☼ dj2010: off all meds for 3 months and been fine now bad insomnia

dj2010

3 hours ago, dj2010 said:

thanks buddy, yeh going to do best to stay away from all stress although theres always something that usually pops up now and again,

no need to thank me you have been a rock for me also during difficult times, 

how are you doing?

cheers

up and down mate ,the pain in my back has eased so I'm  not been driven mad by that ,anxiety is very bad but have better tools now to cope ,I'm noticing behaviours I had  when younger  but I'm conscious of it all and have no vices like alcohol so progress for the future .I'm going to blow that psychologist off by sending him  a polite letter ,I got an awful shock from that so i just want to rest .for my recovery now I'm not getting involved with criticism of these guys .now way pedro lol.

Take care . 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

17 hours ago, powerback said:

up and down mate ,the pain in my back has eased so I'm  not been driven mad by that ,anxiety is very bad but have better tools now to cope ,I'm noticing behaviours I had  when younger  but I'm conscious of it all and have no vices like alcohol so progress for the future .I'm going to blow that psychologist off by sending him  a polite letter ,I got an awful shock from that so i just want to rest .for my recovery now I'm not getting involved with criticism of these guys .now way pedro lol.

Take care . 

hi buddy, yes its all windows and waves, at least the pain has gone thats one big plus, sounds like all the work you are doing on yourself if paying off and your coping skills are growing,

yes write the letter and let him know your thoughts, it will be good getting your thoughts off your chest,

take good care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, DJ. I'm just wondering if you are about and would be willing to discuss one of your WD symptoms you suffered after coming off of Venlafaxine?

This is a link to my thread. I had posted twice in it but the second post goes into more detail and explains more of my situation. 

Thanks! 

Edited by ChessieCat
added link

Dates unknown: *

Propranol 30mg 3 x a day. Stopped as they had no effect. * Escitalopram 10mg then upped to 20mg. Tapered off over a few weeks. *

Citalopram; can't remember the dosage. Tapered * fluoxetine 20mg. C/T * 

2017: Mirazapine 15mg. Tapered and came off due to weight gain.

Pregabalin 200mg. did nothing for me and Pdoc decided to not try higher doses for some unknown reason. *

Quetiapine 50 xr in 2017 Q4, then upped to 100mg xr a month later. came off in Feb/march by doing a rapid 3-4 week taper.

Venlafaxine 75mg 30th oct. Then upped to 150mg on 18th Jan. Did a fast 4-5 week taper due to urine retention issues, stopped 1st of may. Abilify 5 mg 1st of feb, then up to 10mg 1st of march. C/T on may 22nd. 

Clonazepam 0.5mg, August 10th, eventually building up to 6mg by Feb 2018. 18th/oct/18 - tapered to 5.5mg. 28/oct now dropping to 5mg for ten days. 

17 hours ago, apuddle said:

Hi, DJ. I'm just wondering if you are about and would be willing to discuss one of your WD symptoms you suffered after coming off of Venlafaxine?

This is a link to my thread. I had posted twice in it but the second post goes into more detail and explains more of my situation. 

Thanks! 

hi, just had a quick look at your thread and see you are dealing with frequent urination, yes this was a big problem for me during my taper and also in withdrawal, it only resolved recently maybe a couple months ago, it does still come back when I am in a bad wave though but very rarely and no where near as bad,

I think i read somewhere that is is something to do with electrical signals signalling body to urinate, I guess once the meds are out of your system and your nervous system settles and excess electrical signals settle that it will get better, i might be wrong but thats my guess at whats causing it,

hang in there it will get better

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

hi, just had a quick look at your thread and see you are dealing with frequent urination, yes this was a big problem for me during my taper and also in withdrawal, it only resolved recently maybe a couple months ago, it does still come back when I am in a bad wave though but very rarely and no where near as bad,

I think i read somewhere that is is something to do with electrical signals signalling body to urinate, I guess once the meds are out of your system and your nervous system settles and excess electrical signals settle that it will get better, i might be wrong but thats my guess at whats causing it,

hang in there it will get better

take care

Thanks for the reply, DJ. I just thought that we had quite similar circumstances and was wondering your "oab is like mine".

