SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ dj2010: off all meds for 3 months and been fine now bad insomnia

dj2010

dj2010

How much turmeric capsules you took while tapering?

September 2017 Haldol 8mg Zyprexa 5mg Valproic Acid 1500mg Biperiden 2mg Prozac 20mg Ativan 5mg

December 2017 - January 2018 fast taper Valporate 1500 mg

January 2018 cold turkey Prozac 20mg

December 2017 - April 2018 taper Ativan to 3mg taper Haldol to 0 taper Zyprexa to 0

February 2018 - cold turkey Biperiden 2mg

Reinstated 28 June 2018 Haldol 1 mg  Zyprexa 3.75 Ativan 3mg

July 2018  Haldol 0.5mg Zyprexa 2.5mg Ativan 3mg

September 2018 Zyprexa 2mg Ativan 2mg

1 minute ago, Igor1287 said:

dj2010

How much turmeric capsules you took while tapering?

hi, 500mg capsules twice a day

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

thanks, dj2010

September 2017 Haldol 8mg Zyprexa 5mg Valproic Acid 1500mg Biperiden 2mg Prozac 20mg Ativan 5mg

December 2017 - January 2018 fast taper Valporate 1500 mg

January 2018 cold turkey Prozac 20mg

December 2017 - April 2018 taper Ativan to 3mg taper Haldol to 0 taper Zyprexa to 0

February 2018 - cold turkey Biperiden 2mg

Reinstated 28 June 2018 Haldol 1 mg  Zyprexa 3.75 Ativan 3mg

July 2018  Haldol 0.5mg Zyprexa 2.5mg Ativan 3mg

September 2018 Zyprexa 2mg Ativan 2mg

5 hours ago, dj2010 said:

feeling quite low today, I changed Saturdays hyperbaric oxygen treatment session to today as didn't want to do 2 days in a row, drove for over a hour to the session this morning and the treatment was about to start but I was feeling panicky again and was getting worried that I would not last the 1 and half hours in the chamber and it would have to be stopped and ruined for everyone else inside, got even more panicky and just as the chamber door was about to be locked I asked to get out, so going to leave this treatment for now and try again in a few months time, next time im going to book the whole chamber to myself for the 1st few times,

not sure why feeling so panicky in the chamber as not had much anxiety or panic during my whole withdrawal experience and the treatment is very safe, it must be because locked in with a oxygen mask strapped to head and its not something you can just get out of, if have a panic attack in there the chamber has to be decompressed etc which takes quite a bit of time

You made the best choice DJ .as I said before take stock and be grateful for how far you've come for now .even being able to drive for an hour is pretty good .but I'm using my case as a barometer and that's just ridiculous lol.

Keep at reducing your stress and be mindful of what's worth even worrying about in life .

Don't sit around thinking why too much ,get yourself anice walk in .

Take care .

Maybe the panic is in your subconscious over England lifting the world cup 😁.

Best of luck with it .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator
On 8/4/2017 at 5:56 AM, dj2010 said:

also i have been meditating 3 times a day using www.headspace.com, there are special meditation courses on there for sleep and anxiety etc, also depression and stress, its worth a look, I was always told by therapists to try meditation but always looked down on it thinking it wouldn't work for me,

now when my mind is overthinking I have learnt to brush aside the thoughts and focus on my breathing etc, its really working, when i wake up in the middle of the night instead of overthinking and worrying then not sleeping I can now use the techniques learnt from meditation and quickly get back so sleep, also getting to sleep is much easier using the techniques learnt,

dj, what happened to your meditation practice? You were making excellent progress with it.

Deep, meditative breathing sounds perfect for that situation, where you might otherwise look forward to the treatment.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

14 hours ago, powerback said:

You made the best choice DJ .as I said before take stock and be grateful for how far you've come for now .even being able to drive for an hour is pretty good .but I'm using my case as a barometer and that's just ridiculous lol.

Keep at reducing your stress and be mindful of what's worth even worrying about in life .

Don't sit around thinking why too much ,get yourself anice walk in .

