☼ dj2010: off all meds for 3 months and been fine now bad insomnia

dj2010

21 minutes ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Dj2010, From your previous stories i have read and found out you are really super tough to get off so many drugs...i now also faced several sleeping disturbed,  insomnia and walking up so many times late night without getting back to sleep....my sleeping pattern almost like you wakes 3 to 4 times per night and struggling back to sleep....sometimes even every hour so suffer. I not easy to get melatonin cos my country ban it but lucky i can get from my sister , she stay at Australia.I hope u will getting more improvement better from waves and  more windows in future. Glad to hear that you almost back to normal good sleeping without any sleeping aids.

I still  in horrible withdrawal stage....would like to know how long you take the tumeric supplement. ...its a capsule or powder? Have any side effect if take for longer period.....i quite interested of having one if possible .....im a female.....im suitable to take it?

Thanks and take care.

hi Miracle, thanks for your contact, yes this poor sleep is draining me at the moment, it is so unpredictable, every night its different, I am sorry you are suffering the same,

it is not possible for me to buy melatonin in the UK either so I import it from the USA, have you tried long release melatonin? this works best for me, i buy this one:  https://www.evitamins.com/uk/melatonin-time-release-1-mg-Natrol-1219

standard release melatonin is no good for me, it gets me to sleep but then i wake after 1 hour and cant get back to sleep, time release much better

I take turmeric capsules 500mg and they have helped me a lot, especially during my taper, they are good for relieving the brain of inflammation etc, I haven't took any for a couple weeks though as I have had flu bugs recently and my chest has been burning a bit so been avoiding turmeric until my chest is better as scared it will burn my chest more

yes they are fine for females but you are best starting slow as it can cause problems for people with sensitive stomachs,

I hope you see some improvements with your sleep soon,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

33 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

hi Miracle, thanks for your contact, yes this poor sleep is draining me at the moment, it is so unpredictable, every night its different, I am sorry you are suffering the same,

it is not possible for me to buy melatonin in the UK either so I import it from the USA, have you tried long release melatonin? this works best for me, i buy this one:  https://www.evitamins.com/uk/melatonin-time-release-1-mg-Natrol-1219

standard release melatonin is no good for me, it gets me to sleep but then i wake after 1 hour and cant get back to sleep, time release much better

I take turmeric capsules 500mg and they have helped me a lot, especially during my taper, they are good for relieving the brain of inflammation etc, I haven't took any for a couple weeks though as I have had flu bugs recently and my chest has been burning a bit so been avoiding turmeric until my chest is better as scared it will burn my chest more

yes they are fine for females but you are best starting slow as it can cause problems for people with sensitive stomachs,

I hope you see some improvements with your sleep soon,

take care

Hi dj2010, Thanks so much for your fast respond and useful information. So sorry to hear that you got flu bugs and maybe weather cool over there , hope you will be fine and recovery soon.Yes...i havent try any melatonin right now but will try to find one as per your recommeded....try to find weather got shipping to my country or Australia (with help of my sister). Last time i took magnesium citrate but over the time i found out they getting less working. I need to find some alternative beside magnesium. Tommorow i will go to buy some turmeric supplement to help me. Thanks a lots.:D

Take care.

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

1 hour ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi dj2010, Thanks so much for your fast respond and useful information. So sorry to hear that you got flu bugs and maybe weather cool over there , hope you will be fine and recovery soon.Yes...i havent try any melatonin right now but will try to find one as per your recommeded....try to find weather got shipping to my country or Australia (with help of my sister). Last time i took magnesium citrate but over the time i found out they getting less working. I need to find some alternative beside magnesium. Tommorow i will go to buy some turmeric supplement to help me. Thanks a lots.:D

Take care.

if you are able to take a epsom salt bath then try one as these may help you a lot with sleep,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

52 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

if you are able to take a epsom salt bath then try one as these may help you a lot with sleep,

take care

Noted. Very much appreciated and thanks. :) Take care too..