Mine is relentless but I would say it was at it worst for the first 3 weeks of me having it. Basically, my bladder fills to about 100-200 mls and I have the urge to go, I wouldn't say its the "OH MY GOD I NEED TO GO", but more like it feels like my bladder is full and it becomes irritating. There does seem to be some pressure if i try to hold on, but I think that's my bladder trying to stretch back to it's original state. If i drink past 8 pm then i'd be up all night going to the toilet, so that's how I avoid going all night. And the thing you mentioned about laying down before you sleep, and then needing to go for a pee multiple time before you sleep is exactly what I go through. 

Have you had windows and waves all the way through your OAB? or was it only a year in that you started to feel some release? I go about 20 times a day and it drives me mad. 

I'm going to try pelvic floor workouts, bladder training and a drug called betmiga that helps the bladder. Hopefully that'll help a bit. 

Glad to hear things are pretty much resolved for you. You're proof that it's possible that things can get better. keep healing!#

Thanks. 

Dates unknown: *

Propranol 30mg 3 x a day. Stopped as they had no effect. * Escitalopram 10mg then upped to 20mg. Tapered off over a few weeks. *

Citalopram; can't remember the dosage. Tapered * fluoxetine 20mg. C/T * 

2017: Mirazapine 15mg. Tapered and came off due to weight gain.

Pregabalin 200mg. did nothing for me and Pdoc decided to not try higher doses for some unknown reason. *

Quetiapine 50 xr in 2017 Q4, then upped to 100mg xr a month later. came off in Feb/march by doing a rapid 3-4 week taper.

Venlafaxine 75mg 30th oct. Then upped to 150mg on 18th Jan. Did a fast 4-5 week taper due to urine retention issues, stopped 1st of may. Abilify 5 mg 1st of feb, then up to 10mg 1st of march. C/T on may 22nd. 

Clonazepam 0.5mg, August 10th, eventually building up to 6mg by Feb 2018. 18th/oct/18 - tapered to 5.5mg. 28/oct now dropping to 5mg for ten days. 

On 10/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, apuddle said:

Thanks for the reply, DJ. I just thought that we had quite similar circumstances and was wondering your "oab is like mine".

Mine is relentless but I would say it was at it worst for the first 3 weeks of me having it. Basically, my bladder fills to about 100-200 mls and I have the urge to go, I wouldn't say its the "OH MY GOD I NEED TO GO", but more like it feels like my bladder is full and it becomes irritating. There does seem to be some pressure if i try to hold on, but I think that's my bladder trying to stretch back to it's original state. If i drink past 8 pm then i'd be up all night going to the toilet, so that's how I avoid going all night. And the thing you mentioned about laying down before you sleep, and then needing to go for a pee multiple time before you sleep is exactly what I go through. 

Have you had windows and waves all the way through your OAB? or was it only a year in that you started to feel some release? I go about 20 times a day and it drives me mad. 

I'm going to try pelvic floor workouts, bladder training and a drug called betmiga that helps the bladder. Hopefully that'll help a bit. 

Glad to hear things are pretty much resolved for you. You're proof that it's possible that things can get better. keep healing!#

Thanks. 

sorry for late reply been super busy, not sure what you mean by "oab" ?

yes it was around 1 year and 3 months I think before it resolved, not sure exactly, I would have read through all my previous posts to find out exactly when

one thing that helps is drink loads water when wake up, I drink around 1 litre when wake, this helps stretch the bladder, it is known to help with night time urination,

things are not resolved yet, still dealing with sleep issues but usually get between 6 - 8 hours unless had stressful day or in a wave,

take care

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

"oab"

= over active bladder.

Thanks to google 🙂

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

41 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

= over active bladder.

Thanks to google 🙂

thanks for that chessie!

41 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

= over active bladder.

Thanks to google 🙂

thanks for that chessie!

• 4 weeks later...

You ok mate ,just checking in and doing the rounds to ask about people close to my heart that have helped me through hell many times .a bit over sentimental from me  maybe [who's cutting onions]  lol .

Take care .👍

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

13 minutes ago, powerback said:

You ok mate ,just checking in and doing the rounds to ask about people close to my heart that have helped me through hell many times .a bit over sentimental from me  maybe [who's cutting onions]  lol .