Take care .

Maybe the panic is in your subconscious over England lifting the world cup 😁.

Best of luck with it .

thanks PB, I am grateful in a way but still frustrated with how long its taking, stress is getting easier to handle but there has been too much of it lately and it keeps putting me into waves, yeh England getting very close now, be watching it tonight,

going to get a nice swim in this morning

hope you are better today

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

dj, what happened to your meditation practice? You were making excellent progress with it.

Deep, meditative breathing sounds perfect for that situation, where you might otherwise look forward to the treatment.

hi Alto, yes yesterday would of been the perfect opportunity to use my meditation practice, I will brush up on my skills and use it when try the treatment again in a couple months, I should of really cancelled yesterday anyway as I did not sleep good the night before so was not feeling very good to start with,

im pretty sure this treatment will benefit me a lot, after Fridays session my eyesight was very clear, I went to watch my sons swimming lesson and could clearly see him when he was at the far side of the pool where usually i have to use the camera on my phone to zoom in and watch him that way, oxygen is able to get to places in the eyes/brain and body it cant normally get to,

take care

Update: 15 months off venlafaxine and approx 16 - 17 months off seroquel 

this month has been more unstable than I would of liked, been quite a few waves but they have all been caused by life stresses, a few big stressors also which would effect normal non withdrawal people, I have quite a lot going on at the moment, I tend to take too many projects on when in windows and then get overwhelmed,

so waves now are no longer appearing for no reason at least like in early months, 

also I have not had any head pressure now for a couple of months so that is 1 big positive and shows further healing

still there has been some nice long windows this month and I make the most out of them when in them, the Sunday before last it was a very hot day and I bought the kids inflatable dingys and we drove up to devils bridge and went swimming in the lake, it was the most refreshing swim ever had, I was in a great mood as slept great the night before so was a fantastic day, me and my

son swam all the way down the river, heres a picture I took

devilsbridge.thumb.jpg.b576bf2cc7254f5999b726bf986f1900.jpg

I never used to appreciate natural beauty before when I was drugged, I didnt appreciate anything as had no feelings, now I love visiting places like this and been out in nature, 

thats another positive i am back swimming almost every day, haven't been able to for many months as I got swimmers knee but now knee seems ok, going for a swim after this update,

hoping this next month is going to be more stable, 

thanks for reading

• Moderator Emeritus

Beautiful photo dj,

Yes Im a massive photography fan too, 

Im really sorry you’ve been having waves, but it warms my heart so much that you are enjoying nature. There really isn’t anything better than nature.

Glad you’ve had long windows. I say make the most of them,then you have lots of happy memories to look back on. Keep taking  those photos too as they will make u smile when u look at them. 

Enjoy your swims.

Sending you hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

2 hours ago, Carmie said:

Beautiful photo dj,

Yes Im a massive photography fan too, 

Im really sorry you’ve been having waves, but it warms my heart so much that you are enjoying nature. There really isn’t anything better than nature.

Glad you’ve had long windows. I say make the most of them,then you have lots of happy memories to look back on. Keep taking  those photos too as they will make u smile when u look at them. 

Enjoy your swims.

Sending you hugs🤗

thanks Carmie, yes I take many photographs every where I visit now, nothing more relaxing than being out in nature,

hope you are keeping well, take care

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, dj2010 said:

thanks Carmie, yes I take many photographs every where I visit now, nothing more relaxing than being out in nature,

hope you are keeping well, take care

Thats great to hear DJ,

Keep snapping away. I had beautiful photo opportunities on the weekend too, I went to a dam, a waterfall, a creek, rainforest etc. Snap! Snap! Snap! Nature is the best! I love the sound of running water, it’s so tranquil.

Sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

ok since I had that 1 hyperbaric oxygen therapy session over a week ago my sleep has just been getting worse and worse, I am now waking up every hour, god knows that it did to me but this is not good and I am afraid I have done some big damage

On 7/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, dj2010 said:

feeling quite low today, I changed Saturdays hyperbaric oxygen treatment session to today as didn't want to do 2 days in a row, drove for over a hour to the session this morning and the treatment was about to start but I was feeling panicky again and was getting worried that I would not last the 1 and half hours in the chamber and it would have to be stopped and ruined for everyone else inside, got even more panicky and just as the chamber door was about to be locked I asked to get out, so going to leave this treatment for now and try again in a few months time, next time im going to book the whole chamber to myself for the 1st few times,

not sure why feeling so panicky in the chamber as not had much anxiety or panic during my whole withdrawal experience and the treatment is very safe, it must be because locked in with a oxygen mask strapped to head and its not something you can just get out of, if have a panic attack in there the chamber has to be decompressed etc which takes quite a bit of time

Hi Dj,  How are you recently?Maybe for me .....i think i will be more panic and nervous lock inside chamber with oxygen mask . Its a normal reaction for me and some more lock inside for 1 1/2hrs.....really long treatment.Better get prepared for yourself in your next treatment when you get ready. Hope you doing well and take care.

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

ok since I had that 1 hyperbaric oxygen therapy session over a week ago my sleep has just been getting worse and worse, I am now waking up every hour, god knows that it did to me but this is not good and I am afraid I have done some big damage

Hi Dj, Dont too stress for yourself and dont over worry. im believe you will be back to your baseline and get back your sleep as per last time. At least you got improvement in your latest updated which is a good sign of healing for you. im happy to hear that. Believe yourself ....you done so well and you can healing.Sometimes these on and off waves is really disturbing and upset but you can get back on yourself.Please stay relax, enjoy your life with family and eat healthy. Stay away from stressful and tension....this really effected your emotion and mood. I hope i can hear more about your recovery updated and hope you all the best and well. Thanks for your beautiful photo. Take care.

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

4 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Dj, Dont too stress for yourself and dont over worry. im believe you will be back to your baseline and get back your sleep as per last time. At least you got improvement in your latest updated which is a good sign of healing for you. im happy to hear that. Believe yourself ....you done so well and you can healing.Sometimes these on and off waves is really disturbing and upset but you can get back on yourself.Please stay relax, enjoy your life with family and eat healthy. Stay away from stressful and tension....this really effected your emotion and mood. I hope i can hear more about your recovery updated and hope you all the best and well. Thanks for your beautiful photo. Take care.

Thanks miracle but I think I might have pushed my luck too many times now, I’ve only myself to blame for the constant experimenting, in a complete mess today,

Learn from my mistakes, 

take care

2 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Thanks miracle but I think I might have pushed my luck too many times now, I’ve only myself to blame for the constant experimenting, in a complete mess today,

Learn from my mistakes, 

take care

We are same boat Dj....try and error to get some relief to feel better. Dont blame for yourself. Take care.

slept ok Saturday night and slept good last night at over 7 1/2 hours so looks like recovering from the hyperbaric oxygen session, I will not be taking anymore risks now, PB tried to warn me the oxygen therapy was putting too much at risk and I should of listened, also stopped all supplements now except magnesium, looking back things have been much more unstable the last few months since I have been taking more supplements, i have a funny feeling fish oil has been causing problems, i could not tolerate it at all last year, I thought I could now tolerate it but maybe its been causing instability with my sleep so I will stick to just magnesium for a while and see how it goes,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dj,

What was your first cold turkey like back in 2009?

Did you go through withdrawal whilst in thailand? I bet that was mad!

2009-2010 Citalopram 20mg CT no problems

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

2011- 2017 June 2017- Citalopram 20mg CT

49 minutes ago, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Hi Dj,

What was your first cold turkey like back in 2009?

Did you go through withdrawal whilst in thailand? I bet that was mad!

Hi johnny

yes was forced to go cold turkey while in Thailand, after 1 year there my UK doctor changed and the new doctor refused to give my meds to my mum and said because was not in country could no longer have them, my mum used to ship them over to me, I could not get venlafaxine in thailand so had no choice, I could get my seroquel, proponolol and benozos there,

withdrawal was hell and I was very ill for 2 years over there, although I did not know it was withdrawals at the time as thought they only lasted a month and did not know about this site, I wasnt sure what was happening to me, I had to massively up my seroquel and take a lot of zanex to cope,

I made it through it all and now been drug free since April 2017 and enjoying life again

Well done, great achievement and shows great strength

Do you think the tumeric is helping? I guess you do otherwise you wouldn't take it!