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

update, now 10 months since last dose of venlafaxine and 11 - 12 months since last dose of seroquel

this last month has been a lot less stable than the previous 2 months, been in and out of a lot of mini waves,

the 1st half of the months instability was mainly my own fault through experimenting,

bone broth was having a negative effect on my sleep, I noticed I found it much harder to get back to sleep after waking in the night, very similar to the glycine supplement I tried, bone broth contains glycine, so stopped using bone broth after a week, after researching about it in google I found that bone broth can cause insomnia with some people as it can over-excite neurons, I am sure I will be able to tolerate it in the future when I have healed more, (got a freezer full of bones now!)

also i decided to go to the gym and lift weights which was a big mistake and worsened my sleep, its annoying as I feel ready in myself and have the energy and motivation to do this but my nervous system will not allow it, started yoga now and enjoying it,

2nd half of month been in and out of mini waves, cant think of anything that has caused them but read on this site that at the 10 month mark it is common for a uptick of waves,

tinnitus has been coming and going, it is there mostly at nights

still been living life quite normally except for days were had very little sleep and then usually just chill out on sofa, going out for day today, taking kids to a video game expo, its quite a big event and loads there for them to do,

below my sleep log for the last month, a lot less 7 and 8 hour nights than last month but there has been quite a few 4 -5 + hours solid sleep in the mix so thats a positive,

11th Jan      -  6 1/2 waking twice, couldn't sleep after reading negative article on this site, took 1 tynel pm

12         -    6 1/2 waking once (4 hours 50 mins were solid)

13         -   4 hours 10 mins waking once 

14         -   6 1/2 waking twice

15         -   6 1/4 waking once (5 hours were solid)

16        -    6 3/4 waking twice

17        -   5 hours extremely broken, took 2 tynel pm at 1am, gym session caused this

18        -  7 hours waking twice

19       -   4 hours waking twice

20       -  8 hours waking 3 times (4 3/4 were hours solid)

21      -  5 3/4 hours waking once (5 were hours solid)

22       -  7 hours waking 3 times (4 3/4 were hours solid)

23       -  6 1/2 hours waking once (4 1/2 were hours solid)

24      -  7 1/4 hours waking 4 times

25      -   6 3/4 hours waking 3 times

26      -   5 1/2 hours waking once , couldn't sleep so took 1mg slow release melatonin

27     -   6 hours waking once

28     -  7 3/4 hours waking 3 times

29     -  6 1/2 hours waking once, woke 1am couldnt get back sleep so took 1 tynel pm

30     -  3 1/2 hours waking once, couldn't sleep took 1mg melatonin, didnt work, took 1 1/2 tynel pm, didnt work so took 4mg diazepem

31     -  5 1/4 hours solid, awake since 2am

1st Feb    -   7 1/4 hours waking twice

2    -      6 hours waking twice

3      -  8 1/4 hours waking 3 times (4 1/4 hours were solid)

4     - 7  1/4 hours waking twice

5     -    5 hours waking once, awake since 2 am

6     -  6 hours waking 3 times

7    -  4 1/2 hours waking twice

8     -  6 1/4 hours waking twice

9     -   6 1/4 hours waking once (5 1/4 hours were solid)

10th Feb   -   6 1/2 hours waking 3 times (4 1/2 hours were solid)

hoping this month will be more stable, thanks for reading

Hi DJ I was watching this and thought it might help .

Its a bit long but give it a try.

Excuse the start ,it iritated me .any talk of meds ignore at the start .

Take care and enjoy the expo

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Hi DJ I was watching this and thought it might help .

Its a bit long but give it a try.

Excuse the start ,it iritated me .any talk of meds ignore at the start .

Take care and enjoy the expo

thanks a lot for this PB, its very interesting and offers a lot of insight, will watch the rest of this later on, take care

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

thanks a lot for this PB, its very interesting and offers a lot of insight, will watch the rest of this later on, take care

Your welcome DJ .I think I've realised why I have such vivid dreams now ,I have way to much activity going on before sleep .I need to break my habit of documentary's before sleep .

I'm thinking of adult colouring books ,see how I get on  .

Take care . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi Dj, Sometimes i also try and error to find out which root caused of insomnia, but at least you do a lots research to found out the problem. Its seem a significant improvement better for your sleeping pattern and is a good sign. My withdrawals will fluctuated by over the time it depends on my mood and stress level and the waves will become more extremed or tingling like been smashed. This what i believed is caused it beside of fear. I really hope you will reach your good turning point of speed recovery and share your good stories with us. Actually i just behind your footsteps and hope for your recovery stories to give me inspiration and motivation.  Hang in there and take good care too.

Best wishes,

Miracle

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Your welcome DJ .I think I've realised why I have such vivid dreams now ,I have way to much activity going on before sleep .I need to break my habit of documentary's before sleep .

I'm thinking of adult colouring books ,see how I get on  .