Take care .👍

I’m doing as good as can be mate thanks for checking in, would be doing a lot better if didn’t have so much going on at the moment,

sleep still up and down, can’t complain too much really as doing ok overall

you are sounding a bit better today, maybe the updose has helped, if you find it has helped quite a bit then it may be worth holding for a little while where you get some much needed relief,

going to sleep shortly, thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

quick update at approx 20 months off all psych drugs, things continue to be quite good overall, sleep is quite good at moment and feeling stable, avoiding stress like the plague as that seems to be the only thing that knocks my sleep, still sticking to strict sleep routine,

don't have any other withdrawal symptoms so quite happy with my progress overall,

peace to you all

4 hours ago, dj2010 said:

quick update at approx 20 months off all psych drugs, things continue to be quite good overall, sleep is quite good at moment and feeling stable, avoiding stress like the plague as that seems to be the only thing that knocks my sleep, still sticking to strict sleep routine,

don't have any other withdrawal symptoms so quite happy with my progress overall,

peace to you all

DJ my problem with this update is, it is In the wrong section .it needs to be in success stories 😀.

Keep it up and keep at the stress avoidance at all cost for ever .retrain your whole system .

Brilliant 👍and happy Christmas ,be mindfull of this time especially ,get your walks and saunas in.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 hours ago, powerback said:

DJ my problem with this update is, it is In the wrong section .it needs to be in success stories 😀.

Keep it up and keep at the stress avoidance at all cost for ever .retrain your whole system .

Brilliant 👍and happy Christmas ,be mindfull of this time especially ,get your walks and saunas in.

Thanks Buddy lol hoping to get the success story written next year some time

yeh really is tricky with the stress, difficult to totally avoid unless you live on own on some island somewhere

got a long early morning walk in today, was pitch black and throwing it down but I got to test out my new waterproof gear and it was a success,

yes happy xmas to you too, how are you doing at the moment?

hope all is well

cheers

9 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

Thanks Buddy lol hoping to get the success story written next year some time

yeh really is tricky with the stress, difficult to totally avoid unless you live on own on some island somewhere

got a long early morning walk in today, was pitch black and throwing it down but I got to test out my new waterproof gear and it was a success,

yes happy xmas to you too, how are you doing at the moment?

hope all is well

cheers

Dont even ask  matel lol  but  thanks for asking anyway,don't ruin your day even thinking of my misery.

Im going for the bridge soon out of sheer desperation ,I should be in bed resting but I had to leave the house for some peace and quite.

Ive been foolish the last 2 years and its painful ,very painful.

On a train here and cant keep my eyes open .

Maybe this time next year I mite be stable .

Love the sound of your walk ,ive missed the whole of autumn being out .

Take care and be careful of exercise stressing your system also .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Dont even ask  matel lol  but  thanks for asking anyway,don't ruin your day even thinking of my misery.

Im going for the bridge soon out of sheer desperation ,I should be in bed resting but I had to leave the house for some peace and quite.

Ive been foolish the last 2 years and its painful ,very painful.

On a train here and cant keep my eyes open .

Maybe this time next year I mite be stable .

Love the sound of your walk ,ive missed the whole of autumn being out .

Take care and be careful of exercise stressing your system also .

sorry to hear this buddy, yes it must be time for the bridge soon remember you saying would try in December, fingers crossed for you with this,

nah you haven't been foolish you have just been doing what you thought was best,

I am sure you will be in a much better position in a years time so keep on fighting!

take good care

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/2/2018 at 5:25 PM, dj2010 said:

peace to you all

Very happy to hear you're doing well.  Our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ has been added to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing.  We hope that soon you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• ChessieCat changed the title to ☼ dj2010: off all meds for 3 months and been fine now bad insomnia
9 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Very happy to hear you're doing well.  Our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ has been added to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing.  We hope that soon you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories

yay!! this is a huge achievement and its made my day, thanks Chessie, feels so good to receive this award, a few years ago I never would of imagined I would be drug free and doing well

thanks again

• Moderator Emeritus

I felt honoured to to the honours after I checked with Alto 😊

On 12/4/2018 at 2:19 PM, dj2010 said:

yay!! this is a huge achievement and its made my day, thanks Chessie, feels so good to receive this award, a few years ago I never would of imagined I would be drug free and doing well

thanks again

Hi Dj, so happy to hear from your positive recovery and hope you will continue to feeling 100% healing and waiting to hear your successful story soon.....😃