2009-2010 Citalopram 20mg CT no problems

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

2011- 2017 June 2017- Citalopram 20mg CT

1 minute ago, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Well done, great achievement and shows great strength

Do you think the tumeric is helping? I guess you do otherwise you wouldn't take it!

thank you, I feel it helped me during my taper but i have not really been taking it now for around 6 months as I was starting to get a burning sensation in my chest and think too much turmeric was contributing, chest is fine now and might start the turmeric again soon

quick update, just back from a gruelling gym session, been properly hitting the gym over the last week and half, running quite long distances on the treadmill and lifting heavy weights, im determined to get back into the shape i was during my boxing days many years ago and not going to let withdrawal stand in my way,

been having some quite good sleeps over the last week and half but also some bad ones and had to use melatonin and antihistamines on a few occasions,

this new intense fitness regime has not been making my sleep any worse, I am hoping it will speed up my recovery,

kids off school at moment and been doing a lot of swimming with them, heading down to the pool shortly

1 thing that has been very noticeable over the last month is I have been able to have conversations with people more easily, I have bumped into a few people from the past and had half decent conversations, usually it is very uncomfortable and I cant think what to say, I start fumbling and it becomes very awkward, they usually look at me funny and say anyway it was nice seeing you and walk away, so I am now not avoiding people as much

take care everyone

5 hours ago, dj2010 said:

quick update, just back from a gruelling gym session, been properly hitting the gym over the last week and half, running quite long distances on the treadmill and lifting heavy weights, im determined to get back into the shape i was during my boxing days many years ago and not going to let withdrawal stand in my way,

been having some quite good sleeps over the last week and half but also some bad ones and had to use melatonin and antihistamines on a few occasions,

this new intense fitness regime has not been making my sleep any worse, I am hoping it will speed up my recovery,

kids off school at moment and been doing a lot of swimming with them, heading down to the pool shortly

1 thing that has been very noticeable over the last month is I have been able to have conversations with people more easily, I have bumped into a few people from the past and had half decent conversations, usually it is very uncomfortable and I cant think what to say, I start fumbling and it becomes very awkward, they usually look at me funny and say anyway it was nice seeing you and walk away, so I am now not avoiding people as much

take care everyone

Brilliant DJ👍.

I personally think doing this much will snap back at you ,so you are going to have to disipline yourself .weights one day and a good walk the next .

Good on you with the conversation and being comfortable .

Kudos my friend .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hey DJ,

You seem to be doing very well, that is awesome! So no more insomnia huh?

Mine is still pretty bad and I'm thinking of trying CBD tincture. I know you stopped using it but I remember it had helped you before for insomnia right? Were you taking the CBD oil or the CBD tincture?

Thank, take good care,

Athena

2000-2001: Effexor              2005-2012: Celexa, Zoloft, Effexor, desipramin, Wellbutrin, mirtazepin, Lamictal, Remeron, Abilify, nortriptylin, Cipralex, Cymbalta, and others I don't remember. Really bad side effects to all.
Sept-Nov 2012: Paxil 20mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Imovane 5mg      Nov 2012: Paxil 20mg --> 10mg
Dec 2012: Paxil 10mg-->0; 1 week later: HUGE WD symptoms. Started to get informed on the internet and back to 10mg Paxil.
Dec 2012-Jan 2013: Paxil 10mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Imovane 2.5mg        End Jan 2013: P 9mg, W 100mg, I 2.0mg
Feb 2013: P 8mg, W 100mg, I 1.5mg      April 2013: P 7mg, W 100mg, I 1.25mg       May 2013: P 7mg, W 90mg, I 1mg    