Take care . 

yes its a difficult one as watching tv before sleep is the only thing that really relaxes me and calms my mind, I have tried reading books recently but found it made no difference to my sleep, actually found it more difficult to fall asleep, if wake any time after 2am thats when seems to have loads of activity going on in mind and songs repeating themselves etc, usually have to wait it out until 5am and then the minds calms and i can usually get some more sleep,

you are best experimenting and see what works for you best,

just got back from that games expo, it was quite dark in there with many screens flashing etc, found it very stimulating and gave me a headache, hoping its not going to effect tonights sleep,

take care

1 hour ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Dj, Sometimes i also try and error to find out which root caused of insomnia, but at least you do a lots research to found out the problem. Its seem a significant improvement better for your sleeping pattern and is a good sign. My withdrawals will fluctuated by over the time it depends on my mood and stress level and the waves will become more extremed or tingling like been smashed. This what i believed is caused it beside of fear. I really hope you will reach your good turning point of speed recovery and share your good stories with us. Actually i just behind your footsteps and hope for your recovery stories to give me inspiration and motivation.  Hang in there and take good care too.

Best wishes,

Miracle

hi Miracle, yes there has been a lot of improvements over the last few months, there will be a lot of ups and downs so you just need to stay calm and away from stress, things will improve for you with a bit of time and a positive attitude,

take care

• 4 weeks later...

quick question for mods,

overall I feel I am doing really good, still having windows and waves but waves are much less intense now, only symptom is poor sleep, usually get at least 6 hours a night, had a week long window the other week where got over 7 hours of restorative sleep every night except 1 night where got 6 1/2, and I felt fully healed during it!, actually though that all this withdrawal crap might be over with, the bags under my eyes went and my face was glowing, I just felt on top of the world and totally at peace, I have never felt so good in my life,

the question is occasionally usually 2 -3 times a month when really struggling with sleep I take a tylenol pm and they work 95% of the time and I sleep, is this damaging me? I read on another thread somewhere that anti-histamines work on the same receptors as anti-psychotics?, would it just be better to get zero sleep? I feel much better taking a tylenol pm and getting some sleep than getting zero sleep which makes me very ill,

hope to get some input,

thanks 

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

would it just be better to get zero sleep? I feel much better taking a tylenol pm and getting some sleep than getting zero sleep which makes me very ill,

I think that's a decision only you can make because it's obviously a catch-22.  If it were me I'd be trying to limit it to the absolute minimum.  You also need to be careful that you don't develop a psychological dependence on it, because you could end up "believing" that you need it to sleep.

Are you practising good sleep hygiene?  

Sleep problems - that awful withdrawal insomnia

Sleep Hypnosis, Guided Meditations, Calming Videos

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

6 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I think that's a decision only you can make because it's obviously a catch-22.  If it were me I'd be trying to limit it to the absolute minimum.  You also need to be careful that you don't develop a psychological dependence on it, because you could end up "believing" that you need it to sleep.

thanks for your reply, yes I try to limit it to the absolute minimum, only on nights were I need to get some sleep as have have important things to do the following day usually work related, usually only need to take one 2 or 3 nights a month,

yes practising good sleep hygiene and have a extremely strict routine,

its just on back of mind that taking the occasional 1 is preventing healing,

thanks

Great update DJ ,keep at it .

You deserve it for you and your family .

Soak up them rays today . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

asked Dr Healy his opinion on tylenol pm and he said it has two serotonergic drugs in it and to avoid it,

thats 1 lifeline gone, will just have to stick to melatonin but cant really take that after 12pm,

12 hours ago, powerback said:

You still doing yoga DJ 

yeh still doing yoga and really enjoying it, becoming quite flexible now, the male only yoga class has been cancelled because not enough people but im still going to the mixed yoga class which is not really mixed its just women and me lol, dont care though, if its going to help me heal then im doing it, 

cheers

9 hours ago, dj2010 said:

yeh still doing yoga and really enjoying it, becoming quite flexible now, the male only yoga class has been cancelled because not enough people but im still going to the mixed yoga class which is not really mixed its just women and me lol, dont care though, if its going to help me heal then im doing it, 

cheers

That's great DJ .I must try it myself as soon as I'm up to it .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

update, now 11 months since last dose of venlafaxine and 12 - 13 months since last dose of seroquel

this month has been better than the last month, been in a window most of the month with bad night sleeps here and there, there has been more solid sleep and sleep has been more restorative, was only 1 night where initially couldn't get to sleep when trying compared to 3 times last month, usually attempt to sleep at around 8.50pm and usually asleep by 9pm - 9.15pm,

also had 1 week where every night was over 7 hours sleep, except 1 night which was 6 1/2, there was still awakenings but the sleep was restorative and the black bags under my eyes went,(they are back now), I honestly felt fully healed and the best I have felt in my life, I felt that good and thought the withdrawal had come to a end, felt completely at peace and truly happy, walking round with smile on face,

pretty sure sleep is more solid and restorative because started wearing blue light blocking glasses, after a article shared by PB I realised the importance of restricting light in the eveings, did some more research and found this article :