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

3 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Dj, so happy to hear from your positive recovery and hope you will continue to feeling 100% healing and waiting to hear your successful story soon.....😃

thanks Miracle appreciated, sleep still not perfect but i am seeing huge improvements now and dont have multiple awakenings anymore, getting frequent 7 - 8 hours of quite solid sleep,

take good care

Congratulations, DJ.  This gives me hope my sleep will improve.  Enjoy. -Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

13 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Congratulations, DJ.  This gives me hope my sleep will improve.  Enjoy. -Rosetta

thank you Rosetta, don't worry it will improve it just happens ridiculously slow,

take care

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi dj, 

I’ve been meaning to tell you I’m so happy you’ve got the “here comes the sun symbol.” Woohoo!🎉🎉One of these days we all have that symbol. It’s still far away for me but it will come. 

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

23 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi dj, 

I’ve been meaning to tell you I’m so happy you’ve got the “here comes the sun symbol.” Woohoo!🎉🎉One of these days we all have that symbol. It’s still far away for me but it will come. 

Sending hugs🤗

thanks so much Carmie, so proud to receive the symbol, yes every one will one day have the symbol with time if keep on the right path, your time will come before you know it, see you are now a mod, huge congratulations on this! you will make a great mod with your caring nature,

hope you have had a lovely xmas, ive been to center parcs over xmas in the lake district and stayed in a wooden lodge in the forest, had a open log fire, was lovely been out in nature, was a spa there also which was perfect for someone in withdrawal, much needed relaxer and getting ready for the new year now

take good care

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi dj, 

How great is being out in nature. I’m a big nature fan. A cabin with a fire sounds amazing. I went down south for my niece’s wedding a year or two ago, and stayed at my sister in law’s place. She lives in the country surrounded by trees, it’s so lovely. It got really cold and it was so relaxing waking up to the fire with logs in it. There are kangaroos hopping around there, as it’s out in  whoop whoop. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if all through our withdrawals we could live somewhere like that? Or a beach shack? I loooove the beach. I went on holidays with friends last year to Surfers Paradise n listening to the waves from our apartment was amazing. We were thirty something stories up n could see the sunset and sunrise. Spectacular! Plus, an amazing pool area. 

I’m sure you would have enjoyed that spa. You’ll have to sneak it back home.😂

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Small update,

things continue to be good and sleep mostly good unless my usual sleep routine  is not kept to, sleep is very solid and continueing to get more solid, gone are the days where wake up multiple times in the night, aware they could come back though

reconnected with some old childhood friends which pleased about, have not socialised properly in years and they have wondered what has been going on,

havent told them properly about withdrawal and my med history as they would not understand, told them that after I was in the Asian tsunami in 2004 which I was lucky to survive that I was diagnosed with ptsd afterwards which is true and the doctor put me on sleeping tablets and got addicted to them, said that they have caused brain damage and going to take approx 5 years for brain to heal, all true really but have not gone into the antidepressants or antipsychotics etc,

friend came to visit me yesterday with his new baby, was very nervous and after he left for most of the day I was replaying the conversation in my head and then analysing everything I said wondering if said the right things etc, was very weird and shows I need to gain confidence in socialising again

anyway wish you all the best for new year and happy healing

On 12/29/2018 at 10:22 PM, Carmie said:

Hi dj, 

How great is being out in nature. I’m a big nature fan. A cabin with a fire sounds amazing. I went down south for my niece’s wedding a year or two ago, and stayed at my sister in law’s place. She lives in the country surrounded by trees, it’s so lovely. It got really cold and it was so relaxing waking up to the fire with logs in it. There are kangaroos hopping around there, as it’s out in  whoop whoop. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if all through our withdrawals we could live somewhere like that? Or a beach shack? I loooove the beach. I went on holidays with friends last year to Surfers Paradise n listening to the waves from our apartment was amazing. We were thirty something stories up n could see the sunset and sunrise. Spectacular! Plus, an amazing pool area. 

