a deficiency in any of the B-Vitamins you are taking, I would discontinue them over the course of the next couple of days.

It sounds like you may have been tapering Pregabablin too quickly.  And as MammaP pointed out back in July, you are on quite a number of different medications that come with numerous interaction warnings for many of them and then combined with tapering the Pregbablin too quickly, it's not surprising that you are feeling the way you do.

For now, I would hold the drugs and stop tapering, just take your current doses as usual until we work out what is best for you.

As it has been a while since you've visited the site, I would ask that you update your withdrawal signature history so that we have a clear understanding of what we are dealing with.  Please update your signature at the link below:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

•    Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.

•    A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 

•    Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.

•    Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)

•    Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.

At Surviving Antidepressants, it is recommended that a person taper by no more than 10% of their current dose with at least a four week hold in-between decreases.  The 10% taper recommendation is a harm reduction approach to going off psychiatric drugs.  Some people may have to taper at a more conservative rate as they are sensitive to even the smallest drops.

To get you started, and familiarized with the protocols followed by SA, I am linking a few topics so that you have a better understanding of what is recommended here. 

What is Withdrawal Syndrome?

Before you begin tapering what you need to know

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Taking Multiple Psych Drugs - Which Drug to Taper First

I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the recommendations made Surviving Antidepressants and the reasons why before visiting your specialist or making any changes to the combination of drugs you are currently taking.  You need to be aware that there are specific recommendations for coming off of multiple psychiatric drugs and the reasoning behind why these recommendations are made.  I know it is a lot of information to digest all at once, but it is imperative that you understand what is required of you so that you can safely taper off of all of these medications and regain your health.  I am very concerned that you are on far too many drugs that are at the root cause of your distress.  

Please feel free to repost if you have additional questions or need clarification on a topic.

Best,

BaroqueP  

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
December 9, 2016 - reduced 60.75
January 5, 2017 - reduced 54.67
January 30, 2017 - reduced to 49.0
February 20, 2017 - reduced to 44.0 
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)
July 17, 2017 - reduced to 38.24
August 15, 2017 - reduced to 37.5 (50% of my original dose)

October 15, 2017 - reduced to 35.6

November 12, 2017 - reduced to 33.8
December 15, 2017 - up-dose to 35.6
December 28, 2017 - up-dose to 37.5

• 1 year later...
  • Currently pregabalin was 75mg now reducing and down to 14mg
    sertraline 200 mg
    vitamin b strong
    thiamine 
  • Could someone advise me as im really struggling with withdrawals from the pregabalin has made my life hell trying to taper off,  I've have the electric shocks and fainting still, cramps body spasms.  But worst of all seizure type episodes every day and night that are ruining my body and life . Plus since tapering off Quetiapine last October 2018 seizure type episodes every day and night are getting worse and now wholebody feels like a really bad flu without the cold , I'vespoken to my gp regarding how I'm feeling at the moment,  I was basically got told to ride it out.  Her hands are tied your not having withdrawals from the Quetiapine " but I have spoken to pharmacist and explain how I'm feeling she said it's withdrawal symptoms and I need to speak to my gp.  Please I'm going out of my mind  can someone help please before I do something drastic. 

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back,

Please update your drug signature using the following format, which will allow the mods to see your drug history at a glance.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses

Please write out like the following example (if you don't know date use early, mid, late and month, year):

drug name:  date, dose; date, dose; date, dose;

and

• summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

Also please put ALL your current drugs Drug Interactions Checker and copy and paste the results here in your Introduction topic.  Thank you.

Many members find that taking B vitamins can be activating, especially B6:

hypersensitive-to-b-vitamin-or-b-vitamin-complex

vitamin-b6

Please keep daily symptoms notes for the next 3 days and post them here in your Introduction topic.  Include all drugs and supplements.  This will allow the mods to assess your situation.

Example:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
32 minutes ago, Liverbird said:

Quietiapine

This is spelled quetiapine.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Administrator

Hello, liverbird.

We haven't seen you since September 2017! How did you go off quetiapine?

Please stop changing any of your drugs for the time being. What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Liverbird, 

I’m so sorry you’re struggling so much. Please update your signature and answer Alto’s questions. Thanks. I’m tapering from quetiapine myself, and when I taper too quickly I feel like I’m being electrocuted too. 

You said you’re taking quetiapine morning and night now, but you also said you are off it since last October. Could you please specify whether you are still on it or not. Thank you. 

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

On 6/26/2017 at 7:10 PM, mammaP said:

pregabalin

I'm not off Quetiapine yet I've only dropped 25mg pre psych and I had spoken but I wasn't ready not long after discussing it as personal things happened I wasn't ready . But has a phone call with GP last October whom made me feel bad for not withdrawing like I should have . So last October I started dropping 25 mg in the morning  so still currently on 75mg of Quetiapine but having seizures from pregabalin withdrawal on top 

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • Moderator Emeritus

Here is the drug interaction report:

Interactions between your drugs

Moderate

clonazePAM sertraline

Applies to: clonazepam, sertraline

Using clonazePAM together with sertraline may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazePAM QUEtiapine

Applies to: clonazepam, quetiapine

Using clonazePAM together with QUEtiapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

sertraline QUEtiapine

Applies to: sertraline, quetiapine

Using QUEtiapine together with sertraline can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazePAM pregabalin

Applies to: clonazepam, pregabalin

Using clonazePAM together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

sertraline pregabalin

Applies to: sertraline, pregabalin

Using sertraline together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

QUEtiapine pregabalin

Applies to: quetiapine, pregabalin

Using QUEtiapine together with pregabalin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Drug and food interactions

Moderate

sertraline food

Applies to: sertraline

You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with sertraline. Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of sertraline such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

pregabalin food

Applies to: pregabalin

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of pregabalin such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with pregabalin. Do not use more than the recommended dose of pregabalin, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic duplication warnings

Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.

Duplication

Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs

Therapeutic duplication

The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs' category to be taken concurrently is usually three. Your list includes four medicines belonging to the 'Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs' category:

• pregabalin
  • sertraline
  • clonazepam
  • quetiapine

Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:27 PM, Carmie said:

Hi Liverbird, 

I’m so sorry you’re struggling so much. Please update your signature and answer Alto’s questions. Thanks. I’m tapering from quetiapine myself, and when I taper too quickly I feel like I’m being electrocuted too. 

You said you’re taking quetiapine morning and night now, but you also said you are off it since last October. Could you please specify whether you are still on it or not. Thank you. 

Take care, sending hugs🤗

I'm sorry I don't know What I'm doing with all this as I'm struggling so bad I don't know my way around of using this so I don't know if I'm doin itwriteornot I'm too all over the place 

Sertraline 200

Tramadol for body spasms

Clonazepam 4 times a day

2018/2019

sertraline 200 mg
vitamin b strong
thiamine 
  • Moderator Emeritus

What drug/s are you currently taking?

What doses are you currently taking of those drug/s?

What time of day do you take those drug/s?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Liverbird, 

Yes, everything can certainly be overwhelming when going through withdrawals, can’t it? Don’t worry, you’ll be able to navigate this site in no time. 

Have a look back to Saturday’s post that ChessieCat sent you. Can you see she asked you to keep daily logs. Can you please over the next few days, up to a week write down daily what time you take the meds and what your symptoms are. She gave you an example of what a symptom log looks like. This can be helpful.

I know you’re feeling really overwhelmed at the moment by your symptoms, but the log may help us to be able to see some kind of pattern.  Also, if I were you I would stop the B vitamins, they can ramp up your withdrawals. 

Sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.