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/08/11/blue-light-blocking-glasses.aspx

and bought these glasses:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005IPPBNI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wear these every night after 6pm, even wear them in my epsom salt baths, they not only block blue light they dim all over light,  ive also bought some black out curtains so now my bedroom is pitch black, bought these which are excellent value for money:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-Thermal-Insulated-Blackout-Curtains-Ready-Curtains/dp/B01NAZ6QGB/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

going on a week holiday next month which looking forward to but also a little worried as wont be able to have my nightly epsom salt baths, ive bought a foot spa bath which going to take so can have salt foot baths so hoping that will work for me,

looking forward to the sun coming out and the weather warming up as sleep a lot better when been out in sun, also had quite a few colds and minor flu bugs last few months which has caused a few set backs so going into spring is welcome,

11th Feb .  -  5 1/2 hours waking twice (4 hours solid)

12 .  -             7 hours waking 2 - 3 time (4 1/2 were solid)

13 .    -         7 hours waking 3 times (woke 12.30 couldnt get back sleep so took 1 tylenol pm and got back to sleep)

14 .    --        5 1/2 hours, couldn't sleep so took 1mg melatonin, didnt work so took 1 tylenol pm and got back to sleep)

15 .      -        6 1/4 hours waking once

16 .        -       5 1/2 hours waking twice

17 .       -       5 hours solid

18        -         7 hours waking twice

19         -         7 hours waking 3 times

20         -        7 hours waking twice (4 hours were solid)

21         -        7 1/4 hours waking twice (3 3/4 hours were solid)

22         -        7 hours waking twice (5 1/4 hours were solid, over 2 hours deep sleep according to fitbit)

23          -        6 1/2 hours waking twice

24         -         7 1/4 hours waking twice

25         -       5 1/4 hours solid, awake since 2am

26           -    6 1/2 hours waking twice

27            -      6 1/4 hours waking twice

28            -     6 3/4 hours waking 3 times (took 1 tylenol pm at 2am as couldnt get back sleep, it worked)

1st March .   -    7 1/4 hours waking 2 times (5 1/4 hours were solid)

2nd .  -        4 1/2 hours waking once, awake since 2.30am

3 .  -        6 1/2 hours waking 3 time

4 .     -       5 hours solid

5 .         -     6 3/4 hours waking twice (5 1/4 hours were solid)

6 .    -      6 1/4 hours waking twice (woke 1am couldnt get back sleep so took tylenol pm, didnt work so took 4mg diazepem, it worked)

7       -         6 1/2 hours waking once (over 5 hours were solid)

8 .    -        5 1/4 hours waking twice

9        -        4 1/2 hours solid

10        -          7 hours waking 3 times (4 were solid)

11        -         6 1/4 hours waking twice (son woke up at 10.30 and was sick all over, had to sort, couldnt get back sleep so took 0.3mg melatonin, it worked)

thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Great improvement with your sleep DJ good on ye .

Enjoy your holiday ,you sure deserve it .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Wow, DJ. I'm so happy for you and also impressed. You've got the blue - light blocking glasses etc. going on. ;)  That's great ! You have come so far.

You have had some solid sleep, but don't be surprised if you have some backward steps occasionally. Not meaning to be a downer, but it's been that pattern for me and just forewarning you that it may not always smooth sailing.  ... it can sneak up on you  ... just saying. It's not a problem though ~ you just go back to " Survival Mode" -  All the P's ~ Practice, Patience, Perseverance, Persistence, and Pertinacity. I love that word (pertinacity) ... it means courage , conviction and a little stubbornness.  :P  Suits me fine.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

2 hours ago, powerback said:

Great improvement with your sleep DJ good on ye .

Enjoy your holiday ,you sure deserve it .

Take care .

thanks PB, how are you keeping buddy? been a nice sunny day today just back from a long walk,

1 hour ago, AliG said:

Wow, DJ. I'm so happy for you and also impressed. You've got the blue - light blocking glasses etc. going on. ;)  That's great ! You have come so far.