June 2013: P 7mg, W 80mg, I 0mg       July 1/2013: P 7, W 70     July 22/2013: P 7, W 60             Aug 2013: P 7, W 50       Sept 2013: P 6.1, W 50     Oct 2013: P up to 6.3, W 50     Nov 2013: P 6.2 to 5.9, W 50      Dec 2013: P 5.9, W 40      Jan 2014: P 5.3, W40        Feb 2014: P 5.3, W 30      March-April 2014: P 5.3, W 26    May 2014: P 5.3, W 20        June 2014: P 5.3 W 15     July 2014:  P 5.3, W 14       Aug 2014: P 5.3, W up to 15     Sept 2014: P 5.3, W 14    Oct 2014: P 4.8, W 14      Nov 2014: P 4.3, W 14     Dec 2014-Jan 2015: P 3.9, W 14     Feb 2015: P 3.9, W 12    March 2015: P 3.6, W 12   April-May 2015: P 3.3, W 12    June 2015: P 3.3, W 10    July 2015: P 3.3, W 8   Aug-Sept 2015: P 3.3, W 6   Oct 2015: P 3.0, W 6   Nov 2015: P 2.7, W 6   Dec 2015: P 2.4, W 6   Jan-Feb 2016: P 2.4, W 5  March 2016: P 2.2, W 5   April 2016: P 2.2, W 4   May-June 2016: P 2.2, W 3  July 2016: P 2.2, W 2  Aug 2016: P 2.2, W 1  Sept 2016: P 2.2, W 0!!  Oct 2016: P 2.0   Nov 2016-Jan 2017: P 1.8  Feb-Mar 2017: P 1.9  April-May 2017: P 1.8   June 2017: P 1.6 July-Dec 2017: P 1.5  Jan-April 2018: P 1.6

Others: Cytomel 25mcg (thyroid), vit. C, vit D, Omega-3 fish oil, Magnesium bisglycinate , Melatonin 1mg, 81mg Aspirin, Milk peptides, L-theanine, Valericalm tincture mix, scullcap tincture, Suan Zao Ren (jujube seeds)

20 hours ago, powerback said:

Brilliant DJ👍.

I personally think doing this much will snap back at you ,so you are going to have to disipline yourself .weights one day and a good walk the next .

Good on you with the conversation and being comfortable .

Kudos my friend .

Take care .

thanks PB, you are usually right about these things so I will watch myself carefully, just been for a long walk this morning and thats all im going to do today, mother got kids for the whole day so going to relax,

take care

17 hours ago, Athena said:

Hey DJ,

You seem to be doing very well, that is awesome! So no more insomnia huh?

Mine is still pretty bad and I'm thinking of trying CBD tincture. I know you stopped using it but I remember it had helped you before for insomnia right? Were you taking the CBD oil or the CBD tincture?

Thank, take good care,

Athena

hi Athena,

Thanks for stopping by, unfortunately the insomnia still persists but its not like it was in the early months of withdrawal, it is manageable now and most nights I get enough sleep, usually get over 6 hours but there is usually wake ups, get quite a few 7 hours and occasional 8 hours, I think my sleep problems are not going away any time soon, been having to use melatonin and antihistamines on more occasions than i would like recently, 

how many hours are you getting a night now? yes CBD oil was working good for quite a while but then out of the blue it went paradoxical on me one night, god knows why, I might try it again soon, CBD oil and tincture are the same, if you are using CBD oil for sleep you are best finding a indica strand of oil and make sure it is full spectrum and make sure start extremely slow with just 1 drop, when I first tried CBD oil in the early months of withdrawal I took to much and had a huge reaction and panic attack, it messed me up for weeks,

I must of tried every supplement and Ive tried hyperbaric oxygen therapy, ive come to the conclusion now that there is nothing that will fix withdrawal insomnia, some things might work for a while but they always stop working, the only thing that will fix it is time and self care, of course some things do help like epsom salt baths and lavender oil etc etc

take care

DJ

Great job. I think exercise has helped me the most. My doctor told me during my withdrawals exercise is the best thing to do. Speeds up the brain recovery too. When I told her it was helping, she said to exercise more. 