I’m sure you would have enjoyed that spa. You’ll have to sneak it back home.😂

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Sorry Carmie I missed this message from you, thanks for replying

yes I love nothing more than being out in nature since withdrawal

that sounds lovely at your sisters, I love kangaroos also

yes withdrawal would be so much easier if lived somewhere like that with no stresses

all the best for the new year to you and your family

take care 

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

Small update,

things continue to be good and sleep mostly good unless my usual sleep routine  is not kept to, sleep is very solid and continueing to get more solid, gone are the days where wake up multiple times in the night, aware they could come back though

reconnected with some old childhood friends which pleased about, have not socialised properly in years and they have wondered what has been going on,

havent told them properly about withdrawal and my med history as they would not understand, told them that after I was in the Asian tsunami in 2004 which I was lucky to survive that I was diagnosed with ptsd afterwards which is true and the doctor put me on sleeping tablets and got addicted to them, said that they have caused brain damage and going to take approx 5 years for brain to heal, all true really but have not gone into the antidepressants or antipsychotics etc,

friend came to visit me yesterday with his new baby, was very nervous and after he left for most of the day I was replaying the conversation in my head and then analysing everything I said wondering if said the right things etc, was very weird and shows I need to gain confidence in socialising again

anyway wish you all the best for new year and happy healing

Brilliant DJ ,your an inspiration .

What a start to the new year .

Countinued warmth and joy in your future .

My life hasis better for knowing you.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 12/31/2018 at 9:59 PM, dj2010 said:

Sorry Carmie I missed this message from you, thanks for replying

yes I love nothing more than being out in nature since withdrawal

that sounds lovely at your sisters, I love kangaroos also

yes withdrawal would be so much easier if lived somewhere like that with no stresses

all the best for the new year to you and your family

take care 

Hi dj, 

Just checking in again to see how you’re doing, 

Yes, nature is the best thing EVER!!! I hope you get to spend many more times in nature. If only we could live somewhere out in the country or near the beach while going through withdrawals.

Sending hugs your way🤗

13 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Hi dj, 

Just checking in again to see how you’re doing, 

Yes, nature is the best thing EVER!!! I hope you get to spend many more times in nature. If only we could live somewhere out in the country or near the beach while going through withdrawals.

Sending hugs your way🤗

hi carmie, thanks for checking in, im doing great thank you, couple bad nights sleep recently but nothing that I can complain about,

looking forward to Spring which is approaching and reserved a puppy which will ready to leave its mother in 5 weeks time so will have a companion for my walks 😀see below

pup2.thumb.jpg.ab325aa978b4f9e7acf9793f3584d29a.jpg

how are you doing?

• Moderator Emeritus

Awwwwww dj, 

Such a cute puppy. I want to hug him! Glad you’re doing okay💚

Hi Dj,

OMG....soooooo cute puppy.....love and wanna to touch him....Thanks for you to share with me about your experienced and at least this really help and remind me the root caused of throat pain.I will monitor my acid reflux and noted my progress.

So happy to know your are healing and your sleeping mostly back to normal. Enjoy your life happily with your family and you deserve it. Take care.

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:46 AM, dj2010 said:

hi carmie, thanks for checking in, im doing great thank you, couple bad nights sleep recently but nothing that I can complain about,

looking forward to Spring which is approaching and reserved a puppy which will ready to leave its mother in 5 weeks time so will have a companion for my walks 😀see below

pup2.thumb.jpg.ab325aa978b4f9e7acf9793f3584d29a.jpg

how are you doing?

poop pick up training for the kids lol.

puppy's are for life not just for Christmas .

Keep up the good work mate 👍💪.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 3 months later...

2 Year Update off all psyche drugs!!!

been umming and ahing wether or not to write my success story but decided to leave it another few months just to make sure,

things are pretty much resolved now, would consider myself healed around 95%, the last few months have been fantastic and sleep has been mostly good, I am back looking good, no longer have black bags under eyes, put back on the lost weight and usually walking around with a smile,

night times no longer revolve around withdrawal, i dont have epsom salt baths every night anymore and no longer in bed by 7.30, usually go to bed around 9.30 - 10.30 and then usually asleep within 30 mins, usually then sleep quite solid until around 6 - 7 ish, sometimes wake briefly during night but get back off fast

if have a lot of stress then that can have a negative impact on sleep but this is true for regular people also,

35 years old tomorrow, remember my last birthday was awful as didnt sleep night before, hopefully not cursed myself writing this update,

thanks for reading

Hi Dj,

Im so glad and happy hear from your good news. Awesome and great updated to give me hope. Im just behind your foot step and into this healing road too.Hope your healing continue to 100% and more......Take care😊