You have had some solid sleep, but don't be surprised if you have some backward steps occasionally. Not meaning to be a downer, but it's been that pattern for me and just forewarning you that it may not always smooth sailing.  ... it can sneak up on you  ... just saying. It's not a problem though ~ you just go back to " Survival Mode" -  All the P's ~ Practice, Patience, Perseverance, Persistence, and Pertinacity. I love that word (pertinacity) ... it means courage , conviction and a little stubbornness.  :P  Suits me fine.

thanks Ali, what a nice post from you, yeh cant believe how much difference the glasses make, my kids make fun of me wearing them all the time round the house, they think I wear them to look cool lol, they are too young to explain withdrawal and insomnia to, 

yeh the bad nights still keep appearing out of the blue and then brain fog and head pressure comes back after a really bad nights sleep but just look at them days now as a excuse to lie on the sofa and catch up on netflix, i don't get stressed about them anymore as know it will pass,

new word for me that "pertinacity" but I like it what a cool word and sums up my mind frame at the moment,

keep up the healing!

D. Even now , I have bad nights but I know that they pass ... and it's always getting better. Often , incrementally ... but still ... As long as you don't slide backwards, with adding more drugs, it is always an upward trajectory.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

39 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

thanks PB, how are you keeping buddy? been a nice sunny day today just back from a long walk,

got out myself to the sun ,I didn't walk far but forced myself to sit in it for 2 hours up the hills like a goat :D.

give yourself a pat on the back, this recovery and journey hasn't been handed to you ,your a credit to yourself ,keep an eye on any anxiety creeping up before your holiday .

theres a lot to be said for the glasses you have ,I was reading up on modern lighting in homes and these L.E.Ds aren't so perfect ,homes are way too bright especially in winter and towards the evenings .

Take care DJ 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi Dj, Really thanks for your updated and give me hope of recovery will comes too. Me too sometimes i cant sleep i will took anti-histamine medicine and cough medicine to give me sleep...if i cant sleep one day will make me so sick. I know its not good too but i seldom used only for few times per month and i believed always used same method will loss working and effectiveness. Right now i got melatonin and epsom bath to help me a bit. I so happy you getting a lots improvement and recovered of those withdrawal. I hope one day you can write a successful stories to give us hope and motivation. Take care.

17 hours ago, AliG said:

D. Even now , I have bad nights but I know that they pass ... and it's always getting better. Often , incrementally ... but still ... As long as you don't slide backwards, with adding more drugs, it is always an upward trajectory.

yeh its best to just go with the flow and let it ride its course now, onwards and upwards!

take care

16 hours ago, powerback said:

got out myself to the sun ,I didn't walk far but forced myself to sit in it for 2 hours up the hills like a goat :D.

give yourself a pat on the back, this recovery and journey hasn't been handed to you ,your a credit to yourself ,keep an eye on any anxiety creeping up before your holiday .

theres a lot to be said for the glasses you have ,I was reading up on modern lighting in homes and these L.E.Ds aren't so perfect ,homes are way too bright especially in winter and towards the evenings .

Take care DJ 

glad you got out PB, nothing better than soaking that sun up, going to get out again in it shortly, best making the most out of it before another snowstorm hits or something lol

yeh quite proud of what have achieved, I honestly thought a few years ago it would be impossible to get off the meds, after my last failed seroquel taper I was that ill, I remember telling myself that I was not even going to attempt to get off it again until the kids were out of school, if would of stuck to that then would of been on meds for another 10 years, luckily I found strength and gave it 1 last shot,

its unreal how much artificial light effects things, best thing I ever bought them glasses, 

hows the new diet going? 

cheers

5 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Dj, Really thanks for your updated and give me hope of recovery will comes too. Me too sometimes i cant sleep i will took anti-histamine medicine and cough medicine to give me sleep...if i cant sleep one day will make me so sick. I know its not good too but i seldom used only for few times per month and i believed always used same method will loss working and effectiveness. Right now i got melatonin and epsom bath to help me a bit. I so happy you getting a lots improvement and recovered of those withdrawal. I hope one day you can write a successful stories to give us hope and motivation. Take care.