Glad your feeling better. Don’t stop the exercise. It’s always good for you. 

Cheers

December 2017: Zyprexa (30mg)  Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg)

Feb 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg)

March 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Valium (10mg) Ambien (10mg) Lamicital (450mg)

April 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg) (Dropped Ambien, Valium no help)

May 2018:  Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (37.5mg)  Lamicital (450mg) Trazodone (150mg) CBD (20mg)

Present: Gabapentin (600mg)  Prazosin (10mg)  Lamicital  Trazodone (125mg)

1969 - Present: 80 Electro Convulsive Treatments, Medication changes (Too many drugs to list prior to Dec 2017) Klonipin/Xanax CT 2003

Wellbutrin Taper: Started approx  Apr 2018 450mg, 300mg, 225mg, 150mg, 112.5mg, 75mg, 37.5mg Held each dose approx 1 week per Doctor, June 5 2018 OFF WELLBUTRIN

Zyprexa Taper: Nov 2017 30mg, Dec 1 2017 20mg, Dec 11 2017 15mg, Dec 22 2017 10mg, Jan 3 2018 7.5mg, Jan 14 2018 5mg, Jan 25 2018 3.75mg, Feb 6 2018 2.5mg, Feb 16 2018, 1.25mg, Feb 25 2018 0.625mg, March 4 2018 OFF Zyprexa!!!!

Trazodone Taper: April 2018-150mg, May 25 2018-100mg, June 1 2018-50mg,  Bump June 2 2018-125mg HOLD

On 8/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, dj2010 said:

take care everyone

Hi Dj, im glad and happy you have such a positive improvement. For me im still dealing with insomnia for these over 1 weeks with sleep less than 2 to 4 hrs per night. me too ....i took melatonin and anti histamines more frequently. I hope you sleep will back to your baseline soon.

i have too conversations problem and feeling no confidence to meet and talk with poeples. At least now you have no problem to meet and dealing with peoples give me hope i also can recovered like you. I hope you will getting more better in your healing and get back to your ownself back. Take care.

1 hour ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Dj, im glad and happy you have such a positive improvement. For me im still dealing with insomnia for these over 1 weeks with sleep less than 2 to 4 hrs per night. me too ....i took melatonin and anti histamines more frequently. I hope you sleep will back to your baseline soon.

i have too conversations problem and feeling no confidence to meet and talk with poeples. At least now you have no problem to meet and dealing with peoples give me hope i also can recovered like you. I hope you will getting more better in your healing and get back to your ownself back. Take care.

hi Miracle, thanks for stopping by, sorry to hear your insomnia is playing up, 2 - 4 hours for a week is like torture, I pray you are back into a window soon

yes my conversation is still not perfect but much improved, I am sure it will be back to normal with time and yours will too,

slept ok but not great last night, got 6 1/2 hours waking a few time but feel great great for some reason so going for a run on beach and then going to take the family for a day out to the sea life center to see the sharks,

I am sure your sleep will be back to baseline soon, just stay strong

take care

4 hours ago, dj2010 said:

slept ok but not great last night, got 6 1/2 hourswaking a few time but feel great great for some reasonso going for a run on beach and then going to take thefamily for a day out to the sea life center to see thesharks,

Thats was great Dj. During this summer you can enjoy with famiy which is good and sweet movement for you. i really love spending my time with my family too.i hope you enjoy so much in this summer with  a lots of joyful and happiness. Eat heathly and stay relax. Take care.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, dj2010 said:

thanks PB, you are usually right about these things so I will watch myself carefully, just been for a long walk this morning and thats all im going to do today, mother got kids for the whole day so going to relax,

take care

Follow some strength trainers ,ide say this is what you want rather than loads of cardio.

Be careful with too much cardio ,I read it can reduce strength .go for nice walks rather than pounding the tredmill for an hour.  

Strength sensei.com is good place to look .

I watched a talk on ketosis and the man talked about looking at people in the gym killing themselves on treadmills and he would ask them whey are you doing that to yourself ,there answer is usually because they love food .

He simply said well then stop eating all the food .

Such a simple statement but very true.e everything comes back to what we eat .

Bought myself the best qaulity venison sausage yesterday and I didnt even care about the price because years ago it was wasted on drink .I was chuffed lol.

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

19 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Thats was great Dj. During this summer you can enjoy with famiy which is good and sweet movement for you. i really love spending my time with my family too.i hope you enjoy so much in this summer with  a lots of joyful and happiness. Eat heathly and stay relax. Take care.

thanks Miracle, yes nothing better than spending time with family,

hope you are well today

19 hours ago, powerback said:

Follow some strength trainers ,ide say this is what you want rather than loads of cardio.

Be careful with too much cardio ,I read it can reduce strength .go for nice walks rather than pounding the tredmill for an hour.  

Strength sensei.com is good place to look .

I watched a talk on ketosis and the man talked about looking at people in the gym killing themselves on treadmills and he would ask them whey are you doing that to yourself ,there answer is usually because they love food .

He simply said well then stop eating all the food .

Such a simple statement but very true.e everything comes back to what we eat .

Bought myself the best qaulity venison sausage yesterday and I didnt even care about the price because years ago it was wasted on drink .I was chuffed lol.

Take care .

hi PB, thanks for this advice, yes working on strength mainly as trying to put weight and muscle back on, love the feeling get after running but not pushing it too much as knee still is not 100%

yes you should treat yourself to things like that, with all the misery from withdrawal we need some pleasures,

hope you are well today

• 5 weeks later...

not done a update for a while

back from a nice holiday in Scotland, did some hiking and visited some historical sites, a couple of castles, took kids to lots of fun places, place stayed at had pool with slides and arcades etc, tried to see as much of the area as possible while was there, sleep was difficult the 1st couple nights as the bed was quite hard so took a couple nights to get used to it, used melatonin and anti-histamines on a few occasions,

one day decided to climb a very large hill, more like a small mountain, was a mistake as i totally overdid myself, It wouldn't of been a problem if I had slept good the night before but had a really bad night, after around 20 minutes climb and it started to get difficult, I was determined so decided to carry on, after around 1 hour I realised that was a mistake but it was too late to turn back, took over 2 hours of quite difficult uphill hiking and climbing and was totally out of breath at the end, after it I had a 1 hour drive back to where was staying, had to keep stopping as was just too exhausted and struggled to concentrate,

also at end of the trip the drive home was a nightmare, it took 7 hours when should of took 3 and half, wanted to visit some caves on way home but the GPS took me in some mountains down some narrow track, ended up stuck and was a real struggle to reverse back out, scratched car all over from bushes and trees at either side and nearly burnt clutch out, then had to drive through the mountains for a couple of hours on a very narrow winding road, it was never ending and constantly on side of cliff edges etc, completely mentally exhausted me,

still it was a successful trip that I would not of enjoyed if I was still medicated,

tried to upload some photos but have a limit of 0.19mb so can only upload the one in low quality, nature shot from a hike,

still only withdrawal symptom that I have left is poor sleep, it is still up and down a lot but managing to usually get 6 hours or more, the other night I got a record 9 hour sleep, last night I got 6 and half hours solid, nights that i struggle I use melatonin or anti-histamine

cant think of anything else to update, thanks for reading

waterfall2.jpg

Great your trip was a success over all DJ ,love the picture .Disaster with the GPS but you did well to conquer through  the task and get home .

Be watchful for the next few weeks and take it easy and rest as much as you can and give yourself a big pat on the back .nice gentle walks should do the trick .

Take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi Dj, How are you? Long time i never hear from you. Beautiful natural picture. Great to know you are really enjoyed your Scotland trip with your familys as well. Dont over do it some exercise when you feel over exhauted. Sometimes poor sleep will effected the body ability too. Now is a time you take good rest for recovery.At least mostly withdrawals no longer bother you anymore its a good improvement of healing. i believe your sleep will gain a lots improvement soon since already come back almost to your baseline.Take care.