Hi Miracle,

thanks for reading my update, recovery will come soon for you if you keep doing what you are doing, I consider myself around 85% recovered at the moment,

need be careful with the anti-histamines as they work same receptors, I was using Tylenol pm but stopped now as that has 2 serotonergic drugs in it, going to go back to just plain low dose of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride when desperate,

also had to stop using the melatonin I was using as noticed in the ingredients it has 10mg of Vitamin B6 in each tablet, no wonder I was finding it activating!, 

i have started using the below brand when needed and it has been working wonders, it is only 0.3 mg but apparently less is better when it comes to melatonin:

https://uk.iherb.com/pr/Life-Extension-Melatonin-6-Hour-Timed-Release-300-mcg-100-Veggie-Tabs/47832

hoping to write the success story by the end of this year,

take care

5 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

Hi Miracle,

thanks for reading my update, recovery will come soon for you if you keep doing what you are doing, I consider myself around 85% recovered at the moment,

need be careful with the anti-histamines as they work same receptors, I was using Tylenol pm but stopped now as that has 2 serotonergic drugs in it, going to go back to just plain low dose of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride when desperate,

also had to stop using the melatonin I was using as noticed in the ingredients it has 10mg of Vitamin B6 in each tablet, no wonder I was finding it activating!, 

i have started using the below brand when needed and it has been working wonders, it is only 0.3 mg but apparently less is better when it comes to melatonin:

https://uk.iherb.com/pr/Life-Extension-Melatonin-6-Hour-Timed-Release-300-mcg-100-Veggie-Tabs/47832

hoping to write the success story by the end of this year,

take care

Hi Dj, Thanks for your reply. You r right, thats why i restricted myself not to take anti-histamine medicine (fedac tablet). I also used it melatonin as per need if i cant sleep and try to low dose too. Right now i still going with bad withdrawals and hold tightly:D. Waiting for your sucess story by this year end....me too hope for miracle and can keep updated in this forum. Take care.

3 hours ago, dj2010 said:

glad you got out PB, nothing better than soaking that sun up, going to get out again in it shortly, best making the most out of it before another snowstorm hits or something lol

yeh quite proud of what have achieved, I honestly thought a few years ago it would be impossible to get off the meds, after my last failed seroquel taper I was that ill, I remember telling myself that I was not even going to attempt to get off it again until the kids were out of school, if would of stuck to that then would of been on meds for another 10 years, luckily I found strength and gave it 1 last shot,

its unreal how much artificial light effects things, best thing I ever bought them glasses, 

hows the new diet going? 

cheers

Brilliant Dj good on ye ,lol the diet ,I've had a sneaky Burger King but mostly cook from scratch healthy food ,well I'm years cooking from scratch .it's been very tiring some days the only thing I did was cook a meal and that's something I suppose .

If im not eating meat and then no gluten also it's getting a bit limited lol.i have noticed improvements and n my skin cutting out dairy.

Take care 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Dj, Thanks for your reply. You r right, thats why i restricted myself not to take anti-histamine medicine (fedac tablet). I also used it melatonin as per need if i cant sleep and try to low dose too. Right now i still going with bad withdrawals and hold tightly:D. Waiting for your sucess story by this year end....me too hope for miracle and can keep updated in this forum. Take care.

Hi Miracle, just had a look at your thread and you are doing really well, you are having windows and waves which shows healing, you are at month 6 which was one of my worst, i am sure things will improve a lot for you over the next 6 months,

take care

8 minutes ago, powerback said:

Brilliant Dj good on ye ,lol the diet ,I've had a sneaky Burger King but mostly cook from scratch healthy food ,well I'm years cooking from scratch .it's been very tiring some days the only thing I did was cook a meal and that's something I suppose .

If im not eating meat and then no gluten also it's getting a bit limited lol.i have noticed improvements and n my skin cutting out dairy.

Take care 

Hi PB, nothing wrong with a burger king or other takeaway here and there as long as not all the time, I had a Chinese takeaway last Saturday, try to make sure I eat fish every day though, 

Yeh sounds a bit limited will end up with just a diet of water lol, glad you've seen improvements in your skin though, my skin looks bad a lot of  the time but think thats from the poor sleep,

take care

4 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

Hi Miracle, just had a look at your thread and you are doing really well, you are having windows and waves which shows healing, you are at month 6 which was one of my worst, i am sure things will improve a lot for you over the next 6 months,

take care

Hi Dj, i also hope so....:)your words mean a lots to me and i feel so warm and hope now. I wish your recovery will speed up fast for coming soon times.  Take care too.

6 and half hours solid sleep last night which is the most solid sleep had in a long time and was much needed especially for